BF3 Multi-Player Amazing

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
WOW .......................................

The sounds .......... WOW ..............................

I was just about to post that. Holy shit this is awesome.

Performance could stand to be a little better but with the extra 570 I'm getting soon it shouldn't be an issue after that. :D

Only thing I'm hating so far is that people use RPGs instead of rifles half the time. I seem to recall BF1942 and maybe BF2 having rockets that only did major damage to vehicles unless you shoot someone directly with them. They shouldn't be like a 6-shot grenade launcher that does a ton of damage...

Im blown away and Im just so hard to please. Jesus H Christ ... These guys clearly sold their souls to the devil to get this level of realism.

I'm shocked ... stunned.

Gah, The menu/hud isn't working in NV Surround. You guys talking like this are going to make me resort to a single monitor to get some game time in!

Gah, The menu/hud isn't working in NV Surround. You guys talking like this are going to make me resort to a single monitor to get some game time in!

Yea, im having the same probs...i just switched it to 1 monitor until they can fix this.

ZOMG! I Love this game!

All you need is one monitor, provided it's large enough =)

and a kickin sound system. Did I say that I love this game?

Graphics so amazing I forget to shoot at people √

The most fantastically Immerse sounding game ever √

Lag so bad it feels like your traveling backwards in time √

Hopefully they can get the lag issues smoothed out soon because the brief moments of smooth play I had were orgasmic.

How does the game run for you?

I want to get the game ASAP but just worried myq9550 3.7 + gtx480 wont be able to run max at 2560x1600 :(

I want to get the game ASAP but just worried myq9550 3.7 + gtx480 wont be able to run max at 2560x1600 :(

All settings high ( none Ultra)

and it's buttery smooth - I will adjust settings and attempt to sodomize my graphics card , when you are [H], it's what you do. BRB

running a 5870 stock here at 2560x1600. i dont care about all max settings, but i do like a little detail. think i'll be ok or will i have to drop it to 1920x1200? now i just have to talk myself into paying full price for a game for once. steam spoils me. also, anyone hear anything about bf3 coming to steam lately? i saw something like a day or 2 ago that they were in talks and if its true then i will be a very happy little boy.

I just ran it at "ULTRA" default settings, you could tell it was running slower, but I found it very playable and with the added effects graphical improvements ( first time seeing motion blur used to good effect) I was stunned. STUNNED I TELL YOU!

Yeah, it definitely won't. My rig currently runs it at 1920x1080 Ultra, but there is some noticeable slowdown sometimes in large MP matches. Not unplayable, but not as smooth as I would like. I'm fairly sure that kicking AA down to 2x or off would fix it. But I'm getting another 570 this week, so I'm probably just going to leave it. SP runs better than MP for the most part (so far, I'm only to the plane level).

Viral thread?

Or really that awesome?

It really is quite awesome. It seems like the bugs have been largely ironed out. In a couple hours of play I didn't have any crashes, glitches, or any of that. Seems like it is ready for prime time, as one would hope. Graphics are nothing short of stunning, particularly given how good it runs. I left everything at auto which gives me high for most everything (using a GTX570) and things like HBAO on and it runs quite quickly, yet still looks great. Only performance issue was server lag on one server, but there's plenty to switch to.

My only complaint is the silly unlock system, so you don't have important things (like defibrillators) at the start of the game but then I knew that coming in. All MP shooties seem to think they are RPGs these days :).

Game is just a lot of damn fun. The RO2 players I know were having a massive butthurt fest because they didn't want it to be good, they were hoping RO2 would take a top spot.

Really about as good a launch as you could want. Unless Modern Warfare 3 is pretty stellar, this is going to be the One True Shooter(tm) for the near future.

Really damn fun so far, played 3 hours of conquest maps.

Some of the servers need to be optomized but overall it's been a blast. I had no lag playing from California on a 64 conquest NY server... other servers closer to me (Dallas) were rubberbanding for everyone.

Everyone just needs time to tweak and adjust the server configs and load balance, all good... very fun stuff so far.

Cant get the damn game to run, loads me in after 2 min or so then crashes to desktop...grrr. Tons of people having the same issue.

I'm having a blast. I haven't crashed once, and lots of servers im pinging at in the 10-40's, so I haven't experienced any lag people speak of, yet...

I suck at flying helis tho hahaha

Got a dedicated server in Seattle for [H] 63.208.142.64

I'll take you up on that tomorrow, I'm [H]ard up in Edmonds.

Agree with those raving about the game, its damn fun even with only one little 20" display. Still, we need a patch ASAP to correct the NV Surround issues so I can get my portrait surround back.

Last edited:
I did not really enjoy the beta.

I fucking LOVE the retail game.

100% better, and this game has the best audio I have ever heard.

Yeah, it definitely won't. My rig currently runs it at 1920x1080 Ultra, but there is some noticeable slowdown sometimes in large MP matches. Not unplayable, but not as smooth as I would like. I'm fairly sure that kicking AA down to 2x or off would fix it. But I'm getting another 570 this week, so I'm probably just going to leave it. SP runs better than MP for the most part (so far, I'm only to the plane level).

