• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Well I just got another TForce for my parents and wanted to share some new results. This board will post with 285fsb and probably higher, although I have not bothered to try. Which is definitely a lucky thing, because in retrospect there is no way I could have made them put up with (or myself put up with their complaigning) that OC utility loading up at startup and having to close it each time.

I am using the stock MA20 bios and am not going to even chance loading anything different - no reason too!

I primed stable the board at 315fsb using the OC utility. You guys not getting high clocks, are starting to make me wonder... I am using Ceramique on both the north/south bridges so maybe your sinks are not making good connections with the chips?

Ya and the VCORE is about .5-.75 off, but what are you gonna do? ;)

Totally off-topic note: My parents Opteron 165 does about 2.6GHz with about 1.425 actual voltage. Pretty sweet! :cool: I'd push it higher, but my backup power supply I gave them was starting to complain around 2.5GHz (12v rail was dropping close to 11.5v).

Off-topic note #2: The dual-core opteron stock cooler does indeed rock. Really surprising when you look at it. Nice design but light and that copper base must be some kind of alloy - not a chance that is all copper. I did a loose comparison between a Swiftech MCX64-V and MCX6400-V and it beat both of them by about 2-3° on idle! My ghetto testing method was to toss the heatsink on to the chip, turn on the PC and let it idle for a few minutes. I approximated the delta between the system temp and the CPU temp. Had the high speed Panaflos on the Swiftechs running at the approximate noise level as the Opteron DC sink and even at max speed. Did this a 2 or 3 times for each sink and every time the Opteron DC sink was a few degrees cooler! I just wish it would fit in my case... :(
 
I don't mean to hijack the thread but since there are a ton of tforce 6100 users here, I am wondering who else is just using the onboard video?

If you are using the onboard video, can you try something?

Tie up the video overlay by playing a video or something that uses it.
Then play another video so it does direct draw to the video surface.
Now make the video fairly big (like 800x600+). Run it for a minute.

Tell me if your video wigs out? And the whole video screen just turns to scramble for a couple seconds and then everything just resumes as normal?

I am assuming this has to be a nvidia driver bug.
It seems to only happen if I drive the video access to full tilt load.
Maybe the gpu is overheating since it's cooled passively. But things resume?

My system is 100% stable and will dual prime for 12+ hours. If I have two videos on the screen (I do editing) every once in a blue moon the above scramble problem will happen. After that everything resumes, no crash, no data loss, so I don't think it's memory (which also passes stress test).

Unfortunately I don't have a pci-e card to test it otherwise so I am wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this.

Too bad we can't raise the chipset voltage anymore!
We have to nag biostar to put that back in too...

ps. I am using latest nvidia 81.89 drivers and latest 410 drivers 8.22
 
sleepeeg3 said:
Off-topic note #2: The dual-core opteron stock cooler does indeed rock. Really surprising when you look at it. Nice design but light and that copper base must be some kind of alloy - not a chance that is all copper.

Is the stock opteron and x2 cooler identical? I find the x2 heatsink less than impressive...
 
I use onboard video, no probs whatsoever, even with mega low memory timings.

What is a fair price to ask for a used (12 day old) A64 3200+ Venice s939 that will do 2.6Ghz?
 
vibe said:
Is the stock opteron and x2 cooler identical? I find the x2 heatsink less than impressive...
depends what x2. all of the dual core opterons have the heatpipe cooler, and the higher-end x2's, not sure where they start, either 4200+ or 4400+, i know the 3800+ doesn't have it for sure. the fx chips also get this heatpipe cooler.
 
What are your northbridge temps when the video starts to act up? Sounds like it is overheating. Stick some quality thermal paste on the core.

vibe said:
Is the stock opteron and x2 cooler identical? I find the x2 heatsink less than impressive...
It's the heatpipe design that looks like a squat XP-90. Not sure if it is the same, but SM ^ seems to know what he is talking about.
 
