Battlefield 2042

3-5" MOA is still on target. The shots in this game at distance is like a 1-5ft spread.

I have all said ammo in my possession and I shoot regularly at my local range. The spread isn't that wide in real life, you will still hit the target with steel case Tula / Lake City garbage.
The issue with this game is that skill can't tighten the grouping, the cone is the cone, the player can't overcome it.

Another Example
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...utm_source=embed&utm_name=&utm_content=header

That's easily a 1-2" grouping in real life at that distance using any ammo.

Snipers are not affected by weapon bloom.

But you can find one weapon that's not affected by bloom, like the PP29:

Yeah it is all about being approximate. BF4 nailed it. You could kill people from a good distance. They weren't as accurate as real weapons, but stuff is a lot smaller on screen due to FOV and other restrictions (100 meters in games looksmore like 250 meters in the real world). So real world ballistics weren't 100% accurate, but it approximated and scaled with the "in game visual range". A 5.56 carbine would easily get kills at 80-100 in game meters, which would be around 200-250 in the real world.

Example, skip to 7 minutes here:

I had zero problem firing a quick burst and killing someone when they looked fairly small on screen.

from tom henderson(rumor)

Day 1 Patch - Nov 19th (Launch patch)
Day 10 Patch - Nov 30th (Quality of life update)
Day 25 Patch - Dec 7th (Content patch)
There's people saying the Day 1 Patch is going to fix a lot of issues, but that's likely to come in the Day 10 Patch.

"To be clear - The Day 25 is NOT stuff like weapons, maps etc. An example was "Player Stats". It looks like no new in-game content is coming to the game for several months (according to their Season plan statement announcement)."

Yeah, not hating on this game but I am going to wait until next year. Kinda of a shame because Portal sounds like fun and brings back the nostalgia from the 1942 and BF2 PC days.

Also, I'm not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU, i7-6700 OC'd to 4.4ghz and still trucking along. Not expecting to max out this game or anything but would it stand a chance?

Yeah, not hating on this game but I am going to wait until next year. Kinda of a shame because Portal sounds like fun and brings back the nostalgia from the 1942 and BF2 PC days.

Also, I'm not sure if I need to upgrade my CPU, i7-6700 OC'd to 4.4ghz and still trucking along. Not expecting to max out this game or anything but would it stand a chance?

I think this game will make any quad core CPU cry. If not the CPU, the gamer for sure. I’m CPU limited with a 3900x, 3080 @ 1440p ultra, RTX off

Yeah it is all about being approximate. BF4 nailed it. You could kill people from a good distance. They weren't as accurate as real weapons, but stuff is a lot smaller on screen due to FOV and other restrictions (100 meters in games looksmore like 250 meters in the real world). So real world ballistics weren't 100% accurate, but it approximated and scaled with the "in game visual range". A 5.56 carbine would easily get kills at 80-100 in game meters, which would be around 200-250 in the real world.

Example, skip to 7 minutes here:

I had zero problem firing a quick burst and killing someone when they looked fairly small on screen.

Yeah, the spread isn't that much, now the effectiveness of the round at distance will decrease, which BF4 nailed as well.
The rounds on this game seem to maintain close range effectiveness over distance but the spread reduces your ability to land rounds on target.

Recoil and sway should be what determines accuracy, not a randomized cone.
Caliber should determine effectiveness over distance. The SCAR in 7.62 was more effective than 556 over distance in BF4. It's accurate enough for a game.

Breakthrough has a lot potential, but the open maps hold it back. The game mode needs more cover, especially from the crazy taxi hovercrafts.
Breakaway is vertically impressive but empty which leads to the attacking team taking cover for too long instead of advancing.

The game came be tolerable for me if the change/fix:
Weapon Bloom and damage balance
Crazy Taxi Hovercrafts
More maps with cover that fits the Breakthough game mode (Enemy installments are usually in fortified locations with cover and bunkers, not wide open fields.)
User Interface, cammo rose and communication
Hardware Performance issues

There's a lot more but that will make the game tolerable for me right now.

Last edited:
Gotta love getting match after match of matches with around a minute or so left of the game. This is why people want a server browser.

We need a server browser, but I figured this one out. The first match it will put you into a game already in progress. After that game ends, do not press anything and let the game automatically match again after the countdown. Then it puts me in a fresh game just starting every time.

Some of you have a lot of patience or don't see patterns in how someone posts.

