Battlefield V

When you can bind pitch up/down to a key, there's no difference in turning speed with keyboard or joystick.
Like DPI said, when you put some hours into something, you can master that.

Yeah. Back in bfvietnam and bf2, I was a fair chopper pilot. Nowhere near my match pilots level but ok. With planes, I have always sucked. I just fly and bomb until someone gets on my tail and I either kamikaze or bail.

Just bought the game, after installation, I cant even launch this game.

Origin minimized for few seconds, then return back to Origin main screen..... Anyone having same issue?

I reinstall origin / cache clean / Reinstall.... you named it....

Just bought the game, after installation, I cant even launch this game.

Origin minimized for few seconds, then return back to Origin main screen..... Anyone having same issue?

I reinstall origin / cache clean / Reinstall.... you named it....
do you have more than one monitor? try disabling the others and relaunch

Tried both, none are helping... Looks like its a widespread issue from BFV forums...
what about clicking the gear icon for bfv in origin and doing a repair? or disabling all your startup apps. including av. could be a firewall issue.

try searching for the issue with bf1. they are both similar games and bf1 could have the same problem and a solution for it.

Try bringing up the Origin window after launching.

Had this happen with a few games- Origin was asking about save files, and the game was waiting.

Yeah sometimes disabling the overlay fixes this and other times disabling cloudsaves does it.

Anyone noticing any performance issues on the servers this weekend? I haven't played since last Thanksgiving weekend, but everything seems laggy and slow now. Been having issues from not hearing footsteps of people around me, bullets not registering (debatable yes...but I would argue when im point blank and unloaded half a clip into someone, but they end up killing me still is suspect), and just general low FPS (getting 40 to 60 this weekend compared to high 80's last weekend) and even with that framerate, the performance just feels choppy?

The servers get ddossed constantly. If your server is sucking. Switch to another. It could also be the server itself. Usually when I switch it works better. We were in a server that was getting crappy and left. Next server was fine.

Battlefield V DXR Ray Tracing + HDR Gaming - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA

bfv.jpg

So fucking tired of this map loading bug. I get one match and then it just shows the same map for the next loading screen and nothing happens.

I've already grown bored of the game. What's somewhat frustrating as well is that they still haven't fixed the OP bombers - I figured that would have been fixed at least a week ago. I got about 40 hours of playtime out of the game so I feel like I got good value out of the $15 buck for Origin Premier - Also played through The Surge. Won't be paying again though.

I've already grown bored of the game. What's somewhat frustrating as well is that they still haven't fixed the OP bombers - I figured that would have been fixed at least a week ago. I got about 40 hours of playtime out of the game so I feel like I got good value out of the $15 buck for Origin Premier - Also played through The Surge. Won't be paying again though.
the dec 4 update is said to have 4 pages of patch notes. maybe they used a large font size lol. i got 32 hours in and I'm not close to bored but I'm going to make sure I play fortnite on the side cause I will get bored if all I play is bf5. I just hit lvl 20 as medic. I'm lvl 12 I think as assault, looking foward to getting the stg. I've put 5 minutes into the tanks and no time flying. so I have alot I want to do.

What's somewhat frustrating as well is that they still haven't fixed the OP bombers - I figured that would have been fixed at least a week ago.
Fix what? Fighters shred them in 2 seconds. AA tanks also annihilate them. I jump into an upgraded AA tank and nothing flies anymore.

I'd expect some kind of tweak to the bomber/AA meta on Tuesday though, DICE always relents to the infantry-only crowd.

Last edited:
Fix what? Fighters shred them in 2 seconds. AA tanks also annihilate them.

I'd expect some kind of tweak on Tuesday though, DICE always relents to the infantry-only crowd.
No they don’t, and about all I play are AA tanks.

No they don’t, and about all I play are AA tanks.
Then clearly we're playing different games or you're not using the correct cannon. And most people don't know you'll be more effective on stationary AA as engineer class (overheat is far longer).

Any case, it's sounding like AA will do more damage to bombers starting Tuesday based on hints from the DICE devs.

Then clearly we're playing different games or you're not using the correct cannon. And most people don't know you'll be more effective on stationary AA as engineer class (overheat is far longer).

Any case, it's sounding like AA will do more damage to bombers starting Tuesday based on hints from the DICE devs.
That’s the point- the quad/tri does almost no measurable damage to bombers when it should.

Cancelled my Origin Premier as well, if I ever get my free copy from MSI I will play on my off time, but I will say I liked it better than BF1. Just not a fan of today's gamer's, 3 guys play the objectives while everyone else just camps out their KVD while running to each flag. Its really a running simulator more than anything.

Waiting for JC4 to unlock now.

Cancelled my Origin Premier as well, if I ever get my free copy from MSI I will play on my off time, but I will say I liked it better than BF1. Just not a fan of today's gamer's, 3 guys play the objectives while everyone else just camps out their KVD while running to each flag. Its really a running simulator more than anything.

Waiting for JC4 to unlock now.
I think I understand what your saying. people need to defend flags instead of always running to the next one the cap? my crew and I try to focus on defending a flag or two that are near each other.

