• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Serge, i'm never gonna say 754 is an obsolete socket man....

345-ed.jpg


When my old Clawhammer would do that day in, day out, why would i complain about that bandwidth?

754 is a great socket, its just at the time of my upgrade, 939 was cheap enough for me to buy it and get a good deal on going dual channel. I also wanted a shuttle and the 754 shuttles are doggy poo.
 
P-Dub said:
Serge, i'm never gonna say 754 is an obsolete socket man....

345-ed.jpg


When my old Clawhammer would do that day in, day out, why would i complain about that bandwidth?

754 is a great socket, its just at the time of my upgrade, 939 was cheap enough for me to buy it and get a good deal on going dual channel. I also wanted a shuttle and the 754 shuttles are doggy poo.

See I love my Tforce 754. But see whats what I'm talking about. That is a nice FSB, 754's will do just as much as a socket 939 if they continued to make cpu's for it but it never was. Its obsolete to AMD but not me. I would love to go 939 if it still wasn't so expencive to get a decent dual core out of it. I'm not going to worry about M2's and all that. There is always going to be a new socket and more power. So I'm not complaining. All I need is a vinny in my 754 OCed to 3ghz and I would be all good for along time.
 
I was wondering, is biostar's "t-utility hardware monitor" fairly precice? Just want to know if its way off on temperatures or not. Also is there any other CPU temperature monitoring program better then this one? Oh ya, im also very happy with this board up to now, currently at 265 x 9 with no vcore boost :D
 
Well i've tried again with different combos of upped PCI-E frequencies, NB-SB speeds etc and still stuck at 265.

I really don't like this board anymore :mad:

CPUs good for 2.8GHz and for at least 300FSB (ran 10*280 in my SN25P). Com'on DFI!
 
emptyshell said:
I was wondering, is biostar's "t-utility hardware monitor" fairly precice? Just want to know if its way off on temperatures or not. Also is there any other CPU temperature monitoring program better then this one? Oh ya, im also very happy with this board up to now, currently at 265 x 9 with no vcore boost :D
It's normally a few degrees off, but its consitant in how far off it is.
 
hey there,

I just built up my system with a opteron 144 (running on a dfi @ 291*9), 2x512 Twinmos Twister (PC 400) an a tforce 6100-939 (board version 1.1) an mr-bustas bios (CU51MB02).

but the board didnt want to work stable above 235 MHz. Isnt that i little bit to less? And isnt there an option to increase the chip's voltage?

config:
cpu freq: 235
hammer fid: 7
ht freq: 4
pcie: 100
memclock: 133
 
When I had problems with my overclocking, it turned out that my RAM wasn't in matching slots. This allowed me to go from being stuck around 230 up to 280+. Otherwise, try setting HT to 3x. Also, set the PCI-E to 101.
 
allright, thx.

i'll try to clock again with my neighbour's tagan power supply (now soltek qbic nt 250W)

edit: how can I delete this "

warning! now system is in safe mode. please re-setting CPU Freq in the CMOS setup"?

which event forces this message?
 
That's the BIOS telling you it couldn't post. You should turn your overclock down a little if you get that message, or give the CPU more voltage. Be careful.
 
I just bought this board.

With BIOS MA21, I managed to hit a max of 270MHz FSB. Anything higher won't POST at all. I am using 4x multiplier. With BIOS MB02, I need to set HT multiplier to 2x to get to 270MHz, else no POST. 3x will get me to 260MHz.

I seriously suggest biostar do something abt the overclocking. This is supposed to be an overclocker's edition board and thats all it could go? Btw, this is my first biostar board and now I feel I ought to stick with better brands. :(
 
hey,

it seems, that the ram wasnt the guilty part.

