BenQ G2400W

Use promo code thankyou10 to save 10% on V2400W at BenQ store $395

Hi all,
Just got the G2400WD today and it is working great. I had to return one to newegg because it would not hold a signal. They ran out of them and refunded my money so I got the monitor + stand deal on the BenQ store.

Anyway, there is one problem I am having. When I turn AMA on I get vertical shimmering lines where there is a solid contiguous color, such as the dark red headers on the [H] forums. In games, such as CS:S, they are very noticeable in the sky and on buildings. I like the effect AMA has on the monitor, less blur on textures, but I am not sure I want to roll the dice + shipping again.

It does this on dvi and hdmi (on the ati card dongle) from 4850 crossfire. I have a dual-link dvi coming, maybe that will help. I know AMA can cause artifacts but is it always this bad? Or is the overdrive on the monitor not working?

Other than that the monitor is perfect, no dead pixels, great color, really fast even without ama, so it probably won't be a deal breaker anyway.

AMA has some inverse ghosting issues, so I don't use it much.

I'm assuming you see this shimmering when you are moving, not when you have just a static image correct? If so then I would just leave it off unless you notice excessive blurring or ghosting.

hmmm.

a few days ago shipping was free for me on benq.us, now shows 31 for the WD and 35 for the ergotron bundle.... was there a labor day thing?

how's the color on this? it's a TN so i'd imagine pretty...basic? the ergotron version is quite a good deal for a 24" with that kind of adjustability, once you factor in the 10% coupon.

The color is accurate. All display modes are usable to customize the colors if you want brighter and richer, or if you want only accuracy, as well as having custom color adjustments to RGB scales.

For a TN it's as good as it gets IMHO without being overly vibrant like wide gamut competition, as it is standard sRGB gamut.

how's the color on this? it's a TN so i'd imagine pretty...basic? the ergotron version is quite a good deal for a 24" with that kind of adjustability, once you factor in the 10% coupon.

Forgot about the promo code. That's not too bad of a deal then.

buy.com just dropped their price on the V2400W to $400 with free shipping, though. Does anyone know how the BenQ store's return policy compares to buy.com's? I could save a little money ordering from buy.com, but I'd like to get it from a store with a good return policy, since I've never seen this monitor in person or anything similar to it.

Damn. went to buy the 2400wd from benq.us today, the stock monitor was 'backorder' but the ergotron bundle was 'in stock'... until I got this email:

The item(s) listed below from your 9/5/2008 order with BenQ is back ordered.Once the product is available, we will ship the entire order. We apologize that we do not have an estimate when more stock will be available.

Hopefully this is a temporary supply problem.

G2400WD color settings.

what color settings are you guys using with your G2400W(D)s? I got mine the other day and while i love the screen size, i felt that with the standard and sRGB settings the top of the screen looked a bit more "brown" than the rest of the screen (while sitting about 2' from the monitor and eye level being about even with the center of the screen.

going to Movie mode seems to give me the best overall eveness in color on the monitor while giving me the best blacks and whites. photo was too blue for me and dynamics seemed over saturated.
brightess and contrast are at stock settings (90/50 respectively).

video card color settings werent touched.

just wanted to get some other's information to better help me enjoy this monitor
I know, its a TN so it wont be 100% color accurate, but i just want to see how others have set their screens up.

thanks in advance.

Standard seem to work best for me... Inducing digital vibrance through my nvidia video card just makes the picture less realistic. So I guess this is a monitor for me I like "booring" not cartoony visuals :)

As for not being good with movies... Remember that I don´t have any other TN panel to compare with I compare it to my LCD TV that is made for displaying movies. I noticed that it´s better with with newer DVD movies so will be interesting when I ever get to buy a bluray drive how close it can get... I can eat my shoes if it turn out to be as good or better though :p

I AM SO CONFUSED!??!!?
I am now in the market looking to upgrade my 2005fpw to a Benq monitor. What is the difference between a G2400WD and a G2400W? I been searching and I'm not even sure if "the other" one even exists

G2400WD is the next generation of G2400W. D stands for better response time (2ms) and dynamic contrast retio 4000:1. Or you can get V2400W - a little higher end than G2400WD - all BenQ monitors you would be able to use thankyou10 promo codes on BenQ's own direct store to save 10% and they also have better retun policy than newegg and buy.com.

I was going to get the Samsung t240 to replace my 2x Samsung 204bs, but I went the cheap route with the g2400wd, and am satisfied all the way through!

So apparently Newegg doesn't carry the G2400wd anymore...i had it in my wishlist and it is no longer there, as well as not showing up with a search

Why not get it from BenQ directly? G2400wd is still available on BenQ's own store an you can also use the promo code to save 10%.

Sorry for the confusion on the Benq.us site, it was on backorder temporarily friday afternoon, its back now, ordered mine friday, shipped today.

BTW in anyone is wondering the Ergotron bundle ships as two packages, I'm assuming its the monitor and stand separately, ie assembly required. I suppose it makes sense that they don't repackage the monitor, I prefer that anyway.

How does this display handle the darker shade of the spectrum? I have the Westinghouse 24" MVA model, and while its sharp as a tack and has great viewing angles, the black crush is terrible. Since Im using an XBOX 360 to drive it, I have no control over the gamma. Dark games that lack in-game gamma control are nearly unplayable. Does this display have a similar problem? Anyone with experience with this display and a 360?

