• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

i finally got my 3000+ venice to be stable at 9*300 :D . but my ram is running at 2T :( , no matter what i put for my timings it will not be stable using 1T. it gets kinda toasty in my qpack even with the 4 heatpipe AMD hsf. would a zalman 7000cu help?
 
sabrewolf732 said:
260 seems a bit low, Im thinking it's your mem controller

If you guys read back through the thread you'll notice P-Dub and I hitting a wall at about the same point. My 3700+ in a DFI hit 310FSB and 300 in a shuttle... Don't think its my memory controller just this crap board.

Timings are at 3-4-4-8 now
 
Firelord did you or P-dub ever try RMA'ing your boards? Even the best of the best motherboard vendors have lemons. It's unrealistic to expect a zero defect product.
 
How can you RMA a board which works flawlessly at stock speeds? Motherboards arent guaranteed to overclock, so no bud, i didnt try to rma the board. I just binned the POS.
 
I would just RMA it with a bogus claim. Most times they just give you a different (i.e. not new) board back no questions asked. Not guaranteed to be a good oc'er but it's a second chance at good board. Depends on how much you're willing to deal with inconvenience of sending the board back.
 
P-dub, were you trying to push 1:1 mem on the board? Sorry, I've been away from this thread for a while... tried searching back in the thread, but after reading a couple of Serge's rants, I gave up. :rolleyes: I wonder if that's the limitation of this board. I'm only running 220Mhz with a 133 divider but that's cuz my ram sucks.
 
Just got this board with sempron 2600+ to putz around with. My problem is the power supply connector on the board. It says ATX but none of the ATX power supplies I have laying around fit, they are all to small. Not even a bfg 500 watt P/S fits. Is this thing supposed to come with an adaptor or am I just big time missing something here??
 
You proly need a PSU wiht a 24 pin power connector, or you can just get a 20 to 24 pin adaptor, all your PSU's are probably older...
 
I finally got a tforce back in my rig with my old x2 and sad to say it hasn't done any better on the FSB issue.

Changed the northbridge to active cooling with a vantec copper and even when I drop the multiplier to 9x, I top out at 283mhz. Might be a limit on my x2 for some reason (same as the old board). Still it purrs along at 2700 with 10x270, oh well.

But the good news is I replaced three fans with one Zalman 7700 copper.
OMG I absolutely love this heatsink. Highly recommended for the tforce.
Cools everything and has lower height than any other monster heatsink.

My rig has never been this silent or this cool at such low rpm's.
I tossed the zalman fan controller and I am just using the tforce's active fan control.
Do you think it's okay to directly draw the power for a 120mm fan right off the motherboard? That's gotta be a couple watts...

ps. the socket on this board actually says "foxconn" on it - how weird is that?
 
vibe said:
I finally got a tforce back in my rig with my old x2 and sad to say it hasn't done any better on the FSB issue.

Changed the northbridge to active cooling with a vantec copper and even when I drop the multiplier to 9x, I top out at 283mhz. Might be a limit on my x2 for some reason (same as the old board). Still it purrs along at 2700 with 10x270, oh well.

But the good news is I replaced three fans with one Zalman 7700 copper.
OMG I absolutely love this heatsink. Highly recommended for the tforce.
Cools everything and has lower height than any other monster heatsink.

My rig has never been this silent or this cool at such low rpm's.
I tossed the zalman fan controller and I am just using the tforce's active fan control.
Do you think it's okay to directly draw the power for a 120mm fan right off the motherboard? That's gotta be a couple watts...

ps. the socket on this board actually says "foxconn" on it - how weird is that?

Foxconn makes sockets.
 
Somewhere in this thread, I can't find it again, someone mentioned one of the older bios was good for a few more mhz on the fsb than the newer ones?

Which bios was it? (bonus points if you find the original post)
 
Well, i have been following this thread since it began and i have been testing this board for over 4 days now (took vacation just to do it)

Initially i started with bios B02 but after a little discussion with a user from another forum i found the A12 version (the older bios you asked) allows me to boot higher then B02.

With B02 the max i could boot was 260 (the famous 260 cap) afterwards with A12 i'm now stable and testing at 268.

I have even done the Chipset vmod to see if the vdd was what was holding me down at 260. This was done with the B02 and even going from the default 1.15v to 1.34v i was not able to boot over 260.

Removed the vmod and flashed A12 bios version.

My conclusions at this moment is that the A12 bios is better (in my setup) then the B02.