I know it's instinct to look for overheating and power issues with that video problem I am describing but consider that I can run RTHDRIBL for long periods of time without issues. That program will absolutely cook any GPU (try it and watch your temps).

I might have answered my own question since it could very well be a driver issue with the 6100 and video playback. Nvidia keeps releasing little bug fixes for the 61xx series in their drivers if you read the "what's new" notes.

I hate being an early adopter with all these little quirks. Never again!
 
Listen to me, one of the biggist reasons I may beable to get 350fsb isn't just cus I have a sempron. You all are only using the normal chipset heatsinks right?

YOU MUST HAVE ACTIVE COOLING ON THE CHIPSET TO GET SUPER HIGH OC'S.

I have a copper fan/heatsink on my chipset with artic silver 5. A damn good one that was ment for video cards. Get something made for a NF4 chipset or better so the chipset doesn't overheat when you overclock. I bet thats whats limiting alot of ppl here. It could be as simple as that. That cheap heatsink on the board originaly will NOT be enough.
 
vibe said:
I don't mean to hijack the thread but since there are a ton of tforce 6100 users here, I am wondering who else is just using the onboard video?

If you are using the onboard video, can you try something?

Tie up the video overlay by playing a video or something that uses it.
Then play another video so it does direct draw to the video surface.
Now make the video fairly big (like 800x600+). Run it for a minute.

Tell me if your video wigs out? And the whole video screen just turns to scramble for a couple seconds and then everything just resumes as normal?

I am assuming this has to be a nvidia driver bug.
It seems to only happen if I drive the video access to full tilt load.
Maybe the gpu is overheating since it's cooled passively. But things resume?

My system is 100% stable and will dual prime for 12+ hours. If I have two videos on the screen (I do editing) every once in a blue moon the above scramble problem will happen. After that everything resumes, no crash, no data loss, so I don't think it's memory (which also passes stress test).

Unfortunately I don't have a pci-e card to test it otherwise so I am wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this.

Too bad we can't raise the chipset voltage anymore!
We have to nag biostar to put that back in too...

ps. I am using latest nvidia 81.89 drivers and latest 410 drivers 8.22


Nope I don't have the same prob you do with video.
 
I had my sempron 2800+ (1.6ghz stock) @ 2.4 last night with stock voltages i think.
But yea i do need the active chipset cooling for the chipset on my T-Force.
Also Serge what is your ht multi at?


Thanks TopGun
 
serge - sp you removed the stock hs from the nb chipset and replaced with a fancy video card cooler? like a big ole zalman or something?

what about the onboard video sink? did you replace that and go active as well?

I thnk my current limit is the mem controller on my cpu and not necessarily the NB getting hot, but for the hell of it I will put active cooling on and see if it makes a difference.
 
Is anyone using a 939 opty in their biostar tforce-939? any good results? im ordering one this week
 
Serge84 said:
Listen to me, one of the biggist reasons I may beable to get 350fsb isn't just cus I have a sempron. You all are only using the normal chipset heatsinks right?

YOU MUST HAVE ACTIVE COOLING ON THE CHIPSET TO GET SUPER HIGH OC'S.

I have a copper fan/heatsink on my chipset with artic silver 5. A damn good one that was ment for video cards. Get something made for a NF4 chipset or better so the chipset doesn't overheat when you overclock. I bet thats whats limiting alot of ppl here. It could be as simple as that. That cheap heatsink on the board originaly will NOT be enough.
Good point. I'm definitely going to do that with any mobo I get. Any linkage to heatsinks that were made to fit the 6150 NB and 430 SB?
 
Dillusion said:
Is anyone using a 939 opty in their biostar tforce-939? any good results? im ordering one this week

Dillusion, I am on the fence betwen an opty 146 or an opty 165 right now.

Got a 3200 venice a65 right now at 255 like a rock.

this bio board will do insane things, and i really do believe you have to get "lucky" with a chip that was from a good batch... stepping code wise and mem controller wise.

i was effing around in bios and the FSB on this board will go past 550fsb or so...

seriously, i think it is ALL about the cpu you get.... some guys are luckier than others. overclocking is not some magical mysterious thing. even a complete newbie can just ramp up FSB and if he has a good solid chip, it will rock the nut sack.
 
