• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

emptyshell said:
Ok... so I had my athlon64 3000+ running at 280 x 9 on this board with a vcore of 1.425 and it ran stable in prime95 for 43 hours straight b4 I stopped it. Then the other day I installled Quake4 and found out I dident have SSE enabled (game wouldent play without it on). So I went into the bios, enabled SSE/SSE2. After that it would no longer run at 280 x 9. Hell, I tried even putting it at 225 x 9 and it was having problems :( Would restart when starting to load windows.... :( Im gonna try to get it running back up later, but for now im outa luck :(


Edit: wow im stupid, forgot to set the ram ratio... was trying to run my crap ram as fast as cpu FSB lol. Seems to be working alright now.

Edit: Anyone have a link to that Biostar Monitoring ultility???? Had to reformat and cant seem to find the damn thing :(

what ratio are you using for the oc? also i ccant do 270+ FSB on this board even though this board is capable of doing 300FSB. maybe a cpu limit in which case it sucks. i was hoping at least 2.5ghz out of this.

oh well.
 
im running it again at 280 x 9 with a vcore of 1.425, the ratio is 133 : 200 .... um.... ya, I had forgotten to change it after resetting cmos when I pushed it 2 far.
 
I found a chipset mod for Biostar T-force 6100-939 here .

It might be temperature problem with the southbrigde what's stopping overclocking to HTT 260 even with 0.1V more voltage to chipset???

There is a huge difference with SuperPi32M and Prime95 stability with this board. I thought I was stable at HTT 300 with several SuperPi32M test and hours of SP2004 but I can't get beyond 280 with Prime95 stability. Any attempt beyond 280 with Prime95 crashes my computer.
 
Hello, all...I would just like to say this is the most indept informative forum i've seen yet about this motherboard Biostar TFORCE 6100-929...........well like many others I am decided and almost made up my mind to buy this board......now i'm not sure....
I just got a very overclockable AMD Athlon 64 6200+ 2.0GHZ...............well my question is would it be a good choice in getting this bioforce if I wanted to overclock moderately between 2.4 and 2.6ghz? also I just will use the board for a little gaming until I can get a good solid graphics card (hence buying the TFORCE because of intergrated onboard graphics).......................would you say buying a 6150 with nforce 430 be a better choice
thanks
 
get the foxconn 6150/430 instead, its more consistent, can get you to 275 fsb, which is more than enough for what you want. only thing you *might* miss is the 3.3vdimm jumper thing, but i dont think you'll need/use that neways.
 
My story ?
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=64966

--------
Also, when I launch or maybe even just being installed?

My temperature would all of sudden jump to 69C! idle and full at 70C.

Removing this incomapatible MBM solved it.

Also, in order to use PS2 or even make it recognizable, PS2 keyboard must be plugged in.

Also, system would post but would not boot up Windows at 250HTT or higher. No matter what even when my memory divider was set to 100MHz. My solution was simple. Memory timing was set to Auto(SPD), when I set it to manual and just put my default ram timing in there myself... I could boot 300+FSB/HTT.
 
I have a question about a setting is BIOS.

What is this Also, "Watch Dog Time" option do ?

Do you overclockers have AMD Cool&Quiet enabled/disabled?

I personally have it disabled.

Is there a permanent way to disable onboard video ?
 
I have a quick question about the 754 version of this mobo: will the mobile/DTR CPUs fit on the Tforce mobo, or will there need to be a BIOS flash to get it to work? I have searched through the forums and found no available answer. It would greatly be appreciated if anyone could post an answer to this burning question.

Thanks :)
 
i got mine yesterday, pulled the southbridge sink and this is all it had for compound.



i used some ceramic on it now and it should be better.

this is what she looks like all cleaned up



and this is a shot of the board with a xp 90 so you can see how small it really is.

 
i thought that was the southbridge? isnt northbridge the integrated video card that is located near the cpu
 
swatX said:
i thought that was the southbridge? isnt northbridge the integrated video card that is located near the cpu
yes that is the chipset at south
 
The three evercool VC-RE heatsink-fans I ordered finally showed up today
(took 3 weeks I think? wow)

They seem like a nice chunk of pure copper with thin blow-through fins.
The embedded fan is protected enough that I am no longer worried that I skipped on the newer VC-RF model which has a fan lid.

