BATTLEFIELD 1

Very aware of what they were made of, it still seems totally over the top that the rear gun can take them down so fast, unless you happen to be a deadshot with the fighter rockets that seems to randomly go where they want then its pointless going near an attack plane.
Learn your enemy. These kills aren't as easy to get as you think. It might take a good 5-10 seconds of continuous hits on your plane for them to take you out. The front gun on the bomber is a whole other story. Don't present them an easy target. The only advantage they have is that bullets aren't blocked from passing through pieces of the plane, but usually there is very little overlap where this can happen. Hopefully this is fixed.

Fly in the back seat of the bomber or attack plane. Do so for every bomber you can. You will learn the blind spots those guns have and what angles they can fire at. Watch what other attacking pilots do when they attack. One of the bombers has a split tail and you can actually see beneath the bomber, albeit extremely limited field of view. You learn these spots, I guarantee you will be the Red Baron. :D

From personal experience as a tailgunner: If the bomber is flying flat and level or in a shallow bank, any fighter directly behind is a sitting duck. If that bomber is doing any hard maneuvers of any sort, I can't hit shit.

Simply put, stop chasing the bombers from directly behind even though it's the easiest attack vector. Attack them from the side, directly above, or from below. The best pilots I've seen use quick attacks to harass the bombers slightly forcing them to maneuver. The bomber pilots fall for the bait and begin to pull a hard banking maneuver leaving their top exposed giving a massive target to hit and at such an angle the tail gunner can't fire back.

Alternatively, follow a bomber from up high or below until they get to the edge of the map. Many of the bomber pilots use that area to do repairs, end up going right to the edge of the map and are then forced to bank hard to avoid going out of bounds. Use that moment to pounce. :D

I've seen some other pretty cool tactics used against bombers. The attack plane has a cannon on it. I've seen one of my clan mates fly his attack plane directly above the bomber with maybe 50 feet between the 2. He then cut his throttle and dove straight down and got a point blank cannon shot. As a tail gunner I could see what he was doing, but couldn't get the angle on him to shoot. I maybe got 2 or 3 bullets in him before we exploded.

Brilliant tactic on the pilot's part. Inverting the plane to make the enemy prepare for a maneuver. A simple maneuver, amazing the enemy fell for it. That being said, too bad they can't prevent that, as it is literally impossible to do that in reality. However, it's a Battlefield game, where there is just enough questionable physics to come up with stunts as crazy as the Rendezook. :D

The enemy pilot is a complete noob. The second he started receiving damage he should have veered away. He could have peeled off then cut right back from a side angle and initiated a scissors attack. If he had done that, he might have caught that pilot mid transition from gunner seat to pilot seat.

Flats.png

Instead he gave that gunner a full 5 seconds (count em. 5 seconds!) of a stationary target right in the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Ah the ramblings of a clueless scrub, how amusing :)

Clueless?

Here's a fact for you- You probably didn't even realize that bombers and fighter planes were near non existent in the first World War. The majority of planes used were for reconnaissance at best. Grenades chucked off the side, non fixed rifles and machine guns firing aimlessly too.

This guy. Thanks for the laugh.

If BF1 went for realistic weaponry, you'd be utmost furious at how planes worked back then. So, feel a bit fortunate that we've got much exaggerated bombers and attack planes to fly in.

My original point is that in Battlefield 4 and even 3, aerial combat was king. This is no longer the case. In which it shouldn't be.
You've gotta earn your kills no matter what class / vehicle you use.

I will say, first day of launch and even in beta, Heavy tanks were the best possible solution to owning nubs, now? Everyone and their mother are taking up the assault class and throwing anti tank Grenades. It's still easy to get kills, but unless you're camping with it from afar, it's almost impossible to survive for a while in a heavy tank. You've got bombers and fighter planes zeroing in on you to infantry flooding your area with explosives.

Shits crazy.

Last edited:
Clueless?

