• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BATTLEFIELD 1

For me, the grind isn't worth it. I mean, there's nothing to unlock for my gun, just more useless guns, if I stick my head up, it gets shot off... I mean, I play some TDM after Operations, so I can only blame myself for failures lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I think this game has potential to replace the urge to COD. The Domination mode is pretty decent imo and plays just like COD without the wall run and jet packs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.
 
After playing for about 6 hours I am not too thrilled with the game. This is suppose to be Battlefield where you can fly planes and drive tanks. I have yet to do either. I don't even have a chance, the vehicles are just not around. Its basically infantry war with a 2 percent chance you can get into a tank or plane. Well in my case its 0 percent.
 
Had to happen sooner or later
W5AvMO4.jpg


In previous BF games conquest mode you needed a majority of flags to accrue points, meaning a lower scoring team had a chance at a comeback with some strategy, which used to lead to epic and memorable games. In BF1 you get points for every flag, making "comebacks" way less likely as it used to be in previous games. In this game you can pretty much accurately guess 95% of the time which team will win 10 mins into the game.

Seems a lot of oldschool players are complaining heavily about it, though I'm not sure how much of a big deal it truly is, as a casual player the score system seems ok-ish for now.
 
And the other half if DICE actually designed maps with cover, instead of massive wide open areas with no cover which only encourage hiding in a bush/ledge somewhere - and punishes those who want to play the objectives.
That's not a netcode problem, it's a conscious design decision by DICE to have wobbly/inaccurate recoil on any automatic weapons. It sucks for anyone coming from another FPS game, they probably did it to lower the skill ceiling so that low skill players have a chance against those who can actually aim.

Wow, so maybe I'm not as pitiful as I thought. Thanks! :D
 
My enthusiasm for BF1 has started to wane already. The game doesn't have much depth and the games play the same over and over. Since I have a high skill number, it always puts me on the horrible team. Not sure how much this is the server player skill placement or the game, but some of my gripes and observations:

1. If I get in an airplane, I guarantee you all three enemy flak guns are manned and will shoot me down in three seconds.
2. If I am in a tank, I guarantee you the entire enemy air force is flying around unhindered dropping mini-WWI nuclear bombs on my tank.


1 and 2 cannot coexist together
3. My lower skill team will invariable be made up of 50% scout's or above, virtually all of them doing nothing productive to win the match.

I'd say 10% of them are useful
4. In a tank, my "team" will shoot out of the tank at everything en-route with no enemy nearby. Once enemy surround the tank, the "team" is so blind they hit nothing. I can count the number of times I've been repaired from my "team" on one hand.

Honestly its hard to see shit out of the side turret of tanks most of the time, plus they have very limited shooting angles up/down. I can fire through the front of the tank in a rear seat, but can't shoot something on a high ledge in front of me. The driver gets a chase cam when the passengers don't
5. The net-code is about the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. I'll get two shot killed by a pistol from a guy 50 meters away and pump 15 SMG rounds in a guys face at 2 meters and he doesn't die.

I found with smg's that you need to not zoom/iron sight with them. Just point and shoot and you'll wreck shit.
6. In a ground vehicle, if you hit a little rock on the ground it can flip your vehicle over, even tanks. AKA, vehicles act like they are hovercraft on land.

Not so much tanks but everything else I agree. Driving the trucks and the motorcycles is goofy/floaty as hell.
7. You can shoot a tank round or throw a grenade three inches from the enemy, but if there is a pebble between the two it does zero damage. This also goes for the indestructible "footings" of buildings blocking all damage.

Somewhat a balance thing, there are many maps where after the buildings are dropped there is almost zero cover left to approach a tank to take it out. AT rockets and K bullets take 2-3 people coordinating to take out a tank from a distance, if they aren't being killed in the process.
8. Game has way too many gimmicks to allow noobs to get kills. Every new Battlefield game seems to lower the skill cap further and further. Perfect example is the Dreadnaught. Give the losing teams and some noobs "one click I win buttons".

