• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Hey Serge84. Like I've said, I am new here. And all I want here is to learn and to share. I was just pointing out to P-dub that his HTL setting is out of spec. I have never remotely said with authority that his HTL setting limits his overclocking. I used my own system as an example. That was just one data point. After all, the whole idea of overclocking is to get “out of spec” level performance while not exceeding that particular interconnected chain of components’ actual limits.

Yes, you have been bragging about you super Sempron rig all over different forums. Good for you. I, as well as others, don’t need to see more of your evident. Good day.


Serge84 said:
Sorry about that. Well I'll set my htt Way out of spec again since I'm doing a burn in, I could do this too. I'll run this prime stable overnight just like I have with my sempron. I can get high hyper transport with my athlon way more then what I got with my sempron. Cus the HTT limited my HT. I'll post something in the next 24 hours.
 
People what's the fuss about having a super high HTT speed? It makes no noticeable difference in benchmarks or any other application. Better to just leave it in spec, you are stressing components for no real gain.
 
Hey guys, been following this thread for a while now.. just signed up, so I figured I would post my experience..

so far the board has been good to me, it is the orange slotted one with the sticker.

-max bootable HTT for me has been 312 since day one... tried 3 different Opties in it, and they all hit a wall there with x4 thru x10 multis. Same story with the different BIOS's.
-the above HTT was reached before and after watercooling the chipset, was hoping for some more when it was under water.
-no probs with the NIC so far(knock on wood)
-I have been having an issue with some new memory I picked up: DDR500 OCZ XTC 2x1GB kit.. I can run them @260mhz 1:1 with the proc, but when I try to use a divider at or above 2.8ghz, the only thing that works is the 100 divider. Kinda sucks, I pull out a stick and my 146 can do 3120mhz(max of the board)@1.5v but my mem is running at 150mhz!?!? kinda sucks.. I've tried relaxing mem timings, changing voltages, etc.. to no avail..

I would love to see a higher HTT on this board, I have a CABNE 144 just itching to see 3GHZ+.. I have not tried to new BIOS's yet, but I may have to give em a whirl..

Edited to add sig.
 
Update on my experience of the M127 bios.

After changing from a Geil One mem kit that wouldn't work above 265, i changed back to a Gskill 4800 FF mem kit and i'm at the moment 1:1 at 300 (FINALLY!!!!!). Obviously i must use clockgen because i can't boot over 260, so i boot at 250 and then use Clockgen.

The vcore bios setting in this bios is all screwed up, when i select 1.55v it gives me 1.48v. With the A12 bios i didn't have such a big drop.

Nevertheless i have reached my objective that was 1:1 300 2.5-4-4-8 @2.75v

With the B02 bios this Gskill wouldnt work above 265 either.

With the A12 bios i was able to reache 287 but was with a Geil Ultra-X mem kit, and that was the limit of the mems and not the board.
 
Well, the HT is running way out of spec, doesnt really matter though, it wasnt making a difference to the clocks. I put a Vantec Iceberg on the northbridge and that didnt seem to make too much of a difference, i reckon the problems are being caused by the temp of the processor, its sitting in a Sugo and is on the stock HS, memory isnt an issue since i know what that RAM will do when pushed. It was all done for a bit of a giggle and to show that the 754 board is clearly far superior in the overclocking world to the 939 on a regular basis.

I spent about 2 hours with a few mates and a lot of Stella at the lan clocking that rig up, just for fun basically, once i get back from America, i'll be putting it under a cascade, and i'm hoping to hell that it doesnt suffer from the cold bug issues that some of the E6 chips have been doing in the 939 world.... I just wanna see 3ghz and then it can go in the bin as far as i am concerned, it'll prolly get jammed into a server and left until it self detonates, doesnt make much difference to me.

It was all done for giggles, i've been having a few TCCD issues with my SLI-DR and have come to America to pick up some Mushkin Redline to correct that problem. Once i'm back and after its been cascaded, it'll just sit in a server somewhere and maybe get gamed on with my spare 7800GT at LAN's if i can be bothered to take it with meh...
 
Hey could I get some feedback from folks on what the alternate temperature sensor reads for you? It's gotten awefully warm around here and speedfan shows the alt sensor reading 52c now, which I assume is the northbridge chip temp. My cpu is 42c.

At night a few months ago both temps were at least 5c cooler but that makes sense since its 5c warmer outside now I guess.

Still I'd like to compare notes. Try speedfan or the temp program of your choice that actually works on the tforce...
 
