• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BioShock Infinite

is anyone noticing added input lag with vsync and/or triple buffering enabled?

No...only mouse issue I have is that the sensitivity is way too high for some reason. I have to put it one sliver above the lowest possible sensitivity in-game.
 
In comparison to Half-Life 2's Alyx, how much better is Elizabeth as far as personal preference goes?

I like both, so it's tough to say. I liked Alyx a lot though, even though she was pretty useless, and only ever really talked and hugged you. Oh, she threw you a weapon from time to time.
 
any screenshots of normal vs alternate post processing? Its really hard to tell the difference, normal might be a little more blurry in the background.
 
any screenshots of normal vs alternate post processing? Its really hard to tell the difference, normal might be a little more blurry in the background.

i couldnt tell a difference, i just turned it off it was a huge performance killer.
 
i couldnt tell a difference, i just turned it off it was a huge performance killer.

Alternate mode is a diffusion type of DoF, which is more demanding than the normal post-processing you'd get. A lot of people are used to that, so that's why it's considered "normal". The more you know...
 
Alternate mode is a diffusion type of DoF, which is more demanding than the normal post-processing you'd get. A lot of people are used to that, so that's why it's considered "normal". The more you know...

Interesting. I tried to see a difference between the two as well and couldn't, really.
 
Interesting. I tried to see a difference between the two as well and couldn't, really.

It's tough to tell, but then again, it's kind of like Occlusion with me. I just can't f'n see the difference for it to matter.
 
In general, when vsync / double and triple buffering will add lag.

this games vsync is hella broken though. destroyed my fps. that could be what he was mentioning.

i forced adaptive instead and it is significantly better
 
this games vsync is hella broken though. destroyed my fps. that could be what he was mentioning.

i forced adaptive instead and it is significantly better

Yeah I forced dynamic with radeonpro as well. Vsync in-game or frame limit whatever it is called is total shit. It tends to lock me down to 30 fps whenever I drop below 59 fps, so off it went.
 
Yeah it is really infuriating. I got to the point where you first see the statue and your objective updates, but apparently the closest save point before that is immediately after you get out of the "church" chamber thing with all the water. If you take your time and look around at all the shops and whatnot that can be like a half hour of lost time. Unacceptable.

yup, that's the exact moment I was referring to...it's definitely annoying because of all the extra exploration I like to do...it doesn't even save the audioVox recordings you find when you are forced to backtrack...1 good thing is that at least it tells you before exiting your current game the time of your last autosave so you can decide if it's worth losing all that progress...last night I had 1 spot where it told me I would lose over an hour of progress so I continued on until I found a save point :eek:
 
Love the pop culture references in the game :

Spoiler : When you are on Battleship Bay, it plays music from Cindy Lopper's " Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Brilliant.
 
it's typical ue3 texture streaming problems, always by the same devs that want you to download 3 dvds worth of high res textures, but not even bother to set proper engine parameters to run them on modern gpus. how to fix this might be different for every setup, like if running on ultra, how much vram, etc., go to the [texturestreaming] section of xengine.ini and mess with cache sizes until it comes out smooth.

for me with a 1gb 560ti on ultra for example, I just increased poolsize to 1024, then memorymargin to 128 (aim for like 10 - 15% of poolsize) and it made a world of a difference. always pinned at refresh now, and no more freezing/hanging at 5 fps every time they feel like loading another chunk of map.

here is better explanation of what those engine params do:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TextureStreaming.html



I love the tooltip for "standard" too, "as intended by the glorious visionaries who wanted everything to be completely washed out so you can't see shit", makes me want to punch the iq dev responsible for this in the nuts. why couldn't they just label it as low/high quality like it should be? standard is just unplayable imo, can't even see where I'm going with all that noise in my face.

So for a 2gb GTX 680 what do I need to set poolsize and memory margin to? Thanks.
 
The save system really sucks for people who don't have large chunks of time to play. If you can't dedicate at least an hour to the game, then you shouldn't even bother loading it up.
 
At least the saving isn't like how it is in Metro 2033 where you can get locked out of areas. I love to check every nook and cranny out in games, which is why I tend to notice the flaws, and in Metro I wouldn't be able to check out multiple rooms due to going the "right" way, which seals the entrance behind the player. I haven't had this happen in Bioshock Infinite yet besides the instances where it is obvious that the player probably isn't going to be able to return to the area.
 
Don't know if I'm the only one but I noticed there's a crap load of 1800's Mormon parallels to this. Maybe it's just coincidence.
 
Don't know if I'm the only one but I noticed there's a crap load of 1800's Mormon parallels to this. Maybe it's just coincidence.

yeahhhhhhhhh was wondering if anybody was gonna point out the similarities to the prophet and Joseph Smith..

Levitt already said though that it takes no political or religious stance its just a theme; something like that
 
yeahhhhhhhhh was wondering if anybody was gonna point out the similarities to the prophet and Joseph Smith..

Levitt already said though that it takes no political or religious stance its just a theme; something like that

Well couple things I noticed in there.

The whole idea is that the people are leaving behind "Sodom" which is similar to the Mormons leaving behind the United States on their trek west to Utah to establish the State of Deseret. Columbia being a river out west close to Utah also out west.
The "Prophet" looks like John Taylor (3rd President)
At the beginning, you walk through the Garden of Eden which has couples together in their white clothing. The clothing are basically similar to the endowment clothings that they wear during the ceremony. The woman is wearing a veil similar to what Mormon women wear in the ceremony. However in Mormon temples, they do not have a "garden" but rather a celestial room. So it's somewhat similar.

Those are what I remember off the bat.
 
Anyone else getting game crashes? I've crashed 3 times so far for no apparent reason. Just get the windows error "this program has stopped responding". GTX 670 with latest drivers, 16GB, i7 2600k, single display 1080p.
 