My theory is that i may be able to boot at a higher FSB but eventualy i may need to increase vdd voltage to obtain stability.
 
hi guys...

i'm new here..

just wanna report in.. :D

i'm using Biostar Tforce 6100-939 + Opteron 939

1st attempt = using CU51MB02 bios

max FSB (POST) = 290 mhz

2nd attempt = using CU51MC02 bios

max FSB (POST) = 290 mhz

anybody knows what's the secret to achieve 300 mhz ?

i've tried almost everything.. lowered the multi, change to 2T.

still no go..

p/s : NB & SB is cooled with 12cm fan.. it's not even warm :D

:confused:
 
At 290 are you at 1T or 2T?

What mems are you using, and are they at 1:1?

What Opteron have you got?

Good job!
 
I guess I will go try the a12 bios now.
Maybe it boosts the chipset voltage at a higher level and that's the secret?
We'll see...
 
Golias said:
At 290 are you at 1T or 2T?

What mems are you using, and are they at 1:1?

What Opteron have you got?

Good job!

1T up to 290mhz.. above than that.. no go.. 1T or 2T.. still no go...

Opteron 146.. CABYE 0540 :D

i'm using HyperX BH5 memory, so i have to use divider..

are u saying i can get better FSB using 1:1 ?
 
Oh heck yeah. A12 rocks. Using the one from here with no splash screen.
B02 or C02 = 283 max
A12 = 290 max

I'm now running my value ram at 237mhz with a 2600mhz X2!

You lose a few things of course like the cpu fan PMW control
but I think I can eventually get speedfan to substitute for that.

We need to petition biostar to do whatever they are doing in A12 on the newer bios!
 
What kind of divider and ram timings are you guys using? I know my opteron is stable at 2.6ghz but I have trouble getting my tforce to boot over 230x10 with anything better than a 1:2 divider :eek:
 
cpu-z says its a /11 divider?

ram base is set at 166mhz and 2.5-3-3-7 timing
forgot I am running at 2T, gonna try 1T now

update: yup 1T works too - now I just need a solution for fan control and I'm set
 
I know 1:1 sounds like something magical but seriously what does it really do for you.
Post some superpi times? I can almost break 30 @ 270 with my ram @ 166mhz base (225mhz)
I know I'm using dual core and you single but superpi only uses one core anyway.
 
Hello Guys.. long time reader, first time poster..

Just ordered from newegg:

Biostar tforce board
opteron 148
2 x 512 crucial ballistix ddr400
Fortron Source 400w PSU

Will post back later with what I can get out of this combination.
 
vibe said:
I know 1:1 sounds like something magical but seriously what does it really do for you.
Post some superpi times? I can almost break 30 @ 270 with my ram @ 166mhz base (225mhz)
I know I'm using dual core and you single but superpi only uses one core anyway.

Well, in my case i have mems that can do 300 fsb therefore if i can go 1:1 that will beat 30s for sure, it will even beat 28s.

With asysnc on mems (166) i can post at 250 and then increase FSB through clockgen hand have been in 315 FSB, only have a screenie for 300 though

01_300.JPG
 
I'm having a lot of trouble with my tforce.

Using a12 bios.

All I do is go into the overclock settings and change it to manual, and I can't boot. I don't even have to change any of the default settings. If I try to set the defaults for my cpu, ram, etc it still does not boot.

it is so odd, with this processor and ram on my DFI it was over 2.6ghz stable 1:1. On my tforce I can't get one bit.
 
What board rev are you guys running? I have rev A01. Wondering if Biostar changed something to affect stability.
 
mr-busta said:
What board rev are you guys running? I have rev A01. Wondering if Biostar changed something to affect stability.

There are two biosatr boards. One is the initial release with orange PCI slots and a 'TFORCE' sticker next to the cpu, the other one has green PCi slots with no sticker, just an etched logo next to he CPU socket.
 
Just to let you know Dillusion there are 3...Mine, the third, has green PCI slots AND the sticker! :p My board has 1.1 etched but theres a sticker by the TFORCE sticker that reads "A03"
 
Dillusion said:
There are two biosatr boards. One is the initial release with orange PCI slots and a 'TFORCE' sticker next to the cpu, the other one has green PCi slots with no sticker, just an etched logo next to he CPU socket.

I got the green slots. :D :p
 
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=70327

This is what I got with my vinice so far. 2925mhz 365HTT. Oooooo :D Remember I have a 754! lol Mines a Reversion A2.

