Checking in with my Ender3 pro

obviouslytom

[H]F Junkie
modi123
So 2 weeks ago I had to exchange out my Ender Pro 3 because it started making a large buzzing sound and would give an error message saying to reset. I went through everything I could to do just that and couldn't get anything to work.
Got the replacement and finally got around to leveling the bed and got that to work after about 15 minutes of tweaking the bed. When running a bed leveling print, the bed would jam because the bottom rail has a flat spot in it and I only found that after I flipped the wheels.

Once I got that hooked back up, plugged it back in and started getting the same buzzing sound and error message asking for a reset. I have no idea what else I can do besides go and exchange it yet again.

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
Take a picture of the error if you can. I own 16 3D printers and have bought some used. All Creality machines. From an original ender 3 to a cr10s pro, and I’ve never had any major issues. Some minor tweaks here and there. But nothing I could t figure out or solve. It’s probably something that can be fixed. But for it to happen twice is.... very rare for it to be random.

Ranulfo

2[H]4U
Quick question for Ender 3 users (looking at the V2 mostly). Is the BL touch auto leveling sensor package Creality sells worth it?

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
Quick question for Ender 3 users (looking at the V2 mostly). Is the BL touch auto leveling sensor package Creality sells worth it?
Every single of my ender 3 v2’s have bltouch’s installed. It’s cheap enough and very simple. The flash is simple the setup is simple, compared to let’s say, putting them on cr10’s or cr10v2’s. I own around 15 3D printers and the ender 3 v2 is the easiest to setup with a BLT in my opinion.

The printer is fine for most people without the BLT. Upgrade the bed springs, install a dual gear metal extruder, and install Capricorn Bowden tubing before you do the BLT. They will make a bigger difference.

I use the BLT’s because I print often times continuously or close to it for days at a time. So not frequently leveling saves me time. But for your average user, just replacing the bed springs and learning to properly manually level it will be just fine.

Last edited:

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Upgrade the bed springs, install a dual gear metal extruder, and install Capricorn Bowden tubing before you do the BLT.
I wholey agree with this. Per the earlier part of this thread, I picked up the 'parts' bag from amazon, and have yet to really be hard up for a bltouch or auto bed leveling.. but I am a filthy casual so there's that.

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
I wholey agree with this. Per the earlier part of this thread, I picked up the 'parts' bag from amazon, and have yet to really be hard up for a bltouch or auto bed leveling.. but I am a filthy casual so there's that.
Nothing wrong with that.

the BLT well any bed leveler makes minute adjustments, but really you still level it 99% of the way. They are nice to save a little time between leveling, or if you’re doing tons of prints. But for a single printer I don’t think you’d really know the difference vs a properly leveled manual bed.

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Ain't that the truth.. on the flip side the 3dprinter and ender3 subreddits are littered, daily, with people who can't seem to install one and do the firmware update. It's sad.

jmilcher

Supreme [H]ardness
Ain't that the truth.. on the flip side the 3dprinter and ender3 subreddits are littered, daily, with people who can't seem to install one and do the firmware update. It's sad.
It’s a hobby. Consider how many people can’t install ink/toner and a simple driver for a normal printer. Half of those same people have probably considered or tried 3D printing. It is sad tho. This hobby requires tinkering for sure.