• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Desert Online

I got a system message that my level 55 was too low a level to get loot from Kazarka. To try again after I gain some levels. I haven't logged in since.
 
Did everyone get their Red Nose armor? Can't wait for my second chance at more Red Nose armor!
Attendance Reward Box

Greetings adventurers,

We have investigated the reports of users having received only a single item type from the Attendance Reward 'Boss Armor Box'. At this time it appears the item is not functioning as intended, we are taking the necessary steps to correct this issue. Players that received one of the defective boxes will be issued a new fixed version at the end of the event.

Please note you will only receive the second box if you had already claimed the defective attendance reward by the end of the event, in addition to this we will not be removing any of the rewards earned by the original box. Please note that you must claim and open the original box prior to November 2nd or it will disappear.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for understanding

 
Yep, got mine. Gonna stash it for now and probably sell it after prices go up again.
 
If I had the time would like to try this game out but I'm afraid of seizures.
and eyestrain not many AAA MMOs in the pipeline.
 
Horse racing going to be added in tomorrow

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 19.10.2016

Duration: 6h Server Down: Server Up:
Global 08:00 UTC 14:00 UTC
West Coast (NA) 01:00 PDT 07:00 PDT
East Coast (NA) 04:00 EDT 10:00 EDT
Central (EU) 10:00 CEST 16:00 CEST


Reason:
  • Halloween Celebration has begun.
  • Horse Racing has been added.

Note:
  • Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our Forum after the maintenance

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
BDO Team
 
Patch notes.
Patch Notes - October 19th

[Note] Players will need to open their Attendance Boss Reward Box by November 2nd, 2016 as the original box will be removed from the game and a fixed version of the box will be given to all players who logged in for all 30 days and opened the original box.

Please also note the ‘fixed’ version of this box will work as originally intended with a chance to contain any piece of boss armor.

89kP5S2.png
The Halloween Event has begun within the Black Desert Online world!
During the event period you’ll be able to:
Enjoy various decorations in the Main Cities (Note: Lightning effects will only be visible with graphics settings of High or above on Texture/Graphic quality settings)
A Big Bloody moon will rise during the night.
Be sure to check out the Halloween themed background music after 10pm in major towns.
Added a Halloween themed Log in page, Channel Selecting page and Loading gauge.

[Event] Awakening Gift Pack" will be reissued to player who had it disappear from their inventory after last maintenance
All EU guilds that participated in the Node War last Wednesday will be awarded 100,000,000 silver due to the interruption.
[Halloween Events] A series of seasonal quests has started. More information can be found >Here<
Horse Racing has arrived, click >Here< for more information!
MReUtDv.png
All Classes
Halloween effects for Awakening Skills, Halloween Costumes and Pets have been added.
Special ‘Bat’ effect will be seen when using Awakening skills that consume Black Spirit’s Rage 100% (Excluding Bloody Suit).
New hairstyle for every female class has been added.
Damage of the ability “Concentrated Magic Arrow” has been decreased when used in PvP.

UlBRgZo.pngMusa
Fixed the issue where Forward Blind Thrust doesn’t work properly after using forward chase with Blade.

dmwhMKY.pngMaehwa
Fixed the issue where Forward Blind Thrust doesn’t work properly after using forward chase with Blade.


f6344tD.png
Pearl Shop Sale
Halloween Pet Pack
Get all six limited edition Halloween Pets for the price of four!
Please note that you can exchange any Halloween Pet with another Halloween Pet, regardless of which specific Halloween Pet it is. All other pet exchange rules apply.

Halloween Item Bundle
Bloody Suit
Drifty Ghosphy
Skeletal Horse Equipment
Halloween Interior Set

Some Furniture will no longer be permitted to register for sale on the Market Place.
Players can still buy these items from the Furniture Dealer NPC’s in town.
Pearl Shop Update
jwRtbJr.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
87XSXJg.png
Horse Racing has been added.
The resurrection count of a Horse will no longer prohibit it from registering to race.
The resurrection count of every owned ‘Ground Mount’ will be reset on the 20th of October.
Ground Mounts: Horse, Camel, Donkey, Elephant, and Wagon
Death of a private ground mount at Node/Siege Wars will no longer be applied.
Mount Resurrection Reset can be used for Camels now.
Placing a Fence or a Garden will no longer be possible at Red Battle Field.
Previously set fences will be placed in the Velia Warehouse.

fWNXg3a.png
Fixed the issue where the spawn time of Field Raid Bosses was not working as intended.
I6n1u5P.png
A New daily achievement for Halloween has been added.
Players will receive a ‘Halloween Cookie’ as a reward.