I've found the dreadnaughts are a noob trap. Fewer and fewer games I see the losing team gaining back a lead with it. Still a free-kill 4 noobs thing for sure though.
9. If I am capping a point with a tank and have ten teammates around me. With utter certainty, they will all hide inside the building, do nothing and not kill a single enemy attacking the tank.
10. Team will without a doubt keep spawning at the most contested point on the map and pay zero attention to the other points or flanking other points which can easily be taken throughout the map.
11. If I am rushing into to take a contested point, the four teammates behind me will stop just outside the capture zone and take pot shots at the enemy, doing nothing, while I die 5v1.


9-11 lol bad teams but yeah I see it often
12. Spawning as a horseman with no horse, always a bonus!

if you choose a cavalry slot while still on timer it'll often be taken by someone with no timer but won't bump you from spawning as a cavalry like it does with tanks/planes
13. Using an anti-aircraft gun for the first few seconds that doesn't even point in the direction you are.

very annoying, true
14. Too few maps for a basic/launch version.

as is tradition
15. A stupid "low FPS" icon that constantly goes off on the right side of the screen even though FPS=Hz.

Yeah i was wondering what those icons were. I get two of them, not sure what the other is
16. Assault class having only one "real" weapon.

Two. Shotguns and autos
17. Atrocious friends/server menu. Battlelog was a million times better.

Fuck battlelog
18. Every class basically having the same weapon load-out and tactics. Very shallow, almost feels like I am playing Team Fortress 2.

I'd disagree with completely same, but the variations are limited.
19. Tank battles being basically who shoots first wins since they move and turn like sloths. Tank battles in BF3 were a thousand times better.

Depends on the map, you can have some ranged matches in the desert that are more epic, but most others you're right
20. Horses killing you with a sword from 20 feet away with their magic fantastic man rubber arms.

I feel like they made them like that as otherwise they'd be terrible and unfun to play

Just a few off the top of my head!
 
Your complaints are basically about how little you guys understand the basics of the game. The entire point of the game, for the past 13-14 years, has been to capture flags and hold territory. If that lacks depth, go back to RPG's, or try COD and see what it really means to lack depth.

Considering half the deaths in a round are from the MP18 machine gun, and another 25% are from the trench shotgun, most people can shut up.

Try out the medic class, where you:

-Get a selection of awful rifles with worse accuracy than sub-machine guns
-Players constantly skip a revive even though you put yourself at risk trying to reach them
-Players don't even need medic packs because they auto-heal

More issues:
-The kits with automatic weapons win 90% of the time because they strafe rapidly left-and-right, which makes aforementioned rifles impossible to use against them.
--The revolver is a better gun than any of the medic rifles.
---Automatic weapons in WW1 were very rare, but in the game they are in the majority because they are so powerful, which completely screws any sense of immersion.
-The maps are pathetically tiny.
-The vehicles are way over powered (a friend loaded an artillery truck up with Dynamite and it didn't even hurt the vehicle. You can go 60-0 in a round just by driving a self-healing tank).
 
Last edited:
Something that merits a repeat just because this is the one area I've actually tried and done decently at: More people, in general, need to actually try some damned team work and actually play the classes they are in. (Probably doesn't apply to most of you here)

Spam the spot button and for the love of God, if you're a medic... try actually BEING a medic?

I've been in games where you had 4-5 medics and if I'm the only medic actually doing something you're in piss poor shape as a team, believe me. I've deliberately sat there and not re-deployed and watched other medics hold at 7m or less... and nothing ever happens. Why bother?

You can't patch that.
 
I think what a lot of you guys are forgetting is that this is WW1. Not 2 or modern era.

Automatic guns not super accurate? It is 1918. I highly doubt they were very accurate back then.

I like the game a lot as long as I remind myself of the game's setting.
 
I like bf1. I wonder what hardcore mode will bring. Atm it's frustrating to play close quarters with scout wish they had c4 in scout class.

