• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

One more question all. Is it true the absolute max safe vcore for the sempron 64 is 1.7 v?
 
my current OC..

love this Tforce6100-939 very much.. :D

# BIOSTAR TFORCE6100-939
# KINGSTON HYPERX BH5
# ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU
# FORTRON EPSILON 700W PSU

146_2800_1450_vcore.png
 
actually I don't have any pictures(no access to a digital camera), but I can tell you how its done


Newegg Product Image

Look at the 6th image(the one that shows the harddrive side)
Basicly I took out that harddrive cage, and then took a hack saw and cut off that support bar that runs underneath it. I installed my harddrive in the 3.5" bay instead. Structurally its weakened, and when you try to use the handles that side of the case starts to give way a bit. Since I didn't trust the handles before I removed that support bar, and I definately don't trust the handles afterwards I just removed them.
 
I would have loved to have seen a pic live...

I c wat ur saying though. Would the placement o the Biostar cpu area allow it? I just can't see it. There is a PSU there but I wouldn't know... I have an SI 120 and that 4 dure won't fit.

If i get Preslers and then.. Conroe maybe I'll try it... I doubt a Zalman 7700 would be enough for an OC.
 
MC FLMJIG said:
I would have loved to have seen a pic live...

I c wat ur saying though. Would the placement o the Biostar cpu area allow it? I just can't see it. There is a PSU there but I wouldn't know... I have an SI 120 and that 4 dure won't fit.

If i get Preslers and then.. Conroe maybe I'll try it... I doubt a Zalman 7700 would be enough for an OC.

Yes It will fit, I have fit a 120mm shroud with room to spare after cutting out the bracket
 
MC FLMJIG said:
I would have loved to have seen a pic live...

I c wat ur saying though. Would the placement o the Biostar cpu area allow it? I just can't see it. There is a PSU there but I wouldn't know... I have an SI 120 and that 4 dure won't fit.

If i get Preslers and then.. Conroe maybe I'll try it... I doubt a Zalman 7700 would be enough for an OC.
Yeah it fits, the powersupply clears the xp-120 + fan.
 
HI Guys,I am new to this forum and would just like to thank you all,I can't believe how much I've learned from you guys in such a short time,I knew nothing of overclocking just a few weeks ago_Ok here it goes,I've got the TforceSLI Board running a athlon64 3200,I have it at 270 x 10 with the HTT set to 4x, I would like to set the the HTT to 3x and overclock further,But just like the 6100-939 board the HTT is locked at 4x, You guys have ben talking about a mod bios for the 6100-939 is there a mod bios for the TforceSLI so I can drop the HTT to 3x, If not can 1 of you guys mod one for this board thx guys.
 
tiger6400 said:
HI Guys,I am new to this forum and would just like to thank you all,I can't believe how much I've learned from you guys in such a short time,I knew nothing of overclocking just a few weeks ago_Ok here it goes,I've got the TforceSLI Board running a athlon64 3200,I have it at 270 x 10 with the HTT set to 4x, I would like to set the the HTT to 3x and overclock further,But just like the 6100-939 board the HTT is locked at 4x, You guys have ben talking about a mod bios for the 6100-939 is there a mod bios for the TforceSLI so I can drop the HTT to 3x, If not can 1 of you guys mod one for this board thx guys.

erm, the 6100 939 isn't locked at 3 :confused: you have to set it in the overclocking section and also in advanced chipset features
 
I guess I should have said it used to be locked.They have fixed this with new bios from what I have read.I have solved the problem I reflashed my bios and all is well.I can now use HTT at 3x later.
 
Looks like im topped out with this athlon 3200,I'm running stable at 271 x 10 @ 1.55v can't do anymore no matter what volts I throw at it and be stable with Prim95.I would like to hit 3ghz,So I am looking at the Opteron 146 Venus,Heat is not an issue I have plenty of fans and a very large thermaltake heatsink,So do you guys think it is possible with this Tforcesli board?
 
I have been Priming a Opteron 144 at 325x9 = 2930 on my second Tforce6100-939 for a few hours this morning. Voltage is at 1.44v. Look like I got a good board.

