Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Switching to the game crashes BF3 for me:rolleyes:

Kinda sad about the scarh and irnv nerfs. They were good for taking on campers, and really the f2000 is the king of guns right now.

Switching to the game crashes BF3 for me:rolleyes:

Kinda sad about the scarh and irnv nerfs. They were good for taking on campers, and really the f2000 is the king of guns right now.

Yea...kinda depressing. As much as I see the f2000 dominating, I still prefer the AEKs range over the f2000.

it's not the gun but the guy at the back who the difference. Look at this chart of my stats, I make about the same amount of kill with the F2000 than the M16A3 , that's supose to suck, and look at the head shot;3 time more with the M16 if you take in consideration that I have more kill with the F2000

hs.jpg

My gun choices don't really have anything to do with how good they are in game. Currently my go to guns are -

M416, G36C, M27 IAR. See if you can spot a theme going here :p
Waiting for the MG36 for lower caliber LMG. Hopefully it will match the above theme I have going. Haven't decided on a high caliber LMG yet.
M98B and M39 EMR for sniper rifles for bolt and semi auto sniper rifles.
870MCS for main shotgun, it is the only pump, which I find fun to use. Haven't decided on a semiauto shotgun yet.
UMP-45 or PDW for SMG, haven't decided yet either. UMP-45 fits my primary class weapon choices, but the PDW matches their fire rate (750).

it's not the gun but the guy at the back who the difference. Look at this chart of my stats, I make about the same amount of kill with the F2000 than the M16A3 , that's supose to suck, and look at the head shot;3 time more with the M16 if you take in consideration that I have more kill with the F2000

hs.jpg

Not denying that at all. However if that's truly the case, they shouldn't have gone around nerfing things left and right, which is pretty much what they are doing right now.

Fix your fucking buggy ass game first, then worry about balance issue. The damn game doesn't work.

M416, G36C, M27 IAR. See if you can spot a theme going here :p
Waiting for the MG36 for lower caliber LMG.

HK fan?

I am using the SCAR H, doesn't look like there will be a SCAR L. I plan on using this the most as well as any AR based weapon (the "M16A3", M4A1, HK 416) with the exception of the M27. Perhaps I will use the G3 when I win it. My sidearm of choice is one of the M1911 variants.

Wow, BF3 looks like ass on PS3.

I agree. I own both and comparing this is like ground and the sky. However i find it more fun playing on the ps3. I can play BF3 on my pc on max setting. Why i switched? Because i'm dead tired of those fucking hackers who come in the server and ruin everyone games. To a point i no longer enjoy playing this on the pc. I just want to have my time of fun and enjoy the game and not to be frustrated when playing with asshole like them. Although i still pop in the pc version once every week but i had made up my mind that the ps3 is pretty much where i'm gonna focus on my stats now. Sometime you just have to realize games are really meant to be fun and is not all graphic and beauty. This game is truly amazing when everyone is on the equal ground. I wish they would do really do something about those hack and banning account just don't cut it.

Coming from a BFBC2 from PC i preorder this on the first day. But i feel like i wasted my money because of how many cheater are there is in the game.

So level 7 now, and i have my m416, which was my "goto" gun in BC2. I'm pretty happy playing the assault class.

So far the game is really fun if you're on a good team, and balls awful if your team sucks. It's just 1 friend and I playing, and I have to wonder if I would have more fun/win more if we were playing with a larger group, especially one with more experience than either of us..

HK fan?

I am using the SCAR H, doesn't look like there will be a SCAR L. I plan on using this the most as well as any AR based weapon (the "M16A3", M4A1, HK 416) with the exception of the M27. Perhaps I will use the G3 when I win it. My sidearm of choice is one of the M1911 variants.

Not specifically. But I like the design of some of their guns, notably the G36. So decided to just find some similar guns I'd like to use, rather than worry about min/maxing performance. I like the design as well for those guns, compared to the other choices. They share a 750 rpm fire rate as well.

hs.jpg

But you used the M16 for twice as much time as the F2000, with even less kills. So wouldn't you say that's a pretty strong indicator that the F2000 is better?

But you used the M16 for twice as much time as the F2000, with even less kills. So wouldn't you say that's a pretty strong indicator that the F2000 is better?

Depends, M16 is a starter weapon, you have to get use to it, by the time you get the F2000 you know how the guns handle and you get the unlocks more quickly. On a side note, the F2000 with a grip and heavy barrel is a beast, it may still clime, but it doesn't seem to have the same recoil.

Depends, M16 is a starter weapon, you have to get use to it, by the time you get the F2000 you know how the guns handle and you get the unlocks more quickly. On a side note, the F2000 with a grip and heavy barrel is a beast, it may still clime, but it doesn't seem to have the same recoil.