Might install them tomorrow to see if they help at all breaking the 280fsb limit I seem to have.
 
Oh sh*t I think I broke a trace or something trying to get the new fans on. :(
My 6100 won't startup, two leds come on but no startup no matter what I try.
The VC-RE are a tad too big for the 6100, don't order them. Get the vantec, it's smaller.

Typing this from an ancient p3 notebook with 256mb!

I need advice quick, I've already accepted this is going to be a $100 mistake.
Do I get another tforce and try to get it overnighted?
Should I take advantage of this to get another motherboard brand?

If anyone knows of any vendor/service that ships on Sunday that would be a plus
I need overnight for sure. No-one in town sells this kind of stuff that I've ever heard of...

I've got a 6100-M7 mobo spare but stupidly I have not replaced the 754 cpu I sold last month.
 
why don toyu just get one on monday and not overnight it. the lappy will work for a week. saves $30
 
I might take advantage of this to try the foxconn.
Since nothing will ship today I will ponder the option.
I'll either get overnight from newegg or use zipzoomfly's 2-day option.

Sigh, this was so stupid. Normally I am very careful.
Upon very close inspection there is a slight nick on one of the trace lines.
Pretty sure that's it and it's well beyond my skills to repair (super, super tiny)
 
You do that, and please tell me how they compare (from memory of the Biostar, lol). I interested in both boards, unless DFI or eVGA releases something soon.
 
Oh sh*t I think I broke a trace or something trying to get the new fans on.
My 6100 won't startup, two leds come on but no startup no matter what I try.
The VC-RE are a tad too big for the 6100, don't order them. Get the vantec, it's smaller.

Sorry about your mobo! :(

I would have been interested about results with the Evercool VC-RE becouse i'm using a TITAN TTC-CUV2AB / RHS to cool my southbridge. Evercool would have been my 1st choise thought.

But i'm wondering how Evercool VC-RE with dimesions 45X45X10mm can be too big when I was able to fit a 55.8 x 55.8 x 14 mm TITAN TTC-CUV2AB / RHS??

It was tight and it's not completely on the center of the chips but it fitted.
 
The VC-RE is a bad fit because of capacitor placement on the tforce.
The fan is pushing right up against the cap for the chip in the lower corner
and the other one (northbridge/vga) it's physically impossible because of
the the position of the battery clip.

(the VC-RE I think has a fan that is 45x45 but the entire copper casing is much bigger)

It looks like it will fit on paper (I measured ahead and everything)
but once you get down to it, it's a couple of mm that will throw you off.
If you are not afraid of modding the board and moving the battery clip it can work.

But I think the copper vartec (their older model vga cooler with single bearing)
is a tad smaller. I had used one on an older board I sold last year and that
one has fins that bend inward. I can see why the VC-RE cools better than it
(and has more airflow) but it takes up a few more mm in all directions.
VC-RE is also three-wire which is nice, vartec is only two wire.
Remember the tforce is also matx so maybe full-size folks don't have such concerns.

Such a shame. I highly advice people to be extra careful when working on their tforce.
I am far from a novice but I guess I could have been even more careful.

Still debating the foxconn. Replacing the heatsink on those is impossible anyway
(no clip holes and very limited space) but adding a fan on top I guess is possible.
The foxconn does has one feature that looks nicer over the biostar - it can do cool'n'quiet
with a percentage of voltage over the stock regulator instead of a fixed voltage.

ps.the VC-RE fits my ATI x800 like a champ but no way to test it's cooling over stock right now :(
 
Well decision made. Come wednesday (hopefully) I will join the foxconn club.
I'll be able to give it a really good comparison to the tforce.

