• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Crysis Single Player Demo

As i mentioned before i'm using the 169.04 drivers and they seem to be working okay for me atm. Getting about 35-40 FPS at 1600x1200 but i have a multi-core system and it seems to take some advantage of it. 4GB of ram doesn't hurt either...lol
It's playable at 1900x1200 but choppy at times.
I do like shooting the trees and clearing out a patch of jungle. (Makes me feel like i'm in that scene in "Predator" with the minigun)
 
As i mentioned before i'm using the 169.04 drivers and they seem to be working okay for me atm. Getting about 35-40 FPS at 1600x1200 but i have a multi-core system and it seems to take some advantage of it. 4GB of ram doesn't hurt either...lol
It's playable at 1900x1200 but choppy at times.
I do like shooting the trees and clearing out a patch of jungle. (Makes me feel like i'm in that scene in "Predator" with the minigun)

What sort of settings are you using?
 
I'm a little confused about the SLI support not working in the demo. I just picked up a couple 8800GTs and I'm running about half of the options at High, and half at Very High (including very high textures, effects, shaders, and physics thought physics probably doesn't impact the FPS that much) in 1680x1050. The game feels like it's displaying around 45 FPS most of the time, and occasionally appears to be synced. This seems a bit quick if it was only using one of the cards to me. I haven't had time to run the benchmark or verify my FPS estimates, but I'm pretty good with this. I have Alternate Frame Rendering 2 forced in the NV control panel. Is it possible to get those speeds from a single GT or GTX? I can list out all the individual settings when I get home later. I imagine I should rename the Crysis.exe to rule out the possibility that the NV profile is taking over. If this is single-card performance, I'm actually fairly impressed, and can't wait for SLI to work.

A couple of review sites have tested/confirmed that SLI works in the Crysis demo, just not fully optimized yet. People are perpetuating the myth because of an official nVidia statement saying it wasn't "supported".
 
A couple of review sites have tested/confirmed that SLI works in the Crysis demo, just not fully optimized yet. People are perpetuating the myth because of an official nVidia statement saying it wasn't "supported".

And the fact that multiple people (including [H] reviewers) have found that using SLI lowers framerate vs a single card.
 
A couple of review sites have tested/confirmed that SLI works in the Crysis demo, just not fully optimized yet. People are perpetuating the myth because of an official nVidia statement saying it wasn't "supported".

I've tried to force SLI a number of ways; using the console FPS,I saw no advantage at all.(not worse,not better)

Currently I'm using the default nvidia profile,Vista 64 bit,169.01,computer in my sig.
In 1680x1058 I get max 45 FPS and a low of 20 under heavy rendering. Thats with everything on high,DX10 and no AA. At times it feel sluggish, but I could play under thjose conditions.

I have used 1920x1200 and my max frames seem about 20-22 and dip to 12 or 14. It looks nice but plays crappy. I couldnt play under those conditions.

I hope SLI is helpful.
 
Just completed my system build and I'm running the game at 1920x1200 with post processing and shader quality to High. The rest of the settings are set to Very High. Getting around 20FPS but it's still playable. I hate playing at lower resolutions because they look fuzzy on my display. Might turn some more settings down to keep the higher resolution.

Which settings have the most impact on performance? I forget what I read. Was it Post Production and Shader Quailty?
 
Shader definitely effects it, but changing it makes the game look fugly.

Im running on High and Very High settings at 1680x1050 with 2xAA getting about 30 odd fps average.
 
In my case everything is set to maximum at 1900x1200. Playable but to make it a lot smoother i'll have to back it down somewhat. This is one game i'm getting for sure.
 
Why does my frame rate suck when compared to everyone elses! I have all the settings on high, no AA and at 1680x1050 and I get around 18-25FPS. This doesn't make any sense. This is on Vista, by the way.
 
What do you get on the CPU test?

1280x1024
Very High Detail
No AA

E6400 @ 3.5
8800GTX @ 648/1512/2000
2GB @ 1000 CL5
Vista x86
169.04

CPU: 20 FPS
GPU: 23 FPS

Room Temp: 24C
CPU Load: 51C (Orthos blend puts it @ 57C)
GPU Load: 63C

I figured the temps would be much higher...then again, I only ran 2-3 passes of the benchmarks.

***CPU***
crysiscpuveryhigh1280x1024.JPG


***GPU***
damn the photobucket!

EDIT:
GPU Benchmark
1680x1050
High Detail
No AA
33 FPS

Speed's there, but the shadows and lighting now look fugly. :(
 
Can anybody explain to me how to create an Autoexec.cfg and tell me where to put it. I would like to conduct a few tests of my own.
 
Can anybody explain to me how to create an Autoexec.cfg and tell me where to put it. I would like to conduct a few tests of my own.

You can run the benchmark bat file, its in the bin32 folder or whatever its called... GPU and CPU benchmark .bat files.
 
Can anybody explain to me how to create an Autoexec.cfg and tell me where to put it. I would like to conduct a few tests of my own.

Open Notepad, type the lines you want and save it as autoexec.cfg. Make sure the file type is All Files and not Text. Then, place it in the Crysis SP Demo folder, the one with the Bin32, Tools, etc., folders inside it.
 
The demo is great and I have gone through it several times. Its neat how you can approach the situations in different styles, like cloaking from spot to spot and slowly tranquilizing enemies, then setting up C4 in their base and watch, from a distance as you blow it sky high and enjoy the shower of sheet metal.

I haven't been able to give Sandbox2 a go yet. I installed the sandbox edit, went to the Bin32 folder and clicked the Editor.exe, then nothing happens at all. Anyone know how to fix this ?
I'm on XP BTW.
 
siggma, where did you find the C4 in the demo map?

