Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for 2hrs or so i guess, been having fun. Enemies are pretty hard to notice from your teamates. Also there is alot of got killed and didnt even know how moments but thats expected. Graphics do seem to get a little better after a full round after changing the settings. The screen adjustment thing is TOTALLY bugged. I had to adjust it very crazy like (see image) to even see the map /ammo & health.

22Bql.jpg

So far I've logged about 3 hours and I'm not sure what people are so upset about. The game feels pretty balanced provided that the teams aren't entirely lopsided in terms of skill. I've been on teams that were able to do very well on defense as well as attack. Though I've seen a couple instances where we (the attackers) planted on the final target in the subway, only to have the map end as a loss when it went off. Anyone else seeing that?

The graphics aren't quite up to what I expected, but the animations are fantastic. They really add a new dimension to the game play.

It's certainly buggy, but I've had a lot of fun so far. Conquest should be freaking amazing.

I can't get any US servers. I can't even queue for one. Any trick to queuing a server?

After hours of testing, I've realized that changes in video settings will not take effect until the next game is started. Also, AA seems to be the most system hog video setting, even more than HBAO. With my PC, I am able to run everything at max except for 0xAA and get 45-70 fps @ 1920x1200.

i got like 100 1920x1200 screenshots incoming. are you guys going to complain?

what is it with you and the goddamn screenshots?:rolleyes:

Me thinks your just flamebaiting at this point, Oldie has already said numerous times
that if shit like this continues he's going to lock this down.

So I pre ordered before the 23rd or whatever date EA said to get the bf3 key from origin. No key in my email however. Where is the key?

anyone who says this isn't fun is crazy. looks good, plays well, is a shit ton of fun.....right up until you lose connection like i did :p :

BF3Conn.png

my one and only screenshot i took before i got submersed in the action:

bf32011-09-2717-24-00-54.jpg

still haven't got my key. Just finished with chat and I was told their tools were down, engineers are aware of the problem and it will be a couple of hours before its fixed

Do the nvidia beta drivers released yesterday mess up the game or something? I was playing earlier tonight and it was fine (was usingt he 280.24 whql drivers) then I decided to try the 285.38 betas, and now every server I join, players and objects sink through the ground, especially when prone...

Anyone else getting this or what?

What I hate about these levels/xp things......going 17-0 owning it up and then.......lost connection to server.

All my stats gone.........god what a waste.

Why do they hard code tab in their games... and where is the support for the logitech mice and my bazzilion buttons?

the key binding thing is completely fuct.. I can't even rebind my right mouse button.. can't bind 'Q'.. wtf.. this is really annoying

How do you change from automatic to semi-automatic?

"V"

the key binding thing is completely fuct.. I can't even rebind my right mouse button.. can't bind 'Q'.. wtf.. this is really annoying

Lol jeez people, take a chill pill. Yes there are a bunch of little issues, but EVERYTHING is in beta. Origin is in beta, BF3 is in beta, Server Browser is basically in beta. Not only is BF3 Beta a earlier build than the final which is i think a month+ developed over the Beta, also its a BETA...meaning all those little issues that come up when making a multi million dollar game will get ironed out, especially if you inform politely Dice about them on their forum. Whining and bitching like its the final product is just annoying and childish.

Keybinding is annoying but.... the settings seem to be taking place now after having rebooted! Game looks a lot better.... and it's fun now that I've spent more time playing it. I'll post some screens later... they need to fix the HUD though.

EDIT: And oddly, performance swings from 30fps to around 55 occasionally after respawning, then finally settles in after a small hitch at 55... game's also maxing my VRAM.

Last edited:
"V"

Lol jeez people, take a chill pill. Yes there are a bunch of little issues, but EVERYTHING is in beta. Origin is in beta, BF3 is in beta, Server Browser is basically in beta. Not only is BF3 Beta a earlier build than the final which is i think a month+ developed over the Beta, also its a BETA...meaning all those little issues that come up when making a multi million dollar game will get ironed out, especially if you inform politely Dice about them on their forum. Whining and bitching like its the final product is just annoying and childish.

there's already a 300+ response thread in the BF3 Battlelog forum.. no official response.

cant get into a damned server, they fill up instantly. I hope they add a TON more for the open beta..

there's already a 300+ response thread in the BF3 Battlelog forum.. no official response.

When the Beta is launched, there's a TOS saying the user will have issues and the Beta will have bugs. Guess what, that's your official response. Everyone signed up for a troublesome experience.
But you would think some people just converted over to PC from consoles and didn't know what a beta was to begin with.

I have not played the Beta but from what I have seen from a live stream last night, I am a little disappointed. It seemed like Battlefield Bad Company 2 Arcade Edition. What a game would be if you combined Bad Company 2 with CoD Modern Warfare. Take that and add to it the same game mode that we have seen from past titles and it seems a little stale. Taking into consideration I have not actually played the Beta, I maybe off base, but from what I saw it has just made me more excited to play Batman Arkham City.

I know a bunch of people are having white flashes on the screen, but are any of you having things like rocks and trees flicker? I hope it isn't my GPUs. :(

I have not played the Beta but from what I have seen from a live stream last night, I am a little disappointed. It seemed like Battlefield Bad Company 2 Arcade Edition. What a game would be if you combined Bad Company 2 with CoD Modern Warfare. Take that and add to it the same game mode that we have seen from past titles and it seems a little stale. Taking into consideration I have not actually played the Beta, I maybe off base, but from what I saw it has just made me more excited to play Batman Arkham City.

You guys have to realize that this is a beta and that the mode is rush... which is not a traditional bf mode. There is hope though...

Rumor has it (or zh1nt0 is just being a tease) that Caspian Border may be available some time tmrw for PC Beta testers.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1429814-caspian-border-map-list.html#post19969439

Play it first, then come back.

Why do people keep saying "This is beta, it's supposed to have bugs etc."

Okay granted it's an early build and I'm fine with some bugs. But the thing that I don't understand is NONE of the problems I'm seeing where in the Alpha. How is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back