I changed my 2x512 MB Twinmos Twister (Which have Hynix D43 or Hynix D5 Chips) to one 1GB OCZ EL 3200 RAM for testing.

now I can post with 290 MHz HTT, at 295 the Bios hands out the "warning..." message

Before I changed the ram, the board had some big trouble with the different slots. I didnt boot with RAM @ Slot 1/3, or one module @ 1 oder one @ slot 3.

now i am running the single OCZ module @ slot 1 and it works :)

prime testing has just started :D

edit: I think the OCZ has some Infineon BE-5 RAMs on it:

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=177162

edit2: YEAAAHHH, nice board. Finally ;)

edit3: seems to be stable, going to check out my san diego :D

 
Serge84 said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5393904704265757054

This is what happens when you put your CPU on crack... Literally? Don't let this be your cpu! =P Help CPU's everywhere. lol This is pritty funny tho. See what happens to these cpu's, DAMN!!! o_O Duron and pentium 4.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7263668346151253701
My friend made me watch the top one, and I think the bottom one is by the same guy. I know the top one is a fake: you can't pull a properly-mounted HSF off that easily, and the CPU would have melted instead of exploding. He put some kind of explosive beneath the mobo. That's why there's a hole through the mobo and whatever it was sitting on (plywood, I think).

EDIT: Btw, that was hella' off-topic.
 
M4rk said:
My friend made me watch the top one, and I think the bottom one is by the same guy. I know the top one is a fake: you can't pull a properly-mounted HSF off that easily, and the CPU would have melted instead of exploding. He put some kind of explosive beneath the mobo. That's why there's a hole through the mobo and whatever it was sitting on (plywood, I think).

EDIT: Btw, that was hella' off-topic.

yeah, after looking at it for awile you can tell its fake. But its a good joke to say to somebody. Hay this is what will happen to your cpu if ya oc it too much. XDD
 
jay1227 said:
300HTT on Biostar TForce 6100-939... really shitty mem divider but high HTT was what i was going for....

This IS prime stable.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=62354

If ya want to get passed 300 with this board listen to me after I say this...

These 300fsb OC's are great. About the right limit of the cpu. Why can some ppl only get to 250/280fsb and others can get upto 300fsb+ Is what puzzles me when its the same processor and board. o_O I guess it does take some kind of luck, skill, or its a memory prob. Some ppl just don't like messing with all the memory timmings because they don't know what they do is what I think some of the prob is. There is like what 15 or so memory timmings in the new bios. Would make alot of sense and alot more stable to have the abillity to set those settings. I use them all to get this far. Its eather the chipset over heating with no active cooling or the memory timmings ppl are messing up on maybe a big factor, with experionce I use to have a prob. When I figured out what all the memory settings did... (Not the wossy bioses that had 4 or 5 memory settings. I'm talking about the manly bios with all the good DFI like settings for the memory timmings.)

Ok here is what I'm thinking even tho nobody cares to listen to Obi-wan...
Made a big diff for me to beable to change those settings. Dang it ppl if ya want to get passed 300fsb listen to me. >_> I know this board can do more then 300fsb and those cpus, try what I did. Maybe your memory won't let you post higher because your memory timmings are too fast. Worry about them later. Put them to the slowest timmings you can. don't mess with nano sec's. Just all the T ones. Don't make them so fast yet. And 3-3-5-7-T1 isn't what I'm talking about I mean. 3-7-7-7-T2 crazy yes as a example and I mean the other settings too like all 12 of how ever many numbered settings there are put them as slow as they will go. Don't mess with nano secs. I use it because I tested it before. If your memory can't go faster useing this, its not memory thats good enough. It pritty much can make the timming speed of your memory many times faster. In how many calculations per ns it can do at a time. Don't mess with it because most memory doesn't like it. Gskill DDR600 running at ddr 400 with the fastest timmings are prob going to work best with this funtion best since its the fastest ddr you can get. See how freaken stable your OCing is after that then when you put the slowest timmings on your comp. Changeing ns will make a OS very unstable if its set out of default so don't mess with that.