I love the F2000. Its perfect for short to semi long range. Long range shots tend to be lucky though and depends on if the player moves out of fire fast enough. Its high rate of fire makes it great in CQB as it just shreds people. However its real easy to blow through your ammo.

I love the F2000. Its perfect for short to semi long range. Long range shots tend to be lucky though and depends on if the player moves out of fire fast enough. Its high rate of fire makes it great in CQB as it just shreds people. However its real easy to blow through your ammo.

I'm not a fan of the AEK-971 for the same reason - seems like I'm always out of ammo, and it takes forever to reload that thing. I was trying to level it, but I think I'm just going to go back to the M416 instead.

anyone played metro conquest - No RPG/m203 where the server has a mod that auto kicks people for firing one?... Map is super fun/playable with no rocket spam, really like it.

HK fan?

They nurfed the SCAR-H last patch. It takes an extra bullet to kill someone now and pretty much puts it on the same level as the rest of the weapons damage wise yet it has higher recoil, slower bullet speed, lower rate of fire and low magazine/bullet count. All of that for a measly few extra points of damage.

What the hell were they thinking, making the IRNV completely useless. They could have just reduce its range or something.

Have they nerfed the flashlights yet?

What the hell were they thinking, making the IRNV completely useless. They could have just reduce its range or something.

DICE probably didn't have much choice, considering the IRNV has no direct counter.

I think they should have the IRNV only work at night or a dark environment, like the subway.

NOt realy as I play with the M16 when I'm alone and I stay cover , I use the F2000 when I have my son also medic with me so I take more chance, but my K/D ratio will be more way low if I was not revive half of the time by my son. I adapt my choice of gun to the kind of mood I have at the time. In a closer combat range I don't dislike the USAS with frag.. Another of my favorite is the m27

Depends, M16 is a starter weapon, you have to get use to it, by the time you get the F2000 you know how the guns handle and you get the unlocks more quickly.
Not in my case the stats I show was with my second account, I was already Colonel 9 stars when I start to use my second account, so I have a good idea of the game.

anyone played metro conquest - No RPG/m203 where the server has a mod that auto kicks people for firing one?... Map is super fun/playable with no rocket spam, really like it.

So much true

Fix your fucking buggy ass game first, then worry about balance issue. The damn game doesn't work.

that's it and fix also the problem of cheater admin. They may be own their server, but without player they have nothing. It's just show the kind of low life the admin is when he reset the games near the end, because him and his friend are loosing

Last edited:
Nope, it should not. It makes BF3 run faster but other processes in Windows run slower by providing to BF3 more processor time. This is my understanding. Though, I"m not sure why BF3 runs faster since there is almost non processor time used by other programs anyway.

Setting priority does just that for the program, sets its priority for tasks to be processed. A program higher in priority will have its data processed sooner then other processes. The problem with this is that setting it too high or even changing can destabilize a system, I believe someone mentioned setting it to realtime caused mouse lag. The mouse driver has a priority and its data that needed to be processed was being pushed back because another program was taking a higher level of importantance.

Performance improvements could potentially be seen by setting a higher priority since BF3's information would take priority over say, your AV program, or fraps, or some of the background Windows processes. The downside though is that these programs being stopped up could cause issues, such as your AV program wanting to scan incoming data but being told to wait. This could backup its workload and cause the program to crash. Chances of that specific scenario are probably pretty slim but same general idea.

Last edited:

hs.jpg

You don't account for differences in play style. And look at the time played for each weapon: your chart just tells me that the M4A1 has more vertical climb and/or you control the F2000 better. Overall though the F2000 has more kills in less time which suggests that's the better weapon. However, you don't get the F2000 until later in the game. For all we know you were just really shitty when you started at got the M4A1. :shrug:

And how did they make it useless?
From that PS3 video, it looks like a green thick fog, you can't see anything at all.

Q.Q moar. I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of raging tears with this one.
What? I never said the IRNV was perfect at the moment. :rolleyes:
My biggest problem with the IRNV was its range, if they reduced it to close range, it could be use along with smoke grenade but at the same time, it doesn't lit up everyone in the entire map which made spotting easy.

gunsj.jpg

I've been averaging about 125 Kills/Hour and 660 Score/Min and I'd say I've got just a little experience using M416, AEK-971 and F2000 :D

I use the Kobra RDS, Forgrip and Heavy Barrol on all (3) of them.

This is what I think...

* F2000 is best for close combat and doesn't have as much recoil as the AEK-971.
* AEK-971 feels most powerfull, learning the right way to burst mode is key for long range kills.
* M416 is a mix between the the AEK-971 and F2000.

