• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Yes gettin my board tomarrow ZipZoomFly is the shyt free 2nd day fdex beats the hell out Newegg. Newegg jus has a good selection of products well ill be back to ask some questions about overclocking ...gotta run out and get some artic silver :)
 
Serge,

You don't need to point me to XS, I know it and used to frequent there. The WR is 3.3GHz which correct me if i'm not mistaken is 200MHz from 3.5GHz. The WR was using dry ice iirc and feed insane voltages.

Most of the others are mobiles and known to clock higher mhz for mhz than their desktop bretherin. Do you think that hit those high speeds using air? Not likely with running 1.8v+ through the cpus.

I had a 3400+ Clawhammer CG (2.2GHz 1MB Cache revised memory controller) which on air struggled to 2.45GHz but under my old Mach II GT it did 2.8GHz 1.78v every day and ~2.9GHz sucicide runs at 1.89v. It would post at 3GHz and start to boot windows but BSOD even with 2v going through it.I had a 3000+ Newcastle CG which did 2.4GHz under water and 2.6GHz under phase.

You are running air on a TForce board, do you really think that 3GHz is possible with that combo? I think not i'm afraid. We all know they (s754) hit high FSBs (Dubz and myself have agreed with that and shown that from out own experience) but its rare to get 3GHz+ CPUs. There's 7 CPUs you've got there out of how many sold? On the other hand we are only just seeing 3GHz on air from Opteron 144/146s using heatpipe coolers and FX57s getting good figures on air.

I mean for a customer dang I overclocked his A64 2800+ from 1.8GHz to 2.2GHz in a Biostar iDEQ 210P with no voltage adjustments. It's not hard to do.

But 3GHz on air from s754 with either a mobile/desktop chip I highly highly highly can't see it happening....

The high figures have been hit using Dry Ice, LN2 and Phase change (either custom single stage units or cascades and the odd Mach II).
 
Firelord said:
Serge,

You don't need to point me to XS, I know it and used to frequent there. The WR is 3.3GHz which correct me if i'm not mistaken is 200MHz from 3.5GHz. The WR was using dry ice iirc and feed insane voltages.

Most of the others are mobiles and known to clock higher mhz for mhz than their desktop bretherin. Do you think that hit those high speeds using air? Not likely with running 1.8v+ through the cpus.

I had a 3400+ Clawhammer CG (2.2GHz 1MB Cache revised memory controller) which on air struggled to 2.45GHz but under my old Mach II GT it did 2.8GHz 1.78v every day and ~2.9GHz sucicide runs at 1.89v. It would post at 3GHz and start to boot windows but BSOD even with 2v going through it.I had a 3000+ Newcastle CG which did 2.4GHz under water and 2.6GHz under phase.

You are running air on a TForce board, do you really think that 3GHz is possible with that combo? I think not i'm afraid. We all know they (s754) hit high FSBs (Dubz and myself have agreed with that and shown that from out own experience) but its rare to get 3GHz+ CPUs. There's 7 CPUs you've got there out of how many sold? On the other hand we are only just seeing 3GHz on air from Opteron 144/146s using heatpipe coolers and FX57s getting good figures on air.

I mean for a customer dang I overclocked his A64 2800+ from 1.8GHz to 2.2GHz in a Biostar iDEQ 210P with no voltage adjustments. It's not hard to do.

But 3GHz on air from s754 with either a mobile/desktop chip I highly highly highly can't see it happening....

The high figures have been hit using Dry Ice, LN2 and Phase change (either custom single stage units or cascades and the odd Mach II).

Ok I'm not going to rant anymore. Its cool, so there is only one way to proof this I see. A OC contest. Lets see who benches the highest with the same processor and board combo. Only you should beat me in a sandra score since your board is so bad ass with its socket 939 and its dual channeling and its superior structure. =P As far as I can see the diff between socket 754 and 939 is the pin count. Proof its better by benching a higher score with sandra when I get my veince. Then we can put this sillyness to rest. I'm going to do this on air. Lets have fun with this OC fourm and not take it out on eachother. If I don't try it for myself I won't know. Cus nobody has used a 754 Veince in a Tforce before that I know of anyways.

