BenQ G2400W

Can't you use the PS3's standard AV cable which comes with the unit, find a female RCA to headphone jack converter and get that to go line in to the sound card directly? This requires being set to the A/V SCART audio setting.

When the monitor outputs sound to the headphone jack it is slightly amplified (for headphone usage) which may be above the tolerance for the line in. Line in is not supposed to get amplification.

Basically you need a cable with two female RCA to one 3.5mm headphone jack.

Something like this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Attach the PS3s red and white cables out, and then straight to the sound card. Forget about the HDMI audio through the monitor it doesn't work properly going out through a headphone jack as it is.

Sound good? oops, pardon the pun :)

10e

Has anyone came across problems trying to send the monitor's audio output from the headphone jack to the computer's input jack without the sound being buggered?

When I first ran the audio from the monitor to the soundcard, it sounded distorted, even if I played around with the monitor's volume. And now, I can't even get the sound out anymore. I have to either move the speaker's jack from the sound card to the monitor directly and visa verse. Or set PS3 to output audio through "Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI", then connect those cables to the tv box, then output the audio from the tv box to the sound card. It sounds better than when connecting from monitor to sound card, but then it has a buzzing noise. Plus, I feel that the sound lags behind a little, I feel. I dont know if the lag is all in my mind because im expecting it to be there if I connected: PS3 -> TV box -> PC -> Speakers, while the display is just: PS3 -> Monitor.

So my question is, how do I set up my system in such a way that I get the following results:

PS3 -> HDMI (including audio) -> Monitor -> Soundcard -> Speakers,
whithout the sound being buggered?
Any hints on how I should configure the sound card?
What should I set the Monitor's volume level to be so that it doesn't mess up the sound?
Which audio output formats should I select in the PS3's audio settings, Im not sure which ones are supported by the monitor and which ones are not. Im speaking here about the frequency and not channels i.e 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz.
But for interest's sake, how well does the monitor handle down mixing from 5.1/7.1 to 2.0.
Should I only send 2 channels to the monitor?

If this info will help, im using the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1.
All I really want is to use the soundcard together with my S750s gigaworks speakers as an all round sound system. Every thing must go through the sound card.

Any suggestions will help.
BTW, please dont suggest that I spend more cash to solve this problem. You can imagine what the soundcard + speakers + monitor + PS3 add up to.

if the problem is only in your game then how about just raising the gamma?

I could... but I'd rather have the brightness at a level so I only have to adjust it once and it's good to go for all games since all my games are a tad bit dark.

I went into the nvidia panel but for some reason adjusting the brightness or gamma there does not make the text more visible.

I have been offered 75% of the prize of a new G2400WD for my 1 month old G2400W.

I liked G2400W in the beginning but after I went to a friends place and saw his Samsung 226BW I found the G2400W colors to dull and wasched. Except the dull colors I really like G2400W. The viewing angles and backlight is very good, the text is sharpe and the design is pretty nice also. However I want more vibrant colors so I think I will sell it cause I think I got a pretty good offer.

The question is whether I should go for Samsung 2493HM, LG W2452T or Benq G2400WD. Which one of these monitors have the most vibrant colors?

And are the colors really more vibrant in G2400WD than G2400W?

The question is whether I should go for Samsung 2493HM, LG W2452T or Benq G2400WD. Which one of these monitors have the most vibrant colors?

I don't have any experience with the Samsung, LG, or G2400W, but I do have a G2400WD. Although the colors on the G2400WD are accurate, I wouldn't call them vibrant. The picture doesn't pop out at you like it does on some other monitors (for example, the Gateway FHD2400).

I absolutely love my G2400WD for all of its other features (hi-def sources like xbox 360 and high-end pc games look great, minimal backlight bleeding, accurate colors right out of the box, matte screen), but if vibrant colors are your greatest concern then you'll want to look elsewhere.

"Is it possible to check them out side by side at the store?"

Nope. sadly not.

I was hoping for someone that has tested them to tell which has the most vibrant colors.

The thing is with vibrant colours is that they are usually saturated and not accurate. Do you got pics of your G2400WD running a console game...?