BTW, the stepping for the Opty 144 is cacje 0602gpmw.
 
buzzly said:
I have been Priming a Opteron 144 at 325x9 = 2930 on my second Tforce6100-939 for a few hours this morning. Voltage is at 1.44v. Look like I got a good board.

BTW, the stepping for the Opty 144 is cacje 0602gpmw.

Nice OC Buzzly. I like that low voltage keep me informed please would like to know if it will hit 3ghz stable with prim95.I was thinking about the Opti 146 but if the 144 can get there I would buy that one less money can't beat that.
 
Opteron 144 - CAB2E 0602GPAW :D

testing rig
# BIOSTAR TFORCE6100-939
# KINGSTON HYPERX BH5
# ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU
# FORTRON EPSILON 700W PSU

144_cab2e_0602_gpaw.jpg


144_cab2e_0602_gpaw_2800.png
 
Not sure if this will help anyone, but I think I found an odd quirk with being able to POST (and maybe boot windows) at a high HTT (at least with the Tforce-939). Try keeping the init-first-display(or something like that) setting in the bios to the default 'PCI' and don't change it to PCI-exp or onboard. This actually helped me post and boot at 335, when before I could only get around 310. BTW, I'm using the latest 127 bios and an Opteron 144.
 
Hey all,


I have a Biostar TForce 6100-939 that I bought in December. I think it had a BIOS from like July of '05 on it, so I flashed it with the newest at the time. I used their auto OC program, but I can only run V6 and V8, V12 causes instability. I have an AMD64 3200+ Venice 2.0Ghz. I've heard that this CPU can do more than 2.7Ghz :eek: . I'd like to see if it can do that, but I have a few problems. I just flashed my board with the CU51M306.BST BIOS, and I'm still having problems.


Here is my condition.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/568/img12630ow.jpg

That is maximum setting that my computer will still boot. It will boot with higher settings, but only AFTER S.R.S has reloaded the BIOS settings and set them back to default. I've heard of people getting 292 clocks... my thought is, :confused: wtf?! Why wont my mobo get that? I've tried going higher with the SB and NB at 4x, it doesn't work. I've tried it at 3x, it still doesn't work. I'd love to get this worked out before I invest in an Opteron, because the board is useless to me if I can't OC the Opteron. Thanks for the help.
 
Hmm, make sure you drop the upstream and downsteam both in the oc menu and in advanced chipset menu to 3. Also, drop your ram divider to 133 (to eliminate ram as a variable). Get back to us after trying that.
 
sabrewolf732 said:
Hmm, make sure you drop the upstream and downsteam both in the oc menu and in advanced chipset menu to 3. Also, drop your ram divider to 133 (to eliminate ram as a variable). Get back to us after trying that.


Forgot to add that. The chipset is at 3x. ram divider 133? I thought it was 133 already.
 
My Crap powersupply drops to 11.65 at high OC's. o.=.O Thats whats been limiting my OC the whole time, I have a weak 12v rail and my cpu isn't getting enough power. I'm going to spend a good 80 bucks on a Kick ass Ultra powersupply with dual rails. I'll put a 500Watter in this baby with dual rails. If you don't have a expencive powersupply with low amps at 20A in the 12v then it sucks bad. Maybe some ppl here are having that prob, CPU needs more Amps. If your voltage in your rail drops to or below 11.65 it is very unstable. My PSU will have atleast 35A/40A amps in dual 12v rails.

I have reached very nice 350+HT in my OC's check sig. Highest HT OC i ever reached was 390 before my PSU supplyed about 11.45v in the rail then afew sec's my system cut off. No errors, no freazes nothing... yes this isn't the limit of my cpu all along. With a new PSU I'll reach 3ghz stable. I can reach bloody 2980mhz... no errors, passed 2.81ghz most of the time power just cuts off after that, all stable 24/7 at 2.8Ggz o_O. Sometimes I get lucky and reach about 3ghz. Depends if its not stressing the cpu cus as soon as it goes to ateast 25% power cuts off for no reason. Could run 2980 all day only as long as the power doesn't drop in the 12v rail. Bastard powersupply was the bugger all along each time I monitor that now. My god, but at the time all I could get was a cheap 350watt PSU. >__> Time to change that... XD

I'll try the new bios soon that just came out ver 300 it was. They added new memory timmings that take it upto 17.
 