-I have been having an issue with some new memory I picked up: DDR500 OCZ XTC 2x1GB kit.. I can run them @260mhz 1:1 with the proc, but when I try to use a divider at or above 2.8ghz, the only thing that works is the 100 divider. Kinda sucks, I pull out a stick and my 146 can do 3120mhz(max of the board)@1.5v but my mem is running at 150mhz!?!? kinda sucks.. I've tried relaxing mem timings, changing voltages, etc.. to no avail..

I'm having simular problems that I've posted to this thread before. Now i'm stuck at 290fsb with 166:200 divider. I can get up to 302fsb using the 166:200 divider but it is not stable. I would be pleased if I could run my mem in DDR500 with divider.

Board can do 331fsb with one ram using dividers but not with two rams even in single channel.
 
vibe said:
Hey could I get some feedback from folks on what the alternate temperature sensor reads for you? It's gotten awefully warm around here and speedfan shows the alt sensor reading 52c now, which I assume is the northbridge chip temp. My cpu is 42c.

At night a few months ago both temps were at least 5c cooler but that makes sense since its 5c warmer outside now I guess.

Still I'd like to compare notes. Try speedfan or the temp program of your choice that actually works on the tforce...

speedfan(in conjunction with OCCT) reported the same temps as the biostar hardware monitor for me. As a matter of fact, MBM also reported the same temps for me..

The only discrepency I have seen between set value and read value is, of course, the vcore set in bios being a bit higher than measured readings in windows..
 
Hey guys, I've been posting around but haven't been able to get a good reply anywhere. I have the biostar 6100-939 matx, and any video and games are messed up. When I turned hardware acceleration off, the videoes work fine, but then the game won't boot because it disabled DX9. I have the latest drivers for chipset and graphics. What could be the problem?
 
I am using SpeedFan 4.28 on the 6100-939. Can someone help me match up the temp. readings with the correct sensors.

What are these tempertures:

Temp 1 127c --- IT8712F chip( never change, assume meaningless)
Temp2 127c --- IT8712F chip (Never change, assume meaningless)
Temp3 28c --- IT8712F chip ( seem to be the CPU???)
Local temp 33c -- LM84 chip (??)
Remote Temp 8c (-- LM84 chip ??)
HD0: 37c (HD temp)
Temp1: 40c -- ACPI chip (??)
 
Actually I tried to point out to the speedfan author several times that the code he added for the tforce smbus is wrong and the smbus is fake on the 410 chipset. All but three of those are fake readings. You'll notice none of the others ever change. The 8c reading is completely off the wall. The code he added also makes speedfan take like a minute to startup also. I actually rolled back to 4.26 because it was so annoying. He still hasn't fixed it.

Temp3, ACPI and Hard Drive are correct.

I realize now I am talking about the ACPI temp being 52c.
Which right now is still 52c and it's a few c cooler now, so I dunno what's going on. It does change but not easily or quickly.

buzzly said:
I am using SpeedFan 4.28 on the 6100-939. Can someone help me match up the temp. readings with the correct sensors.

What are these tempertures:

Temp 1 127c --- IT8712F chip( never change, assume meaningless)
Temp2 127c --- IT8712F chip (Never change, assume meaningless)
Temp3 28c --- IT8712F chip ( seem to be the CPU???)
Local temp 33c -- LM84 chip (??)
Remote Temp 8c (-- LM84 chip ??)
HD0: 37c (HD temp)
Temp1: 40c -- ACPI chip (??)
 
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=74212

This is what happens when you start doing burnins. I only did my 1st burnin for a day. To get the max stability out of my CPU I will do burnins for 2 weeks. I ganed quite abit of speed doing a burnin. It slowly becomes stable at speeds it normaly doesn't run at. About 10mhz a day you can get out of it stable if you doit right. i started at 2530 unstable with default volts. Now I am 100% stable at 2560 for the most part. This is in my next burnin stage to stay on this speed for a day then I'll try 2570.

Burnins can get you from 50mhz to 100mhz speed increases at lower voltage. Depends how long you do them. My fastest clock was 2930mhz before, now its 2980mhz just because I made my cpu more use to the speed. A burnin will get me to its max poteltual at 1.72v, my cpu maybe limited by my voltage won't go upto 1.8v. I still have a big heat issue tho. I can't run the CPU at 100% or it will go passed 65C. But idol its 42C. I must get a better cooler before I can do benches. Thats mostly my limit is heat. I'll buy a better heatsink and fan very soon.