Are ppl just reaching 300fsb and being limited by heat and just quitting or something? I am so puzzled how I can get upto 350fsb on this board with a shitty processor thats not even a real athlon 64 a real processor??? Semprons suck! So why can I and nobody else, doutful its because I have a sempron, its based on a damn vinny core. Its eather the cpu's or memory because it sure as hell isn't this board because why would I be so lucky to get this many fsb out of it and nobody else. I'm really starting to wonder... :rolleyes: Cus this board does not suck by a long shot. I can tell ya that much. If some ppl can't reach 300fsb it an't no boards fault here. Because most can. Some 320fsb even 330fsb with the same processor you guys have thats a fav here is a vinny. I'm about to get a vinny not too long from now. I sware if I can get to 300fsb or higher then it deff isn't the boards fault some of you all can't get that high. I'm just being truthful, thats just how I am and its not to be mean. If ya can't OC then ya can't oc. Not everybody is as good as others its as simple as that and there is nothing wrong with that, you just learn to get better, ya don't become a great ocer over night. Its silly to get jellus. Its stupid to cut down this mobo because this mobo is tight. And I got to defend what I love. So don't fritt if you can't get mad FSB like this who do close to 300fsb and up. It an't the boards fault because the proof is all around ya in this fourm. I hate when ppl hate on the board because they can't use it probrly. lol Look at what other ppl are getting and learn to use the board better. Ask ppl what they are doing. Maybe its a hardware prob or maybe its simply a wrong setting you didn't happen to mess with because you don't know what it does and somebody has to get to 300+ you didn't figure would be that important. ;O Ya got to have the 02 bios to get this far I'm telling you. It may seem like the other bioses OC better but they don't. Maybe some ppl are confused by all the memory settings or overwelmed and think they can get a better OC with the older bioes. I tryed the older ones. They don't work as good. I max out at 320fsb with the older bioses. Its deff a memory setting prob ppl are haveing now that I think about it. So maybe this prob can be solved if ppl would figure out what the memory settings do for themselfs. Every memory is going to react diff. But hay don't listen to me because I have the highest fsb on this board nobody has ever gotten but me. I must be the only one doing something right here. Ever think about that. ;O Remeber my sempron is nothing but a modified low powered athlon 64 with a vinny core with some of the cpu riped out of it so AMD could reduce the cost of it. Come on you should beable to get the same fsb out of those athlon 64's like I can out of my shitty ver of a cpu that use to be a real athlon 64. But thats where semprons come from as we all know. Just was puzzles me is we have the same freaken cores... O_O soo we should get more to the same FSB right???

Ok I know I like to talk so I'll shut up now. >_>;;; I'm done with my helpful ranting.
 
Serge you talk some crap...

This is what my memory is capable of 1:1 in a DFI NF3-250GB

pqi_oskarwu_325_5k.JPG


I know how to overclock my rigs thank you as does P-Dub. We've both played with WCing and Phase change and both have got some damn good clocks.

So before you make the assumption that becuase not everyone can hit your clocks it must be their doing it wrong think perhaps it may be because its a crap board thats holding us back....

I have had a problem hitting 300FSB in an SN25P with the same memory and cpu so why should I in this board unless its a dud?

You are also talking about 2 different sockets and architectures...you can't really compare them.

I think the fact that alot of people are stopping at similar frequencies when OCing indicates a board problem and not that we can't do it and that we're all jealous of you because you can get a high FSB on a different board with a different cored CPU.... Grow up please
 
Firelord said:
Serge you talk some crap...

This is what my memory is capable of 1:1 in a DFI NF3-250GB

pqi_oskarwu_325_5k.JPG


I know how to overclock my rigs thank you as does P-Dub. We've both played with WCing and Phase change and both have got some damn good clocks.

So before you make the assumption that becuase not everyone can hit your clocks it must be their doing it wrong think perhaps it may be because its a crap board thats holding us back....

I have had a problem hitting 300FSB in an SN25P with the same memory and cpu so why should I in this board unless its a dud?

You are also talking about 2 different sockets and architectures...you can't really compare them.

I think the fact that alot of people are stopping at similar frequencies when OCing indicates a board problem and not that we can't do it and that we're all jealous of you because you can get a high FSB on a different board with a different cored CPU.... Grow up please


I guess I do don't I. XD Nice memory bandwidth btw. My memory can't do that good 3200mb/s.

But your wrong about one thing... a sempron 64 2500+ is but only a low powered athlon 64 with a vinny core keep in mind we have vertualy the same processors only mines very limited by the multiplyer and was lower clocked on perpous. This processor was ones a vince just like the ones I can buy now for 754's, but amd riped out some of the cpu and disabled half of the L2. So think twice before you juge my cpu. It was very much a vinny at one time a athlon 64 that it was. But the diff between 754's and 939's are minimal. Only a 5% to 10% performance diff actouly not when OCed keep in mind. ANd we have the same architectures almost identical besides the differences in the htt link and the memory controller as well as the dual channel 128bit links is only the diff between the boards. My memory isn't as good but my all out bandwidth is 36gb/s. My Htt link is overloaded about 75%. I actouly out perform your socket 939 in bandwidth and fsb. Hmph!

