Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Are there any NForce 4 mATX boards which classify as halfway decent overclockers?

I'm willing to try anything to get 300x9 stable at the moment, but i cannot go back to ATX, i just dont have the space anymore...

I'm wondering if its the memory controller on this SD thats the issue... might have to borrow my old Venice 3000 for a couple of days and see what it'll do in this board...

ya no mATX is guaranteed like ATX is to do 300fsb right now. My venice 3000 did 310 fsb in my dfi and in the biostar it only does 280....we'll see with more tweaking.

Just put my first Biostar TForce-939 together last night and it's running an Opteron 165 298x9. This motherboard is incredible for $78 delivered. Don't know what I'm doing right but all the aps Biostar included are working for me and while they aren't great, at least they are something(until ClockGen supports 6100/6150).

If you are a farmer, I don't think you can beat the price/performance of this motherboard.

Thanks go to mr-busta for all his helpful information early in this thread.
cheers.gif

only nforce 4 matx mobo = foxconn, which has 0 oc options.

your best bet for getting 300 fsb would b the biostar, or if you could settle with 275, then the foxconn 6150/430. yup, foxconn. this one has options :eek:

P-Dub try the Foxconn. There has only been one review and there may be boards with better silicon out there, just like the Biostar...

You guys try putting ASC or ASA on the northbridge? That might help you out.

Jeff Foley said:
Just put my first Biostar TForce-939 together last night and it's running an Opteron 165 298x9. This motherboard is incredible for $78 delivered. Don't know what I'm doing right but all the aps Biostar included are working for me and while they aren't great, at least they are something(until ClockGen supports 6100/6150).

If you are a farmer, I don't think you can beat the price/performance of this motherboard.

Thanks go to mr-busta for all his helpful information early in this thread.
cheers.gif

Nice...this is what I need to make the switch from my Ultra-D worth it.

Lowly Biostar 6100-M7
And a lowly 64Bit Sempron 2800+ (1.6 GHz)

Doing 300x8 currently from the bios.

Here is a screenie

2400_G.png

Dillusion said:
wtf this isnt fair why does my tforce suck ass :mad:

Mine seems to suck ass too.

Best I can get with a 3000+ is 255x9

HT is currently at 4x dropping it to 3x doesn't do any better. Raising it to 5x means no POST.

vcore is at 1.425 raising vcore doesn't do any better.

My first AMD64 rig so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what it could be.
(Yes Cool N Quiet is turned off and using B02 BIOS).

Here's my current situation. I'm at 263FSB x 10. I bought 2x512 Patriot XBL memory and the shit ROCKS.

I have my memory on a 1:1 so its also running at 263 with 2.5 -3-3-7 1T. MUCH MUCH Better than geil value memory for sure, well worth the extra $50 for the ram upgrade. Running memory at 2.7v btw. its brainpower 815 pcb with samsung tccd. KICKASS RAM for a kickass price.

My Vcore is 1.8v in the bios, but reads at about 1.65 in CPU-Z. The bio deck does not report the voltages properly.

For you guys having problems getting higher clocks, even with my geil (had to run a 133 divier ont hat shit) i was able to do 265FSB x10 with HTT of x5.

You need to manually set the multi to x10 in bios. Push the vcore ALL the way up, use a good cooler, not stock.

It is not the limitation of the board, I can assur eyou of that. these boards will only do as good as your ram and cpu... its NOT the board.

Well i got in onthat 125$ mushkin 2GB deal from monarch, and im using a divider now.

Currently at 270fsb on the cpu which is 2.4ghz with a 5:6 divider giving me DDR450 on the ram at 7-3-3-2.5. cpu is at 1.475v and ram is at 2.6v

JimmyJamz said:
It is not the limitation of the board, I can assur eyou of that. these boards will only do as good as your ram and cpu... its NOT the board.

Bullshit.

My CPU does 325 in an MSI Neo2, and my ram does 295 at 3,4,4,8 in the same board, so explain to me why i cant get past 250....

I eagerly await your response...

Dubz

Well i think my biostar took a shit tonight. I restarted and set the bios to optimized defaults and i loaded up windows. i closed all mly programs and i flashed from the M20 to the B02 BIOS. it finished and i say restart. On the restart i get no video. I powered it down and pressed it back on, and now the diagnostic led's are giving me a 'vga error' with led1 off and led2 on, the other two led's are on also. The PC speaker beeps for 3 seconds every other second. Ive tried two types of ram, ive tried resetting bios, ive tried leaving it without power and cmos jumper on reset for 3 hours, and still a no go. i try to use the onboard video also but it still gives me a 'vga error' on the led's.

any ideas?

mine did the same thing after the same BIOS flash. All I did was remove one stick of ram (was using 2) did a quick CMOS clear (only a 3-5 second jumper pull) pushed the power button, and it still did the same thing, but I let it continue to do that speaker beeps for like 1 minute, and BOOM, everything reset and it told me to hit F1 to enter bios, or F2 to continue.

Ok well, mine is totally fucked up. Its stuck on that VGA error with the LED's and it beeps forever, it never resets itself. What a piece of shit. im going to try and RMA it on monday, i REALLY hate doing this and i have to pay so much for overnight shipping to newegg and back now, god.

Ive tried leaving the battery and power cables out overnight, ive tried reseatnig everything on the board, ive tried taking the battery and cmos jumper off for hours, and i tried your method, nothing works....

EDIT: WOW this board is fucking weird. I put some old RAM in slot 1, no go. I switched the ram to slot 3 (other orange) and reset the bios, then i pressed the PWR button and it booted right up. I went crazy...