Biostar needs to make a bios that will allow the 1.8v to be used not off by so much. 1.8v = 1.72v is stupid damn bios. All I want is 3Ghz. Just alittle more volts and it would allow that. But this burnin may doit for me otherwise. If I could only run my CPU cooler it would also be more stable. >.> I'm going for copper and heatpipes and crazy 92mm fans that can do atleast 100 airflow to put on my new heatsink. ma hahahaha.
 
Finally i have reached my major goal that was to get 1:1 @300. I'M THERE!!!!!

In reality i'm at 303 already so from now on it's all bonus.
 
Serge84 said:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=74212

This is what happens when you start doing burnins. I only did my 1st burnin for a day. To get the max stability out of my CPU I will do burnins for 2 weeks. I ganed quite abit of speed doing a burnin. It slowly becomes stable at speeds it normaly doesn't run at. About 10mhz a day you can get out of it stable if you doit right. i started at 2530 unstable with default volts. Now I am 100% stable at 2560 for the most part. This is in my next burnin stage to stay on this speed for a day then I'll try 2570.

Burnins can get you from 50mhz to 100mhz speed increases at lower voltage. Depends how long you do them. My fastest clock was 2930mhz before, now its 2980mhz just because I made my cpu more use to the speed. A burnin will get me to its max poteltual at 1.72v, my cpu maybe limited by my voltage won't go upto 1.8v. I still have a big heat issue tho. I can't run the CPU at 100% or it will go passed 65C. But idol its 42C. I must get a better cooler before I can do benches. Thats mostly my limit is heat. I'll buy a better heatsink and fan very soon.

Biostar needs to make a bios that will allow the 1.8v to be used not off by so much. 1.8v = 1.72v is stupid damn bios. All I want is 3Ghz. Just alittle more volts and it would allow that. But this burnin may doit for me otherwise. If I could only run my CPU cooler it would also be more stable. >.> I'm going for copper and heatpipes and crazy 92mm fans that can do atleast 100 airflow to put on my new heatsink. ma hahahaha.

1.8v is ALOT, wayyy too much for 90nm stuff. 1.7 is pushing it
 
So, is temp1 CPU temp? Then what is temp3?

Edit: I match up these temp readings with Biostar's Hardware Monitor. Find out that Temp3 is CPU and I still don't know what temp 1 is.

vibe said:
Actually I tried to point out to the speedfan author several times that the code he added for the tforce smbus is wrong and the smbus is fake on the 410 chipset. All but three of those are fake readings. You'll notice none of the others ever change. The 8c reading is completely off the wall. The code he added also makes speedfan take like a minute to startup also. I actually rolled back to 4.26 because it was so annoying. He still hasn't fixed it.

Temp3, ACPI and Hard Drive are correct.

I realize now I am talking about the ACPI temp being 52c.
Which right now is still 52c and it's a few c cooler now, so I dunno what's going on. It does change but not easily or quickly.
 
sabrewolf732 said:
1.8v is ALOT, wayyy too much for 90nm stuff. 1.7 is pushing it

I ran my CPU like that for 24/7 for the passed few months and I'm still here. ;) Really thats not that extreme. Look at the COugH DFI ppl. They are even crazier. They just run them at 1.85 1.9 even sometimes 2.1v. Depends on the core if they will take it or not.

.3volts really isn't alot. Past .5v is starting to get extreme. Most CPU's can take it some just burn out. Ran my sempron like this ran my athlon like this. It wants more. I seen these cpus run upto 1.85v quite abit so I know these venices can take alot. What your saying simply isn't true if you seen the things I have seen.
 
Serge84 said:
I ran my CPU like that for 24/7 for the passed few months and I'm still here. ;) Really thats not that extreme. Look at the COugH DFI ppl. They are even crazier. They just run them at 1.85 1.9 even sometimes 2.1v. Depends on the core if they will take it or not.

.3volts really isn't alot. Past .5v is starting to get extreme. Most CPU's can take it some just burn out. Ran my sempron like this ran my athlon like this. It wants more. I seen these cpus run upto 1.85v quite abit so I know these venices can take alot. What your saying simply isn't true if you seen the things I have seen.

look at xs.org, even on phase I dont see over 1.8v, over 1.9 is unheard of. In athlon xp days, .13 2.1v was insane, people didnt go over 1.9v with air. Over 2 was water territory.
 