Don't get too cocky. Running at 350fsb does make a big impact on performance despite your clock speed. Somebody running 400mhz lower them me with 400fsb would still be faster then my speed because clock speed doesn't matter these days. Even tho you could be at 2700mhz. I can still run data faster then you. My bandwidth is much larger. My htt speed also rules. 1400htt x2. Means im running it at 2800mt/s or 2800mhz data rate. Ohh thats got to hurt. But I'm not running at full speed. >_> Holding back 30fsb because its unstable beyond 350fsb but I did post afew times before with a 3000mhz data rate on this fourm. Ofcorse unbenchable beyond 347fsb. The memory controller has a limit because its not as good as some of the fortionate souls who can get 400fsb stable out of a sempron. Too bad my cpu wasn't up to the challange.

If this is such a crappy mobo then why can it do this...

http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/32-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/64-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/memory_bandwidth.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/benchmark.jpg
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=54758
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/oc_1.jpg

Hmph!
 
serge, you fail to notice that you're using the socket 754 version, while firelord's using the s939. the motherboard itself is different, and im pretty sure that a socket 754 and a 939 mobo don't run on the same bios, dont have all the same architecture stuff in it, etc. sure, maybe the 754 version is a hell of a overclocker etc etc, but that doesnt mean shit for the 939 version.
 
Soymilk said:
serge, you fail to notice that you're using the socket 754 version, while firelord's using the s939. the motherboard itself is different, and im pretty sure that a socket 754 and a 939 mobo don't run on the same bios, dont have all the same architecture stuff in it, etc. sure, maybe the 754 version is a hell of a overclocker etc etc, but that doesnt mean shit for the 939 version.

I didn't fail to notice anything. Due to the on-die memory controller and the short data pipelines, the K8 processors are anything but starved for memory bandwidth. What this means is that the dual channel memory bus of Socket 939 and 940 offers almost meaingless performance gains over the single channel memory bus of Socket 754, with differences often less than 3%. The dual channel memory bus exists for when the dual core processors arrive because there will be two complete K8 Processors on a single die, but only one memory controller so the two processors will have to "share" the memory bandwidth, so if single channel memory is enough for one core, logically, dual channel memory would be ideal for dual cores. The Difference in HyperTransport bus speeds between Socket 939 and 754 is negligible because the HTT bus does little more than connect the processor to chipset and the 800Mhz bus is more than fast enough for that process. Instead, HyperTransport becomes most useful on Socket 940 where it acts as a direct, high-speed link for processor to processor communication in multi-processor systems. Ultimately, the performance difference between Socket 754 and 939 is not there, they are in essence identicle when it comes to performance. On top of that fact, on Socket 754 you can purchase Mobile and DTR processors to run in a desktop computer which offer the user 1MB of L2 cache over the 512K of Socket 939 processors, with the exception of the FX series and 4000+ (4000+ moble we got a 1mb with 2.6ghz like a FX55 there with just a locked multiplyer for the 754 that brings some good power to stand behind with this socket), and very good overclockability. So, in my opinion at least, the only reason to buy Socket 939 is to run SLi (But the 1st SLi 754 was just made so ohh well for 939 not this time. Like I'll ever need SLi.) or dual core systems. And the Tforce 939 vs 754 leads very very little differents. The same caps, resistors, inducors, chips. Even the same bios features. Besides having a vast amount upgradeabillity on the 939. When you compare a OCed chip or any athlon 64. We got it all upto 4000+ so if we had FX chips and dual cores then we wouldn't be no diff. But as long as our chips can OC just as good as yours then there is no performance diff at all. You should look at Xtreme forums and check them out. They can OC athlon 64's on 754's like they where FX55's going upto 3.5ghz or more. Think twice before you question the power of virturaly the same socket. Heh They will go (754, 939, 940's) at the same time socket M2, F, and S1 comes. So it won't matter in the end. We will all be behind in tech as soon as those new sockets come unless your planning to make the jump. :p
 
Good god, a freaking flame war in a OC thread? Please, stick to OC stories. Just state your OC and help out others if they need it. Arguing about the OCability of a board is mindless and pointless, since no two boards are exactly the same.
 
