• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

hey girlz. I wanna ask another question about the t-force, is that ok? ;)

does it fit into an antec aria? pics are desirable ;)
 
I have a problem with my biostar m7. It is currently flashed with the tforce 754 bios. It's not letting me run the ram at 200mhz (stock speed) when the system is overclocked. The ram will work fine at 200 mhz 2-3-2-5 at 2.6v when my cpu is not overclocked, but when I start increasing the fsb the system wont boot. Right now I'm running a amd 2600+ at 290x8 = 2.3ghz on stock voltage and with the divider at 133, ram running at 192.7, 2-3-2-5, 2.6v. The cpu still has a lot of room left, with a divider at 100 mhz, I can easily hit 300 fsb and 2.4ghz stable at stock voltage (I haven't tried any higher). But the system refuses to run the ram at 200 mhz when overclocked. I tried loosening the timings and pumping the voltage but this doesn't help at all. 250 fsb with a 166mhz divider does not boot either. I tried the auto overclocker in the bois earlier and the highest "V12" setting got me 250fsb with the divider at 133mhz running the memory at 166mhz :/. BTW I'm using a single G.SKILL 1gb stick model ZX.
 
I just got my tforce 939
oc.jpg


has been stable for the last hour, I'll report back tommorow.

NO Case(will prolly get a qpack and mod it a bit)
Antec Neo Power 480 watt
athlon 64 3000+ venice s939
thermalright xp120
biostar tforce 939
512 mb patriot w/ xbl tccd ram @ ~ddr500 3-4-4 (it wouldn't boot with 2.5-3-3 and I was in a bit of a rush, I'll try lowering the timings later)
onboard video
VIA envy sound card


oh sorry about the whitespace in the screenshot, I didn't install photoshop yet so I did that with paint.
 
Hmm... Call me crazy but, I'm against reducing multi's.

I am running x10 2000
and an htt of x5.

my mem is 133 divided.

I'm at 265 fsb and stable as the rock of gibraltar.

I dont know how much I buy into the massive 300+ fsb clock with the mega lowered htt's, and lowered multis.

great results with this board regardless....... if ya dont need SLI this fuckin thing is a no brainer at 75 bucks.
 
JimmyJamz said:
Hmm... Call me crazy but, I'm against reducing multi's.

I am running x10 2000
and an htt of x5.

my mem is 133 divided.

I'm at 265 fsb and stable as the rock of gibraltar.

I dont know how much I buy into the massive 300+ fsb clock with the mega lowered htt's, and lowered multis.

great results with this board regardless....... if ya dont need SLI this fuckin thing is a no brainer at 75 bucks.
its 300+ fsb and keep the multi's high, and run at like 3ghz. also people mix and match with their ram, cuz unless u have good ram you need a divider, so higher htt + not the max multi + divider may yield higher ghz and/or ram speed than a lower htt w/ the multi at max and the ram at some divider.
 
appparently this board doesn't like low timings on my tccd ram, I can't get it to 2.5-3-3 @ ddr480 and beyond(unlike my av8). I'm stuck at 3-4-4, I think its the onboard video.


I primed overnight at 290 x 9, and now I'm testing 295 x 9.
 
Did any of you guys see this? “Integrated memory test” I don’t remember any posts on this, but this has got to be one of the coolest OC features ever! You turn it on to “enable” and it automatically loads up memtest at startup. No having to burn and move around CDs or floppies – it’s there!

Heh the funny thing is, as touted as memtest is, it’s not the greatest test for memory stability. It’s useful, but definitely not perfect. The Patriot TCCD I was having problems with on the Jetway and hoping it was an incompatability issue passed memtest with flying colors. …but the system still crashed within seconds of getting into windows! :p Ah well. Already had the RMA ready to go.

What version of the board do you guys have? Mine says 1.1 A03 (bios?)

The other issue I was trying to resolve was getting my LSI RAID controller working. Unfortunately, it still finds the drive, but does nothing once it gets to boot screen. I unplugged the drive just to see if it would load the CD-ROM, but it gives me some sort of “not enough memory” error. I am thinking the “coolest feature ever” and these large bioses are not giving the SCSI controller enough memory left to load its bios. It started to boot on the Albatron, but the Alby only uses a 256K bios, which is half the size of the Biostar/Jetway bioses. Shucks.