Ok, I did some messing around in BIOS. It appears the top setting at which my computer will still properly post at is 255 x 10. The HTT is at 3x, as well as the NB and SB (at 3x). I've disabled the CPU spread spectrum, it was on center. My Mobo has the first 3 status LEDs on when I'm at 260. I looked that up in the manual, and it says that when 'LED_D1' is off, and 'LED_D2' is on, that means a VGA error. My thinking is wtf? I have an XFX 6600GT SLi card (running solo) and my PCIe clock is 100Mhz... not OCed at all. Anyway, I think I'm going to email Biostar about this. Major problem with the board. I heard some people emailed them about getting BIOS updates, can you give me the email address you sent it too? (At Biostar).
 
Ice_Wewe said:
Hey all,

"I have a Biostar TForce 6100-939 that I bought in December. I think it had a BIOS from like July of '05 on it, so I flashed it with the newest at the time. I used their auto OC program, but I can only run V6 and V8, V12 causes instability. I have an AMD64 3200+ Venice 2.0Ghz. I've heard that this CPU can do more than 2.7Ghz :eek: . I'd like to see if it can do that, but I have a few problems. I just flashed my board with the CU51M306.BST BIOS, and I'm still having problems."


It's not guaranteed that your processor will hit 2.7 Ghz. It will depend on the processor stepping that you have. Be careful with the auto OC program. I have the skt 754 version and the V12 setting pumped >1.7 volts (!!!) through the processor. I shut that down as soon as I could and fortunately, my processor (E6 Sempron 2800+) is ok. It's priming at 300x8 at 1.45v right now.
 
Serge84 said:
My Crap powersupply drops to 11.65 at high OC's. o.=.O Thats whats been limiting my OC the whole time, I have a weak 12v rail and my cpu isn't getting enough power. I'm going to spend a good 80 bucks on a Kick ass Ultra powersupply with dual rails. I'll put a 500Watter in this baby with dual rails. If you don't have a expencive powersupply with low amps at 20A in the 12v then it sucks bad. Maybe some ppl here are having that prob, CPU needs more Amps. If your voltage in your rail drops to or below 11.65 it is very unstable. My PSU will have atleast 35A/40A amps in dual 12v rails.

I have reached very nice 350+HT in my OC's check sig. Highest HT OC i ever reached was 390 before my PSU supplyed about 11.45v in the rail then afew sec's my system cut off. No errors, no freazes nothing... yes this isn't the limit of my cpu all along. With a new PSU I'll reach 3ghz stable. I can reach bloody 2980mhz... no errors, passed 2.81ghz most of the time power just cuts off after that, all stable 24/7 at 2.8Ggz o_O. Sometimes I get lucky and reach about 3ghz. Depends if its not stressing the cpu cus as soon as it goes to ateast 25% power cuts off for no reason. Could run 2980 all day only as long as the power doesn't drop in the 12v rail. Bastard powersupply was the bugger all along each time I monitor that now. My god, but at the time all I could get was a cheap 350watt PSU. >__> Time to change that... XD

I'll try the new bios soon that just came out ver 300 it was. They added new memory timmings that take it upto 17.


erm you measuring with a multi meter?
 
Ice_Wewe said:
Hey all,


I have a Biostar TForce 6100-939 that I bought in December. I think it had a BIOS from like July of '05 on it, so I flashed it with the newest at the time. I used their auto OC program, but I can only run V6 and V8, V12 causes instability. I have an AMD64 3200+ Venice 2.0Ghz. I've heard that this CPU can do more than 2.7Ghz :eek: . I'd like to see if it can do that, but I have a few problems. I just flashed my board with the CU51M306.BST BIOS, and I'm still having problems.


Here is my condition.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/568/img12630ow.jpg

That is maximum setting that my computer will still boot. It will boot with higher settings, but only AFTER S.R.S has reloaded the BIOS settings and set them back to default. I've heard of people getting 292 clocks... my thought is, :confused: wtf?! Why wont my mobo get that? I've tried going higher with the SB and NB at 4x, it doesn't work. I've tried it at 3x, it still doesn't work. I'd love to get this worked out before I invest in an Opteron, because the board is useless to me if I can't OC the Opteron. Thanks for the help.

