BenQ G2400W

sRGB mode with 55 contrast 100 brightness is what i use, and i have no trouble with reading text. I'm personally sick of this monitor, it was a good experience to own as an entry level LCD, but for gaming, i need something with a better response time.

sRGB mode with 55 contrast 100 brightness is what i use, and i have no trouble with reading text. I'm personally sick of this monitor, it was a good experience to own as an entry level LCD, but for gaming, i need something with a better response time.

Better response time for gaming? Isn't this monitor hailed as the grand daddy of gaming moniters?

why don't any of the major retailers have this in stock anymore? has it been discontinuted? is there a new model as its repalcement?

why don't any of the major retailers have this in stock anymore? has it been discontinuted? is there a new model as its repalcement?

The G2400WD replaced it I believe. According to the BenQ site, the G2400WD will be back in production at the end of October.

The store site says:
G2400WD - 24'' Wide LCD Monitor BLK (10/30 Release Date)

The G2400WD replaced it I believe. According to the BenQ site, the G2400WD will be back in production at the end of October.

The store site says:

I saw that on the their store site. I thought that was kinda strange that it would be in production for a couple years, go out, then come back.

I'm personally sick of this monitor, it was a good experience to own as an entry level LCD, but for gaming, i need something with a better response time.

What!?

Option A) Get a CRT
Option B) Get off the drugs

/agree i love my g2400wd.

after using it for months, and having several friends get other 22-24" LCD's, i still think its the best looking and def the best for gaming. And some of my friends got expensive ass PVAs and stuff.

I saw a dell that had great colors, but my g2400wd still had darker blacks, way less input lag, and much more reactivity

Wholeheartedly disagree

What!?

Option A) Get a CRT
Option B) Get off the drugs

Wholeheartedly agree

I'm glad they aren't discontinuing these screens. That would be silly. There are still no new 23" or 24" TN screens that eclipse these at the top of the heap, especially for gaming, text, color accuracy, ratio scaling, etc....

Is anyone having a problem with this monitor cycling modes by itself? I've just RMA'd my original for this problem, and a month later this refurbished one is starting to do it as well. If Im going to have to RMA this thing so often I might as well used the shipping money for a brand new monitor, geez

Edit: Eh forget this post, apparently this refurb is the actual monitor I shipped back with the same serial, I guess BenQ didnt fix it the first time around....

Last edited:
thats a 16:9 1920x1080 monitor (ugh).
BenQ has a bunch of them G2410,G2411,G2412,E2400... not sure what the differences are.

BTW I finally found a V2400W in stock.
They were disappearing from stores so I'm extremely glad I stumbled upon one.
Great monitor, it has everything I want.

I have had two of these monitors almost a year and half and then a month or two later bought my third G2400WD and it has been fantastic ever since I unboxed them. All sitting on Neo-Flex stands and running off my gaming rig in sig, no whining, no massive heat output, all perform amazingly well and purchased all from Benq. Two retail and one refurb and only had 3 stuck pixels when I packaged them but managed to get them unstuck so now 0 dead pixels on 5760 x 1200 rez. :D

Best monitors I could have gotten, nice deep blacks and only ever play FPS games with no ghosting, lag or issues there either, also look great on HD cable that comes in over an HDMI connector too.

If anyone is interested, I have a mint condition, barely used, no dead or stuck pixels V2400W. This monitor is perfect and I loved it for gaming, but I am in my 40's and recently was diagnosed with a serious eye disease and having trouble reading small text. So I had to buy a larger 27" monitor with lower resolution of 1920x1080 so I can read webpages. At first I was going to put the V2400W on ebay, then I decided it was too nice of a monitor and I would keep it till my kids get old enough for a computer. After seeing knowlegeable people on this site wanting this great monitor, if you have paypal and email me a good offer, I would consider selling it and you would have no worries about bad pixels since this panel is perfect. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

Well, if I was going for dual monitors, would it be worth it for me to find another one of these? I have to admit, I do love my G2400W for my PS3 and PC.

This is apparently the best TN monitor but they stopped selling it, of course. :mad: Where am I suppose to find one of these now or an alternative PS3/gaming monitor.

Grab the VW246H or VW266H. They are nearly the same and I love mine so far. You can't beat them for the price and 3 year warranty. Mine has no dead pixels and a pretty darn good backlight. I don't care that much about color accuracy, but this one seems good to me.

recently i got a HDMI cable, everything works well with this monitor with HDMI, except when monitor goes to sleep. It changes to BLUE color on the screen, not bsod but BLUE SCREEN, as soon as a move my mouse it goes back to desktop. If i walk away, monitor goes to sleep and its BLUE when i come back lol... using 9.4 WQHL from 5/5 on 4890's Windows 7

I'm having this problem too. Any fix?

Will it hurt the longevity of the screen to have it be on blue a lot of the time?

I'm having this problem too. Any fix?

Will it hurt the longevity of the screen to have it be on blue a lot of the time?

You could just push the little power button and turn the monitor off. Unless you mounted it out of reach or something.

Actually the power button is broken. I have to stick a pen in there to push it.

Hi,

I've finally found out that using RGB + Full gives me the best image for BD playback & gaming.

My issues are...