As for overclocking… well I tinkered with the settings a few times, tried a few different dividers and combos of AUTO and lower HT multis, but it would not post past 230, except with the auto-overclocking. Have not seen if the B02 bios performs any miracles, so the jury is still out.

As for the built in overclocking – awesome idea, insane presets! I tried the V12 settings for kicks… the system boots at an impressive 2750… that is until I looked to see what it set my VCORE at - 1.7v!!! That’s like 2 – 2.1v on an XP system. What the hell were they thinking! The memory was adjusted to a middling 160 something with the divider.

I tried the 3.3v jumper. Gave my VX a healthy 3.25v, so figure 3.2v under load. Might be able to score some Redline that does 250 at those speeds.

One thing I will say is I wish Biostar’s packaging looked as good as the board! Heh, now I have turquoise, fuscia, lavender, neon lime green, neon pumpkin, peach, blue, copper, silver, black and some other colors I don’t know the names of. Eh well. Whatever the color scheme, I wouldn’t be seeing if my computer was working right, so if it fixes that, it’s all good. :cool:

So far, the Tforce has forced me to upgrade my video card, not solved my mem or controller card issue, is at least 20MHz below what I was at before and it looks like I will also have to change my heatsink because of the socket placement (oops)… Not what I was hoping for! The one positive is I can again use the NeoPower in my modded PSU housing.

I just hope the new bios performs overclocking miracles or I might just go back to the Jetway. I'm confident it will.
 
Soymilk said:
wow. if the biostar board can do this much, just think about what the dfi will be able to do! i'd be pretty happy w/ just 300 already, though. 2.7ghz w/ a x9 multi, and some fat divider for my cheapo ram :)

The DFI will probably only run with a specific piece of ram manufactured a year ago, and require an OCZ PSU only... (if you can't tell, DFI's soured me a bit)...

On topic: How's stability with this thing?
 
I really hope someone comes up with a tweak to change the 6100 clock rate on these boards so I don't have to feel jealous about the extra 50mhz the 6150 has (not to mention the hdtv out it has). I wrote a few tweaking tool authors but they all said they were not interested in onboard video.

We all need to write biostar taiwain and bug them about putting back in the chipset voltage control (and add frequency :)

Where can I get cheap, small, ball-bearing 3-wire fans for the GPU and northbridge?
Maybe even all-in-one copper heatsink/fan? Aha, how about this:
http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/cf201-nbl-29.html
Oh shoot, it's perfect except 2-pin - oh wait look at this:
http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2291
review: http://www.bigbruin.com/html/evercool-vcre.htm
 
The onboard video is great for 2D. However, I could no longer handle it and had to buy a used 6600GT PCI-E.

The difference was beyond night and day.

The 6100 onboard gets about 2FPS in the very first test of 3DMark05.

THe 6600GT gets 18FPS.

So thats... nine times better. =)

Seriously though - the onboard video is WHACK if you ever want to play games with all the fancy eye candy turned on and at a high resolution.

I did email Biostar and asked if they planned on releasing a Tforce that was 6150/430 based and the tech said no, because the difference between the 2 is minimal.
 
JimmyJamz said:
The onboard video is great for 2D. However, I could no longer handle it and had to buy a used 6600GT PCI-E.

The difference was beyond night and day.

The 6100 onboard gets about 2FPS in the very first test of 3DMark05.

THe 6600GT gets 18FPS.

So thats... nine times better. =)

Seriously though - the onboard video is WHACK if you ever want to play games with all the fancy eye candy turned on and at a high resolution.

I did email Biostar and asked if they planned on releasing a Tforce that was 6150/430 based and the tech said no, because the difference between the 2 is minimal.
2 fps! beats the hell out of my fx5600, i almost got under 1 fps average :(
 
Haha. FX5600? When I was in the midst of beginning to OC this thing, I thought onboard vid might have been holding me back, so I went to a local WalMart and bought an FX5500. Holy shit did that card suck! I had no idea how shitty those things are. It's completely pointless to even STOCK those cards.

