Chimp Challenge : Official thread

All my SMP clients are switched over, cant seem to get close enough to my PS3 as my wife just bought a wii.

We still have some heavy hitters switching over....time for second gear to really pull away from the [H]orde.

You guys are getting really tiny in the rear view mirror.

My idea would be to PM the top 20 and see their status. Check if it is done.

Here are some good ones to start with and would put us over the top I think:

7 mklinger +1 21,940
8 devisger +1 21,908
9 lelliott731 21,809
10 Toasty[H]ardOCP 21,428
12 FuSoYa +1 +5 20,234
13 MikeMcHugh 19,400
14 CatBoxer +1 18,789
15 Pogo +6 17,546
16 APOLLO 16,899

I'll PM them.

Apollo in particular has participated in this thread but is still turning in stats under his name at a considerable pace. Something clearly wrong there. He was having config trouble earlier in the thread.

Well atleast KingFish is throwing in some points, so i think we have all the swimming folders are on board for the competition.

But he got into to some bad watter and fold for the wrong team :eek:

Here's who I PMd. Hope it helps.

zeplar
Killer[MoB]
Mattman
Anderu
APOLLO
Pogo
Catboxer
MikeMcHugh
FuSoYa
Toasty
lelliott731
Air Cooled 420
mklinger

Thanks. The one I'm pretty sure won't look is lelliott731. I sent him numerous PM to ask him to come wave at us without success :(

Sent a PM to Steve to put another FPP stressing about the fact that it's unacceptable we are 2nd.

I have three machines switched over. My work system (Pentium D 3.0Ghz), main system Q6600 and my X2 have had the change made. My other two F@H boxen require a bit of work to access at the moment and I just don't have the time right now. That is unless someone can find a way to get me out of work for the day and still get paid.

I have three machines switched over. My work system (Pentium D 3.0Ghz), main system Q6600 and my X2 have had the change made. My other two F@H boxen require a bit of work to access at the moment and I just don't have the time right now. That is unless someone can find a way to get me out of work for the day and still get paid.

sick day FTW!!

I already switched my HD3870
Q6600 will be switched later today.

:)

Hey Rebel44, thats good to hear. :D

Oh yeah, thanks for runnin' over me (I know that statement don't make all whole lotta' sense) The reason I'm insane enough to say that is you were the final inspiration for me to get off of my "dead arse" and finally get a Q6600. :D

Now if it would just hurry up and get here before the race is over (prayin' maybe today 05/06/08)

Hey SmokRngs do you think by tellin' em you got kiddnapped by "al quieda" (SP) and you were presently in Iraq would let you get the day off with pay? :confused:

Edit: SmokeRngs just tell them it'd be uncooth to not let you have the day off with pay to change over your boxen for a worthy cause. (only kiddin :p)

Switched my Quad over yesterday and the rest of my SMP boxen will be moving today or tomorrow.

Switched my Quad over yesterday and the rest of my SMP boxen will be moving today or tomorrow.

Hey thanks Choder, we's gonna' "smoke" all the chumps (err.. I mean chimps) in the Chimp Challenge :p

By the latest update, we got more points than MPC for once but only a few thousands. We need to bring more guns and outpace them before he get the finish line. OCAU outpaced both of us in the latest update, shrinking the lead a bit and OCF is still smelling their own asses or too busy chopping pics.

I've been so busy this week, babysitting a lot for my nieces and nephew, haven't had time to try and get the VM client working on my new computer.. so I've only had the graphical client running on my crappy Dell. It doesn't help much, but it's been switched over to [H]ardApe anyway ;) Every little bit matters!!

I at least would have been happy to have the graphical client working on this rig but it just won't anymore :( Always has trouble downloading cores, ends up getting to step 600. I think I have the time now though to try setting up the VM client.

When is the chimp challenge over?