Update to max HTT http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=70336. 379htt right there. :p

Only thing is, I want a complete bios soon. >__> Come on Biostar get it together where is a bios update better then 02. Clockgen gets me to my full potential not the bios. It has a issue with athlon 64's in making the htt limited to 300htt. PPL use clockgen to get the max out of your tforce. They OC better then you think. But ya got to tweek the bios and clockgen constently for it to work. Long annoying process. But worth it. Ha!

http://photobucket.com/albums/e113/...current=Tforce6100HypertransportOC3000Mhz.jpg

Crazy hypertransport speeds done by me and a Tforce6100-754 3000mhz hyper transport speeds. Damn! Think I'll burn up my chipset yet? Yeah right. Mahahahaha! I ran it at 2800mhz for ever since I got it way back months ago. These mobos are quite impressave. O_O Starting to surpirze me even... o.o;;
 
Ok, 271 was the max i could boot with the A12 bios version but afterwards...

I booted at 270 and increased thorugh Clockgen and i'm at the moment 1:1 @282 totally stable.
 
Oooh Clockgen supports 6100 now? I missed that news, yay!
Apparently cpu-z 1.32 also came out this week...

Oh I forgot to mention: since I had to go back to using my older geforce 6100-m7 mobo for a bit, I noticed that it's CPU overvolt option was actually a PERCENTAGE based overclock (you set the amount to ADD to the requested voltage) unlike the tforce bios which is a fixed regulator overclock. That's why I was able to use the cool'n'quiet so much more easily on that board. It's a shame they didn't do that for the tforce! I know other mobo makers have the percentage ability (like the foxconn).
 
vibe said:
Oooh Clockgen supports 6100 now? I missed that news, yay!
Apparently cpu-z 1.32 also came out this week...

Oh I forgot to mention: since I had to go back to using my older geforce 6100-m7 mobo for a bit, I noticed that it's CPU overvolt option was actually a PERCENTAGE based overclock (you set the amount to ADD to the requested voltage) unlike the tforce bios which is a fixed regulator overclock. That's why I was able to use the cool'n'quiet so much more easily on that board. It's a shame they didn't do that for the tforce! I know other mobo makers have the percentage ability (like the foxconn).

They may have it in a later bios. Its not even complete. I wish they would hurry up and release a new one thats actouly complete, they are sipose to put the chipset voltage control back in later and abunch of other stuff. Why thay gave us a bata bios I'll never know. Silly. They should have completed it. The better bioses are going in the Tforce SLI's and junk right now. I hear have better features then what we have right now.

They are sipose to fix a bunch of stuff in some of the newer bioses is what I hear. And a voltage regulator would be awesome in a tforce. Prob aready in there just not shown yet.
 
Golias said:
What do you mean by voltage regulator?

He means like what DFI boards have. You can regulate the percentage of overvoltage on say 1.8v and put so and so % = 2.1v upto. Or something like that. meaning if it needs more volts it will give upto that % over the max set volts if needed. So the voltage regulates or changes between that set % like 1.9v or 2.0v... and so on if something gets unstable. It simply supplies more volts for stubility if it detects instability from how I understand it.
 
285 people, with Clockgen this is easy.

Just got some Geil One TCCD to test how they work in my system.

Going UP Up and Away!

UPDATE: 287 and counting...
 
Serge84 said:
He means like what DFI boards have. You can regulate the percentage of overvoltage on say 1.8v and put so and so % = 2.1v upto. Or something like that. meaning if it needs more volts it will give upto that % over the max set volts if needed. So the voltage regulates or changes between that set % like 1.9v or 2.0v... and so on if something gets unstable. It simply supplies more volts for stubility if it detects instability from how I understand it.
from the little that I know about electronics, a voltage regulator keeps voltages flat at a set voltage despite fluctuating current demands.

Are you talking about cool n quiet???

EDIT: oh yeah, ok i know what you guys are talking about.The thing that allows you to set your own voltage limits for cool n quiet on the dfi board for overclocking. yeah, that's a cool feature I'd love to have. but, it doesn't detect instability it senses CPU load and adjusts voltage and CPU multi. right?
 
mr-busta said:
What board rev are you guys running? I have rev A01. Wondering if Biostar changed something to affect stability.

My board just came in the mail today.. it has a sticker on it that says A03.
CPU has not arrived yet so can't plug it in.. :(


I have the Biostar Tforce 6100 939
 
Back
Top