• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

Look it the first core in the Opteron 165 can only Prime @ 290x9 while the second one can do 300x9, with 1.5 cpu voltage (actual).

It would boot into Windows @ 305x9 but become unstable. At 300x9, it will do anything with ease. I have not played with the memory adjustment yet.
I will do some low-voltage CPU burn-in and see if it can do better or more stable.

The thing that makes the biggest difference seems to be the A12 bios.
 
nice, i'm using the b02RH bios without the lame splash screen. running along at 2.6ghz 9*290 @ 1.4v.

yes it seems this mobo loves the opty 165 :cool:
 
him currently at 300x9, 1.75v in bios, speedfan reports 1.63, what do I believe? Temps are fine, 43c load on water
 
hey guys I just got this baby last week and I'm having problems with the onboard ethernet it doesn't like to go above 15kbs I didn't read all the way through the 20 pages of this thread, is there any way to fix this without RMA'ing?
 
From the user review over newegg, it seems the ver 1.1 has problem with the NIC.
I got an completely bare refurb from Newegg and it was verion 1.0. The NIC is fine but I have truble finding/installing the Multimedia Sound Controller driver.

Vanilla Coke said:
hey guys I just got this baby last week and I'm having problems with the onboard ethernet it doesn't like to go above 15kbs I didn't read all the way through the 20 pages of this thread, is there any way to fix this without RMA'ing?
 
Update on my Opteron 165 on my refurb 6100-939.

After a few hours of extra low-voltage CPU burn-in, the Opterion 165 can do 293x9 for both core at the same 1.5v as before. Up from the 290x9 limit before. (Some people think the whole burn-in is just a myth but it seems to work for my 3 AMD CPUs (mobile XP, Mobile Oakville 2800+, and now Opteron 165),

As I am typing now, I am doing Prime95 on both cores, get this, @ 1.05v (stock is 1.35v), 200x9 . Oh yes, I can still surf and play dvi at the same time.

I am hoping to get to 300x9 @, say, 1.45v eventually.
 
Doing 294x9, think my cpu craps out any higher than that. Stupid venice :p I can boot at like 305 though
 
I got a refurb MB and don''t have all the drivers. Where can I get drivers for the "Multimedia Audio Controller?"
 
Well, in an effort to have some fun with mATX overlclocking, and cos i needed a faster server, i went out and spent 105 quid on a Biostar 754 and a 2800 Sempron....

Paired it with some OCZ EB 3500 Ram and i came up with this, after about an hours playtime with it, installed a new bios, no idea which one, and i got quite a decent clock... Remember this is all on the stock Alu HS and fan....

754clock.jpg


Seems these 754 biostar boards clock better than the 939 counterparts do on a regular basis... Not really a skillful clock, gonna see what it'll do under a cascade soon enough... :p Will defo post the results of that little exercise once i get back from the States..
 
Hey Guys, hope someone can help me:

6100-M7 mobo
Sempron 64 3000 Mhz
2 x 512 MB ddr 400

With this configuration I am not able to oc more than 250 Mhz FSB.
I have tried with HTT reduction at 3X, 2X, 1X. I have try with RAM at 166Mhz, 133 Mhz and 100 Mhz. No way, windows XP reboot just at 255 fsb. I've also tried to burn the bios from T-serie socket 754 with success, but i have no benefit from this operation...

I am not able to find out the option to reduce CPU multiplier, but no chance, it is not in the BIOS...sound strange...

Any help will be very appreciated

TIA
 
silberwulf said:
Hey Guys, hope someone can help me:

6100-M7 mobo
Sempron 64 3000 Mhz
2 x 512 MB ddr 400

With this configuration I am not able to oc more than 250 Mhz FSB.
I have tried with HTT reduction at 3X, 2X, 1X. I have try with RAM at 166Mhz, 133 Mhz and 100 Mhz. No way, windows XP reboot just at 255 fsb. I've also tried to burn the bios from T-serie socket 754 with success, but i have no benefit from this operation...

I am not able to find out the option to reduce CPU multiplier, but no chance, it is not in the BIOS...sound strange...

Any help will be very appreciated

TIA

in advance chipset, decrease the uplink and downlink to 3 as well. Also, have you tried playing with V?
 
sabrewolf732 said:
in advance chipset, decrease the uplink and downlink to 3 as well. Also, have you tried playing with V?

