Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im not experiencing any issue with effects missing from what i can see, not sure why you would have been. :confused:

Well that's the thing, you don't have an Nvidia card to compare! I went back to back within an hour of each other and it's night and day.
 
Dang, now I am thinking I should buy a 580 instead of a 570... hmm.
1 more day to make up my mind.
 
Do you really have to be alive to get into the settings menu? Escape doesn't seem to work when I'm dead.
 
Just spent an hour and a half on hold over the phone with Origin Support for them to disconnect me.

Fantastic!
 
needs beta key pwease.

You don't want one. No, really.

I'm still stuck in the piss-poor server browser trying to join a game. All the servers are full, and since they decided to junk the (now fantastic) BF:BC2 server browser, the pings are all off, the filters suck and there's no queue to join a server. You also can'tt join a server while it's changing maps, and since there's no indicator for that, you're shit out of luck.

The matchmaker sits there and does nothing. It says Matchmaking... for minutes at a time.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS PATHETIC SERVER BROWSER. They already fixed all this shit under BF:BC2...why the hell did they have to break it all over again?

I got so frustrated I threw a box at my back door until it broke into tiny pieces. I'm going to wait a month to play this shitty thing :D
 
so i started playing this with an i7 930 @ 3.6 ghz, HT on, and gtx 480 at stock clocks. Even medium was raping my face. like we're talking 30fps averages.

Now im at 4.0ghz, ht off, gtx 480 mildly overclocked, and i gained 15-20 fps. Now averaging around 50-60. Very nice.

ALSO, anybody notice how Medium settings with AA off looks better than BFBC2 set to max settings and 4xAA? Dice outdid themselves.

OPTIMIZATION PLZ. ALso, who has a 480 collecting dust that they wanna toss my way? :p
 
Starting to get annoyed. Takes me like 10 direct shots to kill someone whereas I seem to die in 2-3.
 
? Can you guy connect to the beta? I keep getting "dont have the appropriate permission errors"

lol think EA/origin servers crashed... I got an error that Origins authentication servers are down, and ill be placed in offline mode..
 
There are no free servers. If this is how much infrastructure EA was planning to launch with, they are fucking crazy. I can't wait to see how raped the system is when the game goes open-Beta in two days :rolleyes:
 
You don't want one. No, really.

I'm still stuck in the piss-poor server browser trying to join a game. All the servers are full, and since they decided to junk the (now fantastic) BF:BC2 server browser, the pings are all off, the filters suck and there's no queue to join a server. You also can'tt join a server while it's changing maps, and since there's no indicator for that, you're shit out of luck.

The matchmaker sits there and does nothing. It says Matchmaking... for minutes at a time.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS PATHETIC SERVER BROWSER. They already fixed all this shit under BF:BC2...why the hell did they have to break it all over again?

I got so frustrated I threw a box at my back door until it broke into tiny pieces. I'm going to wait a month to play this shitty thing :D

Have you tried quick join? I get in one every single time without a wait lol.
 
Ok, I am sorry but this build HAS to be a month or two old, there are an INSANE number of bugs in just the map alone. Virtually every piece of ground you crawl on you go through it and can see under the map, there are craters that turn into death pits in which it is almost impossible to escape, and there are some places when running half of your body disappears beneath the map.

Not only that, but animations are very, very buggy. This does not bode well for the release version.
 
Texture flickering is awful. Whether everything is on ultra or everything is on low.

AMD 6990+6970 crossfire.

Almost game ruiningly bad.
 
Have you tried quick join? I get in one every single time without a wait lol.

I press Quick Match.

The Game Manager comes up with "Matchmaking..."

Minutes later it's still Matchmaking...

Then thing says press Alt-Enter to go fullscreen, but that also does nothing.


It's COMPLETELY FUCKED!
 
You don't want one. No, really.

I'm still stuck in the piss-poor server browser trying to join a game. All the servers are full, and since they decided to junk the (now fantastic) BF:BC2 server browser, the pings are all off, the filters suck and there's no queue to join a server. You also can'tt join a server while it's changing maps, and since there's no indicator for that, you're shit out of luck.

The matchmaker sits there and does nothing. It says Matchmaking... for minutes at a time.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS PATHETIC SERVER BROWSER. They already fixed all this shit under BF:BC2...why the hell did they have to break it all over again?

I got so frustrated I threw a box at my back door until it broke into tiny pieces. I'm going to wait a month to play this shitty thing :D

Agree on this point, its absolutely inexcusable to not be able to do this. Every other server browser in the history of mankind can do it, why not BF3?
 
Just went 30-6 on defender. Right side by MCOM A, holding my ground behind the rock on the wall. SVD+ACOG+foregrip is beastly.
 
Has anyone that got MOH gotten the email? I should have gotten the email but never have, yet i did get my Origin email for the BF3 beta...weird.
 
Okay, so I finally got it connected. Those fuckers depend on Flash, so I had to disable my flashblocker.

So now I'm, binding my keys, and I can't seem to rebind my mouse buttons. Whenever I select a key and then press the LMB or RMB, it does nothing. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: also, is there any way to edit your settings WITHOUT being connected to a fucking server? I keep getting kicked while I set-up my controls!
 
Yeah, I've been trying to map melee/grenade to my mouse thumb/middle buttons. It's pissing me off.

yep, does not work. stuff like this is why I'm pretty sure this is from an early build, if they did ANY kind of closed testing at all there's no way this could be from a build a month to go before release.
 
I'm telling you, the flickering is directly related to ATI hardware. Crossfire makes it ten times worse, too.

I'm getting zero flickering whatsoever since I switched to nvidia.
 
For those of you having issues finding servers, use the filter. It will open up more servers with availability. Its easy enough to find servers with slots.
 
Why is the FOV adjustment grayed out? Also, is the 70 value for horizontal or vertical? Right now it feels kind of low and I would like to change it?

Otherwise: please let us change settings from the class loadout menu (and also from the battlelog). And please change it back so you choose your squad. I get that they may have done that to prevent clans/friends/high rank players from just sticking together all the time, but it largely limits your chance to use real strategy and teamwork.
 
How so? i'm doing pretty well with the sv98 currently.

I really don't want to get into it. There was a long post back during the Alpha and nothing has changed. If anything it's worse.

Accuracy and bullet drop are my biggest grips so far. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Some shots are way off. Some are dead on. Distance is a fucking crap-shoot. I can barely tell where my bullet is going.

It's a shame. Battlefield sniping has never been any good in the games I've played. Oh well.
 
Same issue here.. My game is all jittery when I rotate and stuff. All kinds of artifacts. I'm on a 260 GTX till my SLI 570s arrive tomorrow :(

So after reverting back to the 280.27 drivers, I can now play the game with no jitteriness. The new beta drivers were causing so many issues.
 
My brothers GTX 580 has flickering too.

Is he using the latest battlefield 3 drivers?

I have a suspicion that people are calling two different things flickering. With my 6950's, I was getting stuff that looked like random polygons stretched across the screen, massive screen tearing, textures outright disappearing, etc. It was almost unplayable.
 
I get that flash sometimes. I think it may be a bug with the grenade effects or flashes from explosions, i cant tell for sure though.
 
Saw this comment on the forum and thought it to be too funny.

It's going to be interesting when the open beta starts on the 29th. A lot of people still don't know :evil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top