Edit check this guy out. http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=55087
He clames he did this on air at XF. Ask him yourself. I can't find the posts there anymore. They must have cleaned up the forums. The 3.5ghz one your refuring to I showed ya a valid x86 of form CPUZ. Was on a mobile processor. But I don't know about air. Those are known to run hardly any heat at all.
 
KenshinNX60 said:
Yes gettin my board tomarrow ZipZoomFly is the shyt free 2nd day fdex beats the hell out Newegg. Newegg jus has a good selection of products well ill be back to ask some questions about overclocking ...gotta run out and get some artic silver :)

theyre pretty much the same sometimes newegg has low prices but has a shipping charge while zzf is a little more expensive and has free shipping. thats how it works just like ebay theyre gonna lower the price and has expensive shipping
 
das420 said:
theyre pretty much the same sometimes newegg has low prices but has a shipping charge while zzf is a little more expensive and has free shipping. thats how it works just like ebay theyre gonna lower the price and has expensive shipping

True but sometimes ZZF dose have a lower price even if its only 1-3 dollars less. That point you just go with who has better customer service. ZZF is not as good as the Egg that I have seen.

I just order from both when the price is right.
 
Dreadlox said:
True but sometimes ZZF dose have a lower price even if its only 1-3 dollars less. That point you just go with who has better customer service. ZZF is not as good as the Egg that I have seen.

I just order from both when the price is right.
i just found out that ZZF is located in San jose which is about 10 miles from my house :) .
 
I'm getting my cpu's from ebay. Will buy 2 so I can build my girlfriend a comp close to mine in spec. The possability on ebay is you can get something new for half the price is what makes it so good. And they are new. Find the right ppl with great scores and feedback. Maybe much better then getting it from a retailer like newegg.
 
CPU: AMD64 3000+ 0516 Venice e3
allright guys i need some help. i got the biostar motherboard today and ran some few tests.

the motherboard FSB can go is 305mhz ( safe )
i dont know about CPU because right after i rebooted, i tried to use the Biostar oc utlitty comp but the comp started to hangs up. (has to do something with nvcpl )

anyway so i just overclocked the cpu in bios
CPU freq - 275mhz
CPU mult = 9x
CPU speed = 2470mhz
Mem fre - Auto ( need help here) Cpuz showing it as 137mhz 2.5 - 2 -2- 5
Vcore - 1.55
Vdimm - 2.6
HTT - 3x

i tried setting FSB to 280mhz and got a BSOD right before log on screen comes on. so i am not sure what is happening with the BSODs. (something to do with atapi.sys)

also i have a 2x 1gb OCZ pc - 3200 and the max it can do is probably 215mhz - 220mhz. i am not sure about the timings because i dont know jackshit when it comes to RAM timings (although i know the basics "lower the better" ) .


heres hoping some of you could help me with this.
 
sorry if this is kinda noob...but I thought this board (tforce 6100-939) had a 1000fsb...that is what newegg says...why are people saying they are getting 230-300 fsb...i don't think i understand the whole fsb things...be gently. :confused:
 
emptyshell said:
it has 1000 FSB because it is the CPU's FSB x 5 so 200 x 5 = 1000. I believe this is it.

OK, so if I slap an opty 170 in this board, and the 170 has a fsb of ??? I'm lost...I haven't gotten the parts for the system yet, I'm kind of confused on this whole thing
 
jfharper said:
OK, so if I slap an opty 170 in this board, and the 170 has a fsb of ??? I'm lost...I haven't gotten the parts for the system yet, I'm kind of confused on this whole thing

the board doesnt have 1000FSB. you can set from 200 - 400 . the opterons cpu speed is calculated by FSB * CPU multi = CPU speed. so you increase your FSB to riase the cpu speed.
 
off topic*
I have no idea where to put this but its either a motherboard or video problem

well i just purchased a new Biostar tforce socket 754 motherboard and i have 512mb pc2700 PNY memory and a Sempron 64 2800+

The problem:
When i turn on the computer everything is connected the computer powers on and shows all motherboard lights and the two leds on the board are lit which means normal in the manual, but the screen is blank nothing shows the led for the monitor just blinks a green light. When i disconnect the monitor it shows the no signal box so i know the monitor works. This mite be a video problem but i have no pci card to test with.

