Battlefield V

Performance for me post patch is lower. I noticed GPU utilization staying at around 70% instead of 100% pre-patch in DX12.

-edit- Nevermind, looks like it was firefox eating my CPU cycles. Seems to be ok now.

Last edited:
not sure I could get into this. After watching a dozen or so videos of just getting bombed repeatedly, my keyboard would become a permanent fixture in the wall.

Performance for me post patch is lower. I noticed GPU utilization staying at around 70% instead of 100% pre-patch in DX12.

-edit- Nevermind, looks like it was firefox eating my CPU cycles. Seems to be ok now.
IS the game using dX12 features??? I didnt know that......

not sure I could get into this. After watching a dozen or so videos of just getting bombed repeatedly, my keyboard would become a permanent fixture in the wall.

One of my current biggest issues with the game. The fixed AA is useless.. not even a nuisance to bombers. They make the flag cap so you need to be close to the pin to cap faster and make bombers nearly indestructible. On maps like Fjell its not uncommon to see a bomber pilot get 70+ kills just spamming the pin. Huddle all together on the pin so some bomber tard can get 8 kills a pass doing nothing but flying in circles and reloading bombs. I usually sit out that map or snipe from close to the uncap...

**EDIT TO ADD**

This from the update:

LMGs and Soldier Guns have been
doing more damage to airplanes than intended.
We have reduced the damage of soldier weapons against airplanes, so that they’re a
threat to
-
but not a killer of
-
airplanes.

If you DICE fuckwits had not made planes nearly indestructible you probably would not have infantry shooting at them in frustration (wasting ammo which by design is scarce) because the provided AA emplacements are useless. In what world are LMG's downing bombers? I'm lvl 50 and have never seen it.

Last edited:
Nothing in there about being able to edit assignments while in game? Fuck you DICE.
Well, there's now a customize button on the deploy screen which allows you to change weapon specializations and the appearance of soldiers during a match - meaning being able to change camo to suit map, etc. However not sure if assignments are changeable in there, haven't checked. If not, they need to add it.

Evil Scooter notice the word "airplanes", not bombers.
LMGs and Soldier Guns have been doing more damage to airplanes than intended. We have reduced the damage of soldier weapons against airplanes, so that they’re a threat to - but not a killer of - airplanes.
A fighter, and even a bomber, shouldn't go down by soldier guns unless they are in critical health.

Also, DICE hasn't made bombers no where nearly indestructible. A good pilot with the right fighter can destroy a bomber quite fast. A burst of the main gun and 2 rocket pods and the bomber is no more.
Is it DICE fault that your team doesn't have a decent pilot and the enemy team has one? Can't you get your squad together and get an AA tank and stationary and fire at the bomber at the same time? Isn't this a team game?

Finally, you could, at least, read a bit more the patch notes. You would find this:
Added reload time to bombs and rockets, after planes re-supply, so that they’re not instantly available after a resupply.
Refactored flak to deal more consistent damage vs. large planes, and slightly less vs. smaller planes.
Moved aircraft resupply points further away from the infantry combat areas on most maps, to make Attrition a bigger factor for bomber planes.
Reduced the number of light bombs carried by the Ju-88 A to 16 and also reduced the rate at which they drop from the plane.
Reduced the number of 1,000kg bombs carried by the Ju088A from 2 to 1.
In short, bombers are way less effective now.

Evil Scooter notice the word "airplanes", not bombers.

A fighter, and even a bomber, shouldn't go down by soldier guns unless they are in critical health.

LVL 50 here.. never seen a plane taken down by infantry weps. Shot one down with a howitzer once.. quite gratifying after trying useless AA.

Also, DICE hasn't made bombers no where nearly indestructible. A good pilot with the right fighter can destroy a bomber quite fast. A burst of the main gun and 2 rocket pods and the bomber is no more.
Is it DICE fault that your team doesn't have a decent pilot and the enemy team has one? Can't you get your squad together and get an AA tank and stationary and fire at the bomber at the same time? Isn't this a team game?

Finally, you could, at least, read a bit more the patch notes. You would find this:

In short, bombers are way less effective now.

I read the notes.. takes longer to reload the bombs and have less of them.. good. That will at least slow the rate of flag spamming. They are not "way less effective".. they will just rack up slightly fewer kills spamming the pin. That fact that bombers are able to spam eggs will-nilly just sucks. At a minimum enable FF for explosives. Being able to carpet bomb the flags and do no damage to your own team is full retard. There is absolutely no skill involved in flying low over flags with no fear of ground damage. Spam.. repair/reload... rinse.. wash.. repeat..

