• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

More northbridge cooler info:

I finally ordered from eagepc.com which sneakily I think *is* AOC distributors because the credit card charge shows the same phone number, lol. AOC was not willing to sell me less than quantity 10 directly.

Evercool VC-RF (aka EC-VC-RF) successor to the VC-RE:
http://eagepc.com/store.cfm?search=vc-rf&d=0&c=0&p=13953&do=detail

Their shipping tracking is non-existant and their rep is not too high, but for under $20 I am not too worried. I do wonder when and if I will see it though. They do have an ebay account under the same nickname.

Super closeup detail shots for those that missed my previous post:
http://www.pc4all.co.kr/good_info.asp?id=24941&category=152
review (near the bottom)
http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t13177.html
Shows it should keep a chip roughly 10c cooler at load, even overclocked.
 
Liquid N2 isn't really that exciting. Yeah you'll get some serious frostbite if you shove your hand in it, but it's not toxic or deadly. If you shove your finger into a cup of it and draw it out really fast, you won't even feel it. It's sorta neat.. the N2 boils around your finger and does a pretty good job insulating. Yes, I've done this.. worked with a lot of liquid N2 in college.
 
The T6100 Skt 754 does recognize sempron 64s automatically without a BIOS update right? oh and has anyone tried to overclock with a Geforce 6100 or an AsRock Geforce 6100 just asking cause its cheaper especially the AsRock it has all the same specs as the Tforce just not as overclockable as i heard
 
KenshinNX60 said:
The T6100 Skt 754 does recognize sempron 64s automatically without a BIOS update right? oh and has anyone tried to overclock with a Geforce 6100 or an AsRock Geforce 6100 just asking cause its cheaper especially the AsRock it has all the same specs as the Tforce just not as overclockable as i heard

Geforce 6100's oc like crap and only get upto 300fsb. AsRock isn't very good at all. The best matx there is in ocing is the Tforce6100. Its king of the mATX's in ocing.

I'm really thinking about getting that evercool chipset fan.
 
Serge84 said:
Geforce 6100's oc like crap and only get upto 300fsb. AsRock isn't very good at all. The best matx there is in ocing is the Tforce6100. Its king of the mATX's in ocing.

I'm really thinking about getting that evercool chipset fan.

I also happen to have a Geforce 6100-M7 and I ran a clawhammer 754 @ 2700mhz on that board. It oc's just as well as the tforce 6100. Just has fewer voltage steppings on the ram and I think they took out the cpu multiplier control in the bios (lame). Can't be beat for $55. Wait, you are complaining about a 300mhz fsb limit? Why on earth are you trying to go faster than 300 on a 754?
 
I might be getting a Geforce 6100 M7 if newegg never restocks the Tforce.. Ive also seen The TForce U anybody heard of it? well i was looking at the specs and its a 939 board but has a sempron listed as a compatible processor so this got me thinking of two things.....

A) A New sempron will be arriving soon on the Socket 939.
B) This is a typo or error.
C) this board is double compatible and not listed so.

Does anybody have this board or know the facts plz tell me
 
KenshinNX60 said:
I might be getting a Geforce 6100 M7 if newegg never restocks the Tforce.. Ive also seen The TForce U anybody heard of it?

It's a nforce4 based mobo. There are probably better choices for the money.
And when it lists sempron, that must be the rare 939 oem sempron they are referering too, I don't think its a 754 board.
 
why cant i find anything about s939 semprons on the net???
i am using one for 3 months now, only diference to an venice is the cache (core is called venice128 in everest.
 
cool ;), btw i paid around 380$ for my sys with ga-k8n51gmf-9 mainboard, 2x256ddr, 160gb samsung 7200, dvdr dl, and the sempron 3000+, nice case (fujitsusiemens) , mouse&keyb. now running at 278x9 2500mhz, htt1111, ram 228c2 t1. it is so unfair that the matx board have such lame bioses. the mobo can go 330httx4 with low multis so far with the sempron and 2.5v ram
 
The Tforce4 SLI is the best biostar you can get. Its at newegg. Get that with a socket 939 sempron and that would be pritty sweet.
 
Off topic:

Well i just wanna know where you got such a rare chip even tho its not much big of a difference its just the braggin rights man :) when someone ask you did you studdar that u have a skt 939 sempron you can say not at all See....lol and they will be like WOW where the hell did u get that ....none of your business..lol
 
KenshinNX60 said:
I might be getting a Geforce 6100 M7 if newegg never restocks the Tforce.. Ive also seen The TForce U anybody heard of it? well i was looking at the specs and its a 939 board but has a sempron listed as a compatible processor so this got me thinking of two things.....

A) A New sempron will be arriving soon on the Socket 939.
B) This is a typo or error.
C) this board is double compatible and not listed so.