It still looks like you have an old Bios. You say you flashed it in December. The latest Bios for that board is 3/7/2006 You can find it here http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/products/socket 939/tforce6100-939/product_details.php and you might want to check to see if you have the latest chipset drivers also, Don't forget to uninstall your Graphic driver first if you install new chipset drivers,Good luck let us know how it works out.
 
tiger6400 said:
It still looks like you have an old Bios. You say you flashed it in December. The latest Bios for that board is 3/7/2006 You can find it here http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/products/socket 939/tforce6100-939/product_details.php and you might want to check to see if you have the latest chipset drivers also, Don't forget to uninstall your Graphic driver first if you install new chipset drivers,Good luck let us know how it works out.


I flashed it when I got it. I flashed it with the 3/7/2006 yesterday. No change.

In Linux, it doesn't matter what order you install the chipset/video driver. You cannot uninstall.
 
drteming said:
Ice_Wewe said:
Hey all,

"I have a Biostar TForce 6100-939 that I bought in December. I think it had a BIOS from like July of '05 on it, so I flashed it with the newest at the time. I used their auto OC program, but I can only run V6 and V8, V12 causes instability. I have an AMD64 3200+ Venice 2.0Ghz. I've heard that this CPU can do more than 2.7Ghz :eek: . I'd like to see if it can do that, but I have a few problems. I just flashed my board with the CU51M306.BST BIOS, and I'm still having problems."


It's not guaranteed that your processor will hit 2.7 Ghz. It will depend on the processor stepping that you have. Be careful with the auto OC program. I have the skt 754 version and the V12 setting pumped >1.7 volts (!!!) through the processor. I shut that down as soon as I could and fortunately, my processor (E6 Sempron 2800+) is ok. It's priming at 300x8 at 1.45v right now.


Yes, my system becomes unstable when running the V12 program. The V8 program on the December BIOS ran my CPU at 1.6x volts, the 3/7/2006 BIOS with the V8 program, runs it at 1.52V. Just proving, once again, that Biostar has no clue on what settings are approate when overclocking.

And yes, my CPU is a Venice core, which has time and time again, has hit above and beyond 2.7Ghz. I'm running it at 2.4Ghz right now. I still feel it's not meeting it's full potential.

Also, could someone please give me a time frame for when AMD is going to discontinue the Opteron 1xx line? I did some googling, and found some people talking about it, but I don't have any dates. Even if it's a guess, that'd be great. I'm planning on replacing my 3200+ with a Opteron 165.

Biostar doesn't say this board supports and Opteron CPUs, anyone have an Opteron working on a TForce 6100-939?

EDIT #1:

I don't know the stepping on my CPU. I neglected to take a picture of it before I installed it.

EDIT #2:

Ok, CPUZ reports it as...

AMD Athlon64

Venice Core (Brand ID 4)

Family F
Model F
Stepping 0
Ext. Family F
Ext. Model 2F
Revision DH-E3

Instructions:
MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Ok... and if that didn't give you enough data, here is a picture of CPUZ.

cpuz19fr.png


:cool:
 
Ice Wewe - The board supports the Opteron fine (see my sig)

As Serge84 mentioned a strong power supply is needed for overclocking. Look more at the amps of the 12v rail then the overall watts. Not sure if this may help some, but on my perticular overclock the K8 > NB is at 16X, but my NB > SB is at 8. It wont post at my current settings unless I lower the northbridge to southbridge Transport.

Tiger6400 - The bios link you posted does show a date of 3/07/06 but if you check the bios file it's still from 1/27 (cu51m127.bst). I downloaded the newest one from the link posted before by JWilson here

There is finally the option to disable the splash screen as well as a couple new memoy options. I did notice my SATA drive now shows up in the bios in the first screen as well as Floppy Controller seems to be gone?
 
Gio said:
Ice Wewe - The board supports the Opteron fine (see my sig)

As Serge84 mentioned a strong power supply is needed for overclocking. Look more at the amps of the 12v rail then the overall watts. Not sure if this may help some, but on my perticular overclock the K8 > NB is at 16X, but my NB > SB is at 8. It wont post at my current settings unless I lower the northbridge to southbridge Transport.