Fix what? Fighters shred them in 2 seconds. AA tanks also annihilate them. I jump into an upgraded AA tank and nothing flies anymore.

I'd expect some kind of tweak to the bomber/AA meta on Tuesday though, DICE always relents to the infantry-only crowd.

them taking damage isn't the entire problem, it's the fact that they can self repair instantly with damn near no risk due to how far you can fly from the fight.. so all you do is bomb, repair, bomb, repair, bomb, repair.. it's the repair mechanic that needs to change more than anything.

I think I understand what your saying. people need to defend flags instead of always running to the next one the cap? my crew and I try to focus on defending a flag or two that are near each other.

Pretty much...

them taking damage isn't the entire problem, it's the fact that they can self repair instantly with damn near no risk due to how far you can fly from the fight.. so all you do is bomb, repair, bomb, repair, bomb, repair.. it's the repair mechanic that needs to change more than anything.
This is totally valid. The repair does seem spammy right now. Thinking back to flying jets in BF3/BF4, if the MAA shot my jet to 25-50% health, I was hanging out in the stratosphere or the edge of the map somewhere waiting for auto-repair to bring me back to at least 75% before rushing into another engagement.

AA is about aerial denial rather than EZkills, but it's pointless if a bomber can make an immediate u-turn and re-engage 7sec later.

We have fun on Fridays. Usually manage to get two squads or more playing together. We don't always win but it sure is more fun with teamwork. FistxSpaceman if you want to join a squad that at least tries to move together and hold points.

Yeah I think I've had it upgraded for a while but I went a different route.

It's awesome when you get a sustained burst on a target but there's just no hope if a fighter gets on you :(

Yep, you absolutely have to fully upgrade the AA tanks down the AA side of the skill tree instead of the Anti-Infantry side. They will shred bombers if you know how to properly lead targets and get the range right. The flaming onion rounds on the whirblewind make a massive difference. The AA tanks fare better on being able to hide in the trees of Twisted Steel or use the huge map size and hazy weather of Hamada to their advantage. The yellow grass and small size of Arras makes the AA tanks stick out like painted targets.

On the British side, the Spitfire Mk VA works best with the 4 extra fast firing gun upgrade.

On the German side, the BF109G2 will instakill anything with the rockets. The G6 does well with the menningschloss [sp?] explosive rounds, but not nearly as insane as the rockets. All you have to do is wait until the pilot stops maneuvering, especially when they switch to the gunner seat, POW! Those pilots rage so much as they quite literally see the rockets hit before they even get a shot off. I prefer the G2 to the G6 since I can get the upgraded wing flaps, radar, and rockets with the skill tree.

Also, the German rockets end games of chicken immediately, provided you get them launched in time.

On the bombers, I see the biggest issue with the JU-88 and not the Blenheim. The issue with the JU-88 is that the skill tree means you can get 3 sets of different bomb types. You can literally set it up with the 4x250kg (default included), 32x50kg, and 1x1000kg. THAT'S A PAYLOAD OF 3600KG!!! This cannot be done with the Blenheim AFAIK. To make matters worse, the 1000kg bomb will resupply in 30 seconds automatically without flying through the reload station (possible bug?). AA will shred this bomber if specced properly, but pilots that setup the skill tree like I just mentioned have an interesting tactic afforded to them with the massive 1000kg bomb and all the extra load.

Example: on Arras, British AA sitting near their uncap base. Fly the JU-88 as high as you can. While climbing and still in your uncap or before center of map (E flag), switch to 1000kg and put reticule on the AA firing at you. Drop the 1000kg, nose over into a dive drop the 4x250's. Nothing will escape the blast radius and you will barely take any damage. If you get lucky you will have time to drop the 32x50kg bombs too. I once did that at the start of the round and got 20 kills in one pass including a Churchill and a Valentine AA. I think I singlehandedly made a handful of people permanently rage quit the game with that stunt. It wasn't my proudest moment. FWIW, it made them so salty that they had two Spits and at least 1 or 2 AA guns on alert at all times and I gave up bombing that round.

This video explains the problems in perfect detail.

I think they can fix the problem if they limit it to 2 bomb types or limit it by weight to 2000kg max. Coincidentally, 2000kg was the max payload of some of the original JU-88's.
Possible loadouts:
-32x50kg, nothing else =1600kg
-16x50kg and 4x250kg =1800kg
-16x50kg and 1x1000kg =1800kg
-4x250kg and 1x1000kg =2000kg
-2x1000kg, nothing else =2000kg

Last edited:
Yep, you absolutely have to fully upgrade the AA tanks down the AA side of the skill tree instead of the Anti-Infantry side. They will shred bombers if you know how to properly lead targets and get the range right. The flaming onion rounds on the whirblewind make a massive difference.

Absolutely. Proof in this video, this guy deletes everything in the sky from range.

I think the people complaining "AA doesn't do anything" (against a fully upgraded bomber) are just hopping on the stationary AA without even being engineer class and expecting to shred with the stock peashooter. Its not an unrealistic expectation, and in fairness BFV is a departure from how BF4 and BF3 handled vehicle unlocks--where the best loadout and cannons were often the starter ones.