Well I like this mobo, currently doing 280 x 9 stable (no vcore boost) in prime95 for 10 hours with other things running in background. It should hopefully hit 300 if i give it a little boost.
 
Serge,

After those beautiful rants, i feel i have to post this now. Its not willy waving, just backing up my dawg Firelord...

I learned how to overclock properly under the tutoring of a certain Majormav. Go google that name if you arent familiar with it. You dont get to the top 10 of the ORB by being a moron. I know about memory timings, i had them explained by Gray_Mole. Again, go google that one, he's a fairly extreme bencher and a Phase cooling system builder.

Me and Firelord know clocking, and i know for a fact that the board i had was crud. It wouldnt overclock worth a damn, even with the Busta Bios and the timings slackened off way beyond anything i would normally bother to run.

As far as comparison between 754 and 939. 754 has long been reknown for hitting massive FSB's. I've shown you the screenie from my old 754. 345 fsb solid as a rock. Yet the POS board i had wouldnt do 250 stable after a couple of weeks. Thats why i binned it. The architecture of the 754 A64 is different to the 939, otherwise why the hell do they have different pins? The chipset may be the same, but the CPU's influence over the Chipset is different. The fact that yours overclocks well, is cool, and i really am happy for ya man, i love it when things go right for anyone. But your constant bashing of everyone but your own's overclocking abilities is annoying me now. You arent a god, you just have a good board, hell gimme your board and i bet i could get 355 out of it.

The 754 and 939 boards are different, chalk and cheese, so please just stop bashing us cos you got a good board.

Dub
 
sup guys anybody here tried to oc an opteron with the tforce 6100 939 mobo? coz im tryin to oc my opty but it always crash when i try prime 95 even tho i only oc it to 2.0 (stock 1.8) and sometimes theres a note in the post sayin somethin like
"somethin somethin safe mode
restoring all to defaults"

thanks
 
The bulk of us are having problems with the socket 939 board. Not S754 ones. S939 boards are technically more complex than S754 esp. for the memory as its having twice the no. of traces.

From what I have seen, this board is most likely having a serious memory issue. When I change my FSV to 275MHz in the BIOS, the board won't POST. When I recycle the power, it post showing 275MHz and load windows w/o problems. When I press the reset button, it won't POST again.

This reminds me of the OC problems we face a long time ago...
 
Serge84, I now your S754 is doing very well. However, its S754 and not 939. How about getting yourself a S939 CPU and the biostar 939 board and oc the hell out of it. Once you succeed, come and bash the rest of us.

Btw, you have to do the overclocking thru the BIOS and not windows utility.
 
after reading this thread, i am worried that i'll have problems ocing just like the rest of you. what are the chances of me getting a dud mobo that can't oc for sh!t? am i better off getting the foxconn 6150 mobo over this one or just take the chance and hope for the best?
 
I personally would go for the foxconn. Better southbridge, better chances of overclocking, and better onboard graphics.

Its your call, but i'd take the foxconn....

Dubz
 
emptyshell said:
Are you using the original bios?

no im using CU51MA20.BST coz i had good overclocking results when i used it unfortunatly the mobo got messed up and they replaced it with the one im using right now. what bios would you recommend for opterons?
 
I have had the best luck with the MA20 one. It came stock with one board and it would boot at 290fsb so I did not change it.

On another, I tried the original bios on a v1.0 board (not posted), then the B02 and both would not boot past 260fsb. Then I tried the MA20 and am able to boot at 285-290fsb. Should probably try the B02 again to confirm...
 
First post to this thread.

I'm using MB02 bios for my Biostar T-force 6100-939 and Opteron 144. With first attemp to o.c the board stopped to 270fsb. Southbridge heatsink was extremely hot so I put a silent 80x80mm fan on the heatsink and was able to reach 300fsb but it was not stable.

Now I'm using a TITAN TTC-CUV2AB cooler on the Southbridge and best I've reached (not stable) was 333fsb and 3+Ghz for Opteron 144 with mainboard outside the case and boxed cooler. Inside the Antec Aria case my 24/7 clocks are rock solid 300fsb with 4/6 memory dividers.