Thank you for posting those results, Jodiuh. I'll have a go using 1680x1050, all on high with no AA and see what I get on the GPU test to compare.
 
If you take it very slow on delta, it's almost tolerable to look @ the pretties on Very High @ 1680x1050. But I much prefer to kick everything down to high and get 10 frames back.

Bit-Tech just put up there review on the 8800GT and they did a pretty good job w/ the Crysis bench too. As they go w/ apples to apples, it's the perfect compliment to [H] imo. Whereas these guys made it "all too easy" on me w/ their playable settings, BT gives an idea as to how much GPU RAM this animal eats @ hi res. About 27% slower @ 1920x1200 wo/ AA!! It's going to be some time before anyone's playing this game @ hi res/AA, hehe.

From the Bit-Tech review

crysisgpurambit-tech.jpg


Let me know if I need to take this down mods.
 
Here are my specs again:
E6600 @ 3.4Ghz
8800GTX @ 626/2000
2GB @ 442Mhz CL4 (I think)
169.04
Vista 32-bit

Settings:
1280x1024
Very High
No AA

CPU: 17FPS
GPU: 19FPS


Settings:
1680x1050
High
No AA

CPU: 24FPS
GPU: 26FPS

Hmm, I thought I'd get a little higher than that.
 
Something is amiss...

When I ran those benches, I disabled nod32, the sidebar, etc. I've got an X-Fi Elite Pro on game mode, a couple quick hdd's, and all the perf updates including the nov dx10 update. Also, those numbers get quicker on the 2nd loop.

Hope some of that helps. :D

Now if only I could find an SLI board in the valley...ugh.
 
Something is amiss...

When I ran those benches, I disabled nod32, the sidebar, etc. I've got an X-Fi Elite Pro on game mode, a couple quick hdd's, and all the perf updates including the nov dx10 update. Also, those numbers get quicker on the 2nd loop.

Hope some of that helps. :D

Now if only I could find an SLI board in the valley...ugh.

I don't have any anti-virus software installed. The only thing I have installed really is vital software (for my X-Fi Platinum, which I have on game mode, wireless adapter and various drivers) and games. My Raptor drive was reformatted a few months back, so that should be in pretty good shape, and I installed the hotfix which I was prompted to install upon the installation of the demo. Yeah, I noticed that the FPS got a little high on the second time round, so I took those numbers instead. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of this DX10 update? This might be the thing holding my system back.
 
Backed down all the settings to high except for water and effects, which i kept ultra high. Still have the resolution at 1900x1200, and my FPS averaged about 20-25 in areas with lots of trees, details, ect, and about 25-30 FPS in areas with less stuff, ocean, beaches,ect. Once i figure out how to post screenshots to here i'll try to show you my screenies. (If anyone can help that is... :p)
 
Backed down all the settings to high except for water and effects, which i kept ultra high. Still have the resolution at 1900x1200, and my FPS averaged about 20-25 in areas with lots of trees, details, ect, and about 25-30 FPS in areas with less stuff, ocean, beaches,ect. Once i figure out how to post screenshots to here i'll try to show you my screenies. (If anyone can help that is... :p)

Upload them to http://www.imageshack.us and copy the forum code (the one that looks like this)

Code:
[url =http://longassurltotheimage][img ]http://www.imagesurl.com[/img ][/url ]

Its free and easy :)
 
Ah thank you. I had them uploaded to my windows live but for the life of me couldn't figure how to post them here. hehe
 
Maybe I'm missing something but, I'm not seeing a reason for all the whining I've been seeing around the web about poor performance. I downloaded the demo a few nights ago and played through it entirely and it was fun. No slideshows like I was expecting. I ran the GPU timedemo a few minutes ago and my average frames per second hovered around 30 for the most part. The gameplay reflected this as I monitored it with Fraps and observed similar fps. The settings I played at were:

1680x1050
All settings High except the following which, were on Medium:
-volumetric processing
-shaders
-particles
No AA

Keep in mind that this is with a year old PC.

CPU: core2duo e6300 @ 2.8GHz
RAM: 2GB Gskill 5-5-5-15 DDR2 800 @ 1:1
Video: EVGA 7950GT KO SC --> Driver version 169.04
OS: Win XP 32 bit
 
Here's one of mine. Not the best but not bad imho:
[/UR
Another:
[URL=http://imageshack.us]

Some more:

And yet more:

And the last:


Resolution was at 1900x1200, settings were high on everything except water and physics, which were very high. AA was at 8x. Was playable at this resolution also. (About 15-20 FPS with the AA, 20-25 without, with the occasional 30's) Drivers were 169.04.
 
This game is awsome. D/L'd the 'funmap5 2 days ago, then when I was finished, I preordered the game on EA's site. This game is gonna rock.....

If anyone is interested, running at 1440x900 all details on high. Tried 2x antialiasing at this setting but it was too low of a frame rate to play......

Last edit: running 169.04 drivers

EEEKKK.......just ran the demos, got a 20.08 avg on cpu and a 20.69 on the gpu test......LOL I have a video card I paid $450.00 US last may and it gets scores this low...........SIGH..............

guess i'll be going back to 'medium' settings...."he hears Barcelona calling"............

Dropped to medium........... got these results


25.84 on the CPU test and 27.41 on the GPU test.......time for a new proc????

SR

EDIT:spelling and updates
 
How do you make the helicopter gain altitude? My controls for the aircraft are grayed out in the config menu...
 
Yeah the controls for the heli are kinda weird. i just aim high and press shift a bunch to get high.
 
Back
Top