Dont be so rude. I asked one time.
Bro you don't understand plain English and ask the most asinine questions I've ever seen. You'll keep asking 'so is good game?' and 'game buggy not worth it?' every single day because you don't understand what's being said by anyone anyway

Bro you don't understand plain English and ask the most asinine questions I've ever seen. You'll keep asking 'so is good game?' and 'game buggy not worth it?' every single day because you don't understand what's being said by anyone anyway
Ah ok sorry.

Ah ok srry.
Can I suggest you find a forum in your native language? You speak Polish? Maybe there are Polish games forums that you can better use. You can do what you want but your posts are... interesting.. you turn hardforum into Yahoo Answers

Can I suggest you find a forum in your native language? You speak Polish? Maybe there are Polish games forums that you can better use. You can do what you want but your posts are... interesting.. you turn hardforum into Yahoo Answers
From where you know i am polish ? :) :p yes

not english yes :)
I told you his English is better than mine.

My problem with this game if I buy it I might feel obligated to play it just to get my money's worth. I owned the game last week but now I don't.

I run 24 inch gaming monitors so everything on the screen is going to be smaller than most peoples monitors. With the maps being as big as they are an no Team Deathmatch mode I feel like its going to play out like the Beta did. With Call of Duty small maps and my small monitors I have no issue. Like this game was designed for 39 inch Ultrawides.

https://np.reddit.com/r/battlefield...uck_it_heres_a_list_of_absolutely_everything/

Reddit list of everything downgraded or removed compared to previous titles.

Code:
Core Features

No single-player story/campaign mode
    No standard server browser
    Fewer standardized game modes (Can't even play TDM or smaller scale modes without relying on community servers. Really?)
    Fewer base game maps than any other title (even including portal the map count is only 13)
    No persistent lobbies (seriously why do I have to matchmake after EVERY round?)
    Fewer in-game assignments (none outside of cosmetic unlocks)
    No class system
    Less character customization options (than BF5)
    No profile progress/stats page in the menu
    No battle log/stats tracker for other players
    No global leader boards
    No end of round assignment progress screen
    No dog tags (they still sort of exist I guess?)
    No custom emblems
    Fewer achievements
    No medals
    No cross-game profile screen (BF 4, HL, 1, and V were all linked by a menu if you owned them digitally, was a neat feature.)
    No spectator mode
    No permanent community servers (would be useful for clans and events)
    No test range (this one is sort of compensated for with single payer servers vs bots)

Infantry Gameplay

Fewer guns (even including all the portal guns, BF4 still had more at launch)
    Fewer infantry gadgets
    No manual leaning
    No diving while swimming
    No high wall vaulting
    No crouch sprinting
    No backwards prone
    No explosion knockback
    No rolling after falling from heights
    No ammo or health pickup off teammates
    No scope zeroing
    No thermal optics
    No indirect fire gadgets
    Less anti-tank launchers (Come on man only one?)
    No lock-on launchers (The M5 works with the SOFLAM but that requires 2 people)
    No AP mines/claymores
    No suppression mechanic (This one I don't mind but I'm including everything)
    No first person takedown animations (whether this is a downgrade is up for debate, but I think it is)

Vehicles

Fewer vehicle types (and separate vehicle progression per faction even though they are functionally identical... why???)
    No naval vehicles (Except I guess the hovercraft technically)
    No small transports (i.e. ATVs, motorcycles)
    No vehicle gunner direction indicator
    No lock on direction indicator
    No vehicle enter/exit animations
    No tank turret decoupling (This was so great in BF4!)
    Less vehicle driver/pilot customization options
    No tank zoom customization options
    No tank gunner customization options
    No heli gunner secondary weapons
    No separate heli/fixed-wing controls
    No control input while looking behind/free looking in aircraft (BF1 and V pilots, this one is gonna absolutely suck for you guys)
    No joystick/non-generic gamepad support

Scoring System

No squad wipe scoring
    No player damage points
    No vehicle damage points
    No vehicle kill assist points
    No headshot bonus
    No long-range kill bonus
    No assist counts as kill bonus
    No multi-kill bonus
    No killstreak stopped bonus
    No comeback bonus
    No squad objective play bonus
    Oversimplified teamplay scoring (i.e. healing a teammate always gives you a flat +5xp rather than being based on how much you heal them)

Squad and Teamwork

No commander
    No special squad call-in abilities
    No squad field upgrades
    No in-game VOIP (coming soonTM)
    Fewer factions (with almost nothing to give the 2 factions any distinction)
    No cross-team chat
    No "create new squad" option
    No clans/platoons
    No view of squadmates while in the spawn screen
    No "Medic incoming" indicator in downed state (coming soonTM)
    No rank names/icons, just a number.

