Chimp Challenge : Official thread

We have 92.8k to go and only lead by 38.8k... this is going to be damn close... 1 or 2 bad updates... and we are officially third place.

Update: 62K to go and we only lead by 29.7k.... going to be a photo finish!

Update: 24,200 to go and we only lead by 32.7k... looks like we will eeek out 2nd!

Eh we get a 20k update and they get a 50-60k and its over for us!

A couple of my boxes are so close to dumping another couple of thou out for the Ape. Hopefully we'll close it out soon.

Upped one 10 mins ago :)

Now that we are officially 2nd, I'm working to revert my whole farm back to my name. Big evening in perspective (along with installing Ubuntu on a box to test the 2400 Pro and some beta WU).

I started switching boxen back as ETA's from Fahmon popped up after our estimated finish time. Now i can finish switching everything over. yay 2nd! :( oh well, now its back to being the #1 team in fah and pushing our cumulative PPD to 1.6 million.

Yay for second place:)

Alright....and now on to the arduous task if switching my farm back over.....:(

Congratulations for maintaining second place you [H]ardApes...very well done!

A good clean (and close) race 'til the end. Have a couple beerweisers on me, ya'll deserve it, and fold on! :)

austin1tr9.jpg

Hey many thanks Ben, I think all of the 4 teams deserve much more than a few brewski's, but you've got to start someplace :D

Edit: I just thought of something (it is getting warmer in here). You good people didn't actually "role over" and hand us 2nd place :(. I think I'm comin' down with an ulcer from the last 2 days of stress (only kiddin' :D)

Good fun is hard on the system sometimes and I had a blast :p.

Fold on !

I started switching boxen back as ETA's from Fahmon popped up after our estimated finish time. Now i can finish switching everything over. yay 2nd! :( oh well, now its back to being the #1 team in fah and pushing our cumulative PPD to 1.6 million.

Congrats everyone on staying though the second place finish... :)

Now it's back to chasing Connundrum1 :)
You've got a little bit of breathing room cause I upped 10k worth of points for the Ape today.

Congratulations to MPC for a unified effort!

Congratulations to those of us who came in 2nd, 3rd and 4th too. We are
all part of a larger team of folders, and I am happy to be in such good
company!

Fold on one and all!

Congrats everyone on staying though the second place finish... :)

Now it's back to chasing Connundrum1 :)
You've got a little bit of breathing room cause I upped 10k worth of points for the Ape today.

Sounds all bad for me :D. It hit 102F today and its gonna be just as hot all weekend! i'll see if i can keep everything running long enough to fend you off for a few more hours.

Hey many thanks Ben, I think all of the 4 teams deserve much more than a few brewski's, but you've got to start someplace :D

Edit: I just thought of something (it is getting warmer in here). You good people didn't actually "role over" and hand us 2nd place :(. I think I'm comin' down with an ulcer from the last 2 days of stress (only kiddin' :D)

Good fun is hard on the system sometimes and I had a blast :p.

Fold on !

Hi jws, it's nice to see you're doing well. :) I hear ya about the temps, the next few days it's going to be in the high 80s - low 90s around where I'm at. I love the weather, but my computers don't agree with me. :p

Ditto Celerator!!

I live in Dallas and it gets hot here too, but ain't you ever heard of A/C??? Thank God for it or I'd move to Colorado! Great job all!

Thank God for it or I'd move to Colorado! Great job all!

Umm... it's 10pm here in Denver, and it's getting toasty.

Of course, that's all relative I suppose, but these boxen are heating things up here right now. Going to fire up the a/c tomorrow;)

shoot, we've had the A/C on for over a month! That is why I don't complain about the electric bill when folding...its already so high what's a little more to help the world...

Bump. This might help with the upcoming challenge. We have some newer users that weren't around to see this last year.

I would hope we have a new thread. I just bumped this because in the other thread a couple people said they didn't know what it was. The first post in this thread explains things pretty well.

Hey guys i dont frequent the forum as much as I used to and i want to take my wcg boxen and throw it back in the fold for the upcoming challenge. How does the points scoring system work? Am I able to switch over today and only the points earned after may 5th count towards the contest? If i dont do it now i may forget. Maybe an announcement on th homepage would help.

Hey guys i dont frequent the forum as much as I used to and i want to take my wcg boxen and throw it back in the fold for the upcoming challenge. How does the points scoring system work? Am I able to switch over today and only the points earned after may 5th count towards the contest? If i dont do it now i may forget. Maybe an announcement on th homepage would help.
The points sent to Stanford after the start date count. Anything before that will not be counted. Switching over ahead of the date will ensure your clients are prepared in advance.

cool, then I'll switch over everything the 4th and not give a crap about mising anything

Back