Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

People do that? I don't give a fuck if my team is winning or losing, I enjoy the firefights and just doing my best regardless of my allies performance.

Maybe they were just switching teams on join to try and get in the same squad as the party they joined with.

Any tips on the javelin? It seems to kind of blow ass. Lock on range isn't anything special, can't fire off as quickly as the unguided rpg, can't blast infantry with it. Is it more effective with a soflam or something?

Any tips on the javelin? It seems to kind of blow ass. Lock on range isn't anything special, can't fire off as quickly as the unguided rpg, can't blast infantry with it. Is it more effective with a soflam or something?

The guided weapons are generally worse compared to unguided unless paired with an assisting unlock.

A javelin will lock onto a laser designated target without line of site, will also attack from the top down (avoiding obstructions, and doing more damage disabling armor in 1 hit), and can lock onto air vehicles.

So does crashing helicopters/jets into enemy vehicles do a lot of damage?

I can confirm that crashing the Russian transport helicopter into an M1 Abrams has little to no effect. ;)

People do that? I don't give a fuck if my team is winning or losing, I enjoy the firefights and just doing my best regardless of my allies performance.

I see it all the time. Probably stat whores.

I see it all the time. Probably stat whores.

Yeah I don't typically care whether my team is winning or losing either, unless I join a server onto a team that is being dominated. Then I usually just leave and find a different server.

By dominated I obviously mean 200+ tickets behind with all the objectives in enemy hands, or something like that.

Anyone else in love with the PKP? Feels to me that its the best MG in terms of firepower, recoil, and fire rate.

The fact that they have suppressors for MGs is pretty annoying, and for the love of God get rid of fucking flashlights and laser sights, has to be the most annoying part of this game.

Still love playing Metro!

So currently I'm seeing a fuckton of people with this exact loadout:

-M249
-IRNV
-Foregrip

Apparently you can just run around and fucking snipe people from half the map with an LMG...awesome.

-M249
-IRNV
-Foregrip

Apparently you can just run around and fucking snipe people from half the map with an LMG...awesome.

No you can't and I use that combo all the time.

If I do hit someone from that far away it takes atleast 50 rounds to get 1 hit. It is a great medium to close quarters combo though. Anything over 100 meters is dogshit accuracy. 50 meters is doable but with a lot of rounds. 25 meters is the butter zone for that combo.

Dunno, I keep seeing guys hit me with it from definitely farther than 100 meters. I could understand if they were using a bipod but they're just sprinting around with it like an assault rifle.

Dunno, I keep seeing guys hit me with it from definitely farther than 100 meters. I could understand if they were using a bipod but they're just sprinting around with it like an assault rifle.

If they are doing that, then 1 of 3 things is occuring:

1. You are shit at judging distance

2. The kill cam shows them sprinting but not when they were prone 2 seconds ago when they were shooting you. They probably wasted 200 rounds trying to hit you from that distance.

3. They are aimbotting.

3. They are aimbotting.

If they were wasting 200 rounds on you, that means they were full auto, and an aimbot would not help anyways.

It's perfectly reasonable to hit someone from a long distance with the M249 and IRNV-- I do it all the time. Just fire in really short bursts and it's pretty accurate.

If they were wasting 200 rounds on you, that means they were full auto, and an aimbot would not help anyways.

It's perfectly reasonable to hit someone from a long distance with the M249 and IRNV-- I do it all the time. Just fire in really short bursts and it's pretty accurate.
You are right...but it barely does any damage. I'm talking 100+ meters here. I routinely take people out at that range, but even with short bursts (single click of mouse) I will use nearly 100 rounds to take out 1 guy. 200+ if he isn't stupid and goes behind cover for a moment to heal. Keep in mind we are talking about using fore grip and not bipod here.

With a bipod and prone I use 1/4 of that ammo to do the same thing.

Anyone else in love with the PKP? Feels to me that its the best MG in terms of firepower, recoil, and fire rate.

The fact that they have suppressors for MGs is pretty annoying, and for the love of God get rid of fucking flashlights and laser sights, has to be the most annoying part of this game.

Still love playing Metro!