I don't have any experience with the Samsung, LG, or G2400W, but I do have a G2400WD. Although the colors on the G2400WD are accurate, I wouldn't call them vibrant. The picture doesn't pop out at you like it does on some other monitors (for example, the Gateway FHD2400).

I absolutely love my G2400WD for all of its other features (hi-def sources like xbox 360 and high-end pc games look great, minimal backlight bleeding, accurate colors right out of the box, matte screen), but if vibrant colors are your greatest concern then you'll want to look elsewhere.

But the Gateway is as far as I know glossy screen. Just as with HP w2408h you get most vibrant colors with glossy screens but I want it matte. Therefor those are not an option for me. I just want a matte screen with rather vibrant colors. G2400w is great but I must admit that the 226BW have more vibrant colors.

But the Gateway is as far as I know glossy screen. Just as with HP w2408h you get most vibrant colors with glossy screens but I want it matte. Therefor those are not an option for me.

Yes you're right, the Gateway FHD2400 is glossy. And I hated the glossiness for the most part (watching yourself playing a dark game is not fun), but it did make bright games and movies very vibrant and amazing to watch.

Anyone know what color the bezel is on this ( actually)? Here it shows it black, on newegg it shows it black...but at the BenQ online store where i prefer to buy it...it shows it as silver..there is no contact number at the online store..to know before I buy....

Okay so I decided to keep this since I'm using this mostly for productivity since I have a 40" samsung LCD not 1080p though. Anyways one problem that is really ticking me off is that it seems that whatever 1080p content I am streaming or download, there is a lag in the video where it looks all choppy and is not smooth. Is that due to my 128mb gs8400m chip in my laptop? I have it hooked up via hdmi

I think the panel in the G2400WD is the same as the V2400W. I would say they are more vibrant, but slightly less accurate than the G2400W. Even then the difference is small and almost unnoticeable, it is generally a bit more colorful.

The 2493HM is a more vibrant panel than the G2400W but I compared the two and I kept the G2400W, because even though it was less colorful, it was more accurate and the dark greys weren't brown like on the 2493HM. It was a nice monitor, but the hard to see touch buttons were painful to use too.

Many of the same things you liked on your G2400W are there on the G2400WD.

I am more inclined to be interested in the W2452V. There is an actual overscan control (like the G2400W/WD) that looks like it may offer better image scaling options than the W2452T. I'm not sure if it's available in your area yet. It just became available here in Canada recently.

I have been offered 75% of the prize of a new G2400WD for my 1 month old G2400W.

I liked G2400W in the beginning but after I went to a friends place and saw his Samsung 226BW I found the G2400W colors to dull and wasched. Except the dull colors I really like G2400W. The viewing angles and backlight is very good, the text is sharpe and the design is pretty nice also. However I want more vibrant colors so I think I will sell it cause I think I got a pretty good offer.

Likely the case. Unless you have an E6850 or better CPU in that laptop, the 8400's video processor is not up to the task of 1080p.

Okay so I decided to keep this since I'm using this mostly for productivity since I have a 40" samsung LCD not 1080p though. Anyways one problem that is really ticking me off is that it seems that whatever 1080p content I am streaming or download, there is a lag in the video where it looks all choppy and is not smooth. Is that due to my 128mb gs8400m chip in my laptop? I have it hooked up via hdmi

Hey guys!

I just purchased a G2400WD on Tuesday, arrived today from Buy.com. First, a few things. I got the drivers installed off the disc, but they registered as G2400W drivers, I'm assuming that's fine?

Well, I can select 1920x1200 now, but when I do it goes off the screen. As in, I don't see the full resolution on the screen. (this is running VGA) Right now I'm running 1680x1050 just so it doesn't go off the screen. Any idea why this is happening?? (bad drivers?)

Now, the big deal! Part of the reason I bought this BenQ was so I could run my 360 on it at 1080p. Right now I'm using an HDMI > DVI cable, but an HDMI>HDMI cable is in the mail. Well, it works. HOWEVER, when I set the 360 to 1920x1080 and the BenQ to 1:1, I get some MASSIVE tearing. The game is all choppy (GTA IV) and I can barely play! HOWEVER, when I set the display from 1:1 to Full (as in it stretches it) there's no more choppiness. I'm really confused by this...

