BenQ G2400W

Does anyone know a way to get desktop brightness/gamma adjusted in the nvidia control panel to keep the settings for photos/games? It doesn't keep the brightness in applications.

I have a top of the line Dell XPS M1330 with nvidia 8400M GS 128mb card. For some reason no matter what 1080p content I download, when I go to play it back in windows media player it skips frames and doesnt run smoothly and continously for 1080p content. Someone download 1080p video and give it a shot for me please

Thank you very much, getting it! :)

Although how can I connect PS3 to my 2.1 speakers? :s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836119008 < these?

Are those speakers currently connected to your PC?
If so, then you gonna have to go through the route that 10e recommended for me:

10e said:
Can't you use the PS3's standard AV cable which comes with the unit, find a female RCA to headphone jack converter and get that to go line in to the sound card directly? This requires being set to the A/V SCART audio setting.

When the monitor outputs sound to the headphone jack it is slightly amplified (for headphone usage) which may be above the tolerance for the line in. Line in is not supposed to get amplification.

Basically you need a cable with two female RCA to one 3.5mm headphone jack.

Something like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

Attach the PS3s red and white cables out, and then straight to the sound card. Forget about the HDMI audio through the monitor it doesn't work properly going out through a headphone jack as it is.

So what it basically means is that you will ouptut PS3 display through HDMI to the monitor, then out put the sound through PS3's standard AV cable (Red and White).

Then get this cable/converter: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

and connect the PS3s audio cables to it, then connect it to your sound card's Line in port.

I haven't tested it my self, but it should work and probably better than how mine is currently connected.

Received my BenQ G2400WD today and noticed a dark gradient across the screen. :(

The top of the screen is darker than the bottom but I don't think it's enough to make a fuss over. Does it get any better with use/time?

Also, how do I enable the 1:1 mode (Where it's letterboxed I think) over my Xbox 360? I looked through the BenQ manual and couldn't find it. It's probably something obvious but I can't figure out how to do the 1:1. Thanks!

Dark gradient across the screen? If you view it from a slightly higher level does it improve a bit?

Yes, it's in "Picture - Advanced" > "Display Mode" I believe. You should have three options > Full > Aspect > 1:1.

Aspect or 1:1 should work great with Xbox 360 over HDMI.

Received my BenQ G2400WD today and noticed a dark gradient across the screen. :(

The top of the screen is darker than the bottom but I don't think it's enough to make a fuss over. Does it get any better with use/time?

Also, how do I enable the 1:1 mode (Where it's letterboxed I think) over my Xbox 360? I looked through the BenQ manual and couldn't find it. It's probably something obvious but I can't figure out how to do the 1:1. Thanks!

Dark gradient across the screen? If you view it from a slightly higher level does it improve a bit?

Yes, it's in "Picture - Advanced" > "Display Mode" I believe. You should have three options > Full > Aspect > 1:1.

Aspect or 1:1 should work great with Xbox 360 over HDMI.

Yeah, the dark bit is more at the top of the screen. I've read about it on a few reviews as well....

I can't select the Display Mode item for some reason, it's grayed out.

Well, got an RMA number lined up with Buy.com. I'm including some pictures and a CD with video of the tearing to help my return. It'll go in the mail in the next few days.

Has anyone noticed that when using HDMI, you can't switch inputs while the XBOX is on and go back while it's running without having it reset on you? This is a HUGE nuisance to me! When using DVI, it doesn't do this. Is there ANY way to avoid this? I'm thinking of getting an adapter so the 360 thinks its using DVI, but adapt it to HDMI so I can use DVI with my PC and HDMI with the box. VGA on this looks really really bad.

Hopefully my replacement remedies all my issues! :)

Yeah, the dark bit is more at the top of the screen. I've read about it on a few reviews as well....

I can't select the Display Mode item for some reason, it's grayed out.

You can improve it a bit by aligning the middle of the screen with your eye level.

And the display mode stops being grayed out when you're receiving a non-native signal.

You can improve it a bit by aligning the middle of the screen with your eye level.

And the display mode stops being grayed out when you're receiving a non-native signal.

Alright thanks.

What do you mean a non-native signal? The Xbox 360 only goes to 1920x1080 which isn't the monitors native resolution (1920x1200 right?) I am connecting through VGA if that matters. Help?

Has anyone used this LCD on a PowerMac? Overall impressions?