MEMORY QUESTION for you guys. I've got 2x512 Geil Value (with the blue spreaders $80 for the pair at egg). Anyways. My current overclock I'm at 270 FSB HTT x5 and x10 multi. I'm extremely happy and it runs GREAT and is nice and quiet.

So... the GEIL will do a 1:1 ratio up to about 225FSB. After that I have to clock her down. With my 270FSB I am at a 133 divider. The problem I had is that there was no "in between". In other words, If I tried to do a 250FSB with a divider of 166, no boot. It would only boot at either 200mhz ram or 133mhz ram but nothing at 166.

Since the memory can do a 225 (ddr450 spec) i'm wondering why I cannot run my FSB at 270 with a memory divider of 166, since the mem would still be under ddr450 spec at that range.

Thanks.

Still loving this board by the way. That user preset bios saving is fucking awesome. I am recommending this deck to everyone that I know who does not wanna or need to go SLI.
 
Hey bitches... im beginning to think i should return this geil value and get something different.

If i went nuts and ordered a ddr550 or ddr600 set, would that pretty much guarantee me that I can run my fsb at 270 with a 1:1 mem setting?

Also.. do ya think that ram would possibly let me blow past my 270fsb lock?

I've tried running mem at 100 and htt anywhere from x4 x3 x2 and it wont boot past 270, so im thinking it might be the memory controller on the cpu, or perhaps the memory istelf.

So.. in a nutshell.. if i went nutz an dbought some patriot ddr600 2x512, would i feel the improvement and probably be able to OC like a madman?

discuss...
 
Off Topic

A little information, anyone have the zalman 7700+tforce 939?

can you send a picture?
 
My board shipped with the M20 BIOS, first run results on water:

STABLE: 260x9 7-3-3-3 1:1 1.5v/2.7v

NOT STABLE:

270x9 8-4-4-3 1:1 1.6v/2.7v
280x9 " "
275x9 " "
270x9 7-3-3-2.5 1:1 1.55v/2.7v
260x9 1.45v 7-3-3-2.5 1:1 2.7v

Stock-1.45v leaves me around 36c idle and 1.55-1.6v leaves me with 40-42c idle according tothe MB.

Still tweaking...Anyone recommend the B02 over this M20 BIOS?
 
dillusion, are u sure its not ur ram? u seem to be running a 1:1 in every one of those.
 
Soymilk said:
dillusion, are u sure its not ur ram? u seem to be running a 1:1 in every one of those.

Positive. This ram does 320FSB in my AN8 Ultra and DFi Ultra-D 1:1
 
D, I recommend you use the Windows overclocking utility. I have tried all the bioses, but the max mine would boot at was 257fsb. However, it does 315fsb+ fine with the Windows-based Biostar utility. It looks like the newer revisions are having trouble giving enough juice at bootup or more likely that Watchdog is interfering.

If you find an alternative, let me know. ;)
 
I hate windows overclocking, i just make so many changes in windows and i format so much that i prefer to have my settings somewhere where they stick forever.

As for that watchdog thing, what is it? Mines set to like 3 or 5 or something, is there something i should know about?
 
Yo Sleepeeg, which bios are you running? The B02 doesnt like the windows overclocking thing, i guess the latest revision of the bios will like it though, i've tried so bloody many bioses i've forgotten which is which...

I'll flash tonight and try the windows based one, see how high i can get this Sandy...

I'm getting seriously disillusioned with this board and i hope the DFI comes along soon and is half as good as my old NF3 250... Heres hoping anyways...

Dubz
 
Windows overclocking is a piece of crap... I dont feel like explaining because Im tired. It just doesnt seem to work NEAR as well.

Also, some settings in Windows overclock seem to be more stable then when I do it from the bios... I dont trust that.
 
D, I thought of one thing you might be missing - did you lower the NB -> SB and NB <- SB multis to 3x in the Advanced Chipset screen? They have the HT multi in Overclocking and you also have to adjust both these intermediary board multis.

P-Dub, all I can say is I am on the B02 bios and it's working fine. Tengis, I was about to return this until I used the windows overclocker. Edit: Okay this Windows overclockers is less than perfect...