I wish. I was excited to unlock it but it feels like balls compared to the M249. Even though it's firing a heavy round and a bigger cartridge, it's a fuckhuge big lump of metal and it should not even have half the muzzle climb it does. I can accept a big spread, that would make sense. But it stitches a vertical line worse than any other weapon, most of them a third of the weight.

No you can't and I use that combo all the time.

If I do hit someone from that far away it takes atleast 50 rounds to get 1 hit. It is a great medium to close quarters combo though. Anything over 100 meters is dogshit accuracy. 50 meters is doable but with a lot of rounds. 25 meters is the butter zone for that combo.

How far is Hilltop from Forest? I got sniped 3 times in a row by a guy standing on top of the rocks at Hilltop when I was spawning in at Forest. Never got a kill on him even though I was using a SCAR-H with heavy barrel and 4x scope - he was using M249, IRNV, and foregrip, just standing around up there blasting people.

Aimbotting? Maybe. Pissing me off at the ridiculousness of sniping with a handheld machine gun? Absolutely.

-M249
-IRNV
-Foregrip

I see these bastards all the time. That is definitely flavor of the month as it is super cheese. Take one of the most overpowered weapons and put on a ridiculous scope.

I see guys doing that all the time acting like they are good. TWO bullets from one of these overpowered LMGs kills you on a hard core server. Not to mention they just spray you through all cover with that lame "Scope". I really hate the support class the most and I always aim for them in a group first. Because they look stupid and secondly they have the cheapest weapons and usually the dirt bags with LMGs, IRNV and mortars.

I see these bastards all the time. That is definitely flavor of the month as it is super cheese. Take one of the most overpowered weapons and put on a ridiculous scope.

I see guys doing that all the time acting like they are good. TWO bullets from one of these overpowered LMGs kills you on a hard core server. Not to mention they just spray you through all cover with that lame "Scope". I really hate the support class the most and I always aim for them in a group first. Because they look stupid and secondly they have the cheapest weapons and usually the dirt bags with LMGs, IRNV and mortars.

If they are killing you with head shots, they are most likely cheating.

Edit: I am starting to believe cheating has become a big problem in BF3, considering Dice hasn't banned anybody yet, I get the feeling they dont care.

Edit: I am starting to believe cheating has become a big problem in BF3, considering Dice hasn't banned anybody yet, I get the feeling they dont care.

DICE banned a shit ton of accounts recently. :confused:

We take cheating and exploiting very seriously in Battlefield 3 and want to make it clear that it will not be tolerated. This week, we’ve banned hundreds of offending accounts and have stats-wiped additional accounts for exploiting (such as boosting). We’ll continue to be monitoring and taking action against the minority that doesn’t respect the integrity of the game.

I can get headshots galore with a bipod mounted LMG, especially in TDM when you have guys spawning left and right. I typically use a 3.4-4x scope, extended mag, and bipod and wipe the floor with those TDM fools :)

I can get headshots galore with a bipod mounted LMG, especially in TDM when you have guys spawning left and right. I typically use a 3.4-4x scope, extended mag, and bipod and wipe the floor with those TDM fools :)

tdm is retarded, love being spawn camped over and over. Or in able to do well do that to others.

I played 64 player conquest the other night in Op Metro for the first time, whoever Q&A'd or approved that map design should be fired because it is a complete cluster fuck. Reminds me of a less vile version of CoD4-shipment, but still idiotic nonetheless. You can stat pad pretty effectively by just dropping ammo packs and health kits at the choke point in the middle.

3. They are aimbotting.

Aimbooting is not enough, they use also the non recoil and non spread hack. So all the bullets fired go to the head.

DICE banned a shit ton of accounts recently. :confused:

BS from DICE , look at this guy with 620,954,513 SPM on the top of the leader board

score.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen 1 obvious cheater since I bought the game, about 45 hours of gameplay

seen lots of whining though.

I'm starting to believe that everybody who complains about cheaters just sucks. No offense intended, but come on. I play several hours per night and haven't yet run into anybody that I'm completely convinced is cheating. I'm sure some of them are out there, but if you listened to this community you'd believe every single player is cheating. I have been accused of cheating multiple times, and have been kicked from a server by an admin for it. I certainly do not, and have never cheated.

