Borderlands 3

I wasnt sure how to open chests but there is a keyboard on controller prompt below the Fallen Heros menu.

Borderlands 3 Six-Month Epic Store Exclusivity Cost $115 Million

It was arguably the biggest exclusive deal secured by Epic up to that point, and it probably still is almost two years later...how much did Tim Sweeney's company have to pay so that PC players would have to go through to its store to play Borderlands 3 in the game's first six months, though?

That question can be answered today, thanks to one of the many court documents unveiled as part of the ongoing Epic v. Apple trial...Exhibit DX-3712 is an Epic Games Store 'Performance Review and Strategy' internal document penned on October 25th, 2019, and it reveals the deal cost around $115 million, divided between $80 million of minimum guarantee, $15 million of marketing commitment, and $20 million of non-recoupable fees

The Borderlands 3 gamble ultimately paid off...just two weeks after the game's launch, Epic had basically recouped the advance with $77 million of revenue earned through the Epic Games Store...overall, Epic saw one million and a half Borderlands players on its platform as part of the deals, 53% of which were new to the Epic Games Store

Flings trainer works for Unlimited Diamond keys :p
The thing is the guns are not that good in the Vault the Revenge of the Cartels guns are still better actually.
Some good shield and gernade mods though. Diamond Keys are really hard to get you need about 15 chests to open just to get one key they look slightly different then the regular keys which is alot off grinding I mean you prob would have to grind for a good week to get just one.

Borderlands 3 Six-Month Epic Store Exclusivity Cost $115 Million

It was arguably the biggest exclusive deal secured by Epic up to that point, and it probably still is almost two years later...how much did Tim Sweeney's company have to pay so that PC players would have to go through to its store to play Borderlands 3 in the game's first six months, though?

That question can be answered today, thanks to one of the many court documents unveiled as part of the ongoing Epic v. Apple trial...Exhibit DX-3712 is an Epic Games Store 'Performance Review and Strategy' internal document penned on October 25th, 2019, and it reveals the deal cost around $115 million, divided between $80 million of minimum guarantee, $15 million of marketing commitment, and $20 million of non-recoupable fees

The Borderlands 3 gamble ultimately paid off...just two weeks after the game's launch, Epic had basically recouped the advance with $77 million of revenue earned through the Epic Games Store...overall, Epic saw one million and a half Borderlands players on its platform as part of the deals, 53% of which were new to the Epic Games Store

So without the clickbait title, that is actually $20 million? What are the "non-recoupable" fees?

Borderlands® 3   5_8_2021 2_16_28 AM.png

Stuff look good but when you get most of it it's typical guns then again I only ran this about 7 times.
There was a Sandhawk in there Epic Center gernade mods but found that one kinda spam looking.
Got a Webslinger gun but I wasn't sure if it's the same one where you can scale walls.

Oh shit. I haven't touched the game in 6-7 months, but I'd consider going back for some upgraded cartel gear.

Oh shit. I haven't touched the game in 6-7 months, but I'd consider going back for some upgraded cartel gear.
You can lvl to 72 now so you may need to do that first, I just hit max lvl again, now to upgrade the gear

You can lvl to 72 now so you may need to do that first, I just hit max lvl again, now to upgrade the gear

Got it. So the Cartel mansion level is now permanently available or is there some new caveat to getting those weapons? The OPQ and Yellowcake are still my favorite B3 weapons of all time.

Got it. So the Cartel mansion level is now permanently available or is there some new caveat to getting those weapons? The OPQ and Yellowcake are still my favorite B3 weapons of all time.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2021-06-24-borderlands-3-crossplay-update/

the interesting bit
"Ordinarily, this would be the part where we say you can turn the event on or off at any time between its start and end dates. But as part of the Crossplay Update, seasonal event 'end dates' are no longer a thing!"

As stupid as it sounds, I enjoyed grinding gear in the cartel mission. Well...at least I enjoyed that the best versions of my 2 favorite weapon types dropped regularly. Getting inferior version drops was pretty annoying, but I did enjoy that level. Killing the other bosses repeatedly for drops was shockingly not too bad, too. Overall I just think that 6-8 weeks was the B3 at its best.

I turned on the Cartel event and now I have to re-find the coordinates. Is it doing this for everyone else or is this possibly because I initially played it with a friend that unlocked the mission during the initial event?

I turned on the Cartel event and now I have to re-find the coordinates. Is it doing this for everyone else or is this possibly because I initially played it with a friend that unlocked the mission during the initial event?

Everytime you clear it and do the quest again you need to find the coordinates, just find a crowded area and start shooting, should have it fast enough.

Yeah, at least with the original I would go to one of the cityscape levels that were packed with enemies. I'd usually get the coordinates in 5'ish minutes. Set the difficulty super low if you want - it speeds the process up. Just don't forget to crank it back up for the cartel mansion.

This weeks challenge is 250 kills with a grenade. But, shock/freeze/corrosive/etc do not count, only 'pure' grenade kills it looks like. I killed a lot of enemies with grenades (level 72 homing grenades), but they had extra effects, only had 3 kills count out of oh, 50.