The second one will definitely help. I'm running @ Ultra at 1920x1200 and averaging 50 fps on 64 player servers. It dips sometimes into the 20s when there is a lot of action going on, but nothing which prevents the game from being unplayable.

Yeah well, I just finished a four hour rampage and came to see if anyone felt the same. Fucking my God this game is...is...something else. Don't think I'll be buying any new games for a long long long time. There is just way too much to do!

Even though I'm playing with everything on Low the game still looks great, I can only imagine you bastards with 590s/6990s and 4+GHz i7s are experiencing. It must be ORGASMIC. Extremely satisfied with what DICE has accomplished here!

I can't believe the near universal acclaim for the game. Is there anyone in this thread that was disappointed by the game?

Wait, did they vastly improve the game in this final version compared to the beta, or was it just you guys didn't play the beta?

Obviously I have yet to try this out yet, not until Friday

I can't believe the near universal acclaim for the game. Is there anyone in this thread that was disappointed by the game?

What I will say about BF3 is that it does feel like Battlefield, and unlike certain other FPS's which will not be mentioned here, the game feels like a PC game (for the PC of course. I can't speak about the console versions). Unlike certain other FPS's, if I didn't know it wasn't already out on consoles, I wouldn't see any reason to think that the game wasn't designed for the PC crowd.

As for the beta vs the final version, it's definitely improved.

Cant get the damn game to run, loads me in after 2 min or so then crashes to desktop...grrr. Tons of people having the same issue.

I guess I am doing a little better than you, lol. I can play for about 10 minutes and then my system freezes. Have to restart the computer just to get it to work again. The same thing happened to me in Bad Company 2, guess it just isn't meant to be.

Story I have seen so far:
Sorry, Something technical went wrong
We're going to sort it out and have things back to normal really soon.

Try going back or Home

Then finally got in.... and crash to desktop ~40 min later......

I am going back to bed......

BF3 for the PC feels 100% like a PC game, thank god.

SB @ 4.9Ghz running a 6970 it's basically buttery smooth running custom settings. Everything set to Ultra other than bloom is off, shadows low / mesh low and maybe one other thing low. All the major eye candy is set to Ultra.

I only game large screen. Looks amazing on my LG 42"

No doubt we are going to see driver improvements and game patch improvements in the coming weeks, plus, I fully expect someone to release *.ini tweeks within a day or two that will further help with performance.

Oh dammit. I was at school, and was going to buy it from CDKeysdiscount when I got home. Now the limited edition is out of stock.

Anyone know any other online place selling LE keys? :( fffff.

C'mon guys, have a little respect for the Euro folks who won't be able to play till the 27th...and specially me because amazon has yet to send my copy! :mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My experience hasn't been great so far sigh. Rubberbanding and 2 bugs already. 1 my health never went above 70% even when I respawned with obvious annoyances, and I had a dead guy in a corner shoot me.

I wont judge it until a month later when bugs/lag should be gone.

Oh dammit. I was at school, and was going to buy it from CDKeysdiscount when I got home. Now the limited edition is out of stock.

Anyone know any other online place selling LE keys? :( fffff.

Try CJS key here
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Battlefield-3-LIMITED-EDITION-CD-Key-for-Origin-%252d-Scan.html?setCurrencyId=2
Make sure you select With Back To Karkand in its version option.
RU language is only $41

Can be fix by downloading the EN file and some registry edit

Or here, though this is $5 more expensive
http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/video-games/action-fps/buy-cd-key-battlefield-3-limited-edition_322

Currently it still shows that they have stock

Bought a LE key from CDKeysDiscount! They recently put more keys up!

Downloading now!

TOTALLY DISREGARDING MY MIDTERM PROJECT DUE IN 5 HOURS, WHICH I HAVE NOT YET STARTED ON.

I remember bfbc2 had the same rubber banding issue. If memory serve me right it might have something to do with the server setting instead of the game itself.

the worst bit is.....I am in debate now as to upgrade my graphic cards...first time in almost 3 years they are actually becoming an issue and I only play at 1650x1080 or whatever that res is.

Game is good but the lag is AWFUL right now. The maps on 64 player mode seem too chaotic. I think some of the flags should have been spread out more. Everywhere is one big clusterfuck.

Yeah, there is a rubber-band thing going on for sure but not all the time. Enough that it's annoying. I am positive it will be fixed pronto once a million players complain within a span of a few hours.

Some other thoughts. The web gui for mutli-player ... at first I was ... oh crap, not sure I like this but after a few games it's actually brilliant. You realize quickly how cumbersome the in-game solution was in past games. I've seen the light. Not only that but with it being a web based GUI basically for everything other than the game and class / weapon load out, they can constantly upgrade the experience. Another huge plus. Very very pleased.

BF3 is such a breath of fresh air as far as PC games go. It's so sad that we have to wait for a masterpiece of a game like this once or twice a year. Sometimes, even longer.

Back