Yes, I've tried, but without any substancial difference...
should I able to reduce CPU multiplier?
In BIOS I've noticed "HAMMER FID CONTROL" should I try there to reduce the multiplier?

Do you have any experience with BIOS automatic overclocking? Should I do a try?

Thanks
 
Just tried the M127 bios and for my current system does not solve my issues.

This board does not like my Geil One mems, i'm not able to get stable at 270 but with the Geil Ultra i'm stable up to 287 so it a mem issue at this moment.

I was looking forward to some improvement but with this mems its a no go.

Still very early in the tests to take conclusive ideas regarding this new bios on all other aspects.
 
sabrewolf732 said:
Single slot, so no, doesn't take up any.

At least, when using the stock cooler.

If using something aftermarket, such as the Arctic Cooling NV Silencer family of coolers, it will take up more than one slot...
 
So I can probably put a 4 port usb in the slot below the PCI E slot and my Audigy z2 in the bottom slot using the stock cooler?
 
just stumbled across this forum, actually from a search about my on-board nic problems. Not a real problem because i had a drawer full of nic's so i just started using one of them, but i see that many of you are having the same success at oc'ing this fantastic board as i am. I bought it last week (retail at newegg, 2 days before the refurbs showed up, beat again) along with a 939 sempron 3200+ from ebay. all i can say is WOW! i started out at 250 fsb with mem at 133, then set vcore to 1.65 (reads 1.52) jumped to 280, and then 300 without a hiccup. i then set mem (hyperx pc3700) to 166 2.9v, fsb to 250, then 270, then 285 (unstable) and dropped it back down to 280. and ran prime95 all night. i'm a tightwad (that's what OC'ing is all about, gettin something for nothing) so i just got a 20 to 24 pin adapter for my enlight 300w PS with only 13A on the +12v and was wondering if it was underpowered would it show up on the T-utility hardware monitor? i get an 11.9v straight-line reading idle and 11.71 to 11.78 fluctuation under load running prime95 plus simultaniously accessing 2 optical drives and 1 HD. It never drops below 11.71v. (using on-board video). The PS fan blows cold air. Ya think it'l be allright? Anyway, nice meeting you all and I hope ya'll don't think i'm too crazy for running this new MB with this old antique PS.
 
username said:
just stumbled across this forum, actually from a search about my on-board nic problems. Not a real problem because i had a drawer full of nic's so i just started using one of them, but i see that many of you are having the same success at oc'ing this fantastic board as i am. I bought it last week (retail at newegg, 2 days before the refurbs showed up, beat again) along with a 939 sempron 3200+ from ebay. all i can say is WOW! i started out at 250 fsb with mem at 133, then set vcore to 1.65 (reads 1.52) jumped to 280, and then 300 without a hiccup. i then set mem (hyperx pc3700) to 166 2.9v, fsb to 250, then 270, then 285 (unstable) and dropped it back down to 280. and ran prime95 all night. i'm a tightwad (that's what OC'ing is all about, gettin something for nothing) so i just got a 20 to 24 pin adapter for my enlight 300w PS with only 13A on the +12v and was wondering if it was underpowered would it show up on the T-utility hardware monitor? i get an 11.9v straight-line reading idle and 11.71 to 11.78 fluctuation under load running prime95 plus simultaniously accessing 2 optical drives and 1 HD. It never drops below 11.71v. (using on-board video). The PS fan blows cold air. Ya think it'l be allright? Anyway, nice meeting you all and I hope ya'll don't think i'm too crazy for running this new MB with this old antique PS.


hehe =P I would splurge $20 on a new 300 watt sparkle/fortron, but you should be alright for a lil while ;) :p http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104951
 
Ram OC with Tforce. Clockgen and AMD64 Tweaker.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=73535
315FSB Ram 3.3v OC 1. Timmings 2.5-4-4-10

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=73537
373FSB Ram 3.3v OC2. Timmings 3-7-7-15

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=73539
380FSB Ram 3.3v OC3. Timmings 3.5-7-7-15

Using the new bios Named CRM207.BST I think. :D

Thats insane. Ma hahahahha... Now all I need is a OCZ VDIMM booster then I could really burn this ram up. Higher the volts the better can take upto 3.5v "if you know what your doing if not then you'll burn it up for real I mean kill the ram". DDR760 I got with DDR600. lol used 2 80mm fans to cool my ram at 4000 rpm and a air flow rateing of 50 for each. XD Only warm to the touch not blazing hot without fans running at stock. Stock they run at 60C without fans, but with they are cold, and with the OC with the fans they are only luck warm.
 
