Borderlands 3

It isn't as bad as I feared...but Jamie Lee Curtis and Cate Blanchett? Talk about questionable casting choices.

Oh hell yeah! That trailer had me laughing pretty well. This is going to be just a batshit crazy ride and I'll love it!

This is going to be absolute dog shit
Me hoping it's some sort of AI generated fake trailer.... but then.... reality hits.

1708547080947.png

It isn't as bad as I feared...but Jamie Lee Curtis and Cate Blanchett? Talk about questionable casting choices.

Even Roland and Claptrap are miscast I think

Although Jack Black is at least acceptable... why not just use the actual voice actor

This movie seems like a classic hollywood, we're taking the general idea of the game, but completely ignoring all the details and making it however we feel like.

Also the trailer is giving "we have guardians of the galaxy at home" vibes

Even Roland and Claptrap are miscast I think

Although Jack Black is at least acceptable... why not just use the actual voice actor

Would probably be cheaper to. The casting for the women characters is just bad. They look 2-3 times as old as the game characters. As for the rest, they don't sound or act like the characters from the game. They could have at least tried.

Having most of the female characters be twice as old as their game counterparts is a bit odd, but it looks like a fun movie. I'm far less jaded as I get older and I just watch things to enjoy things these days instead of being overly critical. Life is too short and exhausting enough as it is to constantly b^tch about everything.

Ain't gonna lie, I don't hate it. Didn't think hart looked all that bad as Roland either.

Tanis always seemed like an old unattractive woman anyway so Jamie Lee Curtis doesn't seem like a bad fit.

Lilith could be better though.

I do despise jack black.......

Both too old.
Roland is supposed to be the straight man, basically the opposite of Kevin Hart.
Clap Trap's voice is iconic, replacing the VA doesn't make sense.
Tina's actress seems fine, never seen her before. But the character was too toned down in the trailer. She reminded me more of Louise Belcher.

Cate Blanchett is 54. Gina Gershon is 61. Jamie Lee Curtis is 65. I get that being an older actress sucks ass in Hollywood, but they don't have to cast them all in the same movie. Especially in roles that don't really fit. Blanchett being the worst cast of the three by leaps and bounds. She's like...a real dramatic actress. It's just strange. Seems like a movie that at least uses some of the right source material, but drew their talent out of a hat.

Cate Blanchett is 54. Gina Gershon is 61. Jamie Lee Curtis is 65. I get that being an older actress sucks ass in Hollywood, but they don't have to cast them all in the same movie. Especially in roles that don't really fit. Blanchett being the worst cast of the three by leaps and bounds. She's like...a real dramatic actress. It's just strange. Seems like a movie that at least uses some of the right source material, but drew their talent out of a hat.
I don't know. If Cate brings her spunkiness as Hela from Thor into this movie, it would be pretty cool. She is definitely dramatic, but she can also play very cool parts. I still don't know why they cast these actors that are twice the age they're supposed to be, though.

Cate Blanchett does look younger with the red hair but she's still miscast...maybe they wanted to get some recognizable name actresses for the female roles so they went with an older cast...the actor playing Krieg at least looks the part but he's wearing a mask the entire time

The vast majority of videogame movie adaptations are trash (at least for those of us who actually played them), highly doubt this will be any different.

Honestly the only one I can think of that I actually liked was Silent Hill (2006), and it was not well received.

The vast majority of videogame movie adaptations are trash (at least for those of us who actually played them), highly doubt this will be any different.

Honestly the only one I can think of that I actually liked was Silent Hill (2006), and it was not well received.

Yeah mostly "just ok" ones. Silent Hill wasn't bad. Angelina in the first Tomb Raider wasn't horrible (the sequels sucked). The first Resident Evil wasn't a bad movie but didn't line up with the games well (all the sequels sucked). I remember Mortal Kombat from the 90's wasn't horrible (good soundtrack too), but didn't really line up with the games... and the sequels sucked. I'm sensing a pattern here.

But yeah, I'd say a solid 90% are garbage

The original Silent Hill movie was super creepy.

Yeah mostly "just ok" ones. Silent Hill wasn't bad. Angelina in the first Tomb Raider wasn't horrible (the sequels sucked). The first Resident Evil wasn't a bad movie but didn't line up with the games well (all the sequels sucked). I remember Mortal Kombat from the 90's wasn't horrible (good soundtrack too), but didn't really line up with the games... and the sequels sucked. I'm sensing a pattern here.

But yeah, I'd say a solid 90% are garbage
I knew I posted that too soon. I love Mortal Kombat 1995 and honestly quite enjoyed 2021, though I didn't like the Cole character, there was just no need. I think I've only seen some bits and pieces of the Tomb Raider movie so that may be an ok one. The Anderson RE movies did nothing for me at all, and I like Mia. The latest one Welcome to Racoon City fit the lore the best, but had a lot of shortcomings, casting mostly, but I didn't hate it as much as most people did. Actually now that I think of it I liked Doom 2005 too. Ok so some are decent enough.

Edit: Also I love Super Mario Bros 1993 but I would not call it a good movie lol.

I knew I posted that too soon. I love Mortal Kombat 1995 and honestly quite enjoyed 2021, though I didn't like the Cole character, there was just no need. I think I've only seen some bits and pieces of the Tomb Raider movie so that may be an ok one. The Anderson RE movies did nothing for me at all, and I like Mia. The latest one Welcome to Racoon City fit the lore the best, but had a lot of shortcomings, casting mostly, but I didn't hate it as much as most people did. Actually now that I think of it I liked Doom 2005 too. Ok so some are decent enough.
The last Tomb Raider movie would have been great if they hadn't decided to take a fat, steaming pile all over the story of the first rebooted game which the movie was based on. I was anxiously awaiting the Queen of Death and her army of Demon Samurai. Nope, we got a lady in a coffin with noxious gas as a booby trap.

Old and unattractive is what you said, which she is neither of the two.

Again, her personality, dialogue, hell even her research role in the game, screams older woman. couple that with an average looking character model, the casting of an older woman doesn't seem so out of place.

Yes I would love an actress with big tits and tight ass to play tannis. Just don't think the casting was unbelievable on that one.

I’d definitely recast most of them if it were up to me but I have to say, the trailer doesn’t look bad..

Moxxi being played by a 61 year old hurts though.

Hehe, yeah Tanis is 65 and Lilith is 50. Moxxi is over 60 and Roland is a 5.5 foot comedian with a wisecracking high pitched voice. Got it. Don't get me started on Claptrap.
Agreed. Like Jack, but he's wrong for Claptrap. I'm still hoping they pull off a good movie but not betting on it.

The funny thing is that Gina Gershon would have been perfect for Moxxi at one time. She literally could have just gone out there and pretended she was Cristal Connors again.

Back