Tiger6400 - The bios link you posted does show a date of 3/07/06 but if you check the bios file it's still from 1/27 (cu51m127.bst). I downloaded the newest one from the link posted before by JWilson here

There is finally the option to disable the splash screen as well as a couple new memoy options. I did notice my SATA drive now shows up in the bios in the first screen as well as Floppy Controller seems to be gone?


I do not know the amp rating for the 12V rail. All I know is that my 2.0 OCed to 2.4Ghz runs the PSU 12.84V idle, 12.78V full load. My P4 ran this power supply much the same. This is a 450W power supply, and the P4 draws 75W idle, so I don't think that power is that much of an issue.
 
Ice wewe I'm running the athlon64 3200 venice right now at 270 x 10 = 2.7ghz.@1.55V the only difference that I can see is that I'm running a HT Frequency at 4x and I don't have that watch dog setting I'm running the Tforcesli board.From what I've read the Opteron runs just fine.I would't run that v12 in bios sets the volts way to high I would leave it to manual.what do you have for memory?Do you have them in the right slots.For dual chan.They should be in slot 1 and slot 3 or in slot 2 and 4 same colored slots if so try loosening the timing a little bit maybe start with 2.5.4.4.10.
 
tiger6400 said:
Ice wewe I'm running the athlon64 3200 venice right mow at 270 x 10 = 2.7ghz.@1.55V the only difference that I can see is that I'm running a HT Frequency at 4x and I don't have that watch dog setting I'm running the Tforcesli board.From what I've read the Opteron runs just fine.I would't run that v12 in bios sets the volts way to high I would leave it to manual.what do you have for memory?Do you have them in the right slots.For dual chan.They should be in slot 1 and slot 3 or in slot 2 and 4 same colored slots if so try loosening the timing a little bit maybe start with 2.5.4.4.10.


I don't have dual channel. I'm running a single 1GB stick in slot DIMMA1.
 
Whats the timing on the memory?You might want to drop the volts to your memory back down to spec. I see you have it at 2.8 it might not like that high of a voltage.
 
Gio said:
Ice Wewe - The board supports the Opteron fine (see my sig)

As Serge84 mentioned a strong power supply is needed for overclocking. Look more at the amps of the 12v rail then the overall watts. Not sure if this may help some, but on my perticular overclock the K8 > NB is at 16X, but my NB > SB is at 8. It wont post at my current settings unless I lower the northbridge to southbridge Transport.

Tiger6400 - The bios link you posted does show a date of 3/07/06 but if you check the bios file it's still from 1/27 (cu51m127.bst). I downloaded the newest one from the link posted before by JWilson here

There is finally the option to disable the splash screen as well as a couple new memoy options. I did notice my SATA drive now shows up in the bios in the first screen as well as Floppy Controller seems to be gone?

Yes yes, and I'm getting one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817148008
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817152025

One is single and another is dual 12v railed, I think I'll go with the aspire. Not sure whats up with the reviewer saying about a powersupply effected my your OCing when its that strong of one. Anyways what would you all pic? Think i would have the same prob with that RAIDMAX? Or any others that maybe better?
 
Serge84 said:
Yes yes, and I'm getting one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817148008
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817152025

One is single and another is dual 12v railed, I think I'll go with the aspire. Not sure whats up with the reviewer saying about a powersupply effected my your OCing when its that strong of one. Anyways what would you all pic? Think i would have the same prob with that RAIDMAX? Or any others that maybe better?

Edit:Hmph a perfessional reviewer said this Raidmax was pritty damn good for OCing.
 
NEITHER!!! YUK!!!

There is an Enermax Dual with 485w + is a reputable co instead of the raid.

If you want cheap and good? I have an XCLIO 500w Goodpower dual. Great for the price.

Also
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101518

AMS Mercury
Antec
Enermax
Fortron
OCZ
Pc Power and Cooling
Seasonic
Silverstone
Epower (Tagan)
Topower
TTGI/Superflower
Ultra (X-Fintiy, X-Connect)
Vantec
X-Clio
Zalman
Zippy/Emacs

Usually good companies.
 
Back
Top