But it's probably by design that a dedicated bomber whore will be countered by a dedicated MAA in addition to fighter planes, and that as I surmised at game launch, it would need a few weeks or months to reach homeostasis to be able to really analyze vehicle balance, such that a critical mass of players have the important unlocks for most vehicles, including the ones they only step into occasionally to counter something.

Last edited:
dec 4th update delayed.

"The team has discovered an issue with the #Battlefield Chapter 1: Overture update. Rather than create issues in the game, we’re holding the update for the time being. We don’t anticipate a long delay and we’ll be back with more news tomorrow or as soon as we have it."

Blizzard: Who would have thought that mocking our customers would result in such an immense backlash.

DICE: Hold my beer....

ox5dk62ziz121.jpg

7zzh61f3c6221.jpg

Trying to give this game a chance but its just terrible. The stuttering needs to be fixed. Mainly it happens when spawning but still persists a decent bit even during gameplay. What happened to buttery smooth BF3/4's version of Frostbite? MEA worked decent once patched but everything else has been a custerfuck since that used this engine.

Menu is truly terrible and almost enough to make me quit the game. I load up the game. Try to join a server... but I can't. Apparently only the squad leader can join games. I have no who the squad leader is. I just loaded the game and went to the server browser. I have no friends on Origin who own this game. I have no idea why DICE decided to put me in a squad with absolute strangers without letting me know and then not even let me load into a server of my choice. Not being able to actually play the game is about as bad as you can get. They need to start offering refunds ASAP. I say this as someone who didn't outright buy the game. Pull this from the shelves, release it next year when online works.

Utterly terrible experience. I think DICE Sweden needs to join this picture:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/304/850/c94.png

Hand over the franchise to someone else. I don't have much faith in DICE LA, but at least they made BF4 a playable game while DICE Sweden went on to fuck up Frostbite and make the travesty that is BF1.

The squad join thing is buggy for sure. The lack of any private servers sucks too. Sigh. I wish it was different but it is still my go to game. I like Planetside but it hard locks on my PC for some reason.

Absolutely. Proof in this video, this guy deletes everything in the sky from range.

I think the people complaining "AA doesn't do anything" (against a fully upgraded bomber) are just hopping on the stationary AA without even being engineer class and expecting to shred with the stock peashooter. Its not an unrealistic expectation, and in fairness BFV is a departure from how BF4 and BF3 handled vehicle unlocks--where the best loadout and cannons were often the starter ones.

But it's probably by design that a dedicated bomber whore will be countered by a dedicated MAA in addition to fighter planes, and that as I surmised at game launch, it would need a few weeks or months to reach homeostasis to be able to really analyze vehicle balance, such that a critical mass of players have the important unlocks for most vehicles, including the ones they only step into occasionally to counter something.

Yeah, that's bullshit.

When I first started using the AA I had a ton of feedback just like the video shows. When I shot at a bomber or fighter I immediately knew I was damaging it. Upgrade the Valentine and Whirblewind and now there's zero feedback and the guns do literally nothing against bombers. Fighters are easy as shit to kill but bombers? I've done 3 overheats and get "20 wing damage" with Flaming Onion rounds that obviously don't work. The anti-personnel mine launcher? Doesn't work. Radar? Doesn't work.

IIt's clearly bugged

Whoops! DICE rewriting history, putting a modern slogan in a WW2 game, or just pure stupidity?

upload_2018-12-4_16-12-15.png

As any of us who are uneducated (according to DICE) would point out, Britain was ruled by King George VI during WW2. Elizabeth II succeeded George in 1947, 2 years after the war ended. The proper slogan for the time would have been "for King and Country" if I'm not mistaken.

The new Battlefield 5 content update was scheduled to be released on December 4, but has been pushed back following the discovery of an in-game issue.

"The team has discovered that adding more genders to the game is taking longer than anticipated," reads a DICE tweet. "Rather than create issues with our SJW player-base, we’re holding the update for the time being.

"We don’t anticipate a long delay and we’ll be back with more news tomorrow or as soon as we have it."

Meh, the update was only delayed one day, but the blogosphere/Reddit/Twitter never miss a chance to have a conniption.

Launches in one more hour.

Update notes (PDF)

Last edited:
Whoops! DICE rewriting history, putting a modern slogan in a WW2 game, or just pure stupidity?

DICE's revisionism of Operation Gunnerside to push their gender politics is a far more blatant example of rewriting history. Inspired by real places and events according to DICE, except its utter fiction in relation to the most crucial aspects and should be marketed as gender diversity fan fiction.

Meh, the update was only delayed one day, but the blogosphere/Reddit/Twitter never miss a chance to have a conniption.

Launches in one more hour.

Update notes (PDF)
very curious to see how good my medic guns are now. medics really need a long rage gun. some maps like hamada theres nothing a medic can shoot at most of the time. not sure why every class gets multiple weapon types except medic.

Back