Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

I never thought I'd say "there's too much loot" in a game, but there's too much loot in this game. I feel the need to stop and open everything I see green and it starts to become tiresome.

I think it's really because the majority of the loot is shit... makes it annoying to constantly see loot only to realize it's garbage.

Q: how many times do you find gun replacements per level? There is only too much loot if you are swapping shitty guns a lot to where superior guns are rare.

It's actually annoying picking items up in borderlands...

I'm not quite sure why picking stuff up is so clumsy; it seems overly sensitive to where you are looking. I also don't know why they didn't improve the crap inventory system or make cash and ammo consistently autopickup (this is currently inconsistent). It feels like these are all incredibly easy areas to improve with a little thought and polish, why not tackle them?

Yeah picking up stuff has always been an annoyance. The worst is the chests that you have to wait for the opening animation to finish before picking up items. They improved this a lot in the pre-sequel though because a lot of chests (at least the outdoor ones) are instant open. Also, why do you have to manually pick up ammo? It would be so much better if it just auto-grabbed what you need upon opening a chest. It's annoying and time consuming to hold E every time I open an ammo chest. I understand that maybe you want to leave some for teammates. But in a game this fast paced, do you really take the time to selectively choose ammo in each of the bazillion chests that you open? Hell no, you grab it all. And why do I have to manually grab money and moonstones??

Yeah picking up stuff has always been an annoyance. The worst is the chests that you have to wait for the opening animation to finish before picking up items. They improved this a lot in the pre-sequel though because a lot of chests (at least the outdoor ones) are instant open. Also, why do you have to manually pick up ammo? It would be so much better if it just auto-grabbed what you need upon opening a chest. It's annoying and time consuming to hold E every time I open an ammo chest. I understand that maybe you want to leave some for teammates. But in a game this fast paced, do you really take the time to selectively choose ammo in each of the bazillion chests that you open? Hell no, you grab it all. And why do I have to manually grab money and moonstones??

yeah the moonstone thing makes no sense to me..

yeah the moonstone thing makes no sense to me..

What specifically is so hard to understand about moonstones? Its the new currency, ala Eridium in BL2.

Plenty of things that are legitimate gripes in TPS, but whining about having to .. pick things up? You guys are too much.

Plenty of things that are legitimate gripes in TPS, but whining about having to .. pick things up? You guys are too much.

I would normally agree, but because of the sheer amount of pickups in a game this grindy and loot focused I think these rough edges could stand to be sanded down. minor changes could make material improvements.

Whoops. I totally got rid of this not knowing it talked. I had a better gun at the time. Damn

Same with me. Although the voice would probably have gotten on my nerves after a while. I was so happy to finish this quest. The character's voice made me winch every time I heard it. BL2 voice acting is way above better.

Same with me. Although the voice would probably have gotten on my nerves after a while. I was so happy to finish this quest. The character's voice made me winch every time I heard it. BL2 voice acting is way above better.

The thing i hate about the boganella is everyone can here the dam thing talking, not just the wielder.

Actually I didn't like the air gauge and found it annoying in the beginning but as the game progresses, it mattered less. I'm actually grinding to get items because the main storyline appears very hard. I have one or two gold weapons that help a bit.

I'm going through the game slowly. The one thing that I really enjoy is the grinder. It's a good way to grind down weapons together into one better weapon.

I was very much in "wait for a Steam sale" mode for this game. I recently quit on BL2 with the last two DLC's half finished. I liked the main game, but the DLC's have never really thrilled me with Borderlands titles, and since I saw a lot of people saying this played like an expansion pack, I wasn't overly eager to pay full price.

Well... two days ago a buddy decided he needed more people to play with and gifted me the game. Since then, I've put 8 hours into it... Honestly, I'm having a ton of fun. Yeah, it plays pretty much exactly like BL2 with a few little new things thrown in. But, it does at least play like a full BL title. It doesn't have that DLC feel to me. I still don't know that it's necessarily worth $60, but it is fun. Had I purchased an nvidia code or GMG sale or something in the $30-$40 range I don't really think I'd have been disappointed.

I got this on launch day but have been waiting for things to calm down at work before I dove in. My schedule is thankfully getting back to normal so I'm excited to finally be able to try it this weekend! :cool:

In-game event now live.....

cg6Uzc1.jpg

Noticed the bloody barrels. None of the rest of it though. Just finished the second play through and am at a loss for what else to do...

According to Shacknews, the first of the DLC Characters will become available on November 11th. From Shacknews:

Jack the Doppelganger joins Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on November 11
Gearbox Software announced at this weekend's PAX Australia event that Handsome Jack Jack the Doppelganger would join the playable roster for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as a DLC character. As his name implies, he is actually a clone of Handsome Jack. He brings Jack's ambition to the table, as well as some unique attacks.
FULL ARTICLE HERE

Finished B:TPS last night. I have to say that I very much enjoyed it and liked the story line.

That's good news, as I plan to pick it up sometime soon. Finally about half-way into The Evil Within, just wrapped up my first Bayonetta 2 playthrough, and I'll be needing something like this to play soon. My daughter and I have pretty much cleared through most of BL2 (minus the less interesting of the DLC) so this will be just the thing I think.

The kids and I have a ball playing this together.

How do you feel about the whole fact that jack became what he is because of the vault hunters to begin with? The villain from BL2 was our own creation!

That's just a big cluster f*** in my head. Lilith literally turned Jack into Handsome Jack...

20 Golden Keys for BL:TPS C55BT-S95HK-HTT3J-B3J3J-5H5CR

I was especially happy with them bringing back the eridians in the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the campaign. Was some Borderlands 1 nostalgia.

Yup. I really like the game myself. Taking a break before doing PT2.

I have to once again make the plug for Jesper Kyd. He really did some great music on this.

Yup. I really like the game myself. Taking a break before doing PT2.

I have to once again make the plug for Jesper Kyd. He really did some great music on this.

I remember when he used to do music for The Silents demos back in the early 90s. :cool: Global Trash and Hardwired were nice!

Does any one know if there's a way to get the chat window to work in multi monitor resolutions?

I can type and send it, but can't see what i type or what any one else is typing.

I've come to the conclusion that the best way to enjoy this game is with PhysX set to low (off). I played at least 9 hours with PhysX set to ultra, got tired of the slow down (on a GTX 780!), dropped it to low and I'm not sure I even miss the effects. Between trying to keep track of all of the enemies and trying to pick up ammo, I'm not really noticing the missing PhysX stuff. It's just a shame they'll likely never work out that problem. I even tried KBoost through EVGA Precision to keep the card locked at a higher clock and it did nothing to prevent the game from taking a dump in demanding fights. GPU usage doesn't even go up, something is just fundamentally broken with PhysX in the BL games that I'd be surprised if it was ever trying to use the GPU for physics.

The slowdown completely kills immersion. Set PhysX to low, and game away.

Just as a FWIW, I was playing online (total of 30 hours or so between SP and MP) and lost all my equipped items. Weapons, shield, oz kit, the whole lot. It happened after I joined a game and disconnected from the server. I'm not sure how someone is really going to learn a lesson from a situation that was out of their hands, but I feel like it's worth sharing.

Needless to say that was when I decided to stop playing the game...

How do you guys think my GTX 570 will handle this, at let's say, 1920x1200 and all options maxed?

If you played borderlands 2 with it then pretty much the same options will work.

Back