Here's a fact for you- You probably didn't even realize that bombers and fighter planes were near non existent in the first World War. The majority of planes used were for reconnaissance at best. Grenades chucked off the side, non fixed rifles and machine guns firing aimlessly too.

This guy. Thanks for the laugh.

If BF1 went for realistic weaponry, you'd be utmost furious at how planes worked back then. So, feel a bit fortunate that we've got much exaggerated bombers and attack planes to fly in.

My original point is that in Battlefield 4 and even 3, aerial combat was king. This is no longer the case. In which it shouldn't be.

Only person laughing around here is me, im from the UK, i know all about WW1, most of it learned in school over 20 years ago, but thanks for the sad attempt at a history lesson.

Only person laughing around here is me, im from the UK, i know all about WW1, most of it learned in school over 20 years ago, but thanks for the sad attempt at a history lesson.
Capture those flak gun controlled objectives. And you'll be fine mate.

the fighter planes simply don't do enough damage from their main guns quick enough to change the outcome.
This is the one thing I agree with. In that GIF video above, the tailgunner got 5 seconds of fire from a single machine gun (which in of itself is pretty pathetic). Assuming the enemy pilot was at 100%, the dual machine guns on the front should have outshot the single rear gun and at the very least killed that tailgunner if it didn't destroy the bomber. Maybe the fighter plane could use a very slight buff. I do mean slight. We can't have the fighter plane's overpowered and not allowing bombers to help support ground troops against tanks. I'm talking 4 seconds of sustained fire from a fighter disables a bomber, 5 seconds of sustained fire from a tailgunner disables a fighter.

Eshelmen , Chris_B come on guys. I don't want this thread closed over petty bullshit.

Last edited:
I just want you guys to know I know the MOST about WWI, my dick is bigger and I also piss further than everyone else.

In other news, still dealing with the crashing issues, my current "solution" is: Kill Geforce Experience, set gfx card to max out at 90% of power conumption through Afterburner, and run with with a memory cleaner app going. I've found that my game will crash more often when I'm going through menu options / squads / etc, sometimes with nothing going on at all... I don't know if any of these things is actually fixing the issue or stopping it from happening, but i've gone two sessions now with no crashes (~5hr total). I would definitely suggest the memory cleaner though, it SEEMS to alleviate stutter that I was getting which is either the page file getting overused or a memory leak or something, i have no idea... i'm pretty sure its not a placebo. As far as the official response, the main thread about it still has no good response:
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...till-no-fix-new-info-in-op-1-11-16-20-22-cest

FancySquirrel wrote:
Hi all,

We are still investigating these issues and we will update you once we have more info.

what are you guys using to fly? apparently joysticks dont work in bf1.

theres two issues i have with this game, i cant use my joystick. and all the conquest servers are 64 man. 64 players on some of the smaller maps like argonne forest its terrible. if you can find a server with around 32 ppl its way better gameplay and team work.

Well you must be pretty bad at rear gunning the attack plane, i've lost track of the amount of times ive seen a fighter or indeed another attack plane get totally obliterated by the rear gun on the attack plane. Half the time the plane just has 1 person doing the usual seat switching routine and it makes no difference to the outcome, the fighter planes simply don't do enough damage from their main guns quick enough to change the outcome.
Correct. I rarely leave the ground playing any Bf game. Gets too boring up there IMHO.

I love this game. Possibly GOTY for me but I do share some of the same gripes on weapons, which improved from the Beta but is still unbalanced.

I like to play the Medic class because when playing Support, anything closer than mid-range combat you're out gunned.
So I roll with the Medic Selbstlader m1916 a lot. Great sounding gun with good power and accuracy, even from the hip. But it only deals 38 damage points to the body.

How can a marksman rifle only deal 38 points? So it takes three shots to down someone with this heavy recoil weapon. If you land two shots, the player still has time to waste you or run away.
But Snipers can one shot. Assaults can one shot with shotguns or mow you down with a MP18 even at a distance.

With a head shot from the Selbstlader m1916, it only deals 72 damage points.
Fighting against Snipers or Assault classes is a luck of the draw or you catch them not looking.