:)
300fsb32m0cv.jpg


Please cool your Southbridge!!! :)
 
noobracer said:
Serge84, I now your S754 is doing very well. However, its S754 and not 939. How about getting yourself a S939 CPU and the biostar 939 board and oc the hell out of it. Once you succeed, come and bash the rest of us.

Btw, you have to do the overclocking thru the BIOS and not windows utility.

I am OCing through the bios. The OC utility doesn't work on 02 BIOS.

PS: Just got my money. Will buy a vinny athlon 64 3000+ for my 754 socket. I won't worry about dual cores until I go 939 in the future when they are as cheap as 754 stuff is. It would be a waist of money to go 939 when I aready have a socket 754 system and I have no need for dual cores yet, the only reason to go 939 would be for that reason. The performance diff isn't there. I def won't go 939 if I can get my cpu past 3 ghz. That will be more then enough for me. I don't do multi tasking anyways... the point of my system is to pay as cheap as possible stuff but to have fun OCing and gameing on it. 939's still cost to much to be worth it with a decent cpu. I would rather wait when getting a FX-60 for 300 bucks in a year from now is more appealing then buying the best now for 1300. Thats the plan when 939's phase out with 754 and 940. I'll go to it when stuff is as dirt cheap as stuff for 754's. 939 chips run too hot. My vinny will run lower watts then even your alls by half and my sempron by abour 20 watts but do the same or more as I seen so far with ocers who have the same cpu.

We'll just have to see how much better my cpu can do. If I end up doing just as good or happen to get much better performance, so we'll just have to see how much better a 7% performance diff is agenst a 754 cus thats the only diff. You all get abit more bandwidth, alittle faster htt, more pins, more heat, lesser chance to oc big on air, dual channeling remember only 3% diff. I don't think 10% is going to make a diff when I'm OCed to 300fsb at 3ghz or higher. Remember 754's get better fsb as they say. May as well say if I could get to 3.5ghz on air. lol I almost wish... but hay it maybe possible. I'll be generating less heat then my sempron does. I don't use stock cooling btw so my temps are at 35C to 40C full load on full fan speed. With a 1ghz OC on this chip. Looks like I could get to 3ghz or 3.5ghz on air just fine its possible. Damn at 2.4ghz I have only 40C full load.It goes up for about ever 100mhz+ = a 1C of heat is what it rounds off at. At stock it runs 25C to 30C. So looks like on air my new cpu could run so cool I could reach speeds like that at 55C or 60C full load. Max I will OC upto is 60C full load. Will shut off at 65C. SO thats just a estimate. But I'll get the processor sometime by next week.

We will see if I can reach my goal. But don't get confused about what I said, I don't really expect to get 3.5ghz. I would hope to like some do. But 3ghz is my goal. I know my board can post at 350fsb because I run it 24/7 boot it like that and use it as a server all the time. But I will try for a max fsb with the lowest multiplyer, then try a full OC with the 10x multiplyer. My vinny will run at 2ghz stock so 350fsb will be 3.5ghz if I can get it to post that high. Apperently 754's are good at that. Posting high fsb.

Just have to see what happens... :D

I cool my south bridge with active cooling as well as AC5 on the heatsink. Good idea, but hard to find small active coolers for SB's. Good idea for you all to cool your south bridges as well and but a damn active cooler on your north bridge. It really does effect a OC big time like the guy said. If you don't treat your mobo right, it over heats. Limiting your OC. If you don't think so, try some active cooling with AC5 and see if we are right or not. I wouldn't be able to get this high with out active cooling. Those stock heatsinks arn't made for over 250+ fsb OC's. Trust the ppl who have active cooling. YOu could get much higher of a fsb if you cool your mobo better. I also have a 80mm fan blowing on the mobo itself over the memory so... >_> my mobo doesn't make no heat. Cool to the touch my mobo is as well as my north and south bridge. With the normal heatsink I could NOT get passed 250/280+.
 
Single core scores work with any AMD CPU anyways...

Sandra Scores For OCed Athlon 64 3000+ 754 2Ghz 8596 If compared with other
CPU's. If clock speed matched those cpu speeds listed below.