I love gas grenade/flare gun + pistol for close quarters, with the occasional snipe for medium distance.

I think the flow of the game and the maps are better than bf4. The maps seem larger than bf4 maps.

I have a lot more fun with my core group playing, I havnt played alone much.
 
My enthusiasm for BF1 has started to wane already. The game doesn't have much depth and the games play the same over and over. Since I have a high skill number, it always puts me on the horrible team. Not sure how much this is the server player skill placement or the game, but some of my gripes and observations:

1. If I get in an airplane, I guarantee you all three enemy flak guns are manned and will shoot me down in three seconds.
2. If I am in a tank, I guarantee you the entire enemy air force is flying around unhindered dropping mini-WWI nuclear bombs on my tank.
3. My lower skill team will invariable be made up of 50% scout's or above, virtually all of them doing nothing productive to win the match.
4. In a tank, my "team" will shoot out of the tank at everything en-route with no enemy nearby. Once enemy surround the tank, the "team" is so blind they hit nothing. I can count the number of times I've been repaired from my "team" on one hand.
5. The net-code is about the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. I'll get two shot killed by a pistol from a guy 50 meters away and pump 15 SMG rounds in a guys face at 2 meters and he doesn't die.
6. In a ground vehicle, if you hit a little rock on the ground it can flip your vehicle over, even tanks. AKA, vehicles act like they are hovercraft on land.
7. You can shoot a tank round or throw a grenade three inches from the enemy, but if there is a pebble between the two it does zero damage. This also goes for the indestructible "footings" of buildings blocking all damage.
8. Game has way too many gimmicks to allow noobs to get kills. Every new Battlefield game seems to lower the skill cap further and further. Perfect example is the Dreadnaught. Give the losing teams and some noobs "one click I win buttons".
9. If I am capping a point with a tank and have ten teammates around me. With utter certainty, they will all hide inside the building, do nothing and not kill a single enemy attacking the tank.
10. Team will without a doubt keep spawning at the most contested point on the map and pay zero attention to the other points or flanking other points which can easily be taken throughout the map.
11. If I am rushing into to take a contested point, the four teammates behind me will stop just outside the capture zone and take pot shots at the enemy, doing nothing, while I die 5v1.
12. Spawning as a horseman with no horse, always a bonus!
13. Using an anti-aircraft gun for the first few seconds that doesn't even point in the direction you are.
14. Too few maps for a basic/launch version.
15. A stupid "low FPS" icon that constantly goes off on the right side of the screen even though FPS=Hz.
16. Assault class having only one "real" weapon.
17. Atrocious friends/server menu. Battlelog was a million times better.
18. Every class basically having the same weapon load-out and tactics. Very shallow, almost feels like I am playing Team Fortress 2.
19. Tank battles being basically who shoots first wins since they move and turn like sloths. Tank battles in BF3 were a thousand times better.
20. Horses killing you with a sword from 20 feet away with their magic fantastic man rubber arms.

Just a few off the top of my head!

I get most of your complaints because I've seen almost all of them, but man I'm having a completely different overall experience with this game. The last few nights I've been in good squads with good teamwork and the rounds have been close knock-down brawls that came down to the wire. I'm having an absolutely blast with this game. My only complaint is the lack of 'things' to unlock. I've always enjoyed the grind to unlock weapons and attachments. Not everyone likes that though so I get why they simplified it this go around.
 
Hey...... dont talk about my medic class.

Last night i racked up 15k points playing my role. Also went 22-10 to boot. All in one round. on a new map i havent played before. Yes must of the complaint i have read is when you drop in as a random and not playing with a team. Which is why i only squad up with my buddies and my son when he decides to play. When i jump in solo, i accept the fact that i will get support from my teammates as a luxury. But im still going to rack up my points.
This weekend was the first weekend i actually sat down and played the game. Wow! Cant remember the name of the map, but it was a jungle map. A cross between hardlines nightwoods, and imperial station on battlefront. Graphics and explosion were spot on. Its battlefield, so i know what to expect. Team play is important. My only gripe is the centurions. Whatever the fuck you wanna call them. These are basically the heros or villains like battlefront. I didnt mind them until they get you in close quarters then they own you. IMHO they need to be toned down. Lower mobility or something. The only way i was able to kill one of them was he came outside, and i took his dogtag from behind.
 
