• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Is anyone running an Opteron on this deck? 144 146 148?

Id like to know results if anyone is.. im thinking of buying an Opty
 
Soymilk said:
um, i think what you're talking about is "venice", not "vince". also, it might be helpful to quote who ur replying to cuz i really have no idea who ur responding to. i vaguely remember something about someone not getting as high fsb as they'd wish, but none of the details. i do remember that other ppl pointed out that it could b the cpu, but the person said they used the exact cpu with same ram i think in a diff mobo and got higher results.

That would be me then. 6100-939 not 754, hell my old clawhammer used to hit 345 no probs on 754, so that clock he has is nothing special...

I just want a decent clock is all, but 240x11 isnt anything to write home about, 250x11 is okay, but i was hoping more for 300x9 or 280x9 for a realisic daily use clock... My board will not post any higher than 250fsb, yet the same CPU and ram in a Neo2 will hit 290x9 all day and with divider, 325x8 is a daily use kind of CPU clock...

Must be this board, thats why i bought the Foxconn, but havent had time to play with it just yet...
 
Well I just got an e-mail from ShopBLT and they said my Opty 146 is supposed to ship tomorrow! Should be interesting to see how the new batch does. It was about $10 more expensive than the lowest bargain, but I got in when the prices were low and the store has been providing me constant updates, which is what I was counting on when I ordered from them. So far, I would highly recommend them!
 
CABYE 0540 XXXX ? What follows the 0540?

Is that the stepping to get, or what? What about the NE, 2E, GE, etc?
 
Well my current rock stable OC is 12 hour prime/rthdrible stable. 270x9= 2430mhz 166 divider = 220mhz on the ram at 6-3-3-2.5

its ok i guess, this chip is good for 2700mhz but the ram isnt :/
 
Dillusion said:
Well my current rock stable OC is 12 hour prime/rthdrible stable. 270x9= 2430mhz 166 divider = 220mhz on the ram at 6-3-3-2.5

its ok i guess, this chip is good for 2700mhz but the ram isnt :/
Why aren't you running the chip at 2700 then?
 
P-Dub said:
That would be me then. 6100-939 not 754, hell my old clawhammer used to hit 345 no probs on 754, so that clock he has is nothing special...

I just want a decent clock is all, but 240x11 isnt anything to write home about, 250x11 is okay, but i was hoping more for 300x9 or 280x9 for a realisic daily use clock... My board will not post any higher than 250fsb, yet the same CPU and ram in a Neo2 will hit 290x9 all day and with divider, 325x8 is a daily use kind of CPU clock...

Must be this board, thats why i bought the Foxconn, but havent had time to play with it just yet...


Anyone ever find a fix for the issue of not posting over 250fsb? I have used the BIOS that Mr.Busta had linked in a previous post, but still no go with getting 1mhz over 250FSB. If I do, it'll take forever to boot and defaults back to 200fsb. I've tried setting my divider to 133 and HTTx3 and still no go. This is with a 3500+ Winnie, so possibly a memory controller issue?

Please lemme know your thoughts!

Thanks,
Smoove
 
smoove yes it sounds like a mem controlle rissue. ihave a venice 3200 and can do 270 fsb.

why your 3500 wont do past 2500 is beyond me.. but it aint the board.

foxconn?! OK. lol.
 
Sorry Mr Pyjama man, but this Foxconn is a lush board, besides, clocking is for fun, the 430 board is much nicer period.
 
Well, 250FSB with a 166 divider, HTTx4 and x10 multi resulting in 2.5ghz isn't bad for the $40.00 I paid for the 3500+ Winnie. I was just hoping a little more push from the memory, but I could always up my multi to 11x and see if it'll boot. Thus far I am quite pleased with my system.

I'll try tinkering with it more once my Zalman 120mm copper heatsink comes in. Will be changing powersupply again in my Aspire Q X-Pack case for the third and final time with an Antec 500 watt modular powersupply. Maybe this will also help in the overclocks since I'll have a more stable (dual) 12volt line.

Much thanks goes out to Mass Overkill, who has been holding my hand in the Broadbandreports overclocking forum. He has helped immensely!
 
pdub.. cool.. glad you are happy. now you can go post in a Foxconn thread.

i have a question about opterons

144 is x9, 146 is x10 and 148 is x11

this bio board only goes to x10 for multi, so if I bought a 146 i'd be fine. however, im thinkin of getting a 148. what would end up happening if i popped that chip in this board and kept to an x10 multi and tried to hit a 300 or higher fsb? do the 148 generally like to be around 270 x11 as opposed to 300 x10 ?
 
smoove.. for what its worth, i use an enermax 350w psu. its a very goodone.

for the hell of it one day I went to circuit shitty and bought a brand new antec 500w PSU just to see if it would make any difference... no difference whatsoever. i think the only reason youd need a big beefy psu is if you are SLI or running some crazy graphix card. i went back to onboard video after realizing i am not a gamer.

as for memory, i recently bought 2x512 patriot XBL and could not be any happier. this ram is fucking fantastic.

currently 250 x10 memory 1:1 and my timings are 2.5-3-3-5 1T. That's killer.