One more question before I hit the buy button. What is the ergotron? Is the ergotron an add on or a replacement? What if I didn't like this "ergotron" would I get the "no ergotron" still?

I grabbed the G2400WD and ergotron bundle for $368 with the promo code and free shipping on Labor day. The ergotron stand ships separate and I got it in 2 days, the monitor arrived in 3.

I only have a crappy 32MB video card to hook it to until I get my new rig built and I haven't setup the ergotron stand yet. You can use the basic stand it comes with if you like, so they are separate. The erogtron looks cool and about all you need to do i mount it to the monitor, snap it on the base, and adjust the tension on the counterbalance for your monitor weight.

NO dead pixels and the picture is really good for a TN. The brightness needed to be turned down though. I really wont get to mess with it more until I have the new rig to power it, I need the desk space right now for hardware assembly.

too bad - it's on backorder now...

Crap! I was just about to order it too...
I'm still going to put my order through and hope the backorder is filled soon.
I also called Customer Support, but they are not informed when Backorders will be filled. So I sent support an email to see if they can get back to me with an ETA.

EDIT: Wow, BenQ just called me about my order being on backorder. An oriental woman by the name of Mia called to say that they don't have any word from the factory yet when the item will be back in stock, but she said she will email me once they know. She said she has already been asked a few times today about the item and that she will be trying to contact the factory directly to get an ETA if possible. She even gave me her direct phone number if I had any other questions.
Even though they don't have the item I want right now, I've very pleased with their service so far.

Alright, so in less than 24 hours BenQ got back to me via eMail stating that the G2400WD won't be back in stock till Oct. 20th. Kind of disappointing, but understandable I suppose. Still awesome customer service.
So now the question, should I wait for go for another monitor....

I heard that V2400WD is using the same panel as G2400WD, if you don't want to wait maybe you can buy V2400W instead. Other than that, FP241VW is a popular model here. I have one and very pleased with it. Someone here said that it has blackout issue but mine works perfect.

I heard that V2400WD is using the same panel as G2400WD, if you don't want to wait maybe you can buy V2400W instead. Other than that, FP241VW is a popular model here. I have one and very pleased with it. Someone here said that it has blackout issue but mine works perfect.

I would get the V2400WD, but I don't really like it's asymmetrical design, and also it's not VESA mount compliant. Plus the G2400WD I'm going to get comes with a nice Ergotron stand for $10 extra (a $45 value). I'm patient enough that I can't wait. Besides, in that time another monitor might popup that I'd rather get. So this backorder is pretty much forcing prudence on me.

I am in the same dilemma. I have read only good things about G2400WD and were about to pull the trigger. Now guess what, it's on back order. I have also noticed that BenQ is having this refurbished
G2400W available on their website $279, http://store.benq.us/benq-us/searchresults.aspx?search_id=4should I just buy this one instead? I really don't wait to wait that long. Anything I should pay attention to when buying a refurbished monitor? Thanks for your help!

I am in the same dilemma. I have read only good things about G2400WD and were about to pull the trigger. Now guess what, it's on back order. I have also noticed that BenQ is having this refurbished
G2400W available on their website $279, http://store.benq.us/benq-us/searchresults.aspx?search_id=4should I just buy this one instead? I really don't wait to wait that long. Anything I should pay attention to when buying a refurbished monitor? Thanks for your help!

Well, you'd be buying it refurb direct from BenQ, which is a good. But usually refurbs only have a 30 day warranty, compared to 3 years for the new product. Just wait till Oct. 20th and get a new one. ;)

Maybe just a regional model?

Did you look at that link? It is different. The G2400W and G2400WD are both listed there.

I'm just wondering if it is the same panel as the G2400WD with a new stand and look, or if it's a new monitor?

You are correct.

It's a G2400WD with a height adjustable stand, apparently. Great idea if you ask me.

The G2400W (with no suffix letter) is the slightly older model without overdrive and dynamic contrast.

Anyone know anything about the BenQ G2400WT.

I just saw this for sale at an online Australian computer store. I went to the BenQ website http://benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1371&page=features and it doesn't really have much info, but it does look to have a stand that is way better than the G2400W.

So 10e, in your review you say the V2400W edges out the G2400W. With the differences you just listed does that mean it still edges out the G2400WD? Man if it wasn't for that silly design the V would be mine right now. And the WD is on backorder...

The G2400WD is the same internals as the V2400W so I wouldn't think that the V2400W is any better or worse, just different aesthetics.

The G2400W was still a very good monitor too, just a little less feature rich..

So 10e, in your review you say the V2400W edges out the G2400W. With the differences you just listed does that mean it still edges out the G2400WD? Man if it wasn't for that silly design the V would be mine right now. And the WD is on backorder...

I have the BenQ G2400WD that I bought in July of 08 and I am wondering how can I make sure I calibrate this right. Does anyone have any settings they found better than the default? Mind sharing them? I don't know if this has been discussed in this 40 page or so topic so if anyone can help me please do so.

I have the BenQ G2400WD that I bought in July of 08 and I am wondering how can I make sure I calibrate this right. Does anyone have any settings they found better than the default? Mind sharing them? I don't know if this has been discussed in this 40 page or so topic so if anyone can help me please do so.
Same here, I bought my WD yesterday though but would still really appreciate some calibration help :)

Back