• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

How do you figure out if you PSU or Memory is holding you back from OCing. I just tried the auto OC method on the TForce 754 board and received the blue screen.
 
If it is a PSU problem, monitor the voltage line with speedfan and see if it is relatively flat at 12V, if it is really bad, the computer will reboot on you under load.

For memory the symptoms have a little more gray area. It could be not being able to post, errors in memtest or prime95 large ffts. The best I think is to turn the CPU multi down, and crank up the memory divider and slowly increase the fsb then you'll get your memory limit.

there really isn't anything "auto" about the biostar auto overclocking options. they are basically just 'generic' preset BIOS settings from the people at Biostar. It has no way to detect what is in your system, and how much it can safely overclock. I would recommend not using the auto oc feature and do it the old-fashioned way.
 
cherrypik said:
How do you figure out if you PSU or Memory is holding you back from OCing. I just tried the auto OC method on the TForce 754 board and received the blue screen.
Don't use auto oc. uninstall it use the bios mr busta is correct ;)
 
I'm kinda pissed. Just got my Tforce 6100 and the NIC/LAN works as fast as a juiced up modem. Grrr. Have to go out and buy a card. :(

Will try OC soon.
 
Does the Tforce6100-754 take any mobile CPU - Turion or Mobile Sempron??? I read it from a Japanese site saying GeForce 6100-M7 does not accept Turion. Should I assume Tforce6100 won't accept mobile CPU too?
 
A review over newegg.com said (today)

In Regards to Bad NIC (Driver Issue, not Hardware)

Pros: Board works great, everyone please update your drivers by downloading the newest ones on nVidia's website....

Cons: Update your drivers, its not the hardware, its nVidia's drivers.

=====================================================
MC FLMJIG said:
I'm kinda pissed. Just got my Tforce 6100 and the NIC/LAN works as fast as a juiced up modem. Grrr. Have to go out and buy a card. :(

Will try OC soon.
 
buzzly said:
A review over newegg.com said (today)

In Regards to Bad NIC (Driver Issue, not Hardware)

Pros: Board works great, everyone please update your drivers by downloading the newest ones on nVidia's website....

Cons: Update your drivers, its not the hardware, its nVidia's drivers.

=====================================================
So what leads you to believe it's a driver issue rather than hardware? The review? I would take a review off of Newegg with a grain of salt since they tend to be extremely biased. I happen to have the latest NVidia 410 drivers and my NIC sucks.

You need to realize with the flaky HTT and the constant vcore fluctuations that having the NIC being defective also seems very logical. You could be right, but I would vote against you since I am already running the latest drivers and the NIC still sucks.
 
Smoove910 said:
So what leads you to believe it's a driver issue rather than hardware? The review? I would take a review off of Newegg with a grain of salt since they tend to be extremely biased. I happen to have the latest NVidia 410 drivers and my NIC sucks.

You need to realize with the flaky HTT and the constant vcore fluctuations that having the NIC being defective also seems very logical. You could be right, but I would vote against you since I am already running the latest drivers and the NIC still sucks.

the htt is not flaky if done right, it's more than just setting the htt
 
Tried 3 different drivers and none worked. I'm also having trouble finding audio drivers. Right now I'm at 270 FSB but unstable. Have to c what it is. Don't have a clue yet.

HTT 271
HT Link 3
V 1.4
VDIMM 2.6 grrrr I need that .5 but reading 2.64ish in Bios
Ram 1T
200MHZ = no divider
Missing anything?
 
Did I say that I have found the cause of the NIC problem and presented it as the only true? No. I just cut and paste a reviewer's comment and shared it here. I did not add any of my view or option because I didn't have one. :confused:


Smoove910 said:
So what leads you to believe it's a driver issue rather than hardware? The review? I would take a review off of Newegg with a grain of salt since they tend to be extremely biased. I happen to have the latest NVidia 410 drivers and my NIC sucks.

You need to realize with the flaky HTT and the constant vcore fluctuations that having the NIC being defective also seems very logical. You could be right, but I would vote against you since I am already running the latest drivers and the NIC still sucks.
 
Can't help you with the NIC problem, but this is the only way I know to install the audio controller driver ( I've tried nvidia's audio driver, Realtek's latest Realtek ALC655 driver. None worked)

Basically I forced a drvier update process and installed the Realtek AC'97 bundled in the OS.