I've been meaning to get two copper heatsink+fans for the chipset, especially with three wire since the fan connectors are available.

Any suggestions? I had bought a nice ball bearing Vantec for a previous motherboard but they only make 2-wire.

How good or bad are these:
http://www.directron.com/a1178.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835192006
aha, here's the one I had found a while back which is like
the Vantec but instead it has 3-wire and a more spaced out design:
http://www.jab-tech.com/Evercool-VC-RE-Twinkling-VGA-Cooler-pr-2291.html
They have a newer VC-RF model that can change from 55mm to 80mm with adapter. But I can't find any resellers that carry the Evercool chipset/vga coolers, only their general fans.
Scroll down and look at the detail on this Korean site which even puts the typical newegg detail photos to shame:
http://www.pc4all.co.kr/good_info.asp?id=24941&category=152
 
JimmyJamz said:
Dillusion, I am on the fence betwen an opty 146 or an opty 165 right now.

Got a 3200 venice a65 right now at 255 like a rock.

this bio board will do insane things, and i really do believe you have to get "lucky" with a chip that was from a good batch... stepping code wise and mem controller wise.

i was effing around in bios and the FSB on this board will go past 550fsb or so...

seriously, i think it is ALL about the cpu you get.... some guys are luckier than others. overclocking is not some magical mysterious thing. even a complete newbie can just ramp up FSB and if he has a good solid chip, it will rock the nut sack.
the newbie won't know where to start looking when things go wrong though ;) but yes, people generally think oc'ing is more complicated than it is. however, i seriously doubt that the biostar board is *stable* at 550fsb. care to set your cpu multi to something like 4x and ur mem divider to like 83 or something like that if its able to go below a 1:2 and see if the board will be prime stable at that fsb? or even post?
 
JimmyJamz said:
serge - sp you removed the stock hs from the nb chipset and replaced with a fancy video card cooler? like a big ole zalman or something?

what about the onboard video sink? did you replace that and go active as well?

I thnk my current limit is the mem controller on my cpu and not necessarily the NB getting hot, but for the hell of it I will put active cooling on and see if it makes a difference.

Everybody posted pritty good links to them. I went full active on my north bridge. The south bridge never really gets hot. Good luck on finding a 1.5 inch fan heatsink for that. The fan I use for my chipset is this. So I put artic silver 5 grease on the heatsink south bridge. Did the same for the North but with active cooling. But I may try for abit of a higher performer tho this can cool a NF4 chipset. This fan I got does the job very well to make the north bridge run very cool. I beleave thats why my hyper transport can be so high because of how good this cooling is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835110103

Btw, have any of you ever done the removal of the metal cpu top mod yet? Siposidly with semprons if I did that I'll beable to get 20fsb or so higher with my OC. Does anybody know how to do that and what forum should I look at if its aready been done before. Please help!

I'm currently running my mobo boxless. still same temp. 42C now. Fan almost never spins to cool my CPU down. Runs cool even at this OC of 75%.

My HTT you mean my hyper transport. *Cough* look at my sandra links... I'm crazy. Got it set to 4x 347fsb. Runs fine for me. Proof is in the sandra data. Read chip set 1 and what its running at. Almost 2800mhz! Faster then my cpu at 2.43ghz ha. Been running it like that for 3 months stable. I run my comp 24/7. Wonder how cool thos new athlon 64 3000+ run at for 754's. Can prob stay on freaken air at 3ghz. If my CPU runs this cool I'm sure it would only be at 50C at 3ghz with a veince. Keep in mind my fans are on controled so they arn't running at full speed all the time. Would be at like 35C or below if I cept it at full. 754 Veinces run at only 51 watts and are 90mn. Cold cold cold.

http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/32-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/64-bit_347fsb.jpg
 
That vantec is really nice I had one on my old motherboard and sold it with it.