I tested 720p (1368x768 or something like that) and set the BenQ to 1:1 and it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas here? Could it be a crappy HDMI>DVI cable? (maybe my HDMI cable will fix it?)

Another thing I noticed is I have a lot of backlight bleeding right now. As I use the monitor, will this go away some? AND, if I'm standing above the monitor, I see a bunch of circular patterns at the bottom middle of the screen. Just picture a bunch of half circles in changing dimaters coming from the bottom middle. I don't see it when looking straight on, but the backlight bleeding that I do see on a black screen seems to follow the same patterns.

Suggestions and Ideas welcome! if it's a monitor issue, I need to figure out if I need a replacement before 1.5weeks goes by! :) THANKS!

wow, i had none of these issues on my order which i've had a week or so. In fact, the backlight bleeding was nil

Think it could be a faulty monitor? I'll try to get some pics tomorrow in a dark room. Maybe I'm just being silly? lol

if you see it, you see it :) If it bothers you, i would demand a replacement ( if you got it a place other the the egg) hehe

Hey guys!

I just purchased a G2400WD on Tuesday, arrived today from Buy.com. First, a few things. I got the drivers installed off the disc, but they registered as G2400W drivers, I'm assuming that's fine?

Well, I can select 1920x1200 now, but when I do it goes off the screen. As in, I don't see the full resolution on the screen. (this is running VGA) Right now I'm running 1680x1050 just so it doesn't go off the screen. Any idea why this is happening?? (bad drivers?)

Now, the big deal! Part of the reason I bought this BenQ was so I could run my 360 on it at 1080p. Right now I'm using an HDMI > DVI cable, but an HDMI>HDMI cable is in the mail. Well, it works. HOWEVER, when I set the 360 to 1920x1080 and the BenQ to 1:1, I get some MASSIVE tearing. The game is all choppy (GTA IV) and I can barely play! HOWEVER, when I set the display from 1:1 to Full (as in it stretches it) there's no more choppiness. I'm really confused by this...

I tested 720p (1368x768 or something like that) and set the BenQ to 1:1 and it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas here? Could it be a crappy HDMI>DVI cable? (maybe my HDMI cable will fix it?)

Another thing I noticed is I have a lot of backlight bleeding right now. As I use the monitor, will this go away some? AND, if I'm standing above the monitor, I see a bunch of circular patterns at the bottom middle of the screen. Just picture a bunch of half circles in changing dimaters coming from the bottom middle. I don't see it when looking straight on, but the backlight bleeding that I do see on a black screen seems to follow the same patterns.

Suggestions and Ideas welcome! if it's a monitor issue, I need to figure out if I need a replacement before 1.5weeks goes by! :) THANKS!
Perhaps there's some kind of processing on the panel's part to do 1:1 pixel mapping? I don't know...it's just a guess.

Anyways, Microsoft confirmed at E3 that 16:10 resolutions will be supported in an upcoming console update. They mentioned 1440*990 support, and 1680*1050 support. I don't see why they wouldn't include 1920*1200 in the mix.

As for your display... it sounds a little quirky. Get it replaced if you can.

I've seen the tearing with the V2400W as well with 360 over HDMI only, but I never experienced it with the G2400W.

With the V2400W I just power cycled the monitor and it went away. I also experienced it with the 360 over HDMI so it's not isolated to the cable or DVI interface. Even the blades in the dashboard had significant tearing. It has only done it once or twice, and each time I power cycled the monitor and it went away. It never went away if I just simply rebooted the Xbox so I'm assuming it's a monitor "bug". I don't ever remember seeing it with 720p either.

Concerning the "half" circles in the backlight bleed, I would assume you'd see some weird patterns from above as TNs lighten severely from above, and the G2400W/WD/V2400W are no different, but do these circles look like circles or are they just changes in "cloudiness"?

Also if there is significant BLB, move back a couple of feet and see if it's still significant. If it is I would exchange it.

Good luck.

Hey guys!

This is great news if they do. This means that the G2400WD and V2400W will also be perfect VGA monitors for the 360, which I think is great. Good on Microsoft. For once :)

I would hope 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 will be supported as well.

Perhaps there's some kind of processing on the panel's part to do 1:1 pixel mapping? I don't know...it's just a guess.