It's not Edgy or new like the last two games still fun though WWI wasn't very cutting edge.
 
game is definitely getting tired. i like how squads go and capture shit that will never be held - they just go and cap a flag and move on irregardless as soon as they leave the enemy grabs it. people are so stupid they don't realize hold 3/5 flags and let the enemy throw themselves against you. sadly i think i am done with conquest. not too impressed with operations as it isn't too refreshing. they should have and could have had servers dedicated to a semi-persistent mode (games lasting days where you drop in and drop out). i remember back in bf1942 days there was a community for the reality mod that would have literal wars where you were assigned to a team and it would last days with admins tracking and recording progress - that was cool (13-14 years later i can't understand why nobody has done something semi-persistent). perhaps it has to do with the attention span of people these days or the lame 'achievement' grinding (another great console gift to pc gaming along with dlc). i suppose now i'll just be playing some tdm and operations from time to time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoFGR
like this
...
-The vehicles are way over powered (a friend loaded an artillery truck up with Dynamite and it didn't even hurt the vehicle. You can go 60-0 in a round just by driving a self-healing tank).

Something is badly wrong with the armor of the artillery truck. I was shooting at one for minutes at a time with a heavy tank and the damn thing would not die. There was no one repairing it. It was just self healing. It could also run circles around my slow and lumbering heavy tank. With that much armor, it should be even slower! If 3 dynamite can't kill it, then I'm convinced it's invincible.
 
So what time are hardcore servers launching tomorrow ? Anyone have any news on this?
 
New Update on Server Rentals and no ETA yet on when in November.

UPDATE 3:

Will there be RCON or PROCON tools?
  • We are commited to developing in-game support for the most popular plugins used with previous Battlefield titles to ensure that admins have similar levels of customization. However, the new RSP servers will not support 3rd party tools like RCON or ProCON. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.
Why are the prices different for PC and console?
  • PC servers will be running at 60Hz, with console servers running at 30Hz. Pricing has been adjusted accordingly. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.
Are the prices for servers affected by slot-size?
  • Server rental prices are not set by slot-size, but the slot-size will vary depending on the mode chosen in the rotation. Please stay tuned to the Battlefield channels for more updates.


More details to come.

The Teams at EA/DICE
 
Dice need to have a look at reducing some damage in some areas, flak and the rear gun on the attack plane are fucking ludicrous. That rear gun on the attack plane basically shreds a fighter plane in seconds rendering it practically worthless, plus the age old seat switcharoo bullshit means that they don't even need a rear gunner. Flak on the maps is totally OTT, numerous maps have 5 or 6 flak cannons and that's not even factoring in artillery trucks with the AA loadout. Basically means that large swathes of maps are no fly zones as the range it has is stupid, only takes them to get about 2 hits on a fighter plane for it to be practically uncontrollable.
 
Last edited:
My enthusiasm for BF1 has started to wane already. The game doesn't have much depth and the games play the same over and over. Since I have a high skill number, it always puts me on the horrible team. Not sure how much this is the server player skill placement or the game, but some of my gripes and observations:

1. If I get in an airplane, I guarantee you all three enemy flak guns are manned and will shoot me down in three seconds.
2. If I am in a tank, I guarantee you the entire enemy air force is flying around unhindered dropping mini-WWI nuclear bombs on my tank.
3. My lower skill team will invariable be made up of 50% scout's or above, virtually all of them doing nothing productive to win the match.
4. In a tank, my "team" will shoot out of the tank at everything en-route with no enemy nearby. Once enemy surround the tank, the "team" is so blind they hit nothing. I can count the number of times I've been repaired from my "team" on one hand.
5. The net-code is about the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. I'll get two shot killed by a pistol from a guy 50 meters away and pump 15 SMG rounds in a guys face at 2 meters and he doesn't die.
6. In a ground vehicle, if you hit a little rock on the ground it can flip your vehicle over, even tanks. AKA, vehicles act like they are hovercraft on land.
7. You can shoot a tank round or throw a grenade three inches from the enemy, but if there is a pebble between the two it does zero damage. This also goes for the indestructible "footings" of buildings blocking all damage.
8. Game has way too many gimmicks to allow noobs to get kills. Every new Battlefield game seems to lower the skill cap further and further. Perfect example is the Dreadnaught. Give the losing teams and some noobs "one click I win buttons".
9. If I am capping a point with a tank and have ten teammates around me. With utter certainty, they will all hide inside the building, do nothing and not kill a single enemy attacking the tank.
10. Team will without a doubt keep spawning at the most contested point on the map and pay zero attention to the other points or flanking other points which can easily be taken throughout the map.
11. If I am rushing into to take a contested point, the four teammates behind me will stop just outside the capture zone and take pot shots at the enemy, doing nothing, while I die 5v1.
12. Spawning as a horseman with no horse, always a bonus!
13. Using an anti-aircraft gun for the first few seconds that doesn't even point in the direction you are.
14. Too few maps for a basic/launch version.
15. A stupid "low FPS" icon that constantly goes off on the right side of the screen even though FPS=Hz.
16. Assault class having only one "real" weapon.
17. Atrocious friends/server menu. Battlelog was a million times better.
18. Every class basically having the same weapon load-out and tactics. Very shallow, almost feels like I am playing Team Fortress 2.
19. Tank battles being basically who shoots first wins since they move and turn like sloths. Tank battles in BF3 were a thousand times better.
20. Horses killing you with a sword from 20 feet away with their magic fantastic man rubber arms.

Just a few off the top of my head!

You know I actually read every single one of these gripes.....and Every single one of them I bitched about myself laugh. Specially #1 #17 #20.

The one thing that bothers me is still NO custom maps no Hardcore mode....And the netcode.....wtf?

I mean I like BF1 i love playing it, but some of this shit is just ugh.
 
Dice need to have a look at reducing some damage in some areas, flak and the rear gun on the attack plane are fucking ludicrous. That rear gun on the attack plane basically shreds a fighter plane in seconds rendering it practically worthless, plus the age old seat switcharoo bullshit means that they don't even need a rear gunner. Flak on the maps is totally OTT, numerous maps have 5 or 6 flak cannons and that's not even factoring in artillery trucks with the AA loadout. Basically means that large swathes of maps are no fly zones as the range it has is stupid, only takes them to get about 2 hits on a fighter plane for it to be practically uncontrollable.

Yeah, let's make it so planes can rule the server entirely. No.

Flak guns are incredibly OP, but so is dropping a bomb straight on my location.

So are Heavy Tanks.
So are the MP18s up close.
So are Snipers at a distance.
And so on and so on.

Want to avoid flak guns? Own the objectives that they're in. Period.

Spawning in a plane should never automatically mean free kills. That mentality is what I absolutely don't want in this game. All classes and vehicles have a pro and con. And those planes and bombers damn well better have a con too. Flak guns are your enemies, learn to adapt to them.


Flak guns are very weak in terms of armor. Players using the flak gun die very easily as well, as they are completely exposed.

As much as I've used both planes and the flak guns, I honestly still feel planes have a slight advantage.
 
Yep tired of it already. BF42 was a blast. I still play it. SO much more variety - way more vehicles, artillery, planes, jeeps. BF1 is fun - just a grudge match with some shitty stuff like getting killed with the sword through rocks or trees, 10 shots doing nothing, etc. I love the graphics but man another huge let down for what it could've been. AND last I checked - can't enable my joystick - not that there's much to fly anyway. I really was hoping this would be way better.
 