Super quiet, long lasting ball bearing and 100% copper, you can feel the weight (no plating nonsense except on their silly heatsinks which are coated aluminum!)

The "problem" it's only 2 wire and no spacer adjustment if you want to use it elsewhere someday. It's also got "closed" fins which apparently don't disapate as nicely as the Evercool's open ones. Which is why I am getting on the phone in a minute to contact the only place in north america I can find them...
 
Serge84 said:
Btw, have any of you ever done the removal of the metal cpu top mod yet? Siposidly with semprons if I did that I'll beable to get 20fsb or so higher with my OC. Does anybody know how to do that and what forum should I look at if its aready been done before. Please help!

Unlidding is (for the) insane ;) I am saving it for when 2600mhz is starting to feel "slow" on dual core. Remember that just because you decrease the temperature 5 degrees doesn't mean the power curve is going to change any. You still have that spike after a point (2600 for me).
 
I finally found a USA source for the Evercool VC-RF.
Had to talk directly to their distributor out in California.

http://store.yahoo.com/buyextras/evunvgaco.html
closeout.com will be carrying it too, search for ec-vc-rf

Price is a bit higher than the vc-re but this is a top notch
northbridge/vga cooler (rf comes with fan lid which might be important)

You can get the older vc-re for around $8 at Jab-tech.com
but it will only do 55mm and not expand to 80mm if you want to re-use it later on for a 6600-7800 etc.
 
vibe said:
I finally found a USA source for the Evercool VC-RF.
Had to talk directly to their distributor out in California.

http://store.yahoo.com/buyextras/evunvgaco.html
closeout.com will be carrying it too, search for ec-vc-rf

Price is a bit higher than the vc-re but this is a top notch
northbridge/vga cooler (rf comes with fan lid which might be important)

You can get the older vc-re for around $8 at Jab-tech.com
but it will only do 55mm and not expand to 80mm if you want to re-use it later on for a 6600-7800 etc.

Thats what I was thinking of getting too. Great cooler.
 
vibe said:
Unlidding is (for the) insane ;) I am saving it for when 2600mhz is starting to feel "slow" on dual core. Remember that just because you decrease the temperature 5 degrees doesn't mean the power curve is going to change any. You still have that spike after a point (2600 for me).

lol I didn't fully go through with it yet, until I have my sempron as a spare, (When I get my athlon 64 3000+) Then I'll try it with a 60 buck processor. "Sempron" Not a 140 buck one. "Athlon 64" And in the end it may not even be worth it. Even the Athlon 64 "New 754's" I'm getting will run cooler then my sempron, even has lower wattage. Ha. No worry about heat.
 
The only problem with taking off a CPU's heatspreader is the heatsink: the clips might not push it down hard enough. Otherwise, it's a good idea (in theory).
 
M4rk said:
The only problem with taking off a CPU's heatspreader is the heatsink: the clips might not push it down hard enough. Otherwise, it's a good idea (in theory).

http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/oc_1.jpg

380fsb, 3040MT/s or full HTT speed running 1/3 faster then a 939 board, 2.6Ghz so far!

Got my hands on a spare sempron 64 2500+ and poped the top. These are the results I got on air. 40C Forget a DFI board, this Tforce can do more. I'll see how far I can get with it. Do some more moding and experiments. Very stable, even tho I have passed 3000MT/s on the chipset. 1520HTT 4x 380FSB. I bet if I didn't have a active cooler on my chipset it would have aready burned up. Don't try getting 1520HTT until you get the best chipset cooler you can get. Heat on the chipset is very dangerous at that level of HTT normaly keep in mind. Don't try this unless your willing to lose the chipset or you know your cooler will keep it cooled. Get a chipset temp monitor and make sure it stays cool. Your good as long as it stays cool.
 