The changes do jack for the fixed AA being useless. A bomber flying dead level at a fixed AA emplacement firing in it's face until overheat should not fly off... it should be in pieces falling to earth before the cannon gets 1/2 way to overheat. Heavy/intermediate bombers should not be flying low over the battlefield ever... The Stuka is supposed to be a dive bomber...being able to fly dead level a few feet off the deck shows how feckless AA is.

As for your "get some fighter pilots".... then why have AA? I'm not talkin about fighters vs. bombers.. my issue is useless AA. And I mean absolutelyfuckinuseless AA. Why have it in the game if there is zero chance actually downing a plane with it?

TechPowerup posted their look into the latest patch with DXR. RTX2070 playable at 1440p, RTX2080Ti playable at 4k with DXR on.

Very good show for the first revision, IMO.

i still see very little difference between Ultra and Low settings. I wish they would have included an "RTX Off" screenshot for comparison. I'll try it tonight on Low setting and see if it's worthwhile.

I've been in the stationary aa for a solid 40 seconds and shot down a fighter. it was pretty awesome, then someone came up behind and shot me cause that jfell whaterver its called snow map is so small

I've been in the stationary aa for a solid 40 seconds and shot down a fighter. it was pretty awesome, then someone came up behind and shot me cause that jfell whaterver its called snow map is so small

LOL.. I've seen bombers on that map fly right at AA shooting at them.. bomb the fuck outta the AA killing the gunner and taking the AA out... hit the mountain.. and fly off.

Alright, pretty sure the rank 3 that came into the game I was in and started wrecking shop was cheating. He went hit 42/3 k/d and toppd the charts about 5 minutes after joining half way through the match...

FYI I think the last Tides of War objective, kill 1 enemy with a stationary weapon, is bugged. Doesn’t seem to be working.

I have said it every fucking BF game, they need to make snipers go prone to use their scope.

Edit: if I have to go prone with a lmg to hit anything, so should snipers.

I wouldn't say that, but they do need some scope sway. They can jump pop in/out and use them perfectly in close quarters. You should hate using them in close quarters to the point few people use them because they won't work in most scenarios. Right now (like BF3/4/1) they're great at every range. LMGs, like BF1, are pretty much worthless unless prone. Yeah you can't exactly shoulder and run around with an M240 like in BF4 but it was okay from a semi realistic gameplay perspective. Perhaps just the really heavy ones (like MG42s) can be hard to use when shouldered due to the weight and swing time. But lighter ones should be usable without being prone.

Last edited:
Had a cheater too.60-0 on frontlines with no planes before he either left or got banned hopefully. I spawned/died to him twice. Just insta hs at spawn with nobody near me.

I wouldn't say that, but they do need some scope sway. They can jump pop in/out and use them perfectly in close quarters. You should hate using them in close quarters to the point few people use them because they won't work in most scenarios. Right now (like BF3/4/1) they're great at every range. LMGs, like BF1, are pretty much worthless unless prone. Yeah you can't exactly shoulder and run around with an M240 like in BF4 but it was okay from a semi realistic gameplay perspective. Perhaps just he really heavy ones (like MG42s) can be hard to use when shouldered due to the wait and swing time. But lighter ones should be usable without being prone.

You both are right and I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this, it's absolutely gamebreakingly infuriating and unbalanced, you cannot move without having to worry about 5+ snipers on the enemy team roflpwning you at any range.

I have said it every fucking BF game, they need to make snipers go prone to use their scope.

Edit: if I have to go prone with a lmg to hit anything, so should snipers.

Do you mean MMG?

The LMGs are fucking laser rifles no matter what. You could pretty easily kill someone in a single burst from any position at any range.

Are there any ~.223 machineguns? I'm not really familier with those of the era; I'd thought most were ~.300+, making them general-purpose machineguns (or medium machineguns) up to the .50 heavy machineguns.

Are there any ~.223 machineguns? I'm not really familier with those of the era; I'd thought most were ~.300+, making them general-purpose machineguns (or medium machineguns) up to the .50 heavy machineguns.

The terms were a bit different back then. An MG42 was indeed an LMG if it had the bipod. Throw on a tripod and heavier mount for fixed position firing and it would be a "medium" machine gun. These days an LMG is typically a small caliber, like 5.56 while a GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) like an M240 is in a larger caliber like 7.62x51. Then you have automatic rifles like the RPK which serve as a gap between proper machine guns and rifles.

What audio settings are people using? Seems like for stereo headphones that selecting surround and using spatial sound in Windows works well. There still seems to be issues with enemy footsteps and tank sound though.

For those that missed the previous sales. Origin has this on sale for $39.99 for the base or $53.32 for the deluxe. I believe it requires you to own a previous battlefield.