Replies in yellow.
My enthusiasm for BF1 has started to wane already. The game doesn't have much depth and the games play the same over and over. Since I have a high skill number, it always puts me on the horrible team. Not sure how much this is the server player skill placement or the game, but some of my gripes and observations:

1. If I get in an airplane, I guarantee you all three enemy flak guns are manned and will shoot me down in three seconds.
You're a decent player. Decent players piss off the scrubs until they rage and begin trolling you with the one thing that will inevitably take you out. If you were on a decent team they would at least be getting the objectives nearest your base so you wouldn't have to face all 3 guns. That being said, the flak guns do have limited range. Get altitude and use the mountain sides to your advantage.

Vega said:
2. If I am in a tank, I guarantee you the entire enemy air force is flying around unhindered dropping mini-WWI nuclear bombs on my tank.
I never seem to have this problem. Then again, I typically play the light tank. I see the bombers coming a mile away and can typically move far enough out of the bomb blast. I can only count the times on 1 hand that a bomber took my tank out in one pass.

Vega said:
3. My lower skill team will invariable be made up of 50% scout's or above, virtually all of them doing nothing productive to win the match.
Ya. Something about the team balancer isn't quite right. I've noticed this too. Some nights I get stuck on the shitty teams constantly. This also seems to affect #1,2.

Vega said:
4. In a tank, my "team" will shoot out of the tank at everything en-route with no enemy nearby. Once enemy surround the tank, the "team" is so blind they hit nothing. I can count the number of times I've been repaired from my "team" on one hand.
See #3.

Vega said:
5. The net-code is about the worst I've ever seen in an FPS. I'll get two shot killed by a pistol from a guy 50 meters away and pump 15 SMG rounds in a guys face at 2 meters and he doesn't die.
Just a slight exaggeration, but I get what you're saying. This is partially by design with gun balance, otherwise some weapons would be ridiculously OP. It also has to do with the ridiculous DDoS Attacks going on right now. EVERYONE IS LAGGING.

Vega said:
6. In a ground vehicle, if you hit a little rock on the ground it can flip your vehicle over, even tanks. AKA, vehicles act like they are hovercraft on land.
Haven't seen this one yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've had quite the opposite experience. Tanks feel heavy and seem to have infinite traction despite going insanely slow. This is in stark contrast to BF3/4 where the tanks would seem to slide on the slightest of inclines.

Vega said:
7. You can shoot a tank round or throw a grenade three inches from the enemy, but if there is a pebble between the two it does zero damage. This also goes for the indestructible "footings" of buildings blocking all damage.
I don't seem to have any problem getting kills with nades, I have experienced that "indestructible footings" you are talking about. One thing I've noticed is the regular grenades do the most damage against infantry, while the AT grenades do the least. The light AT grenades are somewhere in the middle.

Vega said:
8. Game has way too many gimmicks to allow noobs to get kills. Every new Battlefield game seems to lower the skill cap further and further. Perfect example is the Dreadnaught. Give the losing teams and some noobs "one click I win buttons".
This complaint is as old as the game series itself, and was even more true in BF3/4 with all the lock-on weapons.

Vega said:
9. If I am capping a point with a tank and have ten teammates around me. With utter certainty, they will all hide inside the building, do nothing and not kill a single enemy attacking the tank.
See #3.

Vega said:
10. Team will without a doubt keep spawning at the most contested point on the map and pay zero attention to the other points or flanking other points which can easily be taken throughout the map.
See #3.

Vega said:
11. If I am rushing into to take a contested point, the four teammates behind me will stop just outside the capture zone and take pot shots at the enemy, doing nothing, while I die 5v1.
See #3.

Vega said:
12. Spawning as a horseman with no horse, always a bonus!
This is a bug. It happens in tanks too. I've figured out what causes it. It's a model collision issue. If there is another vehicle on or near the exact spot where the vehicle spawns, it the vehicle will fail to spawn leaving you there instead without the vehicle. It's a bug that has resurfaced and is old as hell. I've seen it in every Frostbite engine FPS game so far since Bad Company 2. It usually gets fixed in a patch but for some stupid reason comes back in the next game. FFS DICE.