Side note:
Once i turn the computer on it wont let me shut it off with the power switch on the motherboard nor the one on my case even if i hold it. The only way i can turn it off is by turning of the surge protector/ extentioncord or unplugging the power supply.

I need much help any advice welcome.
 
KenshinNX60 said:
off topic*
I have no idea where to put this but its either a motherboard or video problem

well i just purchased a new Biostar tforce socket 754 motherboard and i have 512mb pc2700 PNY memory and a Sempron 64 2800+

The problem:
When i turn on the computer everything is connected the computer powers on and shows all motherboard lights and the two leds on the board are lit which means normal in the manual, but the screen is blank nothing shows the led for the monitor just blinks a green light. When i disconnect the monitor it shows the no signal box so i know the monitor works. This mite be a video problem but i have no pci card to test with.

Side note:
Once i turn the computer on it wont let me shut it off with the power switch on the motherboard nor the one on my case even if i hold it. The only way i can turn it off is by turning of the surge protector/ extentioncord or unplugging the power supply.

I need much help any advice welcome.

Something is connected wrong. Do you have a powersupply with a 12v 4 pin power connector and with a 24 pin power connector? Do you have every connector in right. Try taking out the led connections reset the cmos and turn it on using the power switch on the mobo. Something is connected wrong or not connected at all. My guess is the 4 pin power connector for the cpu powersupply. Did you get a powersupply that has a connector like that?

Maybe a monitor prob. Because the board lights show the board is good. Try tightening up the monitor connections. Or try taking it out and putting it back in afew times. I never had a prob like that before. Tripple check thos led connections by the cmos jumper. You may have something in wrong. Just pull those and try again to connect them, the connectors that are for the case switch and what not. Try powering up by just using the power switch on the mobo itself if all else fails. If one connector is put in wrong it could mess up everything when everything seems to be put in fine. Maybe as simple as a ide cable put into the wrong connector. Make sure the HDD Ide is in the right place and the ide for the roms are in the right place. Even a simple miss connector could make it not boot right. And give you no video. One is used for roms and another is used for HDD. It can't be reversed, because most comps don't like that. And rom ide connectors are diff from HDD connectors.
 
it turnes out to be a grounding issue with the screws had to unscrew them the screw in each at the right tightness then got the beautiful biostar screen of success and a successful post :) whew
 
KenshinNX60 said:
it turnes out to be a grounding issue with the screws had to unscrew them the screw in each at the right tightness then got the beautiful biostar screen of success and a successful post :) whew

Thats great! :D http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/bios_details.php?id=1 You should go here to upgrade your bios. This bios works best on the 754 ver. Because our systems are almost the same, you'll get the best OC from your bios.

You can do that whenever you get everything going. :D

*************************************************************************
Off topic onto the venice ppl on 754's have been OCing this good so far. From 2.8 to 3ghz. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42349&d=1137325736 expect my OC to be something like this. They perform just as good as the 939 venices equaly so far short by 2fsb. Tho on a tforce it maybe diff.
 
swatX said:
CPU: AMD64 3000+ 0516 Venice e3
allright guys i need some help. i got the biostar motherboard today and ran some few tests.

the motherboard FSB can go is 305mhz ( safe )
i dont know about CPU because right after i rebooted, i tried to use the Biostar oc utlitty comp but the comp started to hangs up. (has to do something with nvcpl )

anyway so i just overclocked the cpu in bios
CPU freq - 275mhz
CPU mult = 9x
CPU speed = 2470mhz
Mem fre - Auto ( need help here) Cpuz showing it as 137mhz 2.5 - 2 -2- 5
Vcore - 1.55
Vdimm - 2.6
HTT - 3x

i tried setting FSB to 280mhz and got a BSOD right before log on screen comes on. so i am not sure what is happening with the BSODs. (something to do with atapi.sys)

also i have a 2x 1gb OCZ pc - 3200 and the max it can do is probably 215mhz - 220mhz. i am not sure about the timings because i dont know jackshit when it comes to RAM timings (although i know the basics "lower the better" ) .


heres hoping some of you could help me with this.

some help please
 
swatX said:
some help please

Whats your bios ver? Upgrade to the 02 bios if you haven't aready.

