Battlefield 2042

I’m almost positive Vietnam had VOIP, but it’s been so long I could be wrong.
Given the terrible coding of this game (they asked for help from devs that left late in the process), VOIP with 128 players will most likely be too much data to handle. They know what will break this fragile game and they're leaving out certain core features until they can figure out have to implement them. Showing a piss poor score board is one of them. DICE is hiding the player stats at the bottom of the scoreboard because they don't want to enable scrolling? Console centric scoreboard.

Please DICE/EA, just stop what you're doing and take 2042 out to pasture. Make another game besides BF and SW. Create a new IP using a new engine. Then kill off the studio name DICE.

Given the terrible coding of this game (they asked for help from devs that left late in the process), VOIP with 128 players will most likely be too much data to handle. They know what will break this fragile game and they're leaving out certain core features until they can figure out have to implement them. Showing a piss poor score board is one of them. DICE is hiding the player stats at the bottom of the scoreboard because they don't want to enable scrolling? Console centric scoreboard.

Please DICE/EA, just stop what you're doing and take 2042 out to pasture. Make another game besides BF and SW. Create a new IP using a new engine. Then kill off the studio name DICE.
Well, maybe for the idiots working there now, but VOIP with that many players has easily been done before. The way you do it is VOIP within the squad, and squad leaders can VOIP with each other in their own special channel. VOIP doesn't take up that much bandwidth either, you really only need 4kbps per active speaking person for acceptable voice quality.

Well, maybe for the idiots working there now, but VOIP with that many players has easily been done before. The way you do it is VOIP within the squad, and squad leaders can VOIP with each other in their own special channel. VOIP doesn't take up that much bandwidth either, you really only need 4kbps per active speaking person for acceptable voice quality.
Solid info on the bandwidth needed. Man, I just still can't believe my favorite series has been destroyed.

Remember the good old days with gaming community’s.Klans ran there own servers.Provided with games where map makers/mods.Klan forums and a break thru called team speak?

Playing with most pubs is painful experience with team work.

EA ruined gaming.

Hard to fathom that is the issue. BF2 had voip at the very latest. 2005, and my home broadband was barely hitting 1MB/s, an Athlon 3500+, 1GB of RAM, and it was a better experience in terms of lag and hit reg... With 64 players, VOIP in game, and running teamspeak also.

CluCpmO.png

lol

Remember the good old days with gaming community’s.Klans ran there own servers.Provided with games where map makers/mods.Klan forums and a break thru called team speak?

Playing with most pubs is painful experience with team work.

EA ruined gaming.
Really, its about the community.

99.5% of my Bad Company 2 time was on PS3, using the in -game voice chat. However, I was a regular on the Blu-Ray.com forums. And I had an absolute blast playing with those people. It wasn't difficult to join games/squads with those people. So the majority of the time, we didn't have any random people with us.
I could have played it on PC. But that community was so strong at the time, I had no desire to go to the PC version.

Annnnnd, we still could have setup teamspeak on our PCs, if we had wanted to. But there wasn't a need for it.

Really, its about the community.

99.5% of my Bad Company 2 time was on PS3, using the in -game voice chat. However, I was a regular on the Blu-Ray.com forums. And I had an absolute blast playing with those people. It wasn't difficult to join games/squads with those people. So the majority of the time, we didn't have any random people with us.
I could have played it on PC. But that community was so strong at the time, I had no desire to go to the PC version.

Annnnnd, we still could have setup teamspeak on our PCs, if we had wanted to. But there wasn't a need for it.

Yep. Eliminating community servers prevents any organic communities from forming. You are just playing against/with random people every single session (besides pre-made squadmates). Add in zero VOIP and it's just so disengaging.

You'd be insane to buy it. My guess has been from the start that it will be F2P come late spring/early summer or at the very least on the normal EA Play pass.

Barely scraping 5,000 consecutive daily steam players...this has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, BF launches in history.

Barely scraping 5,000 consecutive daily steam players...this has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, BF launches in history.
Honestly it just feels sad now, not even like "yeah screw you EA/DICE for sucking" but that this could be the end of the BF franchise as far as AAA level investment. 4-6k avg players on Steam this soon after release is an absurdly epic fail. Apex on Steam is still growing, avg players 145k for past 30 days, and likely way more on Origin given it had a year+ headstart.