For those that missed the previous sales. Origin has this on sale for $39.99 for the base or $53.32 for the deluxe. I believe it requires you to own a previous battlefield.

Can you cancel premier and rebuy and not lose unlocks?

What audio settings are people using? Seems like for stereo headphones that selecting surround and using spatial sound in Windows works well. There still seems to be issues with enemy footsteps and tank sound though.

Speakers + Surround if you have spatial sound / HRTF with your equipment. On my SBZ, I have it on that with SBX Pro Studio on. Otherwise the built in HRTF (3D Headphone) option works just as well. Try it both ways, see which one you prefer.

For reference, further up, I've shot down more than a half dozen planes using the MG42 with the upgraded rounds. Very satisfying when a fighter or bomber are making a slow approach and you've got a clear line of sight. I never solo killed a bomber, always had some additional help, of course, but I made it a point to make sure that they took some damage if they're going to play like flying sail boats. The fighters went down extremely fast prior to the patch. Haven't had a chance post patch to lay into any planes with it.

Also, is this game plagued by M30 Drillings for anyone else? Flavor of the month weapons aren't new but holy shit the level of spam from this on any map is nuts

For reference, further up, I've shot down more than a half dozen planes using the MG42 with the upgraded rounds. Very satisfying when a fighter or bomber are making a slow approach and you've got a clear line of sight. I never solo killed a bomber, always had some additional help, of course, but I made it a point to make sure that they took some damage if they're going to play like flying sail boats. The fighters went down extremely fast prior to the patch. Haven't had a chance post patch to lay into any planes with it.

Also, is this game plagued by M30 Drillings for anyone else? Flavor of the month weapons aren't new but holy shit the level of spam from this on any map is nuts

I've only been able to finish off any plane with AA after someone else gets at it. Bomber spam is still a problem. If they enabled FF penalty it would fix the issue of pilots just flying circles spamming whichever flag is being engaged. The bomb spam is just annoying.. good battle on a flag and a JU makes a pass killing only the opposing team players???

There have been quite a few M30's... flavor of the week I have been running into is the STG. That dang gun is stupid accurate hipfire & ranged and kills fast. I was goofing a bit with the shotties last night... fun in a building.. but anywhere else ur toast.

I've only been able to finish off any plane with AA after someone else gets at it. Bomber spam is still a problem. If they enabled FF penalty it would fix the issue of pilots just flying circles spamming whichever flag is being engaged. The bomb spam is just annoying.. good battle on a flag and a JU makes a pass killing only the opposing team players???

There have been quite a few M30's... flavor of the week I have been running into is the STG. That dang gun is stupid accurate hipfire & ranged and kills fast. I was goofing a bit with the shotties last night... fun in a building.. but anywhere else ur toast.
Trouble with FF on - even for just a bomber - is it lets the griefing monster out of it's cage.

It seems like a lot of players just don't like the fact that bombers exist period. Where else but contested flags should they be focusing on? They'd be irresponsible doing anything else in terms of helping the team.

Last edited:
Trouble with FF on - even for just a bomber - is it lets the griefing monster out of it's cage.

It sounds like you just don't like the fact there are bombers period.

Set the FF limit to 5 per round or you get punted and people suddenly become quite stingy with the explosives... as they should be.

We need hardcore mode... :/

^^This. I have not played on a non HC server up till now in a long time.. say well before BC2? Honesly BF5 seems so arcade to me with taking 4-5 hits to kill. Even with the ammo limitations it's a hipfire spray and pray fest.

Been doing a lot of sniping.. don't like the bolt action as is as there is no straight pull option. Having to watch the bolt action animation after every shot sucks. On the flip side.. the sniper SLR's sometimes take 3 hits to kill.. headshots will not kill a target at full health.. which sucks so bad. Aside from variety I do not see why anyone would play a class other than assault with the game in it's current state. They have the best weapons hands down and a pair of rpg's to boot.

Set the FF limit to 5 per round or you get punted and people suddenly become quite stingy with the explosives... as they should be.

Then you'll have idiots complaining about being "kicked for no reason" or complaining to Origin support that something's wrong with their game. It seems like videogame designers have collectively decided that its easier to just assume every player is 9 years old when making their design choices.

Its a dilemma that DICE has tried to deal with before, there never ends up a perfect solution. On BF3 you had hardcore servers but then to deal with TK'ing a lot of servers had a plugin that let people !vote on kicking someone that TK'd them. These always turned into chatbox spamming circlejerks, eventually it was less headache to just play non-hardcore.

Shoot, I get the five team-kill limit when I'm not trying to TK in BF4... but I play on a meatgrinder server.

Still that works well enough with friendly-fire on. A strong admin cadre helps too.

Not that EA/DICE would allow actual server administration.

Back