I'm goign to be buying an opteron very soon, probably a 146 with whatever steppign I can get. I'll be loving it if I can get 290 x10 with a 1:1 on my mem....
 
kumquat said:
Why aren't you running the chip at 2700 then?

My board wont do 300HTT to the CPU, i dont know why!

Can you guys help me out on these ?'s from your settings:
1- does turning CnQ to disable help your OC?
2- what does hammer FID control do? Help your OC?
3- can anyone turn off the splash screen? Im on BIOS M20 and the splash screen wont turn off...
 
Well, the stock powersupply that came wth the case is Shat! (No lie here). Found that out as soon as I installed my PCI-e card. Wouldn't stay on without random reboots unless I unplugged a harddrive AND an optical drive. Threw in my old 20pin Thermaltake 480watt and it hasn't had a problem since. The only real reason I got the new powersupply is two-fold.
1.) To have the 24-pin connector
2.) Most importantly, the modular design allows for less cable clutter. I am going for a clean look as opposed to an extremely high overclock.

As for your Patriot ram... hmmm. What do you guys think about the possibility of me returning my ram to Newegg? I paid $255.00 for it, but unfortunately it has loose timings. As I'm becoming more well-versed in the A64 realm, I am considering the option of sending these back for a refund or exchange. I could always say they are not compatible with my system and get the Patriots, (or whatever other ram I can find that has tight timings.) I would really like to stick with 2 gig of PC4000 so I can have that extra headroom if needed.

Thoughts???
 
if you want a 2GB kit with low timings look @ g.skill and the mushkin HP3200.
 
someone needs to send their qpack stock psu to jonnyguru so he can run his load tester thing w/ it, and then give everyone some real numbers proving how horrible the psu is :)
 
Soymilk said:
someone needs to send their qpack stock psu to jonnyguru so he can run his load tester thing w/ it, and then give everyone some real numbers proving how horrible the psu is :)

just hook up 4 HD's to it. then youll find out
 
So when I am in the BIOS screen to manually adjust the memory timings, can someone give me some directions as to which one means what.

For example, if I wanted to ensure my timings were at 3-4-4-8, which numbers would I be looking at in this BIOS screen from top to bottom??? I think I am going to try to adjust these timings a bit, but want the correct numbers going in the correct places.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,
Smoove
 
Just as a final test before the Foxconn gets slammed into my Sugo chassis, i've just tested this mobo with a FX-57 week 16 i borrowed from a friend.

Still no boot over 250, nothing, just black screens then resets itself. Tested it with 8 different memory combinations too, all proven ram from TCCD, TCC5, VX, TCCC and BH-5 to BH-6 and CH-6, nothing will allow me to boot over 250fsb. This CPU was clocked to 325 in his DFI SLi-DR just 5 minutes before it was put into this board, immediatley after removal, it was again clocked at 325 and ran flawlessly.

Thus, i am finally getting rid of this board, a gentleman has agreed to buy it for a HTPC he is building for his kids. I'll be fitting the foxconn on saturday, and Christmas day will be spent hiding from the family and seeing exactley what this new board will do.

Dubz
 
Dillusion said:
Can you guys help me out on these ?'s from your settings:
1- does turning CnQ to disable help your OC?
2- what does hammer FID control do? Help your OC?
3- can anyone turn off the splash screen? Im on BIOS M20 and the splash screen wont turn off...
1. No.
2. That's your CPU multi, bro.
3. You know I don't think I get one. Maybe that is the tearing colors I get on bootup - thought it was the video card. Try summary screen = off.
 
sleepeeg3 said:
1. No.
2. That's your CPU multi, bro.
3. You know I don't think I get one. Maybe that is the tearing colors I get on bootup - thought it was the video card. Try summary screen = off.

summary screen off/on = the same thing.

Yes i have an X1000 series too and my bios screen is all currupted aswell. Its a BIOS issue biostar has to deal it out with ati to get a fix.
 
Smoove910 said:
So when I am in the BIOS screen to manually adjust the memory timings, can someone give me some directions as to which one means what.

For example, if I wanted to ensure my timings were at 3-4-4-8, which numbers would I be looking at in this BIOS screen from top to bottom??? I think I am going to try to adjust these timings a bit, but want the correct numbers going in the correct places.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,
Smoove

first one is the CAS: 2,2.5,3
second one is the high number IE: 8,7,6,5
the last two under that one is the middle ones IE: 2-2, or 3-3, or 4-4
 
P-Dub said:
Just as a final test before the Foxconn gets slammed into my Sugo chassis, i've just tested this mobo with a FX-57 week 16 i borrowed from a friend.