Vega said:
13. Using an anti-aircraft gun for the first few seconds that doesn't even point in the direction you are.
Another strange animation bug. IMHO, not that big of deal right now compared to all the other stuff.

Vega said:
14. Too few maps for a basic/launch version.
100% Agree.

Vega said:
15. A stupid "low FPS" icon that constantly goes off on the right side of the screen even though FPS=Hz.
I believe that's actually a dropped packets icon. Which explains part of the issue you are seeing in #5.

Vega said:
16. Assault class having only one "real" weapon.
This one needs further explanation by you. Do you mean "real" as in actually used or "real" as in effective? I find both statements a bit of a stretch. The only weapon the assault class can field that was never fielded in the war was the HellReigel 1915 which never made it past the prototype phase. It's probably the best weapon for the class with the Automatico a close 2nd.

Vega said:
17. Atrocious friends/server menu. Battlelog was a million times better.
100% Agree. I wasn't a fan of Battlelog, but it did some things really well. This in-game menu is a step back from both Battlelog AND server browsers of years past.

Vega said:
18. Every class basically having the same weapon load-out and tactics. Very shallow, almost feels like I am playing Team Fortress 2.
This one also needs further explanation. The classes actually have very little overlap. The most overlap is likely the Assault and Support Classes if any exists at all. Put a BAR, Limpet charge, and light AT grenade on a Support player and they come really close to being as effective as the assault class.

Vega said:
19. Tank battles being basically who shoots first wins since they move and turn like sloths. Tank battles in BF3 were a thousand times better.
I don't experience this either as I rarely see 2 landships go at it. It's usually a landship versus a light tank. A good FT driver can easily outpace a landship even though the landship's guns will make swiss cheese of him. The Flanker option on the light tank can use to pepper the landship the entire time he's driving around a big rock while simultaneously laying mines as a trap if the landship follows. Your experience may have something to do with #3. FWIW, the German A7V is vastly superior to the British Mark V right now even though it is a gigantic target to hit.

Vega said:
20. Horses killing you with a sword from 20 feet away with their magic fantastic man rubber arms.
I'm 100% certain this is related to #5 above. When I'm on the horse, I can't get kills this far away, so it's got to be lag related.


As someone else said, a lot of your issues could be solved if you had a clan or group of friends to join in on. There are some unbelievably stupid noobs in the game right now.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Ther flak cannons are basically: Can you kill that plane before your head is removed?

The answer is usually no :(
 
That rear gun on the attack plane basically shreds a fighter plane in seconds rendering it practically worthless.

Considering that the planes during WW1 were mostly canvas and wood, with more metal parts being used towards then end of the war, I am OK with this as it makes perfect sense.
 
Yeah, let's make it so planes can rule the server entirely. No.


Yeah because that's exactly what i said.:whistle:

Considering that the planes during WW1 were mostly canvas and wood, with more metal parts being used towards then end of the war, I am OK with this as it makes perfect sense.

Very aware of what they were made of, it still seems totally over the top that the rear gun can take them down so fast, unless you happen to be a deadshot with the fighter rockets that seems to randomly go where they want then its pointless going near an attack plane.
 
That must be one hell of a partner that flyer had. Because when i co-pilot with the rear gun, i was hitting planes behind me, and never registered a single kill. And i was putting a number of bullets in a plane at one point. Also its next to impossible to land consistent shots manning the rear gun..
 
That must be one hell of a partner that flyer had. Because when i co-pilot with the rear gun, i was hitting planes behind me, and never registered a single kill. And i was putting a number of bullets in a plane at one point. Also its next to impossible to land consistent shots manning the rear gun..

Well you must be pretty bad at rear gunning the attack plane, i've lost track of the amount of times ive seen a fighter or indeed another attack plane get totally obliterated by the rear gun on the attack plane. Half the time the plane just has 1 person doing the usual seat switching routine and it makes no difference to the outcome, the fighter planes simply don't do enough damage from their main guns quick enough to change the outcome.
 