I intend to use it mainly for graphic work and some video editing. Comments appreciated, thanks!

Has anyone used this LCD on a PowerMac? Overall impressions?

I intend to use it mainly for graphic work and some video editing. Comments appreciated, thanks!

I havent used it used it on a Mac before, but have done some light weight photoshop stuff with it. As much as I give praise to this monitor, I wont lie to you by telling you that its great. Because its simply not cut out for that kind of stuff.

The one reason will be its display panel, the other reason would be... well the display panel again.

You wouldn't want to work with colours and brightness that changes with your viewing angle.

Has anyone been able to measure the input lag? Also, how's the responsiveness compared to say LG's L227WT?

Alright thanks.

What do you mean a non-native signal? The Xbox 360 only goes to 1920x1080 which isn't the monitors native resolution (1920x1200 right?) I am connecting through VGA if that matters. Help?

I dunno:confused: it worked for me when I had my x360. Try a different console or something and see if its still grayed out.

Has anyone been able to measure the input lag? Also, how's the responsiveness compared to say LG's L227WT?

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=48&mo1=304&p1=2943&ma2=35&mo2=349&p2=3278&ph=12

This happens when you use the "hacked" HDMI adapter for a non-elite Xbox 360. I had this happen as well. Someone mentioned this can be resolved by using the component cable and setting it to "SDTV" via that little slider switch they have on the casing.

This happened to me with another HDMI monitor too, so it's not a specifically V2400W/G2400WD issue.

Well, got an RMA number lined up with Buy.com. I'm including some pictures and a CD with video of the tearing to help my return. It'll go in the mail in the next few days.

Has anyone noticed that when using HDMI, you can't switch inputs while the XBOX is on and go back while it's running without having it reset on you? This is a HUGE nuisance to me! When using DVI, it doesn't do this. Is there ANY way to avoid this? I'm thinking of getting an adapter so the 360 thinks its using DVI, but adapt it to HDMI so I can use DVI with my PC and HDMI with the box. VGA on this looks really really bad.

Hopefully my replacement remedies all my issues! :)

Overdrive/RTC can be toggled off and on with the G2400WD/V2400W.

I can confirm that DigitalVersus.com has correct numbers for the V2400W, so I"m assuming the G2400WD will be the same as it's the same panel inside. I can't comment on responsiveness vs. the L227WTG-PF though, but it should be fairly competitive.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm talking about G2400WD. I can't rely on the graph for the old G2400W because overdrive/RTC does in general induce some input lag.

Everybody says G2400WD has the same panel as V2400W, which has some input lag.

Overdrive/RTC can be toggled off and on with the G2400WD/V2400W.

I can confirm that DigitalVersus.com has correct numbers for the V2400W, so I"m assuming the G2400WD will be the same as it's the same panel inside. I can't comment on responsiveness vs. the L227WTG-PF though, but it should be fairly competitive.

Turning off overdrive/RTC defeats the purpose of this monitor as a gaming monitor, meaning this will force you to either have a high response time or high input lag, which in either case isn't good for gaming :(

I could buy this monitor today, but I don't want to knowing that it might have input lag.

Turning off overdrive/RTC defeats the purpose of this monitor as a gaming monitor, meaning this will force you to either have a high response time or high input lag, which in either case isn't good for gaming :(

I could buy this monitor today, but I don't want to knowing that it might have input lag.

Read the V2400 review wiht the same panel:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1315565
- Overdrive had no effect on lag
- The scaler had no effect on lag

Stop worrying about it. This is about as fast as LCDs get.

Let's not get too caught up in numbers here. Up to 20ms of input lag should have ZERO effect on anyone's gaming. I recorded 8ms average which is only a few ms more than G2400W on average. This was with overdrive on.

Keep in mind, overdrive doesn't have a huge effect on TN monitors because it's not as aggressive as it is with Samsung S-PVA monitors/panels.

Side-by-side in clone mode, neither monitor was ever ahead of the other, and since I'm assuming that the G2400WD and V2400W are the same internals, I think you would be absolutely happy.

Honestly, if you bought one and told me it had excessive input lag, I'd have to believe you have superhuman eye to brain optical links.

I can confirm that DigitalVersus.com has correct numbers for the V2400W, so I"m assuming the G2400WD will be the same as it's the same panel inside.
I just read your review, where you say V2400W has no input lag compared to G2400W, and at the same time DigitalVersus has the correct numbers, but on DigitalVersus the G2400W has no input lag, while V2400W has input lag. Could you please clarify?