WatchDog is how long the system waits to make sure your overclocking settings are loading correctly. It's a good idea, but in practice it sucks ass. I have had it on a Shuttle and some other board and it always seem to be limiting by overclock. I would rather have to hit the occasional "INS" than have my my max fsb drop 60MHz.

On a totally off-topic note, check out Biostar's acroynm for bios reloading "CMOS Reloading Program (C.R.P)"
:p
 
sleepegg.. how do you like your patriot xbl memory?

im thinking about getting a 2x512 XBL pc3200 set.

have you used though?

i am on a mission.. a missing to have my 265fsb with a 1:1

can only do 225 1:1 with my geil. =(
 
you lowered the HTT to x2 and you lowered the NB/SB and SB/NB to x2?!

Why? For a more insane FSB?

I'm rock solid 265FSB with all HTT at x5 including nb/sb.
 
JimmyJamz said:
you lowered the HTT to x2 and you lowered the NB/SB and SB/NB to x2?!

Why? For a more insane FSB?

I'm rock solid 265FSB with all HTT at x5 including nb/sb.

Just to be safe. It doesnt matter, you can set it to 1x and get the same performance, the HTT speed means nothing.
 
HTT means nothing?

Not according to this slut I know named Sandra.

I would never want to run any of those at x1.

That's Ludacris, and he sucks.
 
I should clarify and state that I am running a 133 memory divider with a 265fsb.

With that, I have everything set to x5, and mutli of x10.

If I set to x1 my bandwidth drops tremendously and my rig sucks.

SO... maybe if you are running 1:1 fsb/mem then lower htt is mandatory, but certainly not for me.
 
I think D was exaggerating about the HT multi, but it doesn't mean a whole lot.
JimmyJamz said:
sleepegg.. how do you like your patriot xbl memory?
I'll let you know when they get back from RMA. :p I got them for a good price on the forums - looks like I know why. They spit out errors on two different board. Hope I get some good sticks with their new spreaders! All of the reviews are glowing and even buying them at retail is a good price.
 
sleep - thanks for that info.

so you bought them used, but patriot took them back anyways under their "lifetime warranty" ?

Did the forumite who sold them help out, or??? I am tempted to buy used ram on ebay, but would rather pay the extra money and get new shit from egg or whatever.

BTW ... are there no more sammy tccd's being made?! i thought they were all over the place/

apparently.. the ticket with ram for a64 s having those tccd chips in there.

my entire goal is to have a 265 fsb with a 1:1 .. that's it... i will pay $150 for 1gb of ram if i knew for a fact it would allow me to do so and be prime stable.
 
I've been working with the author of SpeedFan and he has added smbus support for the nvidia 410 chip now, so it reads a couple more temp sensors that I am not sure are real or getting false readings.

If you register, you can download the beta 6
http://www.almico.com/sfbetaprogram.php
He could probably use alot more feedback.
I am unable to get the PMW fan control working through his program even though the tforce supposedly supports it, maybe others will have more luck. I also cannot get fan feedback on rpm's for the 3rd and 4th connector on the mobo so I am wondering if Biostar even wired them through the sensor chip/smbus. The vdimm readout is also not seemingly supported through the sensor chip even though we can read it in the post diagnostic. I sure wish Biostar/nvidia was more cooperative.
 
The Biostar windows overclocking thing doesnt work for me... just gives me a "O is not a valid integer" popup every second or so...

Any ideas how to cure it? This board is about 2 hours from the bin....

Dubz
 
PJ's, i'd love to, but i can get 285 using windows overclocking, and cannot get a single mhz past 250 in bios....

I've had enough, this board is a POS, gonna pick up the Foxconn and wait for DFI. This chunk of crap can go straight in the bin.
 
Soymilk said:
use clockgen

Not updated yet for 6100/6150 410/430 chipsets unfortunately.

Biostar should be embarassed with the utilities they ship with the tforce.
Absolutely terrible.

So much on the board is completely undocumented and they aren't working with any 3rd party programmers.

I've decided never to be an early adopter again. Should have stuck with a well known nforce4 board. Of course in six months it will all be worked out but we have to deal with it in the meanwhile.
 
Back
Top