Black Desert Online

I really need a video or something explaining to me what I need to know in black desert. I barely figured out trade routes, and workers last time. Im kinda lost. Im just killing shit and doing quests.

I really need a video or something explaining to me what I need to know in black desert. I barely figured out trade routes, and workers last time. Im kinda lost. Im just killing shit and doing quests.
lol, QFT.

I have the same exact issue.

Check out Morrolan TV videos on Youtube. He has worker guides and his enchanting guide is freaking awesome! RNG hates me so never ask me how to enchant. Ever. :) :) ;)

Bladeboques has nice guides on how to make money. Some of his older videos are no longer relevant though.

I just created an account and am giving the 7 day trial offer a whirl - this is definitely a different type of game that I'm used to. Animations / cut-scenes are a bit strange at times (jittery in some cases) but besides that, there seems like there's a lot of content. Granted, I have no idea what I was doing (aside from what I presume to be initial quests with that black smoke thingie). The combat seems interesting to say the least.

It's a pretty cool game! Tons of stuff to do. You level by engaging in combat. The quests are there to give you bag space, energy points, and points towards owning more nodes on the map. You use those points to purchase real estate on the map to do things like manufacture armor, ships, hire workers, etc. I would suggest watching a video on the game from one of the guys above.

Also there is a great repository of information on Dulfy. TONS of information! When a new event comes out, Dulfy will have you covered.
http://dulfy.net/category/bdo/

Reading some guides on Reddit is sometimes useful. Remember that the game is ever changing so try to find up to date guides.
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/

GOD'SlittleSERVANT Dan Hope these and the videos above help some.

the 200% xp buff for 30 min is kinda insane, Paired up with XP scrolls, XP armor and server XP gains, I was able to hit 50 last night. I was grinding for 15 min at 49.999% until I realized I havent leveled in a bit. Banged out the scroll quest and Im off to 52 to unlock my Greatsword. Im also going to level a bunch of alts.

Do you eventually get kicked out of the XP server? I heard you have 30 days

I haven't played in a while and I came back to over 100 million in gold in my inbox. Talk about devaluation.

started a fresh warrior and im not 56 with a +15 awakening. But now my game is artifacting like fucking crazy... ONLY in DBO and i redid my drivers + reinstalled the game... Anyone else artifacting or is it my new GPU?

started a fresh warrior and im not 56 with a +15 awakening. But now my game is artifacting like fucking crazy... ONLY in DBO and i redid my drivers + reinstalled the game... Anyone else artifacting or is it my new GPU?
When you reinstalled did you make sure to completely wipe all the files in the black desert folder. Even after uninstalling something could have been left behind. I'd also maybe checking the documents folder and see if any files remained or weren't updated in the black desert folder.

Was a dying gpu. Problem solved. So I'm now 56 warrior with a pri ultimate yuria and a +15 greatsword. All my armor is like +9-10... gotta upgrade it all

Was a dying gpu. Problem solved. So I'm now 56 warrior with a pri ultimate yuria and a +15 greatsword. All my armor is like +9-10... gotta upgrade it all

Your gear is better than mine! Do not enchant your gear following this comment. Stick to the guides. I tried to enchant a Liverto to +14 and it failed all the way to nearly 35 stacks. I have the worst RNG in MMO history. It's still +14, and I have to go farm more money to repair it. :)

Luckily I have a +15 Yuria to use. Every time that I get excited to play, the enchanting makes me very sad.

Every time that I get excited to play, the enchanting makes me very sad.

I eneded up dropping 36m on my yuria... I have 4 toons with +22 failstacks that I cant bare to use on a 10 to 11 armor. I also ended up dropped close to 16m on concentrated black stones to try to get my +15 GS to a PRI.

If you guys have found a decent guild pm me. I don't mind playing solo but a guild would be nice too.

The latest patch really improved smoothness everywhere and here's why:
bdo.png

I must say that I'm really happy that I picked i7 instead of i5...

Managed to get my first tier 7 horse... They definitely did something in the latest patch.
tier7.png

Also that tier 3 horse has sprint....

Last edited:
Latest patch did something not so good to me. On my W10 rig (6700k & GTX970) I keep getting disconnected. Something about script failure. On my W7 rig (4790k & 290x CF) no problem at all. I use Firefox browser on both and both are the same updated 52 build so I don't think its a browser issue like some have said could be the culprit although why a browser has anything to do with it is beyond me since BDO has it's own launcher. Before the patch no problems.

Just started playing and man! There are so many systems in this game that it's very overwhelming at first. I'm learning slowly but surely, but it's still a lot of shit to learn.