Memory timmings, lower the faster, higher the more stability you get. The highest stable timming is the highest number, make it that slow and you will get the highest OC possible. Makes the memory harder to generate errors at high clock speeds. Makes it almost impossible... until your cpu reaches its fsb and mhz limit. When this happens it should post then blank out over a sertent fsb. It should post for only afew mins. Make the fsb 5fsb lower and thats the max OC stable most likly. My limit for example is 349fsb. But 350fsb is unstable... the cpu can not go any faster so it zones out rather then not posting. Thats a true way to know a cpus real limit when it does funny things. But still posts.

You want the large amount of memory timmings. You don't need to know what they do. Just make them to the highest number possible in the 02 bios but don't mess with the settings below the T numbers. T is timmings... nano sec, is ns... don't mess with anything below the T's! They range from T1 to T24. Worry about makeing them faster later. Making them this slow will make sure you get the fastest OC possible. PPL don't seem to understand that and just go with 3-3-3-7-T1. Don't do that, just worry about it later. After that save the OC in the bios and try raising your fsb alittle higher. And see what happens. Make the watchdog timmings to 31. Your memory devider is fine now. Worry about making it faster later. Your wanting to find the max cpu clock. Do this and then see what happens then ask if ya need more help and show us where you are and we'll see what we can do from there. :D
 
i belive my max CPU FSB is 270, when i try 275 i get rounding errors in prime95. 280FSB gets me a bsod.
 
here is my tforce 939 with a 144 opty

87176857_c620dd3618_o.jpg


this cpu (cab2e 0540fpmw) does 3060 mhz, 9x340, @ 1.56v vcore on my ultra d. this ram does around 310 @ 2.5/4/8/3 on the ultra d. i get blue screens when i boot at 300 or above, at any ram divider, so i think this is the limit for my board (rev a01). ialso blue screen when i try to boot with ram faster than around 270mhz, 2.5/4/8/3 1t. the monitoring program doesnt show up in my screen shots but cpuid shows my vcore @1.63, my idle temp is 31c, during superpi it got up to 40c for a second, which is pretty good for the vcore and jive hs/f in a qpack.
my config;
144 opty venus 12 w/80x15 fan
tforce 939 b02 bios
2x512mb pqi turbo tccd
7800gt
550watt coolermaster realpower
x qpack
 
vanilla_guerilla said:
here is my tforce 939 with a 144 opty

87176857_c620dd3618_o.jpg


this cpu (cab2e 0540fpmw) does 3060 mhz, 9x340, @ 1.56v vcore on my ultra d. this ram does around 310 @ 2.5/4/8/3 on the ultra d. i get blue screens when i boot at 300 or above, at any ram divider, so i think this is the limit for my board (rev a01). ialso blue screen when i try to boot with ram faster than around 270mhz, 2.5/4/8/3 1t. the monitoring program doesnt show up in my screen shots but cpuid shows my vcore @1.63, my idle temp is 31c, during superpi it got up to 40c for a second, which is pretty good for the vcore and jive hs/f in a qpack.
my config;
144 opty venus 12 w/80x15 fan
tforce 939 b02 bios
2x512mb pqi turbo tccd
7800gt
550watt coolermaster realpower
x qpack

Why do I expect you don't have a north bridge active cooler on your chipset. Thats a freaken optron. Those are famous for going way higher then that. So what are your memory timmings? Nevermind I see, make them slower then you will beable to go higher. Thats way too fast to worry about now. Those memory timmings are limiting you, you shouldn't generate errors even if your at the cpus max. Trust me. It should do something totaly diff... not make errors. So that means its your chipset overheating or its your ram going too fast. Losen them up.

Maybe take the volts higher. Your not even generating enough heat to worry about that yet. lol But yeah each board will OC diff. You should get higher on it by setting it to how it likes. Setting it the same way will do you no good as why you have diff results at the molment. You can every well go as good or higher on this board then that with the right settings.

