Battlefield 2042

I dunno how I feel about POOF INSTANT WALL but I guess it mostly looks like a return to form

I dunno how I feel about POOF INSTANT WALL but I guess it mostly looks like a return to form

Personally I don't like building things in multiplayer games like this either. But this is another nod towards Fornite and Call of Duty. We saw similar in BFV. As much as I hate it, this is the way the industry is moving.

Gotta shoehorn "abilities" in somehow

Can't wait until feature creep sets in and they start adding progressively dumber characters to get those delicious DLC dollars.

I look forward to getting killed by someone with an inspector gadget helicopter hat or some shit

Can't wait until feature creep sets in and they start adding progressively dumber characters to get those delicious DLC dollars.

I look forward to getting killed by someone with an inspector gadget helicopter hat or some shit

Yeah, if they're going to put in Fortnite building shit, the least they can do is make it free-to-pay.

2142 support had a deployable shield. this looks alot bigger though

https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/IPS_Shield
Yeah I'm not sure why a deployable shield suddenly means it's "Fortnite wall building". The Fortnite/COD police are some cranky bitches. Not everything new DICE tries needs to be an immediate OMG slippery slope to clown mask DLC's and lesbianism.

Meanwhile I'm over here thrilled I'll be able to play Omar from The Wire in my most anticipated videogame.

1629321080682.png

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure why a deployable shield suddenly means it's "Fortnite wall building".

Some cranky bitches that will complain about anything/everything new they try. The Fortnite/COD police are almost worse than the woke police.

Meanwhile I'm thrilled I'll be able to play Omar from The Wire in my upcoming favorite videogame.
I like the building they put in BFV, it gives defensive players something to do to try and help hold a point. instead of everyone just running a circle around the map capping point after point.

Because 2142 was fucking awesome and I want something "out there" like that again

A matter of opinion, it had its plus points and had its negatives. The titan mode suffered massive lag for the most part when the titans were moving, people started warping around inside them and it made fire fights a farce.

Is it me or does the second one he puts down at 18 seconds not appear to do anything? Nothing seems to appear in front of him at least. o_O

Ya it looks like it was placed but didn't deploy, likely due to it possibly hitting the rocks next to it.

Just look to R6 Siege and CoD Modern Warfare as examples. MW was explicitly marketed as having an authentic, realistic look and theme to.

gosh that tank is fast. I think movement speed and even tanks were increased for the tech test. if you watch the gameplay trailer and the portal one, movement speed isn't as fast. we might get to see some raw gameplay at gamescom in a week. and probably a beta release date.

gosh that tank is fast. I think movement speed and even tanks were increased for the tech test. if you watch the gameplay trailer and the portal one, movement speed isn't as fast. we might get to see some raw gameplay at gamescom in a week. and probably a beta release date.

Tank's are pretty fast these days, an abrams can get upto around 40mph. They look much faster though coming from the tanks in bfv. Though looking at the vid i can't really recall if tanks in bf3/4 were that fast.

Tank's are pretty fast these days, an abrams can get upto around 40mph. They look much faster though coming from the tanks in bfv. Though looking at the vid i can't really recall if tanks in bf3/4 were that fast.
True. Fast tanks can be devistating for infantry and balance though. I get 30 kills per death in BFV in a tank. sometimes more. and they are freaking slow. the one I use is anyway.

True. Fast tanks can be devistating for infantry and balance though. I get 30 kills per death in BFV in a tank. sometimes more. and they are freaking slow. the one I use is anyway.

I'm more worried about that grappling gadget, gonna look like an army of fucking Tarzans swinging from building to building. Camping snipers must be spooging themselves with the opportunities this opens up to be utterly useless in some obscure area of the map. The gadget itself also appears to have infinite uses. =/

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I'm more worried about that grappling gadget, gonna look like an army of fucking Tarzans swinging from building to building. Camping snipers must be spooging themselves with the opportunities this opens up to be utterly useless in some obscure area of the map. The gadget itself also appears to have infinite uses. =/
The grappling hook does kinda seem like a way of sneaking in a spiderman supernatural ability, without triggering predictable outrage by having it in the form of a literal rocketpack, or wall jumping ability in the game. But it's effectively a rocketpack.

But that's not even a bad thing, IMO. More verticality, faster paced and more frantic, being able to deal dispatch roof campers without having to use the one ladder that they'd otherwise be waiting for you to come up. All of these new little elements considered in isolation get nitpicked to death online, but we won't really know how all these elements come together in the overall feel and flow of the game until we've played at least a few dozen rounds or 10+ hours.

So it's probably premature to worry about everyone having grappling hooks or "everyone having an RPG" like some people worried in reddit threads. Everyone won't have everything or be everywhere at once. Unless you're proficient in a jet - because then, to quote an old clan buddy that routinely went 100-0, "you can be everywhere."

Last edited:
Looks like 2042 will be the bundled game with 3070 and above cards from a certain date forward, TBA. While Inno3D is plastered on these slides making the rounds, its an Nvidia/EA promotion not specific to one AIB and it'll be the same slide every AIB slaps their logo on. Inno just jumping gun and leaking early to try to slurp up PR.

Whether it'll be retroactive for existing Nvidia 3070 - 3090 owners (unlikely) still unknown until promotion officially announced.

View attachment 387686
View attachment 387688

The text says Systems, not cards, these bundles usually come when card sales slow down, afaik there is not much slowdown atm, but if they give it with prebuilt systems that might be another thing.