Still don't really know what class to play. I have a Witch which is my highest at 32, a DK that is 19, a Berserker at 13 and a Musa at like 5. I think I might start playing Musa; even though, they seem to be very weak or gear dependent.

Just started playing and man! There are so many systems in this game that it's very overwhelming at first. I'm learning slowly but surely, but it's still a lot of shit to learn.

Still don't really know what class to play. I have a Witch which is my highest at 32, a DK that is 19, a Berserker at 13 and a Musa at like 5. I think I might start playing Musa; even though, they seem to be very weak or gear dependent.

I found the Musa (Maewa in my case) over powered early on; almost like I was cheating compared to my ranger. I have played in a few months now however.

I found the Musa (Maewa in my case) over powered early on; almost like I was cheating compared to my ranger. I have played in a few months now however.

I think Musa/Mae are underpowered at endgame tho, LOL. I still enjoy the playstyle.

How long did that take? It seems to be competitive you need to grind forever.
2-3 months? I got lucky with my first toon and was able to Tri a yuria sword and Tri a green greatsword, ended up selling those to help fund the wizard. Between that and grinding pirates in a party of 2 with my friend or my father, money really flows in. Also log in EVERY day. the end prizes for the attendance rewards are awesome, last month you had a chance to get a orge ring (worth 100m) and a bunch of people got them.

Reactions: Sky15
like this
I also make very crappy amount of passive money, I think I have about 10 workers all based around Hidel-Valia area just gathering random shit. I do AFK fish almost every night, Buy a fishing tunic (+ fishing level) and grab a +3 or better Epheria rod ASAP, I know its a few million but you will make it up in 2-3 days back in afk fishing, I promise.
**heres my biggest tip that I myself didnt follow! DON'T GAMBLE. especially in the beginning. Buy your ultimate grunil (or what ever) at +15 each, Buy your Pri accessories (blue coral rings+earrings to start) Buy a duo Yuria weapon (most grinding mobs are humans) and once you hit 56 already have your +15 green version of awakened.
Once you have a basic set of pri and +15 stuff. Grinding at Sausans will be a breeze. Also don't ever enchant jewelry unless you have a backup... If the enchant fails Both pieces of jewelry explode and you have nothing.

Reactions: Sky15
like this
I also make very crappy amount of passive money, I think I have about 10 workers all based around Hidel-Valia area just gathering random shit. I do AFK fish almost every night, Buy a fishing tunic (+ fishing level) and grab a +3 or better Epheria rod ASAP, I know its a few million but you will make it up in 2-3 days back in afk fishing, I promise.
**heres my biggest tip that I myself didnt follow! DON'T GAMBLE. especially in the beginning. Buy your ultimate grunil (or what ever) at +15 each, Buy your Pri accessories (blue coral rings+earrings to start) Buy a duo Yuria weapon (most grinding mobs are humans) and once you hit 56 already have your +15 green version of awakened.
Once you have a basic set of pri and +15 stuff. Grinding at Sausans will be a breeze. Also don't ever enchant jewelry unless you have a backup... If the enchant fails Both pieces of jewelry explode and you have nothing.

Thanks, yea. I have only 2 workers gathering potatoes and another flower. I'm have my artisan voucher for workers that I'm gonna use and just make them collect some wheat products and ore and sell it. I play DK so no Awakening yet. I did buy a Liverto +7 for 10mil. I rather not try my hand at enchanting with only 50mil. I've been trying to buy ultimate or close to +15 gear on the AH. I'm gonna buy me one of those fish suits in the pearl shop and what you suggested and just fish in valia at night and make some decent coin.

There is a fishing outfit (not sure of the name) on the auction house. Gives +1, +2, etc fishing according to how much you enchant them. Look in the armor section. There is one for gathering, cooking, farming, etc.

Oh and they enchant like jewelry so you can end up with nothing if you try and get too fancy. ;)

Today's patch had one really welcome feature: "Graphic Card Low-power mode"
It's enabled by default and that's how it was before this patch. If you disable it the performance greatly improves.

kinda not doing anything until striker is released, Im stock piling all my money for him.

I need to fire this up again and see if I can make that insane flickering problem go away, or maybe a patch since the last time I played has fixed it.

Once I get the graphics problems fixed, then I'll dig up some guides and start carving out a path. :)

EDIT - Nope, constant flickering/shimmering still there. No matter what I set for video options it never goes away. Google searches for the issue didnt lead to a solution either. Guess I'll just have to shelve the game indefinitely. Glad I didn't pay much for it. Still a shame though. :(

Last edited:
Back