Maps

Lack of persistent servers means poor map rotation (I played for 10 hours and never saw Kaleidescope, Orbital, or Breakaway)
    Fewer base game maps (not including portal maps)
    No static weapon emplacements
    Fewer destructible buildings
    Very poor balance between vehicle and infantry gameplay
    No infantry focused maps
    No game changing levolution
    Absolutely zero cover between capture zones
    No fortification building (given how open all the maps are, this could have been super useful)
    Fewer urban areas
    No naval maps

UI and Quality of Life

Less control customization options
    Less UI customization options
    No HUD/icon opacity customization
    No HUD scaling customization options
    No gunsight reticle customization options
    No network performance graph
    No individual player scoreboard
    No ability to zoom in on the spawn map
    Less detail in the 'who killed you' screen
    Less ultrawide monitor support (hud ratio is locked in at 16:9)
    Very poor friend joining system (Lack of server browser makes playing with more than 4 friends completely impossible)
    Poor console aim assist (big fat fuck you to console players there, dice. Hopefully this will come with the D1 patch)
    No in game crossplay toggle option (you have to change your global console settings)

Audio

General consensus seems to be the audio design is bad, especially compared to both BF3 and BF1.
    3D soundscape is almost non-exsistent
    Less impactful soundtrack (menu music is very dull and repetitive)
    End of round music is dull and uninteresting (compared to BF1 and V this is a big downgrade)
    End of round voicelines are just awful. I can't describe how much I hate them. (Tried to keep the rest of the list objective, but I had to add this. You guys understand)

https://np.reddit.com/r/battlefield...uck_it_heres_a_list_of_absolutely_everything/

Reddit list of everything downgraded or removed compared to previous titles.

Code:
Core Features

No single-player story/campaign mode
    No standard server browser
    Fewer standardized game modes (Can't even play TDM or smaller scale modes without relying on community servers. Really?)
    Fewer base game maps than any other title (even including portal the map count is only 13)
    No persistent lobbies (seriously why do I have to matchmake after EVERY round?)
    Fewer in-game assignments (none outside of cosmetic unlocks)
    No class system
    Less character customization options (than BF5)
    No profile progress/stats page in the menu
    No battle log/stats tracker for other players
    No global leader boards
    No end of round assignment progress screen
    No dog tags (they still sort of exist I guess?)
    No custom emblems
    Fewer achievements
    No medals
    No cross-game profile screen (BF 4, HL, 1, and V were all linked by a menu if you owned them digitally, was a neat feature.)
    No spectator mode
    No permanent community servers (would be useful for clans and events)
    No test range (this one is sort of compensated for with single payer servers vs bots)

Infantry Gameplay

Fewer guns (even including all the portal guns, BF4 still had more at launch)
    Fewer infantry gadgets
    No manual leaning
    No diving while swimming
    No high wall vaulting
    No crouch sprinting
    No backwards prone
    No explosion knockback
    No rolling after falling from heights
    No ammo or health pickup off teammates
    No scope zeroing
    No thermal optics
    No indirect fire gadgets
    Less anti-tank launchers (Come on man only one?)
    No lock-on launchers (The M5 works with the SOFLAM but that requires 2 people)
    No AP mines/claymores
    No suppression mechanic (This one I don't mind but I'm including everything)
    No first person takedown animations (whether this is a downgrade is up for debate, but I think it is)

Vehicles

Fewer vehicle types (and separate vehicle progression per faction even though they are functionally identical... why???)
    No naval vehicles (Except I guess the hovercraft technically)
    No small transports (i.e. ATVs, motorcycles)
    No vehicle gunner direction indicator
    No lock on direction indicator
    No vehicle enter/exit animations
    No tank turret decoupling (This was so great in BF4!)
    Less vehicle driver/pilot customization options
    No tank zoom customization options
    No tank gunner customization options
    No heli gunner secondary weapons
    No separate heli/fixed-wing controls
    No control input while looking behind/free looking in aircraft (BF1 and V pilots, this one is gonna absolutely suck for you guys)
    No joystick/non-generic gamepad support

Scoring System

No squad wipe scoring
    No player damage points
    No vehicle damage points
    No vehicle kill assist points
    No headshot bonus
    No long-range kill bonus
    No assist counts as kill bonus
    No multi-kill bonus
    No killstreak stopped bonus
    No comeback bonus
    No squad objective play bonus
    Oversimplified teamplay scoring (i.e. healing a teammate always gives you a flat +5xp rather than being based on how much you heal them)

Squad and Teamwork

No commander
    No special squad call-in abilities
    No squad field upgrades
    No in-game VOIP (coming soonTM)
    Fewer factions (with almost nothing to give the 2 factions any distinction)
    No cross-team chat
    No "create new squad" option
    No clans/platoons
    No view of squadmates while in the spawn screen
    No "Medic incoming" indicator in downed state (coming soonTM)
    No rank names/icons, just a number.