Some people (many people) have this amazing thing called skill. Believe it or not, if you aim for the head, you get a head shot (I aim for the head).

You guys must be blind. I only play on 64-player servers and at least once per night I see a blatant aimbot cheater going 100+ kills with only a few deaths mowing down entire opposing teams. For every blatant cheater there are 10+ cheaters that keep it stealthy.

Aimbooting is not enough, they use also the non recoil and non spread hack. So all the bullets fired go to the head.

BS from DICE , look at this guy with 620,954,513 SPM on the top of the leader board

score.jpg

if you read that dudes page, he says he joined a hacked server by accident and ranked up to the top..he is actually trying to get DICE to reset his rank back to what it was before...he may be full of shit, but who knows

if you read that dudes page, he says he joined a hacked server by accident and ranked up to the top..he is actually trying to get DICE to reset his rank back to what it was before...he may be full of shit, but who knows

How do you prove it either way, though?

I'm starting to believe that everybody who complains about cheaters just sucks. No offense intended, but come on. I play several hours per night and haven't yet run into anybody that I'm completely convinced is cheating..

I play near 100 hours and I'm level 49, so I must be not so bad at all, and I see cheater on mainly every servers I go.

lol...I pi in my pants, wait I go change...... :D

You'd think a lot of other people in the 'hacked server' would also be extremely high in points then.

You guys must be blind. I only play on 64-player servers and at least once per night I see a blatant aimbot cheater going 100+ kills with only a few deaths mowing down entire opposing teams. For every blatant cheater there are 10+ cheaters that keep it stealthy.
I have not seen a 100+ kill blatant cheater yet in 25 hours.

tdm is retarded, love being spawn camped over and over. Or in able to do well do that to others.
TDM is ok with 24 or fewer players. It's honestly my "COD fix" for 15 or 20 minutes whenever I want it. That's pretty much what it plays like. Anything over 24, the maps just kind of fall apart in terms of spawning.

Strange issue, not sure anyone else has had this problem...

Whenever I kill someone often the game will pause, as in I can't move for a split second (keyboard movement keys don't register). It seems to related to the kill ticker at the bottom of the screen. Very annoying especially in the middle of a fire-fight.

Not sure what else to try, tried Googling it but came up blank.

i think you can get quick matched into them...

they are pretty rare now and i suspect will only get rarer but it's possible. i already saw one case where DICE reset the stats of everyone that went into one of those servers. i don't think they will hand out a ban in these cases unless you're blatantly doing it on purpose.

That was back on the 8th...but yeah, seems better now.

Now they need to work on IRNV and (IMO) RPG/M320 splash damage.

Lot of RPG/M320 spam lately.

One annoying thing I noticed is that although RPGs are like the end-all, be-all rocket against infantry and armor, the attack heli rockets don't do shit against infantry. I hit a guy 3 times and it only brought him down to like 50%. Total bull.

holy crap man, what do you want them to do? nerf everything??? I agree that the RPG is a LITTLE overpowered, BUT IT'S A FKN GD ROCKET - IT WILL KILL YOU FFS. And the M320 grenades are fine - in fact, probably underpowered.

Has anyone heard of an official eyefinity fix yet? Everytime I try it I get booted back to windows, or the hud is all jacked, I can't click anything, etc

Has anyone heard of an official eyefinity fix yet? Everytime I try it I get booted back to windows, or the hud is all jacked, I can't click anything, etc

There isn't even a patch for all the obvious bugs yet...I wouldn't count on it anytime soon...

RPG's have to be over powered because the tanks are over powered. Helps to even things out.

Though they could give you an RPG and a pistol and leave out the other gun which would greatly decrees the value of that class. But in the end I feel that over 50% of all players play support.....or at least over 50% of all players who kill me do so it can't be that over powered or everyone would use it.

RPG's have to be over powered because the tanks are over powered. Helps to even things out.

Though they could give you an RPG and a pistol and leave out the other gun which would greatly decrees the value of that class. But in the end I feel that over 50% of all players play support.....or at least over 50% of all players who kill me do so it can't be that over powered or everyone would use it.

You think BF3 tanks are OP? See what the tanks in PlanetSide are capable of. You will likely have a fit of rage.

Back