Anyone else getting game crashes? I've crashed 3 times so far for no apparent reason. Just get the windows error "this program has stopped responding". GTX 670 with latest drivers, 16GB, i7 2600k, single display 1080p.

i had to update display drivers and restart my computer for it to work. i have a 670 as well.


Well couple things I noticed in there.

The whole idea is that the people are leaving behind "Sodom" which is similar to the Mormons leaving behind the United States on their trek west to Utah to establish the State of Deseret. Columbia being a river out west close to Utah also out west.
The "Prophet" looks like John Taylor (3rd President)
At the beginning, you walk through the Garden of Eden which has couples together in their white clothing. The clothing are basically similar to the endowment clothings that they wear during the ceremony. The woman is wearing a veil similar to what Mormon women wear in the ceremony. However in Mormon temples, they do not have a "garden" but rather a celestial room. So it's somewhat similar.

Those are what I remember off the bat.

damn dude i am impressed.
 

This is exactly where I got to, then I got raped by a Handyman that kept spawning at my spawn point. I started on Hard and have not had any problems until this encounter because of this damn spawn issue.

Excellent game, though too linear for my taste. Incredible universe, great artwork and atmosphere, some very good sound design and some utterly atrocious, same with textures. Really enjoying the fight mechanics, the rail system is genius. Awesome sense of speed! Save system is obviously broken. No stability issues here.

Found a bug: sometimes you can not hit the enemies when hanging from the rail. It simply does not register. I hope they fix this.
 
yeahhhhhhhhh was wondering if anybody was gonna point out the similarities to the prophet and Joseph Smith..

Levitt already said though that it takes no political or religious stance its just a theme; something like that

A lot religious fundamentalism is like that. Many stories are retold, reused.
 
Everyone should play in 1999 difficulty, makes combat much more intense.
 
I'm expecting a patch soon. Hopefully with a save system change but we might have to wait a bit for that. Though I can't see how they thought anyone would actually prefer the save system the way it is.
 
Anyone else getting game crashes? I've crashed 3 times so far for no apparent reason. Just get the windows error "this program has stopped responding". GTX 670 with latest drivers, 16GB, i7 2600k, single display 1080p.

Make sure you have no video capture software running, launches fine then.

If you want to stream/record it still:

Close capture app, run as admin, close steam, run as admin, launch game, launch app

If you are not running any capture app, test newest beta drivers then newest non-beta.
 
I'm nearing the end of game.... but I have to say, that the plot lost me at the part where you are getting weapons for a gunmaker. The tears mechanism is just bad, very bad (especially in plotline). Also it gets more illogic, once you realise who that pair from boat is.

And I admit, this is good game, but in my opinion, does not deserve the perfect 10/10s it is reciving. I'd say 7/10 is tops. For me, I aint having that much blast as I had when I was playing FarCry 3, or Halo 4. There is IMO something lacking, can't really say what, but it's not GOTY material for me - of course, it's my subjective opinion, and you may disagree with it.
 
Last edited:
I'm nearing the end of game.... but I have to say, that the plot lost me at the part where you are getting weapons for a gunmaker. Why every game have to get
paralel universes and crap like that
. Also it gets more illogic, once you realise who that pair from boat is.

And I admit, this is good game, but in my opinion, does not deserve the perfect 10/10s it is reciving. I'd say 7/10 is tops. For me, I aint having that much blast as I had when I was playing FarCry 3, or Halo 4. There is IMO something lacking, can't really say what, but it's not GOTY material for me - of course, it's my subjective opinion, and you may disagree with it.

Great spoiler tag, haha. :D

You thought Far Cry 3 was better than this?

Alright then. :eek:
 
If i am in the middle of the game can i switch to 1999 mode without losing my progress?
Regarding vsync/triple buffering. I feel like there is some gery slight input lag added. It does feel smoother though. Not sure if it is worth it yet.
 
the save system is weird because it's the opposite of the other save system in the game where if you die you get revived in a Vita chamber and brought back to the almost exact spot you died with a little $$ penalty...but if you manually exit the game then you're potentially brought back to a much earlier point in the level

even on Hard the game is not all that difficult mainly because of the Vita chamber instant revival...plus ammo, $$ and Salt are way too easy to find with a bit of exploration (inside crates, boxes etc)...hopefully in 1999 mode the items are not so readily available all over the map
 
Last edited:
At least the first game had AT WILL saving. This game desperately needs that, or at minimum like chockomonkey said, a "Save and Exit" function.

Why do people in this world hate money? Almost every garbage can has money in it.

Oddly enough I tend to either find a) nothing or b) food in garbage cans. Rarely money, though there is money laying around EVERYWHERE on the streets.
 
i'm playing on medium and i'm pretty far into the story. absolutley love the game world. the only thing that really bugs me is in intense fights if i get low on health/ammo/salt Elizabeth says "here, have some health/ammo/salt". it takes away a lot of the intensity of fire fights since i know she's almost always there ready to help out. i could say no to her offer...but why would i want to say no to Elizabeth? :D
 
i'm playing on medium and i'm pretty far into the story. absolutley love the game world. the only thing that really bugs me is in intense fights if i get low on health/ammo/salt Elizabeth says "here, have some health/ammo/salt". it takes away a lot of the intensity of fire fights since i know she's almost always there ready to help out. i could say no to her offer...but why would i want to say no to Elizabeth? :D

Play on hard, her help will be more appreciated ;)
 
Play on hard, her help will be more appreciated ;)

i'm good. i'll run through it this time on medium and if i feel like another go i'll up up down down left right left right B A.
 
Pretty short game.

The presentation was fantastic. But the dumbed down gameplay kinda sucked.

BS1 a better game. But Infinite is still a worthy game.
 
Back
Top