Here's hoping it can run my x2 @ 2700 just as well as the tforce.

(Of couse now that I bought it, this means biostar will come out
with a tforce 6150 for the same price as the foxconn)
 
Ok i got the BIOS you posted and updated them now i jus need he tutorial on how to do this remember this is my first time overclocking break it down plz. Sorry it took so long got one really old floppy drive that didnt work and a newer floppy that didnt work on the count of the was a spider stuck in it............. whew glad it didnt fry my system
 
check the overclocking stickies for a breakdown. it'll save all of us time and possiblility of missing something.
 
Darn it to heck. Just when I needed them most ZipZoomFly lets me down.
24 hours later and the motherboard order is still pending.
First time they have delayed on me. Since it is OOS at newegg I suspect ZZF is OOS too and just has bad inventory count.

So who is left that has reasonable overnight shipping?
Sadly Fry's doesnt carry any 6100/6150 mobos...
 
vibe said:
Darn it to heck. Just when I needed them most ZipZoomFly lets me down.
24 hours later and the motherboard order is still pending.
First time they have delayed on me. Since it is OOS at newegg I suspect ZZF is OOS too and just has bad inventory count.

So who is left that has reasonable overnight shipping?
Sadly Fry's doesnt carry any 6100/6150 mobos...
Yeah, it took them two days for them to process, pack, and ship my Liberty. It's in the mail now, should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
 
I just recently upgraded my PC to the following:

AMD Opteron 144 CABNE 1.8Ghz @ 2.6Ghz AIR (290x9 3xHTT 1.45v 36ºC Idle 41ºC Load) (new)
Biostar Tforce 6100-939 mATX (new)
1x512 DDR333 Kingston Ram
1x512 DDR400 Elixer Ram
Sapphire X800GTO² PCI-e (OC'ed faster than an x850XT PE with 16 pipes unlocked.) (New)

I was curious if there was any way I could run this faster using a ram divider or if my ram is what's stopping me from OCing any higher. I would like to reach 3.0Ghz which most CABNE opterowns reach easily. Give me any suggestions you may have, it's appreciated.

PS. I'm upgrading to 2GB dual channel GSkill Extreme DDR500 in a week.
 
argh.........I feel....very low to earth now
........I don't even wanna ask this but...nevertheless.............if I get a FoxConn 6150 board..that has roughly 275fsb overclocking and I have one of the best overclocking processors: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0ghz.................what can I get in terms of overclocking from this combo?.........speeds-wise
 
Ive read the overclocking sticky and followed it but the max ive goten to is 259x8=2064 i think im using the Tforce 6100 skt 754 version .I beleive its the BIOS because although it says flash was complete on the CMOS and the winflash and tforce update utility it still says 11/02/05 BIOS which i beleive is the one that came with the board.


I downloaded the lastest bios and save it to a floppy then when the computer botted i went into the BIOS and selected the integrated flash program and selected the file on the disk loaded it then flashed then restarted is this normal or is somethin wrong here?


OH yea anything above 259 when it restarts after setting it to that speed it gives off a high pitch beep for 2-3 secs should i change the HTT from auto and change the voltage? Its a Sempron 64 2800+
 
I have a problem...(BIOSTAR TForce 6100-939)

I started getting BSOD few days ago with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ndis.sys error.

I did some googling' and it seems to be related to network adapter driver ?

BSOD seems to occur when I am using BitTorrent. (few minutes into bittorrent, too many connections? but never had this problem with my nForce2 networkadapter)

I am wondering if anyone else experienced this problem ?

Also, which nVidia network adapter driver are you guys using ? I guess everyone is using 5.09 that came with 8.22 nVidia driver ? (since this is the only available driver set at the moment).

I would really appreciate any feed back.
 
XXGG said:
I have a problem...(BIOSTAR TForce 6100-939)

I started getting BSOD few days ago with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ndis.sys error.

I did some googling' and it seems to be related to network adapter driver ?