Anyways, Microsoft confirmed at E3 that 16:10 resolutions will be supported in an upcoming console update. They mentioned 1440*990 support, and 1680*1050 support. I don't see why they wouldn't include 1920*1200 in the mix.

That's awesome news. Hopefully Sony will follow suit...

They look like circles. I'll get a few pics.

Just tried the power cycling idea, and still the same amount of tearing. I just used the same power cord as my Westinghouse that I'm replacing, that shouldn't matter, right? I'm going to try the DVI cable on my PC tomorrow and see if anything tears off of my computer using 1:1. I have a feeling maybe its my hdmi>dvi cable I'm using with my box.

I'll reply back in a few days with more pics! :)

Thanks guys!

Alrighty! So, I did some "recon" if you will. I took a few pictures of the backlight bleeding that I'm getting. For comparison's sake, I put my Westinghouse 22w2 (black friday 1.5 yrs ago) up using VGA and took a pic of it's backlight bleed. Don't mind the huge line down the middle, the damn line was sporatic at first, and I'd tap the screen to get it to go away. However, it's there for good now. SO, that's why i'm getting the replacement! :)

Note: any pink dots you see, it's dead pixels on my camera - no dead pixels on the G2400WD! :) (I hope my replacement is this way!)

Westinghouse 22w2 Backlight Bleed (or rather BLACK screen): http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/Westy_22w2_blb.jpg

G2400WD Backlight Bleed:
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_blb.jpg
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_blb2.jpg

The weird circle/ring thing at the bottom of the G2400WD
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_ring1.jpg
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_ring2.jpg

1080p tearing with 360: (the best example)
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/gta_1080p_1.1_3.avi (right click save)

The tearing is only bad at 1080p (assuming it's 1080p and not i, going to try a hdmi cable in a bit). But, if I run GTA at 720p at 1:1 OR aspect full, it looks great. SLIGHT tearing, but it still looks amazing. By slight, I mean, i notice it maybe every 15 minutes for maybe one frame. I'll let you know what I find out with the hdmi cable.

Take a look, and let me know what you guys think. Is that more bleeding than I should eb getting??

Thanks!

Couple other things I wanna mention:
- a restart fixed the resolution issue
- When is the display format setting selectable? At odd times, I can't even choose a setting, like at certain resolutions, it will make it full screen, and i don't have the option to do 1:1.
- Is there any way to adjust RGB settings on this monitor, or is that a no?
- What are the ideal settings for this monitor? (can anyone direct me to the post that has them?)

THANKS AGAIN! :D

EDIT

Just tried an HDMI cable from a friend, and I was able to power cycle and get the tearing to stop. But it seems like I have to each time I run it? Also, when I'm running 1080p via HDMI cable, it has those scanline things on the bottom (in the black bar) (i think they were mentioned when testing with a PS3?) is that normal? After playing for a while, I didn't notice them anymore. But, is this normal too?

Return/exchange the monitor. Those weird circles are reason enough. That is more than enough to me. Send them a photo and a request for an RMA in the same email :)

I got tearing over HDMI once in a while, not every time I used 360.

The bleeding doesn't seem horrible, though still not great.

The little "scan line" noise at the bottom is normal. They don't bug me. Mileage may vary though. They are both top and bottom, but are more visible from the bottom because TN panels brighten from above.

Alrighty! So, I did some "recon" if you will. I took a few pictures of the backlight bleeding that I'm getting. For comparison's sake, I put my Westinghouse 22w2 (black friday 1.5 yrs ago) up using VGA and took a pic of it's backlight bleed. Don't mind the huge line down the middle, the damn line was sporatic at first, and I'd tap the screen to get it to go away. However, it's there for good now. SO, that's why i'm getting the replacement! :)

Note: any pink dots you see, it's dead pixels on my camera - no dead pixels on the G2400WD! :) (I hope my replacement is this way!)