Halloween Event Quest has been added.
Players of Lvl 20 or higher can activate the quest by talking to the NPC ‘Lara’ (Quest will only be available after the 20th of October 00:00 UTC)
Players will receive ‘Halloween Candy’ or ‘Halloween Gift Box’ as a reward.

Various Halloween Costume Accessories Quest has been added. (Only one of each Halloween Accessory can be obtained per account).
Rewards: Scarecrow Mask, Sweet Cone Hat, Wolf Nose, Devil Horn Headband, and the Jack-O-Lantern Mask.

PGtvzTc.png
The new function changing character order on character selection screen has been improved.
Data will be saved immediately when you change the order. (No need to click ‘save’ button)
Fixed the issue where the UI of Awakening tutorial wraps the system message and narration.

8Zfu5Lc.png
Applied update to address desync issue, additional updates will be made as this is improved.
Fixed the issue where the force enhance of green items on Pri, Duo, and Tri levels were not allowed.
Fixed the issue where the Unreleased Skill (Navigation Skill) appeared on the Ranking menu.
Fixed the issue where the Horse Flute effect was activated for players who do not own one.
 
It's really cheap now too though. Just 9,99 € and it's definitely worth it.
 
He can recommend whatever he wants. The amount of value you get for 9,99 € is massive and definitely it's worth it.
 
I managed to catch really weird tier 1 horse... At first I though I'll just sell it but obviously no one was interested in paying ~500K for T1 horse so I guess I'll just train it to lvl 30 and breed. It seems to have lots of stamina and it's much faster than and manoeuvrable that the usual T1 horses.
 
New content coming for BDO.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1030964.html

Black Desert Online Dark Elf & Kamisilvia.
http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/2225-black-desert-online-dark-elf-kamisilvia

BG7O2y4.jpg
 
Wow this game really picked up since I stopped playing it a month or so after it was released. Is Sorceress awakening in game?
 
Wow this game really picked up since I stopped playing it a month or so after it was released. Is Sorceress awakening in game?

Yes. Maehwa / Musa and wizard / Witch are left to be released I think. I'm on a BDO vacation myself.
 
Yes. Maehwa / Musa and wizard / Witch are left to be released I think. I'm on a BDO vacation myself.

Nice!

I downloaded it few days ago and my sorceress is lvl 50. I might pick it up and play some this weekend. I loved the awakening look on her on Korean servers.
 
im downloading the game now. Dont know if im going to regret it. how is the game in its current state?
 
im downloading the game now. Dont know if im going to regret it. how is the game in its current state?
I still like it and play it. It's in pretty good shape especially when all awekenings are out.
 
I really bought this game to get into the PVP aspect of it. i dont think i got past lvl 32 on my warrior and im lvl 15 on my ninja like person
 
I really bought this game to get into the PVP aspect of it. i dont think i got past lvl 32 on my warrior and im lvl 15 on my ninja like person

just be aware that if your primary interest is PvP, you will need to mob grind a ton of hours to become PvP viable

PvP viable = upgraded gear, high character level, large # of skill points
 
meh. I logged in for like 20 min, felt overwhelmed and logged out :|
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruoh
like this
meh. I logged in for like 20 min, felt overwhelmed and logged out :|

You can also do passive things like level up and discover stuff in the game while questing. Getting knowledge on mobs gives points that you can use to create a worker army gathering resources for you. Create items or just sell the resources on the auction house.

Also you can sell a few items like Black stones when you first start the game to get the big boat for 2.3 million or so. Then stick your character out in the middle of the ocean AFK fishing for hours with the game running in the background. You can make a ton of money from the relics and fish sales. You can even stack the dried fish in the boat storage if you like.

After you get the boat I would keep my black stones. ;)
 
The game is a beast. I would agree that there's almost TOO much to do.
 
True, do not play this game if you are OCD/ a completionist. My ADD acts up so much playing this game. Its like Step 1) go to storage. Step 2) get...ooooh shiny... Step????