From Device Manager

Multimedia Audio Controller
Update Driver --. Don't search "No, not this time ->
Install from a list or specific location
Don't search, I will choose the driver to install
Sound, Video and game controllers
Realtek (manufacturer)

then realtek AC'97 Audio (just pick the frist one).
next
Skip the "driver is not recommended" warning msg.

you are done.


MC FLMJIG said:
Tried 3 different drivers and none worked. I'm also having trouble finding audio drivers. Right now I'm at 270 FSB but unstable. Have to c what it is. Don't have a clue yet.

HTT 271
HT Link 3
V 1.4
VDIMM 2.6 grrrr I need that .5 but reading 2.64ish in Bios
Ram 1T
200MHZ = no divider
Missing anything?
 
MC FLMJIG said:
Tried 3 different drivers and none worked. I'm also having trouble finding audio drivers. Right now I'm at 270 FSB but unstable. Have to c what it is. Don't have a clue yet.

HTT 271
HT Link 3
V 1.4
VDIMM 2.6 grrrr I need that .5 but reading 2.64ish in Bios
Ram 1T
200MHZ = no divider
Missing anything?

make sure you set the ht link in 3 places. In advanced chipset you have to set it for up and down too, as for the audio, the driver on the cd is working fine for me, the quality of the sound is shitty so Ill stick to my fortissimo :eek:
 
I put the ram at 2T, but rather not, and SUPERP1 32 stable.

Let me c if that works while 1T
 
.YAY got my Zalman 9500 workin good.....BUT mI got my SATAII drive and CD-ROM hooked up BUT my computer REFUSES to boot from CD-ROM.......i've check driver, bios settins, first boot........but get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND ENTER" error.............i'm trying to install Windows XP on it..........soo anyone know whats wrong?
 
matrx10503 said:
.YAY got my Zalman 9500 workin good.....BUT mI got my SATAII drive and CD-ROM hooked up BUT my computer REFUSES to boot from CD-ROM.......i've check driver, bios settins, first boot........but get a "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND ENTER" error.............i'm trying to install Windows XP on it..........soo anyone know whats wrong?
Do you have the cable plugged into the right port on the motherboard?
 
A few questions if you guys dont mind.

First, using the Windows overclocking utlity I can get my Sempron 64 3000+ to 2646 mhz. (294 x 9) and benchmark all day with Prime 95, Aquamark and 3D Mark. In the bios, I can use the Auto OC v12 setting but that only gets it to 2250 mhz. But when I try to OC in the bios manually I cant even get it to the 2250 point. I raised the cpu voltage to a little past what the windows utility used to get it to over 2600 mhz. Im new to socket 754\939 overclocking obviously. What am I not doing that I shoud be doing?

Also, does the 754 version of this board support key board power on? I enabled it in the bios but I cant locate the MoBo jumper.

Last, can I get rid of the Biostar splash screen on boot up?

Thanks much guys.

David
 
davemm said:
A few questions if you guys dont mind.

First, using the Windows overclocking utlity I can get my Sempron 64 3000+ to 2646 mhz. (294 x 9) and benchmark all day with Prime 95, Aquamark and 3D Mark. In the bios, I can use the Auto OC v12 setting but that only gets it to 2250 mhz. But when I try to OC in the bios manually I cant even get it to the 2250 point. I raised the cpu voltage to a little past what the windows utility used to get it to over 2600 mhz. Im new to socket 754\939 overclocking obviously. What am I not doing that I shoud be doing?

Also, does the 754 version of this board support key board power on? I enabled it in the bios but I cant locate the MoBo jumper.

Last, can I get rid of the Biostar splash screen on boot up?

Thanks much guys.

David

In bios, are you only altering the htt?
 
Repeat my question.

buzzly said:
Does the Tforce6100-754 take any mobile CPU - Turion or Mobile Sempron??? I read it from a Japanese site saying GeForce 6100-M7 does not accept Turion. Should I assume Tforce6100 won't accept mobile CPU too?
 
With the socket 754 non m version I can get to only 268 FSB stable. I'm using a 2800+ with a mix of corsair value select cs 2.5 and Patriot Signature cs 2.5.

I suppose 268 is probably average over the course of all 35 pages I have read.

I guess memory is not my problem because I can go to 133mhz or 100mhz with no improvement.

I have tried raising and lowering the voltage slightly.

The only thing I haven't touched are the memory timings. I've simply left it at auto. But like I said I don't see how that would make a difference.

Perhaps placing active cooling on the north and south bridge really is the answer.
 
sabrewolf732 said:
In bios, are you only altering the htt?