hey surge nice stats u getting there i just got my sempron 64 2800+ to replace my old A64 3500+ which burnt out cause of generic psu do you think i can achieve at least 2.2.ghz stable on stock cooling and stock voltage im a noob at overclocking but have been building systems for a while now but i wont be gettin my Tforce 6100 till 2nd week of jan probably cause newegg is sold out and wont have any more till the second of january

so till then cause i really need help on this subject only thing ive overclocked was a palm (sony clie NX60) pda to 350 mhz and that was through a program lol
 
KenshinNX60 said:
hey surge nice stats u getting there i just got my sempron 64 2800+ to replace my old A64 3500+ which burnt out cause of generic psu do you think i can achieve at least 2.2.ghz stable on stock cooling and stock voltage im a noob at overclocking but have been building systems for a while now but i wont be gettin my Tforce 6100 till 2nd week of jan probably cause newegg is sold out and wont have any more till the second of january

so till then cause i really need help on this subject only thing ive overclocked was a palm (sony clie NX60) pda to 350 mhz and that was through a program lol

Ha ha, 2.2Ghz on a sempron 64 2800+ isn't even trying. Try to get around 2.7ghz on air. But you can do much better with a tforce. Its like a DFI board, expect to reach the same fsb as me atleast 350fsb. All tforces can do that, The prob with vinnys are you got to get lucky, cores are all diff OC diff. Most semprons OC the same. Geronteed to max out at around 350fsb to 380fsb, you get really lucky if it can reach 400fsb means it has a good memory controller. I'm still on air btw. Semprons run too cool to worry. I'm still on stock volts. It will be fun to see how high you can get when ya get your Tforce. You'll prob reach the same area as me but have a much faster speed. Semprons OC better then most processors for some reason. Some older processors like athlon 64 clawhammers can reach 350fsb and be at like 3.5ghz. Newer processors like Vinnys have higher multiplyers but max out at 300fsb for whatever reason heat or a limitation. Some get 320fsb or 350fsb with vinnys I don't know why. I know its not the tforces fault, I'm getting super high fsb with it. But I'll soon replace my sempron 64 2500+ with a new athlon 64 3000+ with a vinny. Yes they now make new 90mn cores for 754's. I can't wait to get one. PDA OC XDD.

It will be better when you have your mechine to see how far we can get with your comp. OMG you got some good shiz to OC with. Better memory then me. TCCD chipset on those G shills huh? Perfect for OCing with. We'll make your comp smoken. Serously you really can get pritty high with this thing on semprons. I always wanted a sempron 64 2800+ to OC with because they oc the best out of the semprons I beleave. I seen 3.2ghz done on one at about 410fsb. You should look at the xtreme overclocking forums. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80159

I'll help you out as best I can, we both have simmilar systems so you'll get use to OCing with my help and others. You'll need to update your bios. Turn your htt to auto. Get a chipset cooler for a videocard like what we where talking about in this topic. No need to up the volts. Maybe keep it at 1.5v should never have a prob with heat. Keep your memory at 166fsb or 133fsb if need be. Your memory should have no prob reaching DDR500 as they are known for going upto DDR550 even. Set the memory timeings to as slow as they will go trust me on that. Worry about memory timeings later. Its pritty easy. Once you get your tforce I'll teach ya exactly what I did to get this high with my system. You don't need mods to get that high. Privite message me when you get your board and I'll help you.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80884

Vinnys can go very high if your lucky. The Tforce should beable to do the same. Since I can get upto 380fsb. I don't know whats limiting most ppls processors on this board. Could be memory related. Or the timmings arn't slow enough. Sometimes 3-3-3-8-T1 isn't slow enough. At 1st, heres what I did, put all my timmings to as slow as they would go. Thats right Put the slowest timmings you call can in the bios just to see the limit in the 02 bios. Crazy slow, but it may work. Could very well possibly limiting you all at 300fsb. To go higher you must use the 02 bios. Could also be very well a prob with the chipset heatsink limiting a OC. Only good until 300fsb if ya want to go any higher you must have active cooling I figure like we been talking about.
 