P-Dub said:
Well, in an effort to have some fun with mATX overlclocking, and cos i needed a faster server, i went out and spent 105 quid on a Biostar 754 and a 2800 Sempron....

Paired it with some OCZ EB 3500 Ram and i came up with this, after about an hours playtime with it, installed a new bios, no idea which one, and i got quite a decent clock... Remember this is all on the stock Alu HS and fan....

754clock.jpg


Seems these 754 biostar boards clock better than the 939 counterparts do on a regular basis... Not really a skillful clock, gonna see what it'll do under a cascade soon enough... :p Will defo post the results of that little exercise once i get back from the States..

Whats limiting you heat? Tell me all your Bios settings. Pics if possable then I can tell you what to set them to. Do you have active cooling on your chipset? Semprons all get 350HTT to 375HTT. If you don't have active cooling on your NB then you can't get the best clocks. I got upto 379HTT with my venice and as you remember 350HTT with my Sempron 64 2500. Somebody in the xtreme system forums got like 3070Mhz on his Sempron64 2800 with the same Tforce you and I got. Will show in a update in a min.

Update...
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=69903
What this guy got on his Tforce with a S2800
 
cherrypik said:
Good stuff guys. I'm looking for a Micro Atx PSU preferrably 350 watts or more for a descent price. Can anyone recommend one because it would have to run a 7800gt with the 6100 Tforce?


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104904

That should be more than sufficient considering 7800gt's consume less than a 6800gt and 90nm a64's only consume roughly 60 or so watts at stock clocks
 
Shouldn't you set the HT Frquency to less than 800 (instead of 1300+)? The multiplier should be like 2x. I have a low-power Oakville on a DFI-NF3 (754) running at 260x9. I have to set the HT multiplier to 2.5.



P-Dub said:
Well, in an effort to have some fun with mATX overlclocking, and cos i needed a faster server, i went out and spent 105 quid on a Biostar 754 and a 2800 Sempron....

Paired it with some OCZ EB 3500 Ram and i came up with this, after about an hours playtime with it, installed a new bios, no idea which one, and i got quite a decent clock... Remember this is all on the stock Alu HS and fan....

Seems these 754 biostar boards clock better than the 939 counterparts do on a regular basis... Not really a skillful clock, gonna see what it'll do under a cascade soon enough... :p Will defo post the results of that little exercise once i get back from the States..
 
buzzly said:
Shouldn't you set the HT Frquency to less than 800 (instead of 13000+)? The multiplier should be like 2x. I have a low-power Oakville on a DFI-NF3 (754) running at 260x9. I have to set the HT multiplier to 2.5.

939 default htt is 1000, not 800
 
buzzly said:
Shouldn't you set the HT Frquency to less than 800 (instead of 13000+)? The multiplier should be like 2x. I have a low-power Oakville on a DFI-NF3 (754) running at 260x9. I have to set the HT multiplier to 2.5.

Default for the Tforce-754 for how many times... is 2000MT/s and can be run at 3000MT/s or 1500HT just fine. Changing the HT doesn't effect the max of a OC no matter how low or high the HT is with this board. XD Default isn't 800HT or 1600MT/s its 1000HT or 2000MT/s just like 939 boards. Sometimes I run my board on auto and it always stays at 2000MT/s. Get CBId to proof this. Or look at some of my old clocks. I get insane speeds with insane HT like with my sempron and my venice, Doesn't effect my max OC in anyway.

And BTW 13000+ HT is impossible... lol Only the newest boards can take 3000MT/s, that old DFI can't do HT very much passed 1600MT/s because its too old. It just wasn't made to run HT that high, you can't compare a older board with a newer one cus most new boards can OC the HT so high its not even funny (The ones based on the newest chipsets usoualy).
 
Hey Serge84, I am new here, so I have only heard you just once, not "many times" as you've said.