Fact of the matter is, higher voltage yields lower reliability. You can pump as much voltage as your e-penis desires, but you'll pay for it by shortening lifetime over the long haul. I ruined a P4 1.6A with just 1.6V (stock was like 1.4V) and a 50% overclock after a little over a year. People at XS running insane voltages (even on phase) probably don't keep their procs more than a few days before upgrading. If you plan on keeping your proc for a while, take it easy...
 
hey guys I have been having a problem w/ this pc I built from day one. I have the tforce 6100 939 board. AMD 3700+ 2X1 GB A-data dual channel ddr 400 ram. a 500 watt cool max cp 500 dual 12v rail psu w/ 18 amps on each. My case is an Aspire x-navigator w/ 5 fans. I have a dvd drive and a dvd burner a floppy drive a geforce 7800 gt and a western digital 160gb sata hd. My cpu temp is 32 idle and never gets about 37 so far. When I tried installing windows xp I would get an error saying a file wasnt found on the disc then the pc would shut off. I told a friend about it and he suggested removing one of my 1gb sticks because he had a similar problem before. well that worked I was able to install windows. Everything seemed to be working ok I ran a few benchmarks ok then it started crashing again later that night while playing games and has even crashed while just chatting. Btw I am not doing any overclocking. I have ran memtest for an hr w/ no errors. Do you guys think this mobo just doesnt like the a-data memory im using even though I didn't get any errors, and if so what brand of memory have you guys had most success w/. btw I have even tried running the system w/ only 1 dvd drive powered and only one case fan on to see if it might be a power issue and still the system will shutdown. Any advice or help would be appreciated ty.

I think i resolved the issue. I increased the voltage to the memory to 2.8 and was able to play WoW for 4 hrs w/o any crashes. weird since I wasn't using low timings.
 
Hello all....maybe someone can help me................I have just installed my Biostar 6100 T-Force 939 socket......beforce I get started let me give some specs
Biostar T-Force 939
Amd Athlon 3200+
2gb of Ram...(dunno what kind)
Western Digital 20gig IDE
Western Digital 250gig SATA2(SATA II)
600watt Okia power supply
HP 9500 cd writer
okay I have just installed my motherboard.......hooked up the 20gig (has windows on it) 250gig not yet hooked up...........did JPANEL.........connect USB connectors ETC........................I press power on button and the onboard LED indicators shows everything is normal..........I think it is suppose to make a short beep which also indicates normality.......I got a speaker from an other computer............but I hear no beep.........and my monitor shows nothing...its just blank
does anyone know what is wrong?.........need more info just ask THANKS ALL
 
matrx10503 said:
Hello all....maybe someone can help me................I have just installed my Biostar 6100 T-Force 939 socket......beforce I get started let me give some ....I press power on button and the onboard LED indicators shows everything is normal..........I think it is suppose to make a short beep which also indicates normality.......I got a speaker from an other computer............but I hear no beep.........and my monitor shows nothing...its just blank
does anyone know what is wrong?.........need more info just ask THANKS ALL

Did you connect the +12v to the cpu power circuit - page 10 in manual?
 
Tforce6100 uses geForce 6100 (for graphic) and nForce 410 (for the I/O control, storage, and other functions) chipset. Functionally speaking, nForce 410 is similar but not equal to nForce3 or nForce4.


cherrypik said:
So the Tforce does not use either a Nforce 3 or NForce 4?
 
hey THANKS ALOT that did it...lol can't beleive I forgot to connect the 12v power cord.......well now......my cpu is overheating everytime and I can't get to the desktop it just keeps restarting...............besides a heatsink and fan for CPU....what do you think is wrong?
 
Trying to install kubuntu 64bit on a Biostar tforce 6100-939. 3200+ Sempron OC'd @ 2500MHz memtest86 OK and prime95 stable overnight. Seems to go okay until the reboot and then hangs after 'checking battery state........OK'. Same thing happens with the kubuntu 64bit LiveCD, and thinking the on-board video was the cause I tried re-installing with an old S3 Trio PCI card but got the same result. I'm beginning to wonder if this chipset is too new for Linux or kubuntu? Knoppix 4.02 LiveDVD (32 bit) boots and works fine but doesn't install audio drivers.
Disabling audio didn't work, also tried disabling ACPI, no go. Then booted kubuntu 64bit LiveCD in expert mode. after the line
'checking battery state........OK' it returned:
Id "1" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
Id "2" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
Id "4" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
Id "3" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
Id "5" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
Id "6" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes
No more processes left in this runlevel

and kept looping this every 5 minutes, but in random order. Can you very knowledgeable people think of anything else I should try?
 