Westinghouse 22w2 Backlight Bleed (or rather BLACK screen): http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/Westy_22w2_blb.jpg

G2400WD Backlight Bleed:
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_blb.jpg
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_blb2.jpg

The weird circle/ring thing at the bottom of the G2400WD
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_ring1.jpg
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/G2400WD_ring2.jpg

1080p tearing with 360: (the best example)
http://www.electrontek.com/g2400wd/gta_1080p_1.1_3.avi (right click save)

The tearing is only bad at 1080p (assuming it's 1080p and not i, going to try a hdmi cable in a bit). But, if I run GTA at 720p at 1:1 OR aspect full, it looks great. SLIGHT tearing, but it still looks amazing. By slight, I mean, i notice it maybe every 15 minutes for maybe one frame. I'll let you know what I find out with the hdmi cable.

Take a look, and let me know what you guys think. Is that more bleeding than I should eb getting??

Thanks!

Couple other things I wanna mention:
- a restart fixed the resolution issue
- When is the display format setting selectable? At odd times, I can't even choose a setting, like at certain resolutions, it will make it full screen, and i don't have the option to do 1:1.
- Is there any way to adjust RGB settings on this monitor, or is that a no?
- What are the ideal settings for this monitor? (can anyone direct me to the post that has them?)

THANKS AGAIN! :D

EDIT

Just tried an HDMI cable from a friend, and I was able to power cycle and get the tearing to stop. But it seems like I have to each time I run it? Also, when I'm running 1080p via HDMI cable, it has those scanline things on the bottom (in the black bar) (i think they were mentioned when testing with a PS3?) is that normal? After playing for a while, I didn't notice them anymore. But, is this normal too?

Read whole topic and I've seen many people got it to work with PS3 just fine so just checking again, will there be any problems with it while I play ps3? What are possible problems ? :S
And buying G2400WD version...

Well afaik D is new version and old one isn't being made anymore. And new one got some new neat stuff.

Does anyone know if this monitor can do 75hz without skipping frames? (G2400WD)

LOL, what I find funny about that is I have an old TV here and its remote control is dead, so I use a 2 metre wooden stick to turn it on/off and change channels without getting up from the couch :p The great thing is the stick is like a universal remote, I also use it to close the door in my room if I sit down without remembering to close the door. ;)

In essence you have what should be a "universal" pointing stick :D. I'm assuming your also very close to the door as well....

Attach the PS3s red and white cables out, and then straight to the sound card. Forget about the HDMI audio through the monitor it doesn't work properly going out through a headphone jack as it is.

Sound good? oops, pardon the pun

Thanks for the tip, it sounds good. The idea I mean. I will try it out

Read whole topic and I've seen many people got it to work with PS3 just fine so just checking again, will there be any problems with it while I play ps3? What are possible problems ? :S
And buying G2400WD version...

I use it for both PC and PS3, though the main reason I bought it was for PS3.
Let me tell you something, you need this monitor. Be it V2400W, G2400WD, or G2400W, get it.

The only glitch you will encounter is the "scan line" or "flickering" on the top and bottom of the monitor that have been talked about a lot. But you tend to forget about them after a while as their visibility depends on your viewing angle as 10e stated. They are not as bad as people stress about them, I know I used to be one of them. Plus since you will be using it for PS3, I don't have a single game that runs on 1080p, which is the resolution that manifests the "flickering".

Viewing angles, don't worry about that. I played Top Spin 3 side by side with my friend, it still looked good. No change in colour or brightness. Not the best viewing angle, but again, who plays games at 170 degrees from monitor.

Response time, dont mention it.:cool:

Connectivity, dont mention it too. Though depending on how your current Sound set up is, you might end up using a bit of creativity to get the sound you want.:D

The only irritating thing about it, is switching between the input modes with that undercover button. I wish there was a better way. But hey, you have to take the good with the bad.:mad:

If you are interested to know, I played and still playing the following games on it, all on 720p Aspect scaling:

- PES 2008, Ok. I first thought the monitor had an input lag until I found out that the game itself has a refresh rate issue.
- GTA 4, Awesome.
- Warhalk, Awesome.
- Assassin's Creed, Smooth.
- Tonny Hawk
- last and not least, TOP SPIN 3. boy I love this game on this MONITOR.
Ive got sore thumbs, and purple thumb nails to prove it:)

I dont see a reason why you shouldnt get this baby, unless the W2452V is a better monitor. I havent researched on it, but it sounds promising, 2ms (GT)? not bad.

Back