ok thnx serge but yeah i really do miss my old A64 3500+ socket 754 nevergot a chance to oc it but it waz a great processor until it met a generic psu....have to think my mom for the 2800 tho she felt sorry for me spendin all that money on my old specs lol so this will do until i get a opteron or a dual core A64 or a A64 4000 i heard those are goo processors and that the 4000 can easily reach a Fx55
 
KenshinNX60 said:
ok thnx serge but yeah i really do miss my old A64 3500+ socket 754 nevergot a chance to oc it but it waz a great processor until it met a generic psu....have to think my mom for the 2800 tho she felt sorry for me spendin all that money on my old specs lol so this will do until i get a opteron or a dual core A64 or a A64 4000 i heard those are goo processors and that the 4000 can easily reach a Fx55

Man that really does suck that had to happen tho. The A64 4000 newark you mean for 754's? Or are you going to go 939 later? I would love to have a A64 4000 for my 754. I can't wait to see somebody OC one of those moble processors. Man that would be awesome. Puts new life into the 754's. Latly they been able to kick ass. Can perform like a 939 in a OC. Ha look at me. Those newarks are exactly like FX55's just for laptops is the only real diff. But you can buy them for your desktop mobo at newegg.
 
Newegg had the Tforce 6100 bac in stock what a surprise just before the 2nd but as soon as i was ready to hit that add to cart button it said out of stock once again (Sigh) man these things are going like hot cakes....anyway i was refering to the 939 4000+ and i saw that socket 754 venice looks tempting good price to wonder wat made AMD revile this product so late unless im late...
 
is that so well let me see some benchmarking or 3D scores that shows that dual coe has a major lead over high end single core Athlon 64
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104257

Theres your fx55 for 754's. ;P Really a 4000+ wonder how good it OC's. Got the same clock speed as a fx 55. Thats the 754's fx thats for sure. lets hope laptops get dual cores. because if LT's go dual core they will be useing 754's still. Means dual cores will be on 754's maybe. Or they will switch it to S1's later witch would suck for us that have 754's.

Dual cores are what you need to worry about in a year when they cost a resonable price like 150 bucks for a 939 3800+ X2. The smart go dual core when they are needed. By then M2's will rule the playing feild and dual cores will be commion place. You have no real advantage to dual core now besides multi tasking. No games support 2 cores yet I know of. 2 cores doesn't make your comp twice as fast. Only able to do 2 times the processes. Like running more programs at the same time.

You have the same clock speed. 2ghz dual cores don't run a 4ghz because you have 2 cores that run at 2ghz. The clock speed is still 2ghz as a example no matter if you had 10 cores. It only gives you a advantage of multitasking until software and games are writen to use 2 cores at the same time. It just gives a greater range of abilities to run 2 times the programs or whatever. Benchmarking with sandra may tell you your running 2 times the speed because it would rank around 20,000 when a normal processor will usouly max out at 10,000 points not overclocked thats single core. Dual cores start at around 20,000 because there are 2 cores.

Its no real difference in a game. Besides a FX overclocked will blow a dual core away in speed. They are coming out with a dual core FX tho. But its useless until games are writen software for. May give you a advantage if you use one core for the OS and the other purely for games... if you can tell it to do that. Other then that. Your no better then a single core at the molment. I'll go dual core when I need to, not because its the baddist shit on the market. Just wait until tripple cores or quad cores come out. Like what the xbox 360 uses... blows away a dual core, its dual threaded processor in each core with a tripple xeon core clocks at 3.2ghz. If you want multi tasking thats insane. 6 threads and 3 cores. Damn! Thats the future if you think dual cores are all that. Just wait, its a never ending thing. We will probibly have tripple cores in 2007 commion like in the xbox360. That was the 1st tripple core. Dual cores will be bad ass in a year but what happens when tripple cores come out and so on. Ppl will swarm to get the baddest stuff they can get their hands on because its the best now but the next month they come out with the next processor. I would rather wait and spend my money wisly. When you can actouly use the technology to a advantage. Its useless with out software to support it. lol
 