A marksman rifle should deal 80 damage points to the body and a headshot should be an insta-kill.
Also, we aren't awarded with a kill assists after two hits because you have to deal more than 80 points of damage. WTF man. So many of my "assist count as kill" go uncredited.

Until they fix that, the Medic and Support class aren't good for no more than Suppression spam. I have good rounds at times, but I'm very inconsistent due to the underpowered guns.
I'm trying not to join the Assault and Sniper spam, but it's getting close.

I love this game. Possibly GOTY for me but I do share some of the same gripes on weapons, which improved from the Beta but is still unbalanced.

I like to play the Medic class because when playing Support, anything closer than mid-range combat you're out gunned.
So I roll with the Medic Selbstlader m1916 a lot. Great sounding gun with good power and accuracy, even from the hip. But it only deals 38 damage points to the body.

How can a marksman rifle only deal 38 points? So it takes three shots to down someone with this heavy recoil weapon. If you land two shots, the player still has time to waste you or run away.
But Snipers can one shot. Assaults can one shot with shotguns or mow you down with a MP18 even at a distance.

With a head shot from the Selbstlader m1916, it only deals 72 damage points.
Fighting against Snipers or Assault classes is a luck of the draw or you catch them not looking.

A marksman rifle should deal 80 damage points to the body and a headshot should be an insta-kill.
Also, we aren't awarded with a kill assists after two hits because you have to deal more than 80 points of damage. WTF man. So many of my "assist count as kill" go uncredited.

Until they fix that, the Medic and Support class aren't good for no more than Suppression spam. I have good rounds at times, but I'm very inconsistent due to the underpowered guns.
I'm trying not to join the Assault and Sniper spam, but it's getting close.
I think the medic is one of the best classes, I rock either the m1907 SL Sweeper or Mondragon storm and they are awesome.

This is the one thing I agree with. In that GIF video above, the tailgunner got 5 seconds of fire from a single machine gun (which in of itself is pretty pathetic). Assuming the enemy pilot was at 100%, the dual machine guns on the front should have outshot the single rear gun and at the very least killed that tailgunner if it didn't destroy the bomber. Maybe the fighter plane could use a very slight buff. I do mean slight. We can't have the fighter plane's overpowered and not allowing bombers to help support ground troops against tanks. I'm talking 4 seconds of sustained fire from a fighter disables a bomber, 5 seconds of sustained fire from a tailgunner disables a fighter.

Eshelmen , Chris_B come on guys. I don't want this thread closed over petty bullshit.

I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't a balancing mechanic. By having the rear gunner do more damage, people will stick around more. It also makes it so that a plane flying with two people is more powerful than a plane flying with one, which is how it should be from a gameplay (teamwork) perspective.

I saw a funny video yesterday of a guy who spawned in the gunner seat right as the plane crashed upside down. The plane survived and a few enemy were right there, so he mowed them down while inverted.

what are you guys using to fly? apparently joysticks dont work in bf1.

theres two issues i have with this game, i cant use my joystick. and all the conquest servers are 64 man. 64 players on some of the smaller maps like argonne forest its terrible. if you can find a server with around 32 ppl its way better gameplay and team work.
Make any joystick emulate an Xbox 360 controller, which this game does support.
http://www.x360ce.com/

Bf2 air combat was at its best

Best gun in this game for each class? I prefer the spray and pray kinds.

Optical weapons for Medic are so so so OP and yes they are the only weapons I use. Semi auto. Big cartridges. Accurate. Scope. What more could you possibly want? It's like being a medium ranged sniper that can heal and revive.

Optical weapons for Medic are so so so OP and yes they are the only weapons I use. Semi auto. Big cartridges. Accurate. Scope. What more could you possibly want? It's like being a medium ranged sniper that can heal and revive.
Yes... Whats the name of that damn gun???