Turn out the B02 BIOS doesnt like my mushkin 2x1GB kit, looks like its the shipping M20 for me.

I have the 939 tforce with some average memory (supertalent pc3200) and a 3000+. playing around with the settings in the dram I set the MTRR mapping to discrete instead of the default continuous. now it won't finish the post. I reset the bios, no go. removed everything (cept cpu and mem) and put only one stick in slot 1/2 stops the count at 457728K +64m. tried 3/4, stops at 1024k. tried using both sticks, stops at 982016k slots 1/3 2/3 1/4. stops at 1024k with slots 3/4.
tried some old 266 stick in all the slots, didn't work either, stops at the same points as 1 supertalent stick.

the bios revision is cu51m920 bs
920 is apparently 9/20/2005

Oh, at I got to 2196mhz 244 9x with the stock cooler since this is an ocing thread.

this is a bit off topic but every1 here seems to be familiar with the tforce 6100-939....

SATA drivers taht dont create unexpected errors in windows setup? i press f6 and then load the nvidia drivers and boom unexpected error in a file on the CD. ive tried 2 cds...one pro and one home and they both do it...

walk me through the sata install for this board? i.e. wtf to find drivers

jay1227 said:
this is a bit off topic but every1 here seems to be familiar with the tforce 6100-939....

SATA drivers taht dont create unexpected errors in windows setup? i press f6 and then load the nvidia drivers and boom unexpected error in a file on the CD. ive tried 2 cds...one pro and one home and they both do it...

walk me through the sata install for this board? i.e. wtf to find drivers

I used PATA or I would attempt to give some assistance. I dont personally have much experience with SATA drives simply because PATA drives are cheaper... :(

Does it work if you attempt to install to a PATA drive? Have you 100% singled out that its the SATA driver?

i think i got it... i messed with MaxBlast and finally got WinXP to install on the 250gb partition.for some reason there were 2 other 60gb partitions labeled MBRs along witha 250gb one so i was stumped... but its intalling now..

Can someone tell me if this board has built in memory for the vid card like the ATI express series? I hate it when integrated vid cards eat your system memory. Thanks :)

i dont think any of the 6100 or 6150's have built in memory, they use ur system memory. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this is the case.

No built-in RAM on the board.

I also noticed that my 2D image quality with the 6100 was quite a bit worse than with my 6800GS, but I didn't spend any time attempting to tweak the colors or sharpness.

vibe said:
My 2D quality is terrific, definitely better than my previous geforce 440. Make sure your refresh rate is high enough and not too high for your monitor?

I have no problems setting the FSB as high as 280mhz even using the onboard video. I just have to drop the memory base to 166mhz or 133mhz accordingly.

Newest, best, B02 bios:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/socket939/t6100-939/cu51mb02.bst
Nah, I tried refresh rates from 60 to 85Hz and everything was always fuzzy and soft and washed out. I may have just needed to play with the sharpness and color in the nvidia CP, but I didn't bother.

While I dont use my onboard... I did test it briefly and the 2d quality seems up to par with my 7800gt when both are using VGA. DVI on my 7800gt looks better for sure... but thats DVI. =)

Is there anyway to get DVI? I know all of the newer optiplex Dell's that have onboard vga have a DVI daughter card that fits into the PCI express slot.. if that makes sense

DOTC said:
Is there anyway to get DVI? I know all of the newer optiplex Dell's that have onboard vga have a DVI daughter card that fits into the PCI express slot.. if that makes sense
Get a different board or an add-on graphics card.

Bull shit. The Tforce board isn't limited its the damn CPU you put in it. if its so bad then why can my CPU do fuckin 350fsb Ohhhhhh pow! This board is kick ass. Other CPU's are FSB limited or its your memory. Or you don't know how to OC the board right or the parts in it. Everybody gets a diff result with a diff cpu and memory or your skill. >_> Look at mine ppl. I have the highest here on this board. Cus its a sempron. If I had a vince it would be about 300 or 320 I hear. And that is a fsb limit. Tho nice speed at 3ghz with a vince. And no I don't have a vince but thats what some ppl got with it.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=53864
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/32-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/64-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/memory_bandwidth.jpg

um, i think what you're talking about is "venice", not "vince". also, it might be helpful to quote who ur replying to cuz i really have no idea who ur responding to. i vaguely remember something about someone not getting as high fsb as they'd wish, but none of the details. i do remember that other ppl pointed out that it could b the cpu, but the person said they used the exact cpu with same ram i think in a diff mobo and got higher results.

Serge84 said:
Bull shit. The Tforce board isn't limited its the damn CPU you put in it. if its so bad then why can my CPU do fuckin 350fsb Ohhhhhh pow! This board is kick ass. Other CPU's are FSB limited or its your memory. Or you don't know how to OC the board right or the parts in it. Everybody gets a diff result with a diff cpu and memory or your skill. >_> Look at mine ppl. I have the highest here on this board. Cus its a sempron. If I had a vince it would be about 300 or 320 I hear. And that is a fsb limit. Tho nice speed at 3ghz with a vince. And no I don't have a vince but thats what some ppl got with it.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=53864
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/32-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/64-bit_347fsb.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/grayfox4000/memory_bandwidth.jpg
Who are you responding to?

I admit I like my board, but my FSB won't go over 255 no matter what.

Also, was he talking about the socket 754 or the 939? It says 754 in his sig. They dont have venice cores for 754... or do they? hmmm Edit: nevermind they do. :/

Back