Battlefield 2042

Still haven’t been able to get into an all out warfare map. Get an error about a persistent connection. Played one portal game that was over in 5 mins. Played 2 hazard zone games, got rocked in the first one, second one my team didn’t show up so I went in by myself and died. This is a terrible game so far
Could be because most people who have the game would not be on, yet. It's still a work/school day. The team issue, that is.

My impressions after playing for about an hour and a half of all-out-war:
- Game is fun, it feels like a classic BF game to me. If you like BF games you’ll like this IMO. The formula is not radically different.
- It’s a bit buggy but nothing I wouldn’t expect from a BF release. I’m not saying this to excuse the bugs, they’re still annoying.
- I’m pretty terrible at the moment. I’m not winning many engagements. I need to get out of my ‘COD’ mindset of run and gun and get back into the more strategic BF mindset.
- HUD is too large and distracting at 4K. I don’t see a HUD scaling option similar to BF3/BF4, but I’d love to figure out how to scale it down.
- Being gunner support in a chopper still brings a smile to my face
- Taking out a vehicle and seeing 3+ kills in your kill feed is still very satisfying

Like I said it feels like a standard BF game to me. I’m looking forward to sinking more time in.

Last edited:
- Game is fun, it feels like a classic BF game to me. If you like BF games you’ll like this IMO. The formula is not radically different.
- It’s a bit buggy but nothing I wouldn’t expect from a BF release. I’m not saying this to excuse the bugs, they’re still annoying.
- I’m pretty terrible at the moment. I’m not winning many engagements. I need to get out of my ‘COD’ mindset of run and gun and get back into the more strategic BF mindset.
- HUD is too large and distracting at 4K. I don’t see a HUD scaling option similar to BF3/BF4, but I’d love to figure out how to scale it down.
- Being gunner support in a chopper still brings a smile to my face
- Taking out a vehicle and seeing 3+ kills in your killdeer is still very satisfying

Like I said it feels like a standard BF game to me. I’m looking forward to sinking more time in.
So far this is my exact same feelings. I LOVE being in the heli and mowing people down. So much fun lol

Portal mode at the minute is a fucking joke, every server practically is some bullshit fast xp server so you get spawned into a game on either a fully armed team, or a team that only has knives and virtually zero health. Dunno if its amusing or pathetic that some retards out there are still drooling at the mouth trying to be able to claim max rank before they go back to pumping the cat.

Portal mode at the minute is a fucking joke, every server practically is some bullshit fast xp server so you get spawned into a game on either a fully armed team, or a team that only has knives and virtually zero health. Dunno if its amusing or pathetic that some retards out there are still drooling at the mouth trying to be able to claim max rank before they go back to pumping the cat.
they mentioned something about this on twitter https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm

they are having server issues atm.

I wouldn't say its broken. This is normal BF connect issues every single other BF release has.

Other then that the game is quite fun, and way smoother than I was expecting. That Open Beta release was nothing what the game plays like now.

So overall not worth to buy ,mess?
only played one round of all out warfare so far but feels like battlefield to me. most of my issues with the beta seem to be addressed. so far the pros are outweighing the cons.

theres really no reason people should be asking if they should buy or not. the xbox game pass for PC is still $1 and gets you 10 hours of game time.

only played one round of all out warfare so far but feels like battlefield to me. most of my issues with the beta seem to be addressed. so far the pros are outweighing the cons.

theres really no reason people should be asking if they should buy or not. the xbox game pass for PC is still $1 and gets you 10 hours of game time.
Thanks

Eh, maybe someone wants a second opinion before downloading yet another huge game. Nothing wrong with asking.

Eh, maybe someone wants a second opinion before downloading yet another huge game. Nothing wrong with asking.
true. I think I have one of the slowest connections at 50 mbps and it was a 3hr download though

just realized, is there no server browser or even a way to choose what map you want to play all out warfare on?

Never could get all out to work, had to go to portal. Just got my first crash to desktop just riding around in a gunners seat. I think this is the real beta, netcode is still garbage. Love the fact most of the custom games in portal are people farming XP like someone said above. This game is about 2 or 3 patches from playable. Framerate at 1440 ultra seems to hover around 80-90 mark for me on the 3080ti

So from what I have been reading. Sure does look like this game is very CPU dependent. I will have to say even at 4k with max details and DLSS on I can sometimes hover around 91-95 GPU usage.

Might be a bug? Or might be that having 128 people per map really is taxing the CPU.

I refunded this garbage.

No server browser.
But not just that, kicks you back to the lobby/matchmaking after each game. So you can't have a grudge match against a team that just beat you. Or any type of progression.
No all chat. Fucking gay.
No scoreboard.
No stats.
Shit squad system.
No class system.
Less destruction.
No medic indicators on map.
No vehicle customization.
- This affects Portal heavily. BF3 is now, not BF3.

Lots of other shit I am forgetting. But they have now officially stripped out 90% of what made Battlefield Battlefield. Congrats, it's now a COD knockoff.

Fuck EA in their fucking asses.

I refunded this garbage.

No server browser.
But not just that, kicks you back to the lobby/matchmaking after each game. So you can't have a grudge match against a team that just beat you. Or any type of progression.
No scoreboard.
No stats.
Shit squad system.
No class system.
Less destruction.