Originally I only had the G2400W so I just ran the two (V and G) side-by-side with my nVidia 8800GTS G92 video adapter and they were both very fast, basically always within a frame of each other. Sometimes the G was ahead, and other times the V was ahead depending on which port each monitor was on. That's what I put in the review.

Recently I procured a CRT and ran the input lag tests again for the V2400W (but this time on an ATI 3650 which I consider more accurate) and got the same numbers as Digital Versus. By that time the G2400W was gone, so I couldn't do the G2400W next to a CRT monitor. I did test it versus my HDTV a while back and it averaged 5ms, so it's a 3ms average difference. But this was with an ATI 3870x2.

The point being that a 5 or 8ms average difference is not even something a camera can reliably catch at very high exposure speeds (like 1/320 or 1/500)

The other being that nVidia adapters are generally a bit more inaccurate when performing input lag testing, and it does depend on the port being used for each monitor.

Again, all I can say is that specific input lag numbers are not going to show you a difference if they are that close (3ms vs 8ms average on DV). Also without knowing how DV tests (other than they take 10 shots, where I take 20 or 30) I can't absolutely comment how accurate their G2400W numbers are.

Use DV as a comparison tool, but don't think that they are absolutely accurate all the time, as I find there are discrepancies. For example, the BenQ FP241VW I checked had much lower input lag than DV, presumably because of newer firmware and other performance enhancing changes. I've also noticed they have different measurements from prad.de for the same monitor. Sometimes it is just different revisions, etc..

You can check this thread where I put my recent testing on to:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1327679&

I just read your review, where you say V2400W has no input lag compared to G2400W, and at the same time DigitalVersus has the correct numbers, but on DigitalVersus the G2400W has no input lag, while V2400W has input lag. Could you please clarify?

Are the inverse ghosting artifacts that visible? Like with the Samsung 226B with non-Samsung panels?

Can you guys use 1:1 mode at 1680x1050 resolution? My G2400WD won't do it. Every time I try it goes back to FULL mode.

guys I need a really quick reply. I've got a chance to get a Dell E248 for about $80 less than the BenQ G2400W. Which monitor would you guys choose between these two? Is the BenQ better than the Dell? Does the Dell do 1:1 pixel mapping and have all the other features of the BenQ?

For some reason mostly on dark objects on light backgrounds like text... In games I couldn't detect it with PC, PS3, or 360 games.

Are the inverse ghosting artifacts that visible? Like with the Samsung 226B with non-Samsung panels?

Same internals, different externals. Just the bezel and aesthetics are different. With the G2400WD you can mount iton a stand or VESA mount whereas you can't do this on the V2400W. That's pretty much it.

how's this compared to the V2400?

It's supposed to have 1:1 pixel mapping. That's a good price methinks. Normally this monitor is a huge rip off.

My old 2005FPW has amazing scaling, but not sure about this one. Should work excellent for PC.

guys I need a really quick reply. I've got a chance to get a Dell E248 for about $80 less than the BenQ G2400W. Which monitor would you guys choose between these two? Is the BenQ better than the Dell? Does the Dell do 1:1 pixel mapping and have all the other features of the BenQ?

No, the V2400W won't do it any more either. The G2400W did it just fine in 1:1 ratio.

Stupid firmware. Two steps forward, three steps back.

Can you guys use 1:1 mode at 1680x1050 resolution? My G2400WD won't do it. Every time I try it goes back to FULL mode.

No, the V2400W won't do it any more either. The G2400W did it just fine in 1:1 ratio.

Stupid firmware. Two steps forward, three steps back.

Weird, why would they disable that particular resolution...

For some reason mostly on dark objects on light backgrounds like text... In games I couldn't detect it with PC, PS3, or 360 games.
Is it noticeable at normal viewing distances? Is it noticeable without taking photos of it?

Thanks!

ok, After I sold my G2400W I ordered both G2400WD and Samsung 2493HM so I could watch them between eachother and after doing that I sent the G2400WD back.

The colors are more attractive on the samsung. The G2400WD colors are redish if you understand what I mean and less atractive. The Samsung Also looks better. Out of BLB there was no difference. Both were good.

If you care about the colors I wouldnt buy the BenQ:s

Does anyone have experience with the G2200w one? Wondering if it's the same-ish quality as the 24

Back