Maps

Lack of persistent servers means poor map rotation (I played for 10 hours and never saw Kaleidescope, Orbital, or Breakaway)
    Fewer base game maps (not including portal maps)
    No static weapon emplacements
    Fewer destructible buildings
    Very poor balance between vehicle and infantry gameplay
    No infantry focused maps
    No game changing levolution
    Absolutely zero cover between capture zones
    No fortification building (given how open all the maps are, this could have been super useful)
    Fewer urban areas
    No naval maps

UI and Quality of Life

Less control customization options
    Less UI customization options
    No HUD/icon opacity customization
    No HUD scaling customization options
    No gunsight reticle customization options
    No network performance graph
    No individual player scoreboard
    No ability to zoom in on the spawn map
    Less detail in the 'who killed you' screen
    Less ultrawide monitor support (hud ratio is locked in at 16:9)
    Very poor friend joining system (Lack of server browser makes playing with more than 4 friends completely impossible)
    Poor console aim assist (big fat fuck you to console players there, dice. Hopefully this will come with the D1 patch)
    No in game crossplay toggle option (you have to change your global console settings)

Audio

General consensus seems to be the audio design is bad, especially compared to both BF3 and BF1.
    3D soundscape is almost non-exsistent
    Less impactful soundtrack (menu music is very dull and repetitive)
    End of round music is dull and uninteresting (compared to BF1 and V this is a big downgrade)
    End of round voicelines are just awful. I can't describe how much I hate them. (Tried to keep the rest of the list objective, but I had to add this. You guys understand)

And with all that we're still expected to believe this was always meant as a battlefield game from the outset? It would be far easier to build upon what was implemented in bfv than strip everything back to bare bones.

Last edited:
Played the beta and hated everything about the game. it felt like a huge downgrade compared to previous titles, even much older titles of the series.
After a lot of time watching streams and videos of the gameplay, I've decided to cancel my preorder on Steam (even though I could technically try out the game up to two hours and get a refund) but the truth is, it wouldn't be worth my time seeing what state the game is currently in.

This will be the first battlefield game I haven't bought and played on release in almost 20 years.

Played the beta and hated everything about the game. it felt like a huge downgrade compared to previous titles, even much older titles of the series.
After a lot of time watching streams and videos of the gameplay, I've decided to cancel my preorder on Steam (even though I could technically try out the game up to two hours and get a refund) but the truth is, it wouldn't be worth my time seeing what state the game is currently in.

This will be the first battlefield game I haven't bought and played on release in almost 20 years.
This is two in a row for me. I didn't buy BFV and I'm not buying 2042.
I'm only playing 2042 because of Gamepass.

And with all that we're still expected to believe this was always meant as a battlefield game from the outset? It would be far easier to build upon what was implemented in bfv than strip everything back to bare bones.
They just needed to reskin BF4 but with all new modes and maps. Simple really.
Major changes like this in the BF franchise comes from the desire to make money.

This is two in a row for me. I didn't buy BFV and I'm not buying 2042.
I'm only playing 2042 because of Gamepass.

They just needed to reskin BF4 but with all new modes and maps. Simple really.
Major changes like this in the BF franchise comes from the desire to make money.
I actually think BFV was an amazing game in a lot of ways, but it could have been so much more if Dice had supported it after release instead of butchering TTK and waiting a year for any updates. BFV closed alpha was the best infantry gameplay I've ever seen in any BF game, but definitely on the more hardcore side of things.

BF2042 should have been built on top of BFV and Dice would have had a home run. Instead they decided to start from scratch with new developers who had no idea how an FPS game should feel and they even reintroduced bullet deviation from BF1 which is mind-blowing as that was the most talked about TERRIBLE feature of BF1, but the gameplay and aiming in BF1 still feels much better than BF2042.
The fact that they even scratched the sound engine instead of building upon it is such a terrible decision! BF2042 is by far the worst sounding game of all modern titles.

Last edited:
No TDM is a big problem for me. I split half my time between Conquest Large and TDM in BF4. I won't cancel my pre-order though, will still play it for Conquest. But no TDM = lame.

No TDM is a big problem for me. I split half my time between Conquest Large and TDM in BF4. I won't cancel my pre-order though, will still play it for Conquest. But no TDM = lame.
I played TDM a lot in BF4, feel of the weapons was great.
Parcel Storm, Zavod 311 and Golmud Railway were my favorites. Lots of cover and vegetation.

Back