I'll tell ya something, 1. when you find your memory limit, you generate errors. 2. when you find your cpu limit, you find it when your screen posts wacked out errors, 3. when you hit a board limit, it won't post or is a error in the bios its not stable at. That is the fault of the user. Your just making errors so its the ram. 3. tho is almost commion and shouldn't be taken as a board limit. Infact somebody here has a optron and got way passed 300fsb on his Tforce. It sertently isn't a board limit. Just a miss calculation on your memory timmings. It will help a great deal. And make the devider 100fsb for the memory so you can see your max cpu speed.
 
emptyshell said:
When I grow up I wanna be like surge84, hes my idol... :rolleyes:

:confused: I'm just trying to help, if you don't try my ideas or everybody elses how will you know the limit of your cpu with out trying something new. Nobody uses memory timmings that crazy. But they work. If he doesn't try everything, how will he get the max out of his system? You can prob get more out of that OC as well. 300FSB is more of the cpu's limit of yours.
 
maybe, but at 280 I ran it stable on prime95 for 43 hours straight (woulda kept going but I wanted to play some games :p ) and the highest it got was 30c, So I can just turn the fan on silent and have it a lot quieter and run fine :p , maybe when I feel the need to get some more juice out of her then ill try a bit more.
 
Serge, its a 939 board, not 754, so shut the hell up man, your persistant ramblings and self gratitification are doing my crust in.

You arent an overclocking god, just a lucky guy with proven tech.

Shut up and please, leave this thread for those who dont have a head the size of Lake Michigan.
 
P-Dub said:
Serge, its a 939 board, not 754, so shut the hell up man, your persistant ramblings and self gratitification are doing my crust in.

You arent an overclocking god, just a lucky guy with proven tech.

Shut up and please, leave this thread for those who dont have a head the size of Lake Michigan.

:rolleyes: And you think I'm going to respond to your bullshit? Just make me leave then! Ta you have no power or are in a posision to even say that. Most likly if you keep that shit up, you'll be banned from the forums. ;) If you don't like my aditude then don't respond to me. Tough beans isn't it, its a free country where I'm from. This fourm is free. Stop acting like you rule the forums. And can tell ppl what to do. Thats something I don't do. I just give advice from my experionce noob. So don't think you can come in here and talk crap. You may think I am full of crap. But who cares. I don't care what anybody thinks. Just give it a rest man! Your making a flame war you will never get anyware with. You don't even know me!!! Dude you really need to calm down or control your anger or something... Maybe you need some help for that socialy. *Blank stare*

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4638/32765gm.gif
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=60973
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=22563
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=18225
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=22619
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=14088
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=16889
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=60884
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=55087
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/1619/253x139nx.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=311kk.png
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42254&stc=1&d=1137151669
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42348&d=1137325538

Tell me what now? 754's can't go passed what??? Can't do what??? ISn't better then what??? Read some face once and awile. Your way behind in technology and facts. :D They can do more then you think! Get out of the fantasy... Geeze 754's and 939's are the same, only 939's have more of a processor line. Thats it, only real diff in performance is the one in your head. Only reason to get a 939 is for dual cores and the greater cpu line. And they have proven aready that thats not the case. Despite the limited CPU line 754's can and always have matched the 939 in performance. Single core wise! :rolleyes: Damn why do I waist my time with block heads. *Shakes head*
 
emptyshell said:
maybe, but at 280 I ran it stable on prime95 for 43 hours straight (woulda kept going but I wanted to play some games :p ) and the highest it got was 30c, So I can just turn the fan on silent and have it a lot quieter and run fine :p , maybe when I feel the need to get some more juice out of her then ill try a bit more.


do you know what your motherboard safe FSB limit is? or was it 294?
 
like i posted, it wont go any higher, it blue screens at any ram divider when fsb is over 300mhz. thats the real vcore(1.63) i get when my board is set at 1.75v. it will only go .03-.04v higher and it doesnt help. i have had this board since the first week of october, which is when it was released, this is the third cpu i have used in it. for my particular board, this is all she wrote. the opteron does better on my ultra d, but so does everything else. this is close to a 50% overclock. i will settle for that now, if i go balls to the wall with this, i will break either the board or my cpu. they are only worth like $200 together, but i am running at over fx55 speeds.
 