Very aware of what they were made of, it still seems totally over the top that the rear gun can take them down so fast, unless you happen to be a deadshot with the fighter rockets that seems to randomly go where they want then its pointless going near an attack plane.
Learn your enemy. These kills aren't as easy to get as you think. It might take a good 5-10 seconds of continuous hits on your plane for them to take you out. The front gun on the bomber is a whole other story. Don't present them an easy target. The only advantage they have is that bullets aren't blocked from passing through pieces of the plane, but usually there is very little overlap where this can happen. Hopefully this is fixed.

Fly in the back seat of the bomber or attack plane. Do so for every bomber you can. You will learn the blind spots those guns have and what angles they can fire at. Watch what other attacking pilots do when they attack. One of the bombers has a split tail and you can actually see beneath the bomber, albeit extremely limited field of view. You learn these spots, I guarantee you will be the Red Baron. :D

From personal experience as a tailgunner: If the bomber is flying flat and level or in a shallow bank, any fighter directly behind is a sitting duck. If that bomber is doing any hard maneuvers of any sort, I can't hit shit.

Simply put, stop chasing the bombers from directly behind even though it's the easiest attack vector. Attack them from the side, directly above, or from below. The best pilots I've seen use quick attacks to harass the bombers slightly forcing them to maneuver. The bomber pilots fall for the bait and begin to pull a hard banking maneuver leaving their top exposed giving a massive target to hit and at such an angle the tail gunner can't fire back.

Alternatively, follow a bomber from up high or below until they get to the edge of the map. Many of the bomber pilots use that area to do repairs, end up going right to the edge of the map and are then forced to bank hard to avoid going out of bounds. Use that moment to pounce. :D

I've seen some other pretty cool tactics used against bombers. The attack plane has a cannon on it. I've seen one of my clan mates fly his attack plane directly above the bomber with maybe 50 feet between the 2. He then cut his throttle and dove straight down and got a point blank cannon shot. As a tail gunner I could see what he was doing, but couldn't get the angle on him to shoot. I maybe got 2 or 3 bullets in him before we exploded.


Brilliant tactic on the pilot's part. Inverting the plane to make the enemy prepare for a maneuver. A simple maneuver, amazing the enemy fell for it. That being said, too bad they can't prevent that, as it is literally impossible to do that in reality. However, it's a Battlefield game, where there is just enough questionable physics to come up with stunts as crazy as the Rendezook. :D

The enemy pilot is a complete noob. The second he started receiving damage he should have veered away. He could have peeled off then cut right back from a side angle and initiated a scissors attack. If he had done that, he might have caught that pilot mid transition from gunner seat to pilot seat.

Flats.png



Instead he gave that gunner a full 5 seconds (count em. 5 seconds!) of a stationary target right in the sweet spot.
 
Last edited:
Ah the ramblings of a clueless scrub, how amusing :)

Clueless?

Here's a fact for you- You probably didn't even realize that bombers and fighter planes were near non existent in the first World War. The majority of planes used were for reconnaissance at best. Grenades chucked off the side, non fixed rifles and machine guns firing aimlessly too.

This guy. Thanks for the laugh.

If BF1 went for realistic weaponry, you'd be utmost furious at how planes worked back then. So, feel a bit fortunate that we've got much exaggerated bombers and attack planes to fly in.

My original point is that in Battlefield 4 and even 3, aerial combat was king. This is no longer the case. In which it shouldn't be.
You've gotta earn your kills no matter what class / vehicle you use.


I will say, first day of launch and even in beta, Heavy tanks were the best possible solution to owning nubs, now? Everyone and their mother are taking up the assault class and throwing anti tank Grenades. It's still easy to get kills, but unless you're camping with it from afar, it's almost impossible to survive for a while in a heavy tank. You've got bombers and fighter planes zeroing in on you to infantry flooding your area with explosives.

Shits crazy.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top