Chimp Challenge : Official thread

So wait, what the hell do i do to help out?
And what the hell is this all about anyway?
I've got this happy new computer and all i've been doing with it lately is helping GIMPS using an older copy of prime95 i was using to stresstest my OC.

You can help out by first downloading the F@H client from here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download
configuring it with the username [H]ardApe and team # 33, and running it for the duration of the challenge. The SMP client will net you more points if your hardware is capable of running it.

Okay, so then how do I join the [H]orde?

register your name at stanford.
Download a client from stanford.
Then start folding under team 33.

Right most of the [H]orde is folding under one user [H]ardApe

O and welcome.

OCF gets better work units; they mean more because all the ones for [H] are just working on genes that drive people to wear pink tutus.

T32monkeys
# 32

That's how you really save lives! :D

a2b9ed7a-1fb6-4d3e-8b18-b447c60bf66e.jpg

I remember a time when trying to recruit on another teams forum was considered taboo. Anyone else remember those days? :D

I think throwing Emonkey shit at people was taboo as well......looks like all lines are blurry now.

I think throwing Emonkey shit at people was taboo as well......looks like all lines are blurry now.

This is the Chimp Challenge and a little poo throwing is par for the course. Just be thankful that its not getting tossed around here nearly as much as over at MPC. They'll never get it all out of the carpet. :D

Hehehe...

I like to think I'm a good sport about poo throwing. I just stick around here because yall are so pretty!

OCF gets better work units; they mean more because all the ones for [H] are just working on genes that drive people to wear pink tutus.

REMOVE
REMOVE

http://thumbs.imagekind.com/member/f411b6ff-8aea-41ef-95a4-10b509f7c3df/uploadedartwork/650x650/a2b9ed7a-1fb6-4d3e-8b18-b447c60bf66e.jpg[/QUOTE]

I encourage you to remove that "recruiting information"

TABOO, but the poo flinging is not.

Alright, here we go. I've got 4 clients running, one for each of my cores. And now it's time to chill out.

T32monkeys
# 32

oldi but a goodie

spamfairy.jpg

This is the Chimp Challenge and a little poo throwing is par for the course. Just be thankful that its not getting tossed around here nearly as much as over at MPC. They'll never get it all out of the carpet. :D

The carpet is poo. Thats why we can sling so much.

folding as JRitt with MaximumPC

Check out the nifty avatars they gave us over at MPC.

Edit: This shirt and pin you speak of. Where do I get mine? I'm always left out.

Check out the nifty avatars they gave us over at MPC.

Edit: This shirt and pin you speak of. Where do I get mine? I'm always left out.

Nice, but it's probably to identify you more easily to the rest of the MPC folks so they can fling more poo at you.

That and so certain members of MPC will stop mistaking me for an aussie. I like jgold's better though.

I must say, it looks like all four teams have kicked it in gear this last 24 hours. With all the visitors we have at MaxPC now we need to identify our targets.

Just be glad we did, some of you may have ended up in the room with the sheep otherwise.

I must say, it looks like all four teams have kicked it in gear this last 24 hours. With all the visitors we have at MaxPC now we need to identify our targets.

Just be glad we did, some of you may have ended up in the room with the sheep otherwise.

Didn't OCAU already take them all?

As promised, here's a new addition I just bought and currently downloading F@H client so I can fold for the [H]ardApe (I put a sign to show I'm not bullshit ) :

DSCF1466.jpg

As promised, here's a new addition I just bought and currently downloading F@H client so I can fold for the [H]ardApe (I put a sign to show I'm not bullshit ) :

[*picture of pwnage*]

Lookin' [H]ard there, Xilikon... very nice.

I just started my first Q6600 (360x9) folding. Single SMP client with a GPU2 client running along side.

Last Stanford update shows:
Team.......# of CPUs
MPC........... 408
OCAU..........402
[H]ardApe.....319
OCF.............233
:(

I should get one.....

I got an HD DVD player (got the 99 buck walmart deal) 4 months before they killed the standard :mad:

I hate sony.... but what am I going to do with my flat screen now?

/sigh

The funny thing is if I get it.... I will probably never buy a game for it :p

I should get one.....

I got an HD DVD player (got the 99 buck walmart deal) 4 months before they killed the standard :mad:

/sigh

The only game I'm looking would be a new Final Fantasy (I'm a fan) but beside this, it would be my folding BR drive ;)

I should get one.....

/sigh

They play games now? I use mine for folding, blu-rays, streaming audio to my receiver and video to the tv.

Just switched my two rigs over to [H]ardApe. I'm running a little late but that's nothing new with me. :p

Back when Sony was losing money hand over fist with the PS3 it was one of the best ways to stick it to the company. Made them lose money on the hardware as long as you didn't buy anything that was made from a license from Sony.

I hate some of the stuff that Sony did so much that I refuse to even buy anything of theirs which would cause them to lose money.

Hey brother Xilikon that is one fine foldin' machine you gots there ;)

Those things (PS3's) can actually do something besides fold ? (like games and stuff) :confused:

Hey, I apologize for some of my posts, one thing we definitely don't need is friendly bickering fire :D

FOLD ON [H]ardApe

Back