BSOD seems to occur when I am using BitTorrent. (few minutes into bittorrent, too many connections? but never had this problem with my nForce2 networkadapter)

This is from your tcpip.sys stack overflowing or your firewall crashing.
This is not related to any particular motherboard and happens to me from time to time because I insist on using on older firewall (atguard) and if I enable too many connections like you are doing with bittorrent it can crash.

If you are using a bittorrent client that connected to KAD disconnect that option and it should stop the issue, or dial down the number of connections your torrent client tries to open at once.

Which firewall are you using? Are you on XP?

Optionally it can be someone trying to attack your IP address when they spot it on the tracker though this is far more rare.
 
Just got this board and haven't had time to play around with it a bunch, but so far I love it. It got my opteron 165 up to 2.6 ghz 9*290 at 1.55 V (comes out to about 1.48 V actual) I will report back on stability but so far it looks good.

My actual setup is as follows:
I bought an Compaq 1710 NX:
Replaced 250 Watt PSU w/ Antec 480 Watt PSU ($60)
Replaced Asus Ati xpress mobo w/ Biostar Tforce board ($70)
Replaced Sempron 3400+ w/ Opteron 165 ($300)
Added 1 gb ram ($60)
Added 16X DVD burner ($15)

If any1 wants a Asus xpress mobo let me know it's a great board just has no OC features
 
vibe said:
This is from your tcpip.sys stack overflowing or your firewall crashing.
This is not related to any particular motherboard and happens to me from time to time because I insist on using on older firewall (atguard) and if I enable too many connections like you are doing with bittorrent it can crash.

If you are using a bittorrent client that connected to KAD disconnect that option and it should stop the issue, or dial down the number of connections your torrent client tries to open at once.

Which firewall are you using? Are you on XP?

Optionally it can be someone trying to attack your IP address when they spot it on the tracker though this is far more rare.
Thank you for your reply.
I am only using my firewall feature from my DLink 604 router.
and What-Is KAD?

Oh one more thing,,, I really do think that quality of nForce 4 Network Adapter is not very good. Than again, it is the initial released driver set for this chipset 430/410.
 
Make sure you are using the newest 410/430 drivers here:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/standalone/430_410/

KAD is a trackerless way of doing torrents. It uses a ton of resources.
If your torrent client has a non-tracker support option, try disabling it and see if the problem goes away.

By the way I also have a dlink router - both the 5xx and 6xx series are junk.
I find it constantly rebooting under heavy loads and will replace it with a linksys soon.

What client and what personal firewall (if any) are you using?
 
939, I have my opteron waiting at home as well. I will prob have to run my RAM In a div until I get my new stuff. I've only got value stuff at the moment =[
 
Is that BIOS link above for the T-Force 6100 939 we own, or is it for something else? Just wondering since there is an SLI BIOS there also. I'm using a modded BIOS, but get instability a little over 270fsb with a 166 divider. Anyone have any suggestions? This is while using an Opty 148. Can hit 2.9ghz, but can't seem to hit 3.0ghz for anything. Also, I do not want to use anything over 1.55vcore.
 
well u gotta slelect which bored u have the 3 listed arent for the 754 i know cause i have that bored one maybefor the 939 not sure but it is for the TForce series they should have all the BIOS listed under the correct socket number soon i should hoop right now it wont let me select tforce after i select socket 939,775,or754 so i cannot access the downolad section for the different boards that is the problem
 
Smoove910 said:
Is that BIOS link above for the T-Force 6100 939 we own, or is it for something else? Just wondering since there is an SLI BIOS there also. I'm using a modded BIOS, but get instability a little over 270fsb with a 166 divider. Anyone have any suggestions? This is while using an Opty 148. Can hit 2.9ghz, but can't seem to hit 3.0ghz for anything. Also, I do not want to use anything over 1.55vcore.

where did you get the modded BIOS do they have a skt 754 version? i cant get past 255 i get 259 but its unstable.
 
Back
Top