Lots of other shit I am forgetting. But they have now officially stripped out 90% of what made Battlefield Battlefield. Congrats, it's now a COD knockoff.

Lots of folks in here will love the sound of this.

Making a portal experience seems...very hit or miss. I tried setting up 1942 vs bc2 on El Alemein earlier and even with the code and server name it never showed. Options also seem more limited than i thought, no way to set amount of vehicles just types of vehicles unless theres an option i've yet to see. Was wanting to have a big 32 vs 32 tankathon, but not seeing a way of doing that.

I refunded this garbage.

No server browser.
No scoreboard.
No stats.
Shit squad system.
No class system.
Less destruction.

At least COD has a scoreboard…

So far this is my exact same feelings. I LOVE being in the heli and mowing people down. So much fun lol
Feeding helos missiles feels pretty awesome too..... Or a main gun tank round if they are foolish enough to get slow in the weeds.

I refunded this garbage.

No server browser.
No scoreboard.
No stats.
Shit squad system.
No class system.
Less destruction.

No server browser is bad, I won't buy for that reason alone. I wanted to get this game. What a shame

I just don't understand why basic stuff like a scoreboard isn't in the game.

Oh, and I haven't been able to play for about the past 6 hours. Every game I get "unable to load persistance data"

Great launch.

Again, i'll point out that COD with as massive of a launch as it has, had no issues on day 1.

Last edited:
No server browser is bad, I won't buy for that reason alone. I wanted to get this game. What a shame
BFV was such a dissapointment, it had so much potential, but they just left the whole thing half finished. Its still ok, but they just fumbled what could have been an amazing game. For that reason among others, i'm waiting this one out... If it gets less shitty in a few months, i'll consider it.

I just don't understand why basic stuff like a scoreboard isn't in the game.
If it was a design decision rather than something they plan on patching in shortly, then maybe they decided PTFO > KDR

Uh, classic battlefield games had a class system, a scoreboard, a server browser, and many other things that are completely missing from this game. Nothing about this game feels like a battlefield game other than the name.

So from what I have been reading. Sure does look like this game is very CPU dependent. I will have to say even at 4k with max details and DLSS on I can sometimes hover around 91-95 GPU usage.

Might be a bug? Or might be that having 128 people per map really is taxing the CPU.

I have found it to be the opposite. With my AMD 5900X and RTX 3090, with graphics at their lowest setting, I had to drop all the way down to 1650x900 resolution for the GPU not be maxed anymore. This resulted in about 270 FPS. This may be one of the most GPU dependent games I've ever played.

Basically, if you have a fast GPU and play at 4K, your CPU could be a turnip and and your GPU would still be maxed out.

I have found it to be the opposite. With my AMD 5900X and RTX 3090, with graphics at their lowest setting, I had to drop all the way down to 1650x900 resolution for the GPU not be maxed anymore. This resulted in about 270 FPS. This may be one of the most GPU dependent games I've ever played.

Basically, if you have a fast GPU and play at 4K, your CPU could be a turnip and and your GPU would still be maxed out.

Crazy, how we can have the exact same setup, but get 2 totally different outcomes.

I am thinking this game needs more optimizations if you ask me. Like you said earlier, would love to run this with Vulkan.

Uh, classic battlefield games had a class system, a scoreboard, a server browser, and many other things that are completely missing from this game. Nothing about this game feels like a battlefield game other than the name.
Well the most important thing (to me) makes it feel like a classic battlefield game….the gameplay.
But you’re right about the ancillary things you mention - I miss them too.

Im still confused, as to why a scoreboard is such a fucking need.. Does it honestly matter that much what other people have done? I get it, for maybe checking out hackers, but damn the whining over it.. I can count maybe 3 times Ive actually opened the scoreboard..

Chat is another one. I dont get on BF to worry about what some 12 yr old has done to my mother.. 99% of the time I have chat hidden anyways.. Wanna show the camper how you feel? Bring it back to the primitive time, and Tea bag that mofo! :LOL:

Yeah the game is a mess.. But again BFV took what a solid year to be half way decent.. BF4 a few years.. Im more than content giving them all the time they need, as long as Im not stuck playing COD..

I Will say Portal will be the bread winner for this game, if they play their cards right. Im absolutely loving BFBC2 and 1942.

those things while important don't make it a battlefield game. except for the class system, which is in portal. when you're in a server, portal or not, it is battlefield. there is infantry, tanks, and aerial combat. just curious, have you played the game?

Reactions: DPI
like this
I feel like this game was trying to make the correct steps in the right direction, but man, this game feels like a complete garbage alpha product. Both prior games had their issues at launch, but at least they weren't this level of trash all around. So many things about this game, like the UI, are just complete garbage. It's awful to look at.

As to why I want a scoreboard? Uh, so I can see who's in the server? So I can see my ping? So I can see how much i'm sucking? In what world would you not want a scoreboard in a multiplayer FPS? Even Activision wouldn't be so stupid to remove it from CoD.

those things while important don't make it a battlefield game. except for the class system, which is in portal. when you're in a server, portal or not, it is battlefield. there is infantry, tanks, and aerial combat. just curious, have you played the game?

Yes, I own the game. It's the worst "battlefield" title I've ever played.

Back