Cancel your Bad Company 2 Preorders... This one's $19.99 @ Barnes & Noble

This has got to be a pre-order "placeholder" price. You'll pay the balance when it ships.

I'm a sucker for the LE, and considering this (at least from what it seems) is for the standard version.

This has got to be a pre-order "placeholder" price. You'll pay the balance when it ships.

If they try to do that I'll call my bank and tell them to refuse the charge because I didn't authorize them to charge anymore than $25.

Limited edition actually give you stuff you can't obtain otherwise in game? That's not cool.

Did you also notice that it ships from Gamestop as they are part of the same company? This will get fixed. Similar thing happened with SFIV with the arcade stick.

Couldn't get Bing to work...but eh, it's only $2.50.

Anyways, really hoping this goes through! :)

Feb 8, 2010 Secure Card (xxxx) Purchase-BARNES&NOBLE*BOOKQUEST 866-257-7723 NJ Pending Details -$24.31 USD

I used a virtual debit card through paypal. I'll just cancel the card now so they can't recharge it for more.

Did you also notice that it ships from Gamestop as they are part of the same company? This will get fixed. Similar thing happened with SFIV with the arcade stick.

EXAACCTTLY.

I can't tell you how many of these "deals" I've tried my luck on from B&N only to be denied because Gamestop wouldn't validate the price.

I can't wait to see how many people rage who got in on this "sale" only to be denied.

EXAACCTTLY.

I can't tell you how many of these "deals" I've tried my luck on from B&N only to be denied because Gamestop wouldn't validate the price.

I can't wait to see how many people rage who got in on this "sale" only to be denied.

I'm going in with the mindset that the order will get canceled.

not even going to bother, at this point my only hope is for bb to missprint the add again just like mw2 so i can go walmart or have them honor the price

I was going to buy it. But then I decided not to. I'm gonna be uber pissed if you guys actually get this tho :)

not even going to bother, at this point my only hope is for bb to missprint the add again just like mw2 so i can go walmart or have them honor the price
tru that!

I'm still playing my $29.99 copy of MW2

I'm going in with the mindset that the order will get canceled.

Same. Figure if its canceled I'm not out a penny and if it goes through I get the game cheap as hell. No risk involved for me.

Now to wait for the "ZOMG, they cancel order I'm NEVER EVER EVER EVER buying from them again SCAM SCAM SCAM F- RATING OP U suck do ur HW you waste my money!!!!" posts.

I bet none of your orders will get canceled but do not be surprised if you all receive the guide book instead :p

yeah if this has reached slickdeals I would expect it to not go much further. Strange they haven't caught it yet.

i would bet harvard business college has a term for this... something like "the dell effect". just put out a crazy preorder deal a month early, have a couple million hits on your site for a couple days and whole-heartedly apologize for the mistake and offer 10% off msrp and make the shipping cost 100% more then usual. then wait for the advertisement revenue to clear for an added bonus.

i would bet harvard business college has a term for this... something like "the dell effect". just put out a crazy preorder deal a month early, have a couple million hits on your site for a couple days and whole-heartedly apologize for the mistake and offer 10% off msrp and make the shipping cost 100% more then usual. then wait for the advertisement revenue to clear for an added bonus.

Exactly! I cant believe how many people here actually fell for it. :rolleyes:

Items From Gamestop
Shipping Method: Standard
Description Quantity Shipping Status Gift Options Discount Total Price
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Electronic Arts
PC Computer Game
UPC: 2000003703258
Cannot be Removed Expected Ship Date: March 2, 2010 This item cannot be gift-wrapped.
$0.00
$19.95
For questions about this shipment, please contact GameStop: [email protected]
Shipment Subtotal: $19.95
Shipping & Handling: $2.98
Sales Tax: $1.61

Shipment Total: $24.54

ORDER TOTAL: $24.54
Your credit card will be charged* $24.54
Safe Shopping Guarantee

OMG! Super fast shipping! I just got mine now! I love the full version!!!1

I'm stuck on the level where you have to fight the alien spaceship. Problem is when the beam freezes you and then the elephant storms out in front to block you from recovering. Any hints? So frustrating I want to return it.

I'm stuck on the level where you have to fight the alien spaceship. Problem is when the beam freezes you and then the elephant storms out in front to block you from recovering. Any hints? So frustrating I want to return it.
hint:
trap.jpg

If you shoot out all the TV monitors in the newsroom, and then rub one out on Wirt's Third Leg, you get to the Secret Cow Level.:D

Good luck, bargain hunters!
I was ordering with Bing until I couldn't pick GameStop in-store pickup. I'm not waiting!
May your patience be rewarded with thirty bucks in your pocket!

Back