1) The bars up and down (since the monitor is 1200 and HD is 1080) aren't true black but grayish... it's NOT that bad.. just annoying but I feel I'll eventually get use to it. In the meantime, is there a way to set those to true black? (I assume the PS3 can't since it addresses only 1080p.

2) when playing BD, I sometimes see what I will refer to noise in the BD. I KNOW the image is full 1080p as the quality is amazing, but on some scenes, a lot of noise (tiny dots of different colors mixed in with the image).

I'm assuming it's because this monitor is a TN panel 18bit (emulating 24bit). If so, I guess I'm stuck with this. And although it's not that bad and I know I'll get used to it, I noticed that this does NOT show up while I'm using the monitor on the PC and watching 1080p on Youtube for example -- but prehaps they're using limited RGB.. not sure there.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this and any help/confirmations would be much appreciated...

Rej

1. I find they're really more like dark gray too, especially in the dark. It's not something I worry about, as at this point these displays still haven't achieved a true black yet. Although, with a 1080p input there's also the noise in those bars which I imagine you've read about.

2. I really don't know what you're talking about, unless you're just referring to film grain. Grain is a natural part of the image. In fact, one of the great things about BD is that it can resolve the fine grain in film more clearly. It could also be noise from a digital camera, which is more noticable in dark scenes. Note that Pixar movies won't have any grain or noise, so if you see the same "noise" in those, it must be something else.

BTW, about the HDMI blue screen, I'm not sure if it's a defect or if the protocol doesn't allow the computer to "tell" the monitor to go dark. If you don't need the audio on the same cable, you won't have this problem if you can use DVI instead. You could get a switch if you need more than one input.

Thanks for replying Drexl..

Yes, I probably mean the Grain when I refer to the noise (dots of different colors). I've really noticed it since I got the PS3. Some scenes won't show any while in others it's very noticeable.

I'll rent a Pixar/Disney film in 3D to see if I get the same result.

As for the multiple input part, I'm planning on a switch (already know which one) since I have both a DVR HD & the PS3 now. Although I know the one I'll buy, if you know of a good one not too expensive, please feel free to share the info :)

Regards,

R

The technology still needs to evolve a bit for any LCD monitor out there right now. We need true 120Hz with no sacrifice on display or response time and this could take a while. For those complaining about the response time on these BenQ monitors (and not many have), try turning off vsync and that might help a bit. I'm still happy with my BenQ. The only complaint still remains the stuck pixels in that one spot, but they go away if I game for a few days in a row. Maybe I'll get lucky with my next LCD and I won't have any stuck/dead pixels.:)

Anyone know why the I can't choose Display Modes through DVI on this monitor? Is it because I already have it set to the native resolution and it does 1:1 pixel mapping automatically?

Still working for me and I was just trying to get an old game to work with that previous question but I figured it out.:)

Has anyone else had problems with their DVI input not going to sleep?

I've used VGA forever, because I like my monitor to automatically go to sleep when I tell it to in windows. I thought it was my graphics card (Really old)

Built a new computer, and assumed the problem would be gone - still the same. DVI just stays on indefinitely. I already know HDMI does that - does DVI do that to others too?

I've had mine since July 2008.

So - realized the screen saver wasn't running either. Disconnected the mouse (had to install correct driver - fixed issue) and screen saver went and - voila! - the DVI input went to sleep like it should. I'm ecstatic! I can finally have a fully digital display that functions correctly :) No more analog. haha

BTW - I've loved this 2400W since the day I bought it! Few hours of xbox on it too.

Strange the screen saver setting fixed it.

Glad you got it working. My G2400W had the same issue as well though it was intermittent. That monitor had some strange issues but it is a fantastic screen.

Bumping up an old thread instead of creating one.

A friend of mine is in the market for a new monitor and I am thinking of selling him my G2400WD. Is there any other monitor in the market that is better than this one in the 24" segment? (TN Panel, I mean). I wouldn't want to sell him this one without checking if he could find something better for his money.

Is there still a market for the G2400W? What kind of value could I get out of a used one, no dead pixels?

I've been debating if I should sell mine and get something like the Dell U2412? If still holds it's value well I may do that. Is the image quality superior on the Dell? Are they about the same for gaming?

I've also considered just getting another G2400W or a WD. Would a G2400WD be noticeably different with its dynamic contrast right next to a G2400W? Can that option be turned off?

Is there still a market for the G2400W? What kind of value could I get out of a used one, no dead pixels?

I've been debating if I should sell mine and get something like the Dell U2412? If still holds it's value well I may do that. Is the image quality superior on the Dell? Are they about the same for gaming?

I've also considered just getting another G2400W or a WD. Would a G2400WD be noticeably different with its dynamic contrast right next to a G2400W? Can that option be turned off?

Yes both AMA and Dynamic Contrast can be turned off on the G2400WD and V2400W.

I can't comment on what value the G2400W brings. It does have the advantage of being 1920x1200 versus the 1920x1080 panels out there.

Yes both AMA and Dynamic Contrast can be turned off on the G2400WD and V2400W.

I can't comment on what value the G2400W brings. It does have the advantage of being 1920x1200 versus the 1920x1080 panels out there.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try digging around for a WD then and if I can't find one cheap I'll just sell mine and target the Dell.

Back