Athlon 64 3200+ 939 2Ghz 8596
FX-51 2.2Ghz 9456
FX-53 2.4Ghz 10315
FX-55 2.6Ghz 11175
FX-57 2.8Ghz 12034

Estimated Scores "if single FX cores existed beyond the FX-57"
FX-59 3Ghz 13198
FX-61 3.2Ghz 14057
FX-63 3.4Ghz 14916
FX-65 (Underclocked 100mhz) 3.5Ghz 15344 {Also score is very close to a athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1.8Ghz dual core by the teens in difference.}

All scores combined with Athlon 64 OC as if they where another cpu model that
doesn't even exist. =P See what model you can make your CPU into with sandra
scores. Just alittle something I just put together. If I OCed my limit goal would be 3.5ghz. My standard 24/7 goal is 3ghz. But I'll think about it if I can run it stable at a sertant speed beyond 3ghz. May keep it if my cpu temps are good. Based off calculations on what I seen my heatsink do it very well can handle it. Depends when I really have the cpu to work with. But from the specs it will run cooler then my sempron so.

Edit:I know some scores are off in the estimated ones. For my cpu and heatsink its thrmal resistance is about for every +100mhz over stock =1C higher. Looks very good to me. And the athlon will prob work alittle better. Again my temps are 30C full load stock. +1000mhz equals 10C higher and its perfectly right. Runs at 40C full load on 2.4ghz.
 
Serge, seriously stop talking rubbish.

You won't get a s754 A64 to 3.5GHz even with LN2. You can't compare s754 to s939 as they are different architechtures. S754 is not just a cut down s939 cpu, they interact with the memory differently and are different in their design.

Stop tryin to make out your gods gift to ocing and that you will hit 3.5Ghz on s754 as its not gonna happen.

Your just making yourself look like an idiot. Everyone here is running s939 TForces apart from you and as someone pointed out they don't oc the same.

No one belittling your achievement but your just making yourself annoying by trying to compare too different architectures (its like trying to compare Athlon T-Birds to Athlon XPs)
 
Pasitapo said:
First post to this thread.

I'm using MB02 bios for my Biostar T-force 6100-939 and Opteron 144. With first attemp to o.c the board stopped to 270fsb. Southbridge heatsink was extremely hot so I put a silent 80x80mm fan on the heatsink and was able to reach 300fsb but it was not stable.

Now I'm using a TITAN TTC-CUV2AB cooler on the Southbridge and best I've reached (not stable) was 333fsb and 3+Ghz for Opteron 144 with mainboard outside the case and boxed cooler. Inside the Antec Aria case my 24/7 clocks are rock solid 300fsb with 4/6 memory dividers.

:)http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/860
Please cool your Southbridge!!! :)[/QUOTE]

idk cant find the mb02 bios. do you know where i can find it?
 
Use the freaking search function. There was a thread on here yesterday about the same thing. I'm sure it hasn't disappeared...yet.
 
Firelord said:
Serge, seriously stop talking rubbish.

You won't get a s754 A64 to 3.5GHz even with LN2. You can't compare s754 to s939 as they are different architechtures. S754 is not just a cut down s939 cpu, they interact with the memory differently and are different in their design.

Stop tryin to make out your gods gift to ocing and that you will hit 3.5Ghz on s754 as its not gonna happen.

Your just making yourself look like an idiot. Everyone here is running s939 TForces apart from you and as someone pointed out they don't oc the same.

No one belittling your achievement but your just making yourself annoying by trying to compare too different architectures (its like trying to compare Athlon T-Birds to Athlon XPs)

XD You didn't read everything. >_> I don't expect to reach 3.5ghz I said 3ghz. 3.5Ghz is a dream. I don't flatter myself like that. But before you question your theary. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=56 Tell the nice ppl here they can't OC a 754 to 3.5ghz. Because thay can close enough so that makes you wrong. :l

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4638/32765gm.gif
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=60973
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=22563
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=18225
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=22619
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=14088

Tell me what now? 754's can't go passed what??? :rolleyes:

Damn mobles do 3.5GHZ >_> May get me one of those instead of a vinny. A Newark athlon 64 4000+ then I would be set for awile. If it wasn't so expencive.
 
Back
Top