Honestly they are all pretty close to each other. All (3) are well balanced IMO.

Last edited:
I agree. I own both and comparing this is like ground and the sky. However i find it more fun playing on the ps3. I can play BF3 on my pc on max setting. Why i switched? Because i'm dead tired of those fucking hackers who come in the server and ruin everyone games. To a point i no longer enjoy playing this on the pc. I just want to have my time of fun and enjoy the game and not to be frustrated when playing with asshole like them. Although i still pop in the pc version once every week but i had made up my mind that the ps3 is pretty much where i'm gonna focus on my stats now. Sometime you just have to realize games are really meant to be fun and is not all graphic and beauty. This game is truly amazing when everyone is on the equal ground. I wish they would do really do something about those hack and banning account just don't cut it.

Coming from a BFBC2 from PC i preorder this on the first day. But i feel like i wasted my money because of how many cheater are there is in the game.

Cheaters in BF3? Please don't tell me so, I thought cheating was only in MW2 and MW3? Not in the holy grail of PC gaming that we call BF3? I personally haven't come across any cheating in BF3 on the PC because I can't get the fucking game to work on the PC!! Tired of getting the "loading level" crash crap. Bitch all you want about the console graphics but it freakin works- been playing on the 360 and quess what- when I pick a server it loads and I get to play! All of the PC gamers were duped by Dice and EA. If the PC was the focus we would not be dealing with these issues and be forced to put up with that Origin web interface crap. For those who do not believe me go to a friends house and play BF3 on their Xbox or PS3 and look at the MP interface that is inside the game- no reason they could have not used that interface in the PC version. There, I am done ranting. FYI- I will say it again- Bad Company 2 still works perfectly on my PC- so it is not my computer or network setup that is messed up- it's BF3 period.

For all we know you were just really shitty when you started at got the M4A1. :shrug:

show us your stats before say someone is really shitty, as I said when I start to play with this soldier I have already 100 hours of play time, so i was not a noobs , with Before reply to this show me a link to your stats, so I know what is your experience with the game.

look at the history oof my stats sine I start , you call it shitty ????????????????????????????????????

stat.jpg

Last edited:
Cheaters in BF3? Please don't tell me so, I thought cheating was only in MW2 and MW3? Not in the holy grail of PC gaming that we call BF3? I personally haven't come across any cheating in BF3 on the PC because I can't get the fucking game to work on the PC!! Tired of getting the "loading level" crash crap. Bitch all you want about the console graphics but it freakin works- been playing on the 360 and quess what- when I pick a server it loads and I get to play! All of the PC gamers were duped by Dice and EA. If the PC was the focus we would not be dealing with these issues and be forced to put up with that Origin web interface crap. For those who do not believe me go to a friends house and play BF3 on their Xbox or PS3 and look at the MP interface that is inside the game- no reason they could have not used that interface in the PC version. There, I am done ranting. FYI- I will say it again- Bad Company 2 still works perfectly on my PC- so it is not my computer or network setup that is messed up- it's BF3 period.

Yet none of those issues happen to others.

I haven't had any of that stuff happen and I actually like the Battlerlog (it's not origin - origin is used to load the game) experience.

And it lets people like shizwhatever brag about his epeen and feel better about himself which is a good thing.

I get the loading level crash about 1/4 times. Shit sucks man. I have a nice system too, that was built just to play this fucking game...

Have they nerfed the flashlights yet?

DICE probably didn't have much choice, considering the IRNV has no direct counter.

The SpecOps camo nullifies it completely except within ~15 feet. I know it's too dark to use on daytime maps, but I guess they were assuming people would only use the IRNV on maps like Metro.

The SpecOps camo nullifies it completely except within ~15 feet. I know it's too dark to use on daytime maps, but I guess they were assuming people would only use the IRNV on maps like Metro.

Haven't seen the camo yet on screen or in action...

as annoying as the INRV can be, the flashlight is even worse because that effects your own god damn team.

I hate the asshats who will sit there in the spawn, or next to you while doing something and STARE at you blinding the shit out of you. All the while this is occurring in broad daylight.

On hardcore I can see leaving it like that however on regular matches it sucks to make regular people on the same team suffer from some douche who runs around blinding people with no way to punish him. I have no problem TK'ing a team member who comes around a corner blinds me 100% with the light and then has the balls to bitch me out.

The light is annoying, but I've noticed that I get blinded by it a lot from teammates who are running with it on their hip. At that point, it shines sideways. Tough to control that.

Jesus Hucklberry Christ some of you guys have a LOT of play time. I thought I was getting up there in play time with 40 hours.

Back