They screwed up big time. It doesn’t help that aesthetically the game is horrific. You see ads with that zoomer flying lady and it’s just such a turn off.

Honestly it just feels sad now, not even like "yeah screw you EA/DICE for sucking" but that this could be the end of the BF franchise as far as AAA level investment. 4-6k avg players on Steam this soon after release is an absurdly epic fail. Apex on Steam is still growing, avg players 145k for past 30 days, and likely way more on Origin given it had a year+ headstart.
At this point it just needs to die. EA/DICE are obviously incapable of producing a good product. The sad part though here is that the people responsible for this mess are just given a golden parachute and will go on to ruin games at some different company.

Modern corporate culture has zero accountability these days for their own failures. Instead of these people being shunned from the industry and having to get real jobs, it’s just a revolving door.

This really is unreal, not even 3 months after launch and the game has no players to join servers right away.

It's dead Jim.

I appreciate the people who claimed this was the best BF ever, BTW.
your not the only person who got ripped off....its to bad since it really had potential. from here on out all dice games will only be purchased from the 5-10 dollar sales bins from myself

You could tell from the beta that things were off, surprised more people didn’t cancel their preorders and use a game pass/ea play trial to play 10 hours at release before buying.

your not the only person who got ripped off....its to bad since it really had potential. from here on out all dice games will only be purchased from the 5-10 dollar sales bins from myself
I didn’t buy it. Paid for a month of play pro, thank god.

I didn’t buy it. Paid for a month of play pro, thank god.
shsss i paid for the gold edition....it aint the money so much as the principle in truth...the game can still be quite fun IF certain portal maps are populated. I can still dream they will add 2142 game/maps to portal?:) I wish we could cancel the jackass in charge that ran this franchise into the ground

I think this is ever the only game I paid $59.99 for and only played three times and put down to never pick up again. The BF franchise is now dead.

Deleted this dogshit game yesterday to make room for Vermintide 2 that I caught on sale for $7. I hate I wasted $70 on this garbage and will NEVER buy another Dice made game again. We got hoodwinked.

You could tell from the beta that things were off, surprised more people didn’t cancel their preorders and use a game pass/ea play trial to play 10 hours at release before buying.

There were the usual excuses from the fanboys and apologists...."it's only a beta", "the beta build is 6 months old", "everyone knows that BF games are buggy at release", "portal will save this", "missing features will be patched in", etc. Looks like what was released was far worse than what even they expected.

I don't know why I let people convince me that the beta was an early build or w/e. None of it made any sense. But I was in the middle of a slow and painful breakup and I really wanted a new BF game to go crazy in. I didn't lose faith after the beta, but I sure did with the full game. Doesn't mean I won't touch another DICE again, I'll just be more careful next time and make sure I can get a refund if things go south again.

I've played the beta of other BF games before and it was always close to the final product, just with performance issues, more bugs and balance issues, all very easy to patch. The problems with BF2042 have far deeper roots.

You need EA Play Pro to play new releases. Game Pass only comes with standard EA Play.

There were the usual excuses from the fanboys and apologists...."it's only a beta", "the beta build is 6 months old", "everyone knows that BF games are buggy at release", "portal will save this", "missing features will be patched in", etc. Looks like what was released was far worse than what even they expected.

Feels like they are finally getting the message that they screwed the pooch and are desperately scrabbling to do something about it. Too little way too late I'm aftaid :rolleyes:

This is happening the same way Anthem did.

Season 1 is 'delayed' because they are seeing how poor the numbers are and likely got rid of most of the 2042 post-launch development team, and there is likely only a skeleton crew working the game now. So expect very minimal updates, and the seasons may not even happen.

I'd be super pissed if I paid the full price for this game. This is way worse than the Simcity 5 disaster, but at least for that game they apologized and gave people a choice of free games in return.

I paid full price but I got over 200 hours from it so far. I would like more maps though now. Otherwise I got my money's worth anyway.

I paid full price but I got over 200 hours from it so far. I would like more maps though now. Otherwise I got my money's worth anyway.
I paid $45 and got 100 hours out of it. hopefully the season delay is them doing some serious work.

Back