I've been so busy this week, babysitting a lot for my nieces and nephew, haven't had time to try and get the VM client working on my new computer.. so I've only had the graphical client running on my crappy Dell. It doesn't help much, but it's been switched over to [H]ardApe anyway ;) Every little bit matters!!

I at least would have been happy to have the graphical client working on this rig but it just won't anymore :( Always has trouble downloading cores, ends up getting to step 600. I think I have the time now though to try setting up the VM client.

When is the chimp challenge over?

When someone break the 5 millions mark. We can expect to know who will win in 7-8 days if the production keep up like now.

We are now lagging 105k points! Pulls out the whip and begins cracking it at all the slackers not switching over their boxen! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Think of how well this would work as a marketing tool if we win this challenge... we are the #1 team in terms of PPD, but to also be able to accept any challenge and win! would be :cool:

Is this how you mow teams down as usual?

Face it, you will be our w[h]ipping boy..... (and girl)

sick day FTW!!

Was off Tuesday through Thursday last week with a sick kid. That used up all the time I had. :(

Hey SmokRngs do you think by tellin' em you got kiddnapped by "al quieda" (SP) and you were presently in Iraq would let you get the day off with pay? :confused:

Edit: SmokeRngs just tell them it'd be uncooth to not let you have the day off with pay to change over your boxen for a worthy cause. (only kiddin :p)

Eh, I'm an unimportant state government employee and I doubt they would believe I had been kidnapped. Just took a look at the options for paid time off and abduction by terrorist groups is not an option. :( I think I'm SOL unless someone dies. And yes, I have already used up my "call in dead" time as well.

Thursday is a state holiday so I have off work, but they won't let me take off another day and then come in on the holiday instead. I would probably get more work done coming in on the holiday, too.

My farm is now fully under control of the [H]ardApe and i'm pulling better PPD now then i have been the past week. 8000PPD with units dropping throughout today.
I tried checking the active CPU's from stanford but they're doing a stats update.

We still need to mobilize the rest of the team, the front page article brought a lot of people on board but just winning this thing isn't enough. We need to crush them.

Later tonight, I think I will swap my X2 5000+ box for my Quad core I am waiting on the PSU for. Will put the X2 back online when the PSU arrives on Thursday,

quick strategy question: is it to my benefit to run 2 SMP clients simultaneously on my single C2Q?

The quad's already pegged out, but it seems like people are running multiple SMPs clients (instead of multiple uni-proc clients) on their quads at the same time

quick strategy question: is it to my benefit to run 2 SMP clients simultaneously on my single C2Q?

The quad's already pegged out, but it seems like people are running multiple SMPs clients (instead of multiple uni-proc clients) on their quads at the same time

Yes, it's the best way. I'm running dual SMP on all my quads (2 instances of VMWare with a SMP client each).

Yes, it's the best way. I'm running dual SMP on all my quads (2 instances of VMWare with a SMP client each).

I'm running 2 windows clients if you don't want to or know how to setup the VM's. All I did was copy the old folder, delete the client config and work files, started the 2nd instance and configured it with ID 2.

Wait - so you're telling me that its safe to run dual SMP's on a dual core C2D, and it won't seriously bog down the frame times on them?

His original question dealt with Dual core processors, and then he mentioned that his quad was maxed out already.

Thanks and LMK.

I don't understand what the hell is going on here..... I have my farm 100% switched over, and I just checked my personal stats.........

Somehow, I have turned in over 3k points today, in my name.......

The reason I'm confused by this is that my borg has never turned in those kind of numbers....at least I don't think it has......can't monitor it, but unless my math is way off there is something wrong.....

My average daily PPD is around 3k.... 1500ppd from my farm, and the rest from my borg.

Here's a question.... my borg consists almost entirely of P4 2.8~3g boxen... what do you guys think the odds are that they are somehow, miraculously picking up the bonus wu's consistently?

That's the only explanation I can come up with..... unless someone is folding under my name and hasn't changed it over to [H]ardApe.........

Oh....and yeah.... I just got Mowed|over [H]ard by the Ape:)

Back