Still no boot over 250, nothing, just black screens then resets itself. Tested it with 8 different memory combinations too, all proven ram from TCCD, TCC5, VX, TCCC and BH-5 to BH-6 and CH-6, nothing will allow me to boot over 250fsb. This CPU was clocked to 325 in his DFI SLi-DR just 5 minutes before it was put into this board, immediatley after removal, it was again clocked at 325 and ran flawlessly.

Thus, i am finally getting rid of this board, a gentleman has agreed to buy it for a HTPC he is building for his kids. I'll be fitting the foxconn on saturday, and Christmas day will be spent hiding from the family and seeing exactley what this new board will do.

Dubz
Which one wouldn't go over 250? The Biostar or the Foxconn? I got confused, heheh.
 
he is saying the bio wont go past 250.

well, maybe that particular board has an issue, i assume you have latest bios. obviously if those chips are hitting high fsb on other boards, then it aint the chips.

id say its probably a somewhat foul board - but dont say this board SUCKS because of one. think of how many fucking $200 DFI boards take a shit or arrive DOA.

let us know how the foxconn works for you.. in the meantime im on the hunt for an opty 146 with good stepping.
 
The biostar wont go over 250

EDIT

Well, when myself and 2 of my mates have the same board with the same issues, its hard, especially when so many people are finding the same issues.

I guess you guys with the 300fsb boards have just got good ones, and we're stuck with the average stuff....

Dubz
 
Well Dub, I'm real interested in how that chip does in the Foxy. Keep us posted, in the other thread of course...

Any word on those DFI boards btw? I sent them an email about two days ago and some rude guy responded with "any new releases will be announced on the main page." I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing!
 
Hey can anyone else confirm this on their Tforce 6100-939...

I decided to go back to stock voltage on my X2 3800 while I am awaiting delivery of a better power supply.

So now that the voltage regulator is turned off in the bios (ie. startup setting) I was thinking, oh, c'n'q or RMclock should be able to control the VID (it wasn't before and I assumed it was because the voltage regulator was on).

I still can't change VID. Only FID. Very strange.
Note that I had the Biostar 6100-M7 and my 754 clawhammer was able to change VID and FID even when overclocked+overvolted.

Can anyone report their Tforce is able to change VID when using say a single core that is just overclocked (no overvolt). Maybe this newer X2 chip has the VID locked for c'n'q but that would be really weird.
 
Oh about all the boot screen disable questions.

You cannot disable it. Biostar wants to show off the damn logo.
Any bios they make that ends in .BS or .BST will have the logo.

There is a .BF bios that doesn't have the logo but so far they
are only releasing it for the non-tforce 6100's. Maybe if we
all nag them to death they will give us the alternate bios option.

For the tforce being their "flagship" product they sure don't have the
right to boast and brag yet. There are alot of things they need to add
to the overclock ability:
# half step multipliers
# more memory base settings (150mhz, 183mhz)
# finer voltage regulator settings (where's 1.525? 1.575 ?)
# ability to use voltage regulator + c'n'q
 
I'm pretty sure you hack the bios to display whatever logo you want...
 
vibe said:
# finer voltage regulator settings (where's 1.525? 1.575 ?)

It's even worse than that, atleast with my board, their 1.8 volt setting is more like 1.65, 1.75 is more like 1.625, 1.7 is more like 1.6 atleast according to the motherboard's voltage monitor. 1.65 seems kind of low to me.
 
Ive fired off emails and asked that they add more vcore stepping to BIOS. I've also told them that the reportings are not quite accurate.

Mine is exactly as yours is, arch.

I was at 260x10 with 1.8v in bios but actually 1.7

I dropped down to 250 x 10 and am now at 1.5 and running great.

Id rather be at 250 with a 1.5 and a max cpu temp of 40c under full load than a 260 with 54C loads.
 
By the way, I noticed the Albatron 6150 board can do percentage based overvolting (like DFI on some models) so it would work with C'n'Q. Biostar needs to be pressured to change to/alternate percentage based voltage regulation. This is their "flagship" overclocker after all.

Hey what does "LDT" actually mean? When they say MSI 6150 is only stable up to 250 LDT is that the cpu core before multiplier? That would be a huge drawback for me switching to the MSI. My x2 can do 2600 easily and 2750 with a big push, so maybe I am taking the tforce for granted that it's so stable like that.
 
LDT is like FSB was in the old days. LDT times the CPU multiplier equals the CPU clock. Then there is a divider of the CPU clock, to generate the RAM clock.

BTW, the no splash bios work great. I'm using cu51ma20RH because the Vcore is correct. The newer one has borked Vcore, as other folks here have noted.
 
Back
Top