But really, play it how you want is my favorite suggestion to people. There is no goal, do as you want, it's a world not a themepark.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/30/desert-nomad-avoiding-overload-in-black-desert/

Yeah.. that was my biggest issue. I completely burned out after a week of trying to do it all. I'll admit it's more my issue than the games, but man o man. Just don't go there if you have that OCD streak.
 
I pretty much stopped following this MMO in the last few months. Last time I was reading about it, there were some issues with a number of players taking advantage of the lack of server authoritative architecture to use all kind of speed and cooldown cheats. Hopefully that got fixed now. Also if anyone has watched a good / recent large-scale PvP battle video (let's say 100+ players) on Youtube I'd be interested to know about it!
 
I pretty much stopped following this MMO in the last few months. Last time I was reading about it, there were some issues with a number of players taking advantage of the lack of server authoritative architecture to use all kind of speed and cooldown cheats. Hopefully that got fixed now. Also if anyone has watched a good / recent large-scale PvP battle video (let's say 100+ players) on Youtube I'd be interested to know about it!

They banned the PVP cheaters. They even banned the life skill cheaters. With every game that has PVP there is going to be a person who cheats. The fact that they actually banned them is refreshing.

I tried some of the siege warfare and my gear was too low level to survive. Here is something similar to what I did, but when I ran in I was instagibbed due to crap gear. :) Just youtube some siege warfare in BDO.

 
I still have not made my kunoichi lol

I haven't played in a month or more. I suck at RNG enchanting. To grind very slowly and tediously wearing craptastic gear, save up 40 million by fishing, and blow it without seeing gains just killed the joy of the game for me.
 
I haven't played in a month or more. I suck at RNG enchanting. To grind very slowly and tediously wearing craptastic gear, save up 40 million by fishing, and blow it without seeing gains just killed the joy of the game for me.
That's why I buy my shit and honestly. It's possible to get 10-20 million with fishing per day quite easily. Then all the daily freebies and you can get TRI liverto or TRI awakening weapon pretty quickly. I don't need the best gear so I'll settle with TRI non-boss gear for now.

Also managed to snipe awakening outfit for my kunoichi... Looks pretty stupid but kinda cute. Got lucky with my horse: Tier 6, currently lvl ten and it has sprint and two seater.

---
My kunoichi and the reason I love triple float rod.
blackdesert642016-12-p6s1a.jpg


blackdesert642016-12-btsqi.jpg


blackdesert642016-12-mtso7.png

(and yesterday someone in Reddit asked if 100K was good from one fishing trip :rolleyes:).
 
Last edited:
That's why I buy my shit and honestly. It's possible to get 10-20 million with fishing per day quite easily. Then all the daily freebies and you can get TRI liverto or TRI awakening weapon pretty quickly. I don't need the best gear so I'll settle with TRI non-boss gear for now.

Also managed to snipe awakening outfit for my kunoichi... Looks pretty stupid but kinda cute. Got lucky with my horse

I heard that they increased fishing gains (money). I needed a break from the game anyways. ;)
 
Black Desert Dark Knight Character Customization & Emotes Preview.
http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/...knight-character-customization-emotes-preview


I really wish I had been able to get into this game. It's got more styles for eyes than FFXIV has classes...

May try it again one of these days. Loved what I saw of it, but it just didn't click with me (odd for an MMO).

Plus it would give these Titans something to actually work a little at. :p

Noticed they still don't have a normal 14 day trial, just the 7 day guest keys? Not sure even I could spend enough time in a week with work to really get a feel for it again.

Still tempted though.... :)
 
Last edited:
I really wish I had been able to get into this game. It's got more styles for eyes than FFXIV has classes...

May try it again one of these days. Loved what I saw of it, but it just didn't click with me (odd for an MMO).

Plus it would give these Titans something to actually work a little at. :p

Noticed they still don't have a normal 14 day trial, just the 7 day guest keys? Not sure even I could spend enough time in a week with work to really get a feel for it again.

Still tempted though.... :)

Game goes on sale for like $5 at times. ;) Check their Twitter or the webstore. For $5 if you don't like it you aren't out of nothing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Damar
like this
Ha ha 3 negatives in one sentence. My sister is getting her PhD in English and would choke me. Going to leave for badassery. Dare her to say something about it. Yea!
 
Back
Top