Nvidia's nForce3 150 and 250 chipsets have the default HyperTransport speed of 800 (1600MT/s)
Nvidia's nForce4 Version A02 (used for socket 754 mobo) has the default HT of 800 (1600MT/s)
Nvidia nForce4 Version A03 and newer, used for socket 939 mobo, has the default HT of 1000 (2000MT/s)
geForce 6100/4100 chip has the same HT spec as nForce4. For s754, the max HT is 800; s939 1000.

Hypertransport.org, a consortium, has ton of infomation on that.

Spec on Tforce6100-754 on Biostar's website:
---------------------------------------
• Processor:
Athlon 64 and Sempron processors
1.6GHz HyperTransport technology

• Chipset:
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + NF410
.......

Having said that, SOMETIMES, one may set the HT speed over-spec and still causes no problem. In my case, with an Mobile Oakville (2800+ s754) barely supported by the DFI bios, it becomes under stable if HT>800. BTW, if I left the HT multi @ AUTO, the bios would set it to 1000 limit too.

I am just pointing out to P-Dub that he's running the HT out of spec and that MAY cause problem. Also my "13000+" HT is just a typo.

Let's all chill.


Serge84 said:
Default for the Tforce-754 for how many times... is 2000MT/s and can be run at 3000MT/s or 1500HT just fine. Changing the HT doesn't effect the max of a OC no matter how low or high the HT is with this board. XD Default isn't 800HT or 1600MT/s its 1000HT or 2000MT/s just like 939 boards. Sometimes I run my board on auto and it always stays at 2000MT/s. Get CBId to proof this. Or look at some of my old clocks. I get insane speeds with insane HT like with my sempron and my venice, Doesn't effect my max OC in anyway.

And BTW 13000+ HT is impossible... lol Only the newest boards can take 3000MT/s, that old DFI can't do HT very much passed 1600MT/s because its too old. It just wasn't made to run HT that high, you can't compare a older board with a newer one cus most new boards can OC the HT so high its not even funny (The ones based on the newest chipsets usoualy).
 
This might be a dumb question but is the Tforce 6100 chipset differ from the Nforce 4x(DFI or Asus) chipset on the S754. If so, which do you guys think is better?
 
cherrypik said:
This might be a dumb question but is the Tforce 6100 chipset differ from the Nforce 4x(DFI or Asus) chipset on the S754. If so, which do you guys think is better?

tforce has integrated video
 
Hey I got a 6100-939 about a month after they came out. I have never been able to get the fsb above 240 mghz no matter what bios or what i try. Are you guys that are getting high fsb speeds using newer boards? I just ordered a new one cause the nic went bad in the one I have. I plan on RMA ing this one after I get the new one and hopefully the new one will get higher fsb speeds. I love the board the only thing I would ask for in it would be 1394 and at least one more sata port.
 
buzzly said:
Hey Serge84, I am new here, so I have only heard you just once, not "many times" as you've said.

Nvidia's nForce3 150 and 250 chipsets have the default HyperTransport speed of 800 (1600MT/s)
Nvidia's nForce4 Version A02 (used for socket 754 mobo) has the default HT of 800 (1600MT/s)
Nvidia nForce4 Version A03 and newer, used for socket 939 mobo, has the default HT of 1000 (2000MT/s)
geForce 6100/4100 chip has the same HT spec as nForce4. For s754, the max HT is 800; s939 1000.

Hypertransport.org, a consortium, has ton of infomation on that.

Spec on Tforce6100-754 on Biostar's website:
---------------------------------------
• Processor:
Athlon 64 and Sempron processors
1.6GHz HyperTransport technology

• Chipset:
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + NF410
.......

Having said that, SOMETIMES, one may set the HT speed over-spec and still causes no problem. In my case, with an Mobile Oakville (2800+ s754) barely supported by the DFI bios, it becomes under stable if HT>800. BTW, if I left the HT multi @ AUTO, the bios would set it to 1000 limit too.

I am just pointing out to P-Dub that he's running the HT out of spec and that MAY cause problem. Also my "13000+" HT is just a typo.

Let's all chill.

Sorry about that. Well I'll set my htt Way out of spec again since I'm doing a burn in, I could do this too. I'll run this prime stable overnight just like I have with my sempron. I can get high hyper transport with my athlon way more then what I got with my sempron. Cus the HTT limited my HT. I'll post something in the next 24 hours.
 
Back
Top