Does anybody have this board or know the facts plz tell me

You know new egg isn't the only place you can get the tforce6100... http://store.yahoo.com/directron/tforce6100.html I got mine here.

Edit:Never mind. damn why is the 754 ver going so hot.

But I really think you should wait to get it in stock. Your going to blow your money on junk. The Geforce6100 and the Tforce6100 are completely diff. One is bugit, one is top of the line. They may look the same. But the Tforce has more expecnive and better parts on it. Worth more for your money.
 
yea thats the site that had me pissin in my pants :) cause they said it was discontinued so i figured it was and why newegg doesnt have it but that was completely wrong its jus not in stock and its too new of a board to be discontinued so soon.... Zipzoomandfly has it might be gettin from there
 
damn i just red that xbit article , so its not much faster than a 754 sempron :(.
i bought in that fujistusiemens pc (new) for 380$. if you check the oem prices for all the components its about 40-50$ for the sempron. but if you look at the benches its not worth it compared to a opteron 144 or 165 what do you think?
 
Its about the same in performance its worth it if you have a budget but want the newest parts (skt939), dual channeling memory and upgradabilty to newer processors so its all up to the person id say its worth it for a budgeter like me
 
if you compare it to a opteron 144 which is around 120$ the greatest budgeter cant go wrong
 
754's and 939's only have a 5% to 10% diff in performance. Besides we can oc our HTT links to 1000HTT like the 939's or 1200HTT and so on like thay do. Won't see a diff unless you got a highend gpu or a dedicated one or one that is relying on the HTT link. HTT does matter sometimes. Dual channeling is also only good for 3 to 5% performance diff. Very well matched with only a very small diff in performance.

We can OC to 3ghz or 3.5ghz like everybody else alot cheaper with 754's. They are making new reversion chips. 754's still haven't died yet. Discontinued my ass.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104257

Thats like a damn FX55 for a 754... 754's will be around as long as 939's are. So thats just a load of bull. And turion 64's are sipose to be dual core next year. May get dual core on 939's afterall. MT42's I beleave is when dual core Turions start. They are for 754's.
 
which would you guys chose? this tforce 6100-939 or foxconn 6100/6150?
 
u mean the foxconn 6150/430? it really depends on what you're doing with it. basically it's if you want the features and stuff that the foxconn has over the biostar, go for the foxconn. as far as which oc's better, the biostar is the winner, but the foxconn can still do 285 fsb prime stable, which, assuming you have a 10x or higher multi, will most likely be more than enough.
 
i was talking about the foxconn 6100 version but its the same with less sata ports. do you think the biostar can reach 300htt? its for my venice in my sig. if it can then im sold. but i've heard the foxconn can reach 300htt also with a bios update.
 
actually the htt goes up to 1300 (max i have tested) but only with 4x multi with 5x wont post at 200core. if the 939 sempron is the same like a venice and you look at the game benchmarks so its the cache which brakes? so an opteron for its price is the best way or an dcopteron. if someone knows about a vdimm mod for the ga-k8n51gmf-9 please tell me
 
aiya said:
i was talking about the foxconn 6100 version but its the same with less sata ports. do you think the biostar can reach 300htt? its for my venice in my sig. if it can then im sold. but i've heard the foxconn can reach 300htt also with a bios update.
yeah, the biostar can hit 300.
 
thanks, i just wanted to make sure it does hit 300fsb stable. will try to run at 9x300 = 2700mhz. looks like i'll be getting one soon.
 
It can get to 300, but not very stable. One guy said Prime spazzed out after about 15 minutes.
 
*Sigh*

1. Up the voltage.
2. Get better NB/SB heatsinks.
3. Use the Windoze utility.

Anything I'm missing guys? Maybe disabling the NB entirely, dropping the multiplier, messing with the dividers?
 
well, lots of ppl have gotten 300 in this thread, but i guess theres still some luck involved cuz there seems to b a bunch who can't get that high either. i think the foxconn is pretty consistent at being able to do 275 stable though, possibly 285 w/ the newer bios.
 
I've tried to get over 255fsb and can't do it to save my ass. I wish Biostar would release a new/updated BIOS that would address this problem as well as the wrong voltage readings.
 
By the way, dumb question, but those that are trying to hit 300mhz fsb, you are taking manual control of the ram settings right? Don't trust Biostar's auto control. I can only get 282mhz fsb max on my X2 at any multiplier, no matter what I do.

I wonder if Biostar could add half FID's? Does any mobo maker offer that in their bios?

I found a neat trick on my x2 3800 by setting 9x multiplier in bios, booting, and then changing to 9.5x multiplier using RMClock. The only catch is it drops the ram ratio a little bit and you have to be using the voltage regulator of course.

Are there any other utilities that will let you control the FID other than RMClock and Central Brain Indentifier?