Looks like 2042 will be the bundled game with 3070 and above cards from a certain date forward, TBA. While Inno3D is plastered on these slides making the rounds, its an Nvidia/EA promotion not specific to one AIB and it'll be the same slide every AIB slaps their logo on. Inno just jumping gun and leaking early to try to slurp up PR.

Whether it'll be retroactive for existing Nvidia 3070 - 3090 owners (unlikely) still unknown until promotion officially announced.

View attachment 387686
View attachment 387688

If it happens retroactively I would almost be angry since I have a 3070 and have already preordered the Gold edition lol.

Graphics options have "lightning" quality as an option. I know the storms have lightning in them but i'm wondering if that's a typo. Be surprised if most of those options actually did anything in that test version, they usually don't have most of the assets in supposed betas.

I think I read some story that since titan fall 2 source code was leaked the servers were full of hacking bots now. I wonder if thats going to happen when 2042 releases since the source code for that was also stolen. the hacks are compatible for the beta next month

The open "beta" (demo) will be telling for sure, if dice are still going to stick to this bullshit report system for hackers the games going to be flooded with them. Lost count of the amount of times people have been reported coupled with video evidence and weeks and months later they're still playing.

The open "beta" (demo) will be telling for sure, if dice are still going to stick to this bullshit report system for hackers the games going to be flooded with them. Lost count of the amount of times people have been reported coupled with video evidence and weeks and months later they're still playing.
They have an actual anticheat system again, but how well it works definitely remains to be seen...

I think I read some story that since titan fall 2 source code was leaked the servers were full of hacking bots now. I wonder if thats going to happen when 2042 releases since the source code for that was also stolen. the hacks are compatible for the beta next
I'd take any clickbait headlines about leaks with a grain of salt since its usually third hand information, and even if there was leaked code, it doesn't really matter and is mostly worthless. Anything sensitive like antibot methods would just be altered by the developer.

Any code leaks also have no bearing on aimbots, since they pretty much all rely on D3D injection which doesn't need source code.

I'm sure 2042 will have wallhacks/aimbots. But just like BF3 and BF4, running into the occasional idiot using one - blatantly or closet botting- doesn't really matter over the long haul of many rounds over many weeks and months of play.

As you get better at the game, you develop a keen sense of who's cheating, and those guys are just disregarded and laughed off and not taken seriously by anyone except other bad players that think EVERYONE who kills them must be botting.

I'd take any clickbait headlines about leaks with a grain of salt since its usually third hand information, and even if there was leaked code, it doesn't really matter and is mostly worthless. Anything sensitive like antibot methods would just be altered by the developer.

Any code leaks also have no bearing on aimbots, since they pretty much all rely on D3D injection which doesn't need source code.

I'm sure 2042 will have wallhacks/aimbots. But just like BF3 and BF4, running into the occasional idiot using one - blatantly or closet botting- doesn't really matter over the long haul of many rounds over many weeks and months of play.

As you get better at the game, you develop a keen sense of who's cheating, and those guys are just disregarded and laughed off and not taken seriously by anyone except other bad players that think EVERYONE who kills them must be botting.
I see a cheater all the time in BF5, the last one was on devastation map and had over 100 kills and 10 deaths. hard to laugh it off when the cheater's team is up 300 tickets.

I see a cheater all the time in BF5, the last one was on devastation map and had over 100 kills and 10 deaths. hard to laugh it off when the cheater's team is up 300 tickets.
Don't know why he thinks people who can pinpoint a cheater are busy laughing it up. They typically ruin the game and you either have to hope they get banned or leave the server.

Don't know why he thinks people who can pinpoint a cheater are busy laughing it up. They typically ruin the game and you either have to hope they get banned or leave the server.

Me: "Cheaters are going to exist, they're infrequent, but how you react to them is up to you".
You: "But how can he say cheaters are no big deal when they ruin the game"

I think you may have missed a point somewhere. I'm going to put several hundred overs into 2042, just like I did BF3 and BF4. When considered across that timescale, the relevance and prevalence of cheaters and griefers - and the mental energy I'll devote to them - rounds down to 0.

Last edited:
Wanna stop hackers from interfering with the servers you play on?

Easy.

Step 1 - find 4 or 5 servers that are consistently active with admins and have either an up to date discord or website to post immediate complaints. This should be super easy to do at release.

Step 2 - get involved with these servers. Become a member, or better yet, work to become an admin. Continue to help out with maintaining a healthy server environment.

Step 3 - rinse and repeat step 1 and 2.

Wanna stop hackers from interfering with the servers you play on?

Easy.

Step 1 - find 4 or 5 servers that are consistently active with admins and have either an up to date discord or website to post immediate complaints. This should be super easy to do at release.

Step 2 - get involved with these servers. Become a member, or better yet, work to become an admin. Continue to help out with maintaining a healthy server environment.

Step 3 - rinse and repeat step 1 and 2.
I pretty much play Apex and community servers don't exist. As far as how I react to cheaters I pretty much just report them and move on, there's not much else to be done.

I pretty much play Apex and community servers don't exist. As far as how I react to cheaters I pretty much just report them and move on, there's not much else to be done.

Apex is one thing, talking about Battlefield games specifically.

Player/Community/Clan owned servers definitely do exist in this series.

Apex is one thing, talking about Battlefield games specifically.

Player/Community/Clan owned servers definitely do exist in this series.
One of the few left sadly. Last time I actually played in community servers was when I played TF2 many years ago.

Back