username said:
Trying to install kubuntu 64bit on a Biostar tforce 6100-939. 3200+ Sempron OC'd @ 2500MHz memtest86

You can checkout the Nvidia Linux community board. I'm running Suse 10.1 beta, the 64bit version with a sb sound card and 3com ether (though the internal does work if I remember right. Video is ok w/o the Nvidia drivers (but crappy 3d). Suse 10.0 may work and its lot more stable then the beta.
 
not much I can do at this point but buy a heatsink/fan.........NOW the question is
what specs OR recommendation for heatsink that will allow me to do overclocking also...heatsink w/fan............is there a certain brand, fan speed, RPM, ETC that I should look out for thanks..
for a AMD Athlon64 3200+
 
Are you using an X-Qpack? If so id recommend the zalman 7700, ive seen a few ppl on here that have it on a Tforce in a Qpack. I have the 7000 which is prety good, wish I woulda known the 7700 could fit though :(
 
New ver A3's of the Geforce6100 and 410 chipsets have came out. Nforce3's are very behind. Many ppl will have a oppinion and The chipset is better then the Nforce 3 because its part of the Nforce 4 line but not equal to it because its a south bridge chipset. Geforce 6100/6150's are equal to the half range of the NF4 chipsets. Better chipsets are NF4 Ultra, NF4 SLI, and NF4 32X. And such chipsets as that. They only have slightly more features I'm not worried about I can just get with the use of those PCI slots. You can't really notice the difference because the specs are too simmilar.

Nobody used or can use gigibite lan unless your going to supply a collage with a internet. =P I have cable and can't even max out this lan 100 by anything close. Maybe 5mb's. I don't use firewire, if I did I would get a sound card with it. The Sata features are pritty good on this chipset. Works perfect for me. Man and I just got a GF7300GS for my PCI-E. And keep in mind I am a heavy gamer. I play horizons, ES3, FEAR, DOOM3, POPT2T, HL2, Callof duty 2, and I could just go on and on about all the games I play. This all out media board has just been perfect for me. I never had one prob with it and I OC it to hell and back. I am amazed some ppl are having probs with it. I must be the luckyest person in the world to get a invincable board. The stressful stuff I put it through for the passed half a year with no failures just amazes me. Better then a DFI board or any board I ever used.
 
hey thanks for rec.....but I decided to get the Zalman CNPS9500 with LED.......54.99 free 2nd day shipping at ZipZoomFly........very competitive price
 
Using opteron 148 CAB2E @ 2640mhz right now. 240x11 with 2.5-3-3-10 timings 1:1

Stable in windows, no crashes. Ran HL/HL2 for about 2 hours a day for the past week with not a single problem. Will try to bump it up some more. This is with stock HSF and stock voltages.
 
Alright, I got 301x9 out of her with 1.68-1.7v (1.8v bios), 304 = no boot. Didn't try in betweens. Temps are still nice and low cause of water :D
 
matrx10503 said:
hey thanks for rec.....but I decided to get the Zalman CNPS9500 with LED.......54.99 free 2nd day shipping at ZipZoomFly........very competitive price
Are you using a Q-Pack? If so, will that heatsink fit? I know my Zalman 7700 fits extremely easy, but was unaware the 9500 was able to fit because of the height requirements.
 
ok got 311x9 into windows, I think chip crapped out though cause I bsod'd :eek: Im betting with a better cpu I can get into 330's. Running 939 btw
 
I just hooked the S754 TForce to my rig and think it's running a little HOT! The harddrive temp is in the mid-50's (I think thats kindof high) and the northbridge heat sink gets very hot at times. I ran speedfan and it's not giving me a reading on the first 2 temps. Where do I connect the exhaust fan up to on the motherboard? I read the instructions a couple time and was unsure so I just connect the 4 pin module to the PSU for now but I'm guessing that's why it's not giving me an accurate temp.
 
cherrypik said:
I just hooked the S754 TForce to my rig and think it's running a little HOT! The harddrive temp is in the mid-50's (I think thats kindof high) and the northbridge heat sink gets very hot at times. I ran speedfan and it's not giving me a reading on the first 2 temps. Where do I connect the exhaust fan up to on the motherboard? I read the instructions a couple time and was unsure so I just connect the 4 pin module to the PSU for now but I'm guessing that's why it's not giving me an accurate temp.

speedfan temps arent right, at least for 939. Only temp that's right on 939 is temp 3 and hard drive. For a fan on the board, it needs to be a 3 pin fan
 
Back
Top