7 top Borderlands 3 developers have reportedly left Gearbox

Gearbox has confirmed an Axios report that seven top developers on Borderlands 3 have left the company to form a new studio...Details on the new venture haven't been revealed but Randy Pitchford, founder of Gearbox Entertainment, said their departure will have no impact on the development of the studio's current project, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands...

https://www.axios.com/borderlands-3...uit-29762b78-5f36-409b-bd2f-6a346db33511.html

I booted this up again, trying to find stuff in my backlog that I want to play. I guess there's cross-play now? It prompted me when I opened the game.

I think my problem with this, besides the weapons feeling weak to use, is that like 99% of the loot you get is crap and not worth switching to, for long chunks of the game. It makes it feel like progression is very slow.

The vast majority of weapons are just randomized junk with an occasional gem you'll end up using for like 15 straight levels. They released a pile of good weapons for the Cartel Mansion free-DLC mission roughly 2 years ago. Nearly every weapon that unlocked via that mission ended up being the best of its class and several of them were the best in the entire game. Nothing before or after has come close, even after they nerfed most of them. That's been my issue with the game ever since. It's like they lost the will to make new/unique weapons that were actually intentionally strong. The full-size DLC's and even the other free stuff doesn't come close. If I were to start over, I'd probably try and get the OPQ and Yellowcake as soon as that level became available.

If I were to start over, I'd probably try and get the OPQ and Yellowcake as soon as that level became available.

Good to know, thanks. Was thinking about firing BL3 back up, never finished it, will keep an eye out for those

The vast majority of weapons are just randomized junk with an occasional gem you'll end up using for like 15 straight levels. They released a pile of good weapons for the Cartel Mansion free-DLC mission roughly 2 years ago. Nearly every weapon that unlocked via that mission ended up being the best of its class and several of them were the best in the entire game. Nothing before or after has come close, even after they nerfed most of them. That's been my issue with the game ever since. It's like they lost the will to make new/unique weapons that were actually intentionally strong. The full-size DLC's and even the other free stuff doesn't come close. If I were to start over, I'd probably try and get the OPQ and Yellowcake as soon as that level became available.

They buffed a lot of weapons, and there are some great ones around, been doing a playtrough using mostly the Hellwalker which was good fun. Currently giving the Bekah a go although you can't get that anymore.

They buffed a lot of weapons, and there are some great ones around, been doing a playtrough using mostly the Hellwalker which was good fun. Currently giving the Bekah a go although you can't get that anymore.

Good to know. I have a vault full of the best versions of every gold drop I ever got. I probably have 200 different items in there, but sometimes when they buff older gear they don't account for certain effects. I figure I'll probably revisit the game sometime next year. I've tried to go back a couple times and just didn't feel like playing after a few minutes.

Good to know. I have a vault full of the best versions of every gold drop I ever got. I probably have 200 different items in there, but sometimes when they buff older gear they don't account for certain effects. I figure I'll probably revisit the game sometime next year. I've tried to go back a couple times and just didn't feel like playing after a few minutes.

This guy on youtube has been making some vids about weapons that kick or suck ass if you are interested https://www.youtube.com/c/Ki11ersix/videos

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford Steps Down As Gearbox Software President

Gearbox Software has announced that former chief technology officer Steve Jones will now serve as the new president of Gearbox Software following a leadership shuffle...Gearbox Entertainment co-founder Randy Pitchford will still serve as CEO and President of the Gearbox parent company and shift his focus towards film and TV as the president of the newly-formed Gearbox Studios

Basically, the video game development wing of Gearbox responsible for games like Borderlands will now be run by Jones...meanwhile, Gearbox’s parent company, Gearbox Entertainment (which was acquired by the Embracer Group earlier this year) will still be overseen by Pitchford...

https://www.ign.com/articles/gearbo...teve-jones-randy-pitchford?utm_source=twitter

Gearbox's Randy Pitchford Steps Down As Gearbox Software President

Gearbox Software has announced that former chief technology officer Steve Jones will now serve as the new president of Gearbox Software following a leadership shuffle...Gearbox Entertainment co-founder Randy Pitchford will still serve as CEO and President of the Gearbox parent company and shift his focus towards film and TV as the president of the newly-formed Gearbox Studios

Basically, the video game development wing of Gearbox responsible for games like Borderlands will now be run by Jones...meanwhile, Gearbox’s parent company, Gearbox Entertainment (which was acquired by the Embracer Group earlier this year) will still be overseen by Pitchford...

https://www.ign.com/articles/gearbo...teve-jones-randy-pitchford?utm_source=twitter
Does this mean they will wash Tina mouth out with soap ?

I haven't played BL3 since last year, want to fire it up on my RTX-380 and 34" Ultrawide.

Anyways, is there anything new in this game in the apst year? Can I do CoOp with my son if we wanted too? Buy the game for him, and can we both play through the single-player together?

Ohh I should fire this on up on the new computer and see how it goes vs the similarly spect Intel based laptop I had

I haven't played BL3 since last year, want to fire it up on my RTX-380 and 34" Ultrawide.

Anyways, is there anything new in this game in the apst year? Can I do CoOp with my son if we wanted too? Buy the game for him, and can we both play through the single-player together?
Yes, the game is very much co-op focused.

And you are lucky as they recently fixed the UI on ultrawide screens.

As for new, depends what you already had b4, there are 2 season passes and there are the smaller holiday type events which are now accesible permanently and are free for everyone, just need to turn them on in the main menu.

100%. The one thing this series really nails is drop-in co op. No brainer with kids and teenagers because of its younger audience focused writing style and narrative. You will have a blast.

Last edited:
Back