I'm seeing a bios update out last week for the non-tforce 6100 (CR51M116.BS)
so perhaps we will see new bios for the Tforce this week as well.
 
serge should i update my chipset drivers too. The website posted has newer drivers are they any good? oh sry i took so long had to find a floppy drive sold mine with my old case
 
oh and im runnin on windows 2000 w/sp4 cause Xp was giving me major head aches last night. IS it possible to clock my pc2700 PNY memory to pc3200 speeds cause the day after i purchase my pc2700 best buy has a sale on pc3200 at the same price which really pisses me off and its a sale on kingston RAM Agghhhh!
 
Serge84 said:
:rolleyes: And you think I'm going to respond to your bullshit? Just make me leave then! Ta you have no power or are in a posision to even say that. Most likly if you keep that shit up, you'll be banned from the forums. ;) If you don't like my aditude then don't respond to me. Tough beans isn't it, its a free country where I'm from. This fourm is free. Stop acting like you rule the forums. And can tell ppl what to do. Thats something I don't do. I just give advice from my experionce noob. So don't think you can come in here and talk crap. You may think I am full of crap. But who cares. I don't care what anybody thinks. Just give it a rest man! Your making a flame war you will never get anyware with. You don't even know me!!! Dude you really need to calm down or control your anger or something... Maybe you need some help for that socialy. *Blank stare*

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4638/32765gm.gif
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=60973
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=22563
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=18225
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=22619
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=14088
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=16889
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=60884
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=55087
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/1619/253x139nx.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=311kk.png
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42254&stc=1&d=1137151669
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42348&d=1137325538

Tell me what now? 754's can't go passed what??? Can't do what??? ISn't better then what??? Read some face once and awile. Your way behind in technology and facts. :D They can do more then you think! Get out of the fantasy... Geeze 754's and 939's are the same, only 939's have more of a processor line. Thats it, only real diff in performance is the one in your head. Only reason to get a 939 is for dual cores and the greater cpu line. And they have proven aready that thats not the case. Despite the limited CPU line 754's can and always have matched the 939 in performance. Single core wise! :rolleyes: Damn why do I waist my time with block heads. *Shakes head*

See my new topic. Lets see what you got man. See if I can beat your scores. I'll only use the CPU's at my disposal, lets see if my "waste of time" 939 shizz can get near to yours.
 
Serge84 said:
:rolleyes: And you think I'm going to respond to your bullshit? Just make me leave then! Ta you have no power or are in a posision to even say that. Most likly if you keep that shit up, you'll be banned from the forums. ;) If you don't like my aditude then don't respond to me. Tough beans isn't it, its a free country where I'm from. This fourm is free. Stop acting like you rule the forums. And can tell ppl what to do. Thats something I don't do. I just give advice from my experionce noob. So don't think you can come in here and talk crap. You may think I am full of crap. But who cares. I don't care what anybody thinks. Just give it a rest man! Your making a flame war you will never get anyware with. You don't even know me!!! Dude you really need to calm down or control your anger or something... Maybe you need some help for that socialy. *Blank stare*

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4638/32765gm.gif
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=60973
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=22563
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=18225
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=22619
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=14088
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=12416
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=16889
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=60884
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=55087
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/1619/253x139nx.jpg
http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=311kk.png
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42254&stc=1&d=1137151669
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42348&d=1137325538

Tell me what now? 754's can't go passed what??? Can't do what??? ISn't better then what??? Read some face once and awile. Your way behind in technology and facts. :D They can do more then you think! Get out of the fantasy... Geeze 754's and 939's are the same, only 939's have more of a processor line. Thats it, only real diff in performance is the one in your head. Only reason to get a 939 is for dual cores and the greater cpu line. And they have proven aready that thats not the case. Despite the limited CPU line 754's can and always have matched the 939 in performance. Single core wise! :rolleyes: Damn why do I waist my time with block heads. *Shakes head*