I am glad to have the 10x upper end on the X2 that the opty 165's don't have.
Sometimes I wish I had 11x to play with though.
 
Soymilk said:
well, lots of ppl have gotten 300 in this thread, but i guess theres still some luck involved cuz there seems to b a bunch who can't get that high either. i think the foxconn is pretty consistent at being able to do 275 stable though, possibly 285 w/ the newer bios.

Heh, sorry but theres more involved then just luck of the draw. It also involves skill. Some don't have the skill to reach 300+ As you can see this board is far more then able to go well passed 300. Its eather a CPU limit or memory limit. Or Powersupply issue. Maybe bios, you must have 02. Or active cooling on your chipset. Even a skill issue. If it was the board... would I beable to get to 347. No, but I run my board at this speed stable all the time. I can get upto 380fsb but not for long. Damn die and memory controller in semprons suck ass. >_>
 
Dude, what are you on about? There is no skill involved in overclocking. :rolleyes: Only some limited knowledge, the right gear, time and a bit of luck. Once you troubleshoot all of the potential hangups, a board or chip is only going to go so far on the same cooling.

vibe said:
Are there any other utilities that will let you control the FID other than RMClock and Central Brain Indentifier?
The Biostar utility, obviously. Systool might work.

You should always adjust the RAM timings manually. The timings programmed into the chips are generally wrong or ultra conservative.
 
Whenever I change memory timings from auto, and try to boot, the computer beeps two times and just hangs. I have to reset the CMOS. Anyone encountered this before? I know my RAM can do the timings as they aren't even that tight and I've done them before.
 
Serge84 said:
Heh, sorry but theres more involved then just luck of the draw. It also involves skill. Some don't have the skill to reach 300+ As you can see this board is far more then able to go well passed 300. Its eather a CPU limit or memory limit. Or Powersupply issue. Maybe bios, you must have 02. Or active cooling on your chipset. Even a skill issue. If it was the board... would I beable to get to 347. No, but I run my board at this speed stable all the time. I can get upto 380fsb but not for long. Damn die and memory controller in semprons suck ass. >_>
Post of the year.

That's hilarious.
 
Serge84 said:
Heh, sorry but theres more involved then just luck of the draw. It also involves skill. Some don't have the skill to reach 300+ As you can see this board is far more then able to go well passed 300. Its eather a CPU limit or memory limit. Or Powersupply issue. Maybe bios, you must have 02. Or active cooling on your chipset. Even a skill issue. If it was the board... would I beable to get to 347. No, but I run my board at this speed stable all the time. I can get upto 380fsb but not for long. Damn die and memory controller in semprons suck ass. >_>

Biggest pile of crap i've ever read.

If the hardware wont do it, i doubt OPPainter could get it any higher.

Plus, i do love the fact that you're comparing the 754 board, a known good overclocker (Hell my neice can overclock a 754 board, she used to play with my DFI 250gb) with the 6100-939, a known hit and miss overclocker...
 
man its still sold out imma get an AsRock geforce 6100 this is a load of bull why is thr Tforce skt 754 so popular i thought it was a "obsolete" socket wtf is going on why cant a store stock a decent amount of mobos
 
XDD Okie this is funny. I wasn't aiming that at anybody. I was just saying if somebody doesn't know what they are doing they will burn there cpu up. It takes some skill in knowing what they are doing with comps and common sence to OC... if somebody doesn't know what they are doing I was simply saying they can kiss their hardware good bye. lol But everybody here has no prob like that. But you sure as hell don't become a great OCer overnight thats for sure. >_>

Well I'm going to get a vinny pritty soon, so then I'll see for myself how high a processor like this can get. Maybe the chip is FSB limited. I would think a real athlon 64 could OC better then a sempron and get passed 300. I could be wrong. I seen ppl get 350fsb on a vinny before. It must be a cpu thing cus I do fine at getting upto 350fsb no prob with this board. But if I can get passed 300fsb with a vinny stable then there is something wrong there. :p

754 no good? Dude what do you thinks going to happen when socket M2, S1, and Socket F comes out. Kiss 754 AND 939 not to mension 940's good bye. Everything is being physed out for those newer sockits. The last cpu for 939's are 5000 X2's and the FX-60. After that there is nothing left for 754's and 939's. And there are very little differences in performance besides the greater upgradeability. Not a consurn. I'm not going to spend 400 bucks for a X2 or opteron or 1000 bucks on a FX anytime soon. I would rater wait to go 939 and get a FX-60 at 300 bucks in a year. When every current socket is physed out in afew months everything 939 and 754 is going to be dirt cheap. :D

Every socket is "obsolete" to get one thing strate. Not just the 754's will be over with, 939 and 940's are history for the new sockets, thats just how it will be.
 
Back
Top