One nice thing about duel cores is you could run browsers, your chat programs, music, downloads, posibly unzipping things and such, and play a game at the same time without it slowing down tremendously ;)
 
emptyshell said:
One nice thing about duel cores is you could run browsers, your chat programs, music, downloads, posibly unzipping things and such, and play a game at the same time without it slowing down tremendously ;)

I have yahoo, msn, my anti virus, firewall, brouser, downloading program, server program, and music or a DVD, on at the same time. it never goes above 25%, only hits 100% when i got a virus scan on with adaware and spybot scanning at the same time. Then games are sluggish then. With just one scan at once i can play a game fine. Mostly the job of your GPU to do with games. If I ran at 3ghz or higher I would have no prob running anything with that many programs running at once. 3ghz with amds seems like you can run anything with no lag. 4ghz with FX's is just awesome. The ppl at Xtreme forums are really crazy OCers.

Somebody please get a FX57 for your Tforce6100 and OC it. I want to see this board OC a FX57.
 
Id go out and buy an FX-57... if it was 10X faster then my 3000+... but no way am i gonna spend all 1300$ I have on one of those...
 
emptyshell said:
Id go out and buy an FX-57... if it was 10X faster then my 3000+... but no way am i gonna spend all 1300$ I have on one of those...

I wouldn't eather, when I can get a vinny to 3ghz on this board. When you get to speeds like that, your not going to need anymore power. FX57's get around 3.5ghz to 4ghz+. Best I seen are maybe 4.5ghz if I remember right on physe cooling. A guess but I wouldn't be surprized. I would rather spend $140 and go with a vinny and OC it to 3ghz and I would be happy. But vinnys are sipose to beable to get upto 3.5ghz. Some where like that. Atleast thats what the ppl at the Xtreme forums get.
 
Serge84 said:
FX57's get around 3.5ghz to 4ghz+. Best I seen are maybe 4.5ghz if I remember right on physe cooling.

The first bit you said was correct that most will top 3GHz on air and around 3.5-3.6 on good single stage phase change such as a Mach II GT w/507 or chilly1 head. However the second part is absolute crap. The highest ocing was
4.1GHz but that would be screenshot stable and prob with dry ice or ln2 to get those speeds.

56028.png


Highest FSB on an A64 is 564.61MHz

Ignore the 6GHz on CPU-Z Validator as if you work out 9*250 its 2250 so its a bug in the app.
 
Firelord said:
The first bit you said was correct that most will top 3GHz on air and around 3.5-3.6 on good single stage phase change such as a Mach II GT w/507 or chilly1 head. However the second part is absolute crap. The highest ocing was
4.1GHz but that would be screenshot stable and prob with dry ice or ln2 to get those speeds.

56028.png


Highest FSB on an A64 is 564.61MHz

Ignore the 6GHz on CPU-Z Validator as if you work out 9*250 its 2250 so its a bug in the app.

Some experementee scientests in gurmany or sweeten or where ever it was. Forgot the site but the world record for a athlon 64 processor was 5.3ghz on liquid nitrogin the everything totally socked in the dangerous stuff. Overclocked I beleave it was a A64 3200+ 939. And yes thats real. Look it up... I'll have to ask my cus about it again where that darn site is. Just think how fast a FX could be on physed liquid nitrogin... Those ppl in that country are crazy. =P Damn using liquid nitrogin, just try putting your hand in that stuff, won't have one after that. LP They made a video of it too. Crazy yes, impossible no.

Damn who can get to 450fsb on this board with the lowest multiplyer??? If its possible to get fsb that high... my god thats overkill to a A64. I didn't know 1 could post higher then 500. Impressive!

Edit:Couldn't find it yet, maybe my cus got it mixed up with the pentium 5ghz project on toms hardware with a AMD... Hmm. But I'm sure its possible with both. Man pentiums can get higher clock speeds only for show. A 4ghz FX is like compeating with a 6ghz or higher pentium and wooping it day and night. FX's would beat any Pentium. My overclock blows away a 3.8ghz pentium 4 so ha to intel.
 
Back
Top