Now if we could only get more people to actually play the damned class then we'd really have something. (Not directed at you but in a lot of games I've been in)

Now if we could only get more people to actually play the damned class then we'd really have something. (Not directed at you but in a lot of games I've been in)
No, I feel you. But it goes both ways. As a medic I am always on top of my revive game, I mean, it's free points. At least half of medics won't revive, and at least half of players will auto revive even if I'm 2m away which is the most annoying bullshit ever.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
No, I feel you. But it goes both ways. As a medic I am always on top of my revive game, I mean, it's free points. At least half of medics won't revive, and at least half of players will auto revive even if I'm 2m away which is the most annoying bullshit ever.

Same thing.

To go to a point made a page or two ago: I can admit it. I suck. If I get 4-5 kills a game that's pretty good for me. But what I do try and do is spam spotting (another thing a lot of people still don't do), toss medical or support packs, and revive unless I literally can't get to the person. Sometimes it's "kamikaze medic" time. It's something at least. ;)

Same thing.

To go to a point made a page or two ago: I can admit it. I suck. If I get 4-5 kills a game that's pretty good for me. But what I do try and do is spam spotting (another thing a lot of people still don't do), toss medical or support packs, and revive unless I literally can't get to the person. Sometimes it's "kamikaze medic" time. It's something at least. ;)
I was pretty shit for the first 10-15 hours until I started to get the hang of every map and the guns for medic. I limit myself to only playing rush and domination, the maps are smaller, and I know pretty much every nook and cranny at this point. Plus I've gotten good with the optical medic weapon and I went from negative KD ratio to near top of the scoreboard most of the time, regardless of whether or not we win or lose. I only truly get killed by assault classes when they run up on me, sometimes support machine guns too, but it's 9 times out of 10 when I'm too close to zoom in and have to rely on on hipfire, which is WAY more reliable if you are an assault class.

like this

I auto-revive when a medic is only 2m away....because I get tired of the 90 medics on my team never doing revives. Just self healing and running by everyone that is dead on our team...

like this
I auto-revive when a medic is only 2m away....because I get tired of the 90 medics on my team never doing revives. Just self healing and running by everyone that is dead on our team...

What we're really getting at, that's a larger issue, is the lack of teamplay and cohesion that happens in a lot of these games. Sometimes it's better than others and I know some of you try to play it right and be a good team mate but damn it I've been in some games where it's just friggin' pathetic. Zero teamwork of any kind. I really wonder if some people understand what kind of game they are playing.

Welcome to Battlefield.

You're lucky you even see people healing themselves. I don't know why people don't hurl these things out constantly. It's so useful and you get _sooo many_ points for free.

like this
One does not simply put this info without name of the gun. :mad:

like this
Now if we could only get more people to actually play the damned class then we'd really have something.
If you want ppl to play medic, give the class automatic weapons. Simple. I'm guessing the population drop in players playing medic is simply because they prefer automatic weapons. A lot of ppl who played medic in the previous games have migrated over to assault/support because they don't like single shot weapons. And no, the semi-automatics don't satisfy them.

like this
If you want ppl to play medic, give the class automatic weapons. Simple. I'm guessing the population drop in players playing medic is simply because they prefer automatic weapons. A lot of ppl who played medic in the previous games have migrated over to assault/support because they don't like single shot weapons. And no, the semi-automatics don't satisfy them.
there is, the ml sweeper is an automatic weapon and it works very well in close-medium range

like this
there is, the ml sweeper is an automatic weapon and it works very well in close-medium range
Yeah I agree with this, if I was more run and gun I would use the Sweeper but I still think if you want to play that way Assault is the better option.

Now, as much fan as I've been having with this game, I gotta ask -- any of you guys getting CoD tomorrow? Speficially, for MW:Remastered?

One kill headshot with that? Nope. It takes three body shots, and at a distance a sniper has already moved their location.
Yeah, the only two classes that can kill with a single shot to the head are the Assault and Sniper classes.

As for the ml sweeper....the MP18, Automatico and shotguns will still dominate you.

Reactions: p3sty
like this
Back