LOL. I'm pretty sure P-Dub was saying that 939's aren't able to overclock as high as 754's. He was never saying that 754's couldn't go that high...
And honestly, get a clue, dude, the 754's and 939's have different architectures, different memory controllers, etc. That's why the 754's can generally clock higher than the 939's. But, as mentioned by P-Dub and many others multiple times, the 939 CPU's destroy the 754's.
And, oh, yes, just for your information, overclocking DOES require luck and not purely skill. Yes, you have to have some knowledge of how to properly overclock A64's, but you still have to have luck with your motherboard, RAM, and CPU. For example, every single A64 3200+ won't overclock the same. Some may go to 2.4GHz, some may go higher or even lower. I think you can get the picture, even with that thick head of yours.


Anyways, now to the serious post for the INTELLIGENT people **coughnotserge84cough**
I'm thinking of getting an Opteron 165 and some mATX board. I've read through this whole freaking thread and I still haven't reached a conclusion. Should I get the Biostar TForce6100-939 for the Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS? I plan to oveclock the crap out of the Opteron 165 (hopefully to 290*9 or something close) in conjunction with 2 sticks of 1GB PC4000 RAM.
I know that the Biostar board is known for its insane overclocking, but it seems to be that the 754 board is in fact the one that overclocks insanely high (due to the CPU's, mainly) and not the 939 board.
The Foxconn board, on the other hand, has a few more features than the Biostar board such as the 7.1ch audio and the Gbit Ethernet adapter. However, this is known to go to a max of 175HTT or something like that.
So I'm in this dilemna and I can't choose which board to get. Can anyone help? Which would be better for the overclocking and stability? I don't really care about the 7.1ch audio or the GBit LAN as I don't have a surround sound system or a GBit Network.
Thanks in advance,
-fobis
 
Fobis, the Foxy will not get you to 290. Its wall is (normally) 275. Too bad, huh? You have to risk getting a a dud Biostar TForce if you want a shot at 290. Good luck to you!
 
With the foxconn, you'll generally hit 280ish, mine was walled at 275, then i dropped the ht multi's to 3 and hit 279.

The biostar is hit and miss, big time hit and miss, its yoru call, you might get a Biostar that'll hit 340, but then again you might get one thats walled at 250 like me...

The foxconn is generally guaranteed to overclock higher, but the biostar will give you the sky if you are willing to take the chance.

I always have and always will prefer the guarantee, rather than the chance.
 
It seems to me, then, that I should go for the Foxconn and hope for some BIOS updates which may let me OC higher. I've had some bad experiences with Biostar, so I guess this is just another excuse to shy away from them. ;)
I'm not going to buy anything for a couple of months, if at all, due to finances and if everything goes right, the AMD M2's and the nVidia G71's will be released making everything else drop in price. :D And this way, there is a chance for a new BIOS for the Foxconn to come along and give me more reason to buy it.
Thanks for the help,
-fobis
 
I'm getting my Opteron 146 in April (long story) and I can't decided whether to get a BioStar TForce 6100-939 now, or to wait until April and see if a NF430 based board with awesome overclocking features is released.

I don't want to purchase a new graphics card because I never play games. Any advice would be appreciated :)
 
if you dont need the mainboard, no point in buying now. something might turn up. dfi maybe. rumored evga sli matx board, etc.
 
Thanks man. :) A DFI would be awesome.

I won't ask for anymore advice in this thread (sorry about that).
 
Ok... so I had my athlon64 3000+ running at 280 x 9 on this board with a vcore of 1.425 and it ran stable in prime95 for 43 hours straight b4 I stopped it. Then the other day I installled Quake4 and found out I dident have SSE enabled (game wouldent play without it on). So I went into the bios, enabled SSE/SSE2. After that it would no longer run at 280 x 9. Hell, I tried even putting it at 225 x 9 and it was having problems :( Would restart when starting to load windows.... :( Im gonna try to get it running back up later, but for now im outa luck :(


Edit: wow im stupid, forgot to set the ram ratio... was trying to run my crap ram as fast as cpu FSB lol. Seems to be working alright now.

Edit: Anyone have a link to that Biostar Monitoring ultility???? Had to reformat and cant seem to find the damn thing :(
 
Back
Top