Yes, but only makes it to about 220 if I do it manually in the bios, and lowered the mem clock.
 
davemm said:
Yes, but only makes it to about 220 if I do it manually in the bios, and lowered the mem clock.

you have to decrease the htt multi as well, both in overclocking menu and in advanced chipset
 
ChesterC said:
With the socket 754 non m version I can get to only 268 FSB stable. I'm using a 2800+ with a mix of corsair value select cs 2.5 and Patriot Signature cs 2.5.

I suppose 268 is probably average over the course of all 35 pages I have read.

I guess memory is not my problem because I can go to 133mhz or 100mhz with no improvement.

I have tried raising and lowering the voltage slightly.

The only thing I haven't touched are the memory timings. I've simply left it at auto. But like I said I don't see how that would make a difference.

Perhaps placing active cooling on the north and south bridge really is the answer.

Have you gone through this yet?
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027479689&postcount=2
 
Okay, first sorry for not reading the whole thread but it's eighteen pages long and I'm just asking a simple (well I hope it is) question.

I'm in desperate need of a new mobo (currently socket A) and I'm considering going s754 with a 2800+ Sempron. I'm looking to OC it and I want to get a Matx mobo for possible use in an Aria so I've been looking at the 6100 TForce.

Would it be a good choice for the situation I've outlined above? If so is there anyone wanting to sell theirs? :D
 
CrimandEvil said:
Okay, first sorry for not reading the whole thread but it's eighteen pages long and I'm just asking a simple (well I hope it is) question.

I'm in desperate need of a new mobo (currently socket A) and I'm considering going s754 with a 2800+ Sempron. I'm looking to OC it and I want to get a Matx mobo for possible use in an Aria so I've been looking at the 6100 TForce.

Would it be a good choice for the situation I've outlined above? If so is there anyone wanting to sell theirs? :D
754 tforce is perfect for ocing.
 
sabrewolf732 said:
you have to decrease the htt multi as well, both in overclocking menu and in advanced chipset

I did that sabrewolf. I will tell you where I am now.

As I said earlier, in windows, regardless of if I use Clockgen or the Biostar utility I can get to over 2600 mhz when I boot the system using the v12 preset in the bios.

Here is what I did in the bios:

Set HTT to 2x in advanced and OC menu
dropped ram to 133 and 100 and tried both.
Boosted cpu voltage to 1.55.
Boosted ram to 1.7 volts

Keep in mind I tried any and all combinations in between with the above settings.

Anything 233 and up fails, yet the highest overclock preset boots at 2250 mhz at 250 x 9. But if I try those same settings manually it fails, as does anything above 233.

Any ideas at all guys?

David
 


Had to bump up the V on the cpu for it to be stable. I have it @1.45 but it registers around 1.39-1.42.

The OC utility IS worthless. Don't bother.
 
Setting up system with components that are knwon to work in other systems.

Motherboard is Tforce 6100-939 A01 Ver:1.0

When you power it on the CPU fan spins and the power LED lights. That is it. The four red LEDs on the board light up like

OFF OFF ON ON

I have tried different CPU, both Opterons - could that be the problem?
Two different types of RAM, bh-5 and OCZ 4200 EL, both one stick and both sticks in al slots.
Tried with PCI-E graphics card and on board graphics.
With hard drive and CD-rom disconnecfed - both IDE.
Havent tried a different PSU - this is a new FSP ZEN silent 300W - has the 24 pin power connector. More than enough for this computer. I have a older 20pin PSU I could try if you think this may be problem.
I had USB and front pane connectors plugged in, those have been removed.

Any ideas?

Bios might not support Opterons?

Thanks
 
sabrewolf732 said:
latest bios?


Yep, the 02\07 bios.

If that v12 preset in the bios can get it running so smoothly at 250 x 9, but I can only get to 232 x9, then it is adjusting something I am missing.

David
 
If I remember correctly setting it to the V-12 auto-overclock boosts your vcore up to high levels... Keep an eye on that!!
 
Smoove910 said:
If I remember correctly setting it to the V-12 auto-overclock boosts your vcore up to high levels... Keep an eye on that!!

Yea that was the first thing I looked at in cpu-z and the Biostar utility Smoove910. It had the vcore at 1.5. Not an insane setting. From there I could take it to over 2600 in Windows with either Clockgen or the Biostar oc utility.

Dave
 
02-07 Bios???

CU51M127.BST 1/27/06 Corrected an I/O resource range error under Windows. With Biostar splash screen.

That's the latest one I c on there website.
 
Back
Top