BATTLEFIELD 1

0ADCBB37-676F-421B-A130-7C66121CEBED.jpg

0ADCBB37-676F-421B-A130-7C66121CEBED.jpg

Playing my last hour of the Origin Access period. Going to nerd-out tonight and stay up late drinking beer and playing.
what monitor is that? go seahawks

Omfg. Got 1 hour of play, then internet service is cut off. Currently posting from phone.

Called Time Warner Cable, the automated system immediately says "scheduled maintenance, ETA 4-6 hours". Where was that scheduled maintenance when my service shutoff the other 20 times this summer?

Fuck you TWC. Fuck you very much. Last day of my vacation and I had everything setup for an all nighter. I'm so glad I'm finally getting Google Fiber installed in 3 months.

Par for the course, I guess. If it wasn't TWC, then it would have been EA/Origin. *sigh* Oh well. Good thing I planned ahead with a bottle of bourbon. :D That way my night isn't entirely wasted.

BF1 is incredible! I have not been this smitten with a battlefield since 1942 waaaaaay back in 2002!

Reactions: DPI
like this
Damn, now you guys are getting my all riled up. I just preordered it from CD keys. Not gonna pay for the Origin access deal, so I'll just wait 2 more days. Should be kickass!

Damn, now you guys are getting my all riled up. I just preordered it from CD keys. Not gonna pay for the Origin access deal, so I'll just wait 2 more days. Should be kickass!

Same. I played my 10 hour Origin Access trial but $71 for the Deluxe (with the 10% Origin Access discount) was still too steep for my liking. I just ordered my Pascal Titan yesterday too so every dollar counts right now lol.

Operations mode is effing sweet. I think it's my new favorite to the series.

Running solid at 60 frames. No hiccups at all.

like this
I guess there were multiple rumors today of Hardcore mode coming back, though no details, a new mode, called Fog of War with no details, and battlelog returning with the companion app. The companion app details are on the homepage, but mention mobile for battlelog so no word on whether it will be an option to launch the game like previous releases.

Your player record is kept online so it does matter since it depends on how many people hit the login servers or how often the player stats call home. This was one of the issues at launch with BF4. People would play complete matches and the main server wouldn't record their progress. Until the game actually launches on the 21st, it is too soon to say it is a smooth launch is merely my point.

There are reports of Direct X crashes with some AMD cards though on the latest update of Windows 10. It may just be the newest driver though.

Who gives a shit about stats, lol.

and #amd

I cannot play until I get home from work. Can anyone say does BF1 have a hardcore mode? If so, what are some characteristics?

Also, does support or medic get the repair tool? Finding conflicting information online.

I cannot play until I get home from work. Can anyone say does BF1 have a hardcore mode? If so, what are some characteristics?

Also, does support or medic get the repair tool? Finding conflicting information online.
Only repair tools are if you spawn in the tank if im correct.

Seems like the old netcode issues are back. Getting killed waaaay behind cover etc. Bad lag. Might be just something server side but I am hearing it from a couple of people in different states, even Canada. Issue is, if ONLY EA rents servers.......yeah.

Crap like this:

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Those of you PC gamers that like to play from the couch with a controller from time to time should know that aim assist is in this game.

Seems like the old netcode issues are back. Getting killed waaaay behind cover etc. Bad lag. Might be just something server side but I am hearing it from a couple of people in different states, even Canada. Issue is, if ONLY EA rents servers.......yeah.

Ugh, I hated that so much in BF3 and BF4. Running completely safe behind a corner then bam instantly dead. Drove me nuts.

Crap like this:

If the lag is that bad for early enlistment just think of what it's going to be like Friday, lol...fuck.

Crap like this:

How do we know it's not his internet?

It is not just him. Friends of mine from Texas to Canada have experienced this issue. Wait and see I suppose. I am waiting at least a month to buy this game though.

There is no hardcore mode right now. When they launch the rentable servers, there are a few settings they will allow to tweak that bring it very close to hardcore mode. Rentable servers won't launch until 11/1.

The support class gets the repair tool as one of its gadgets. However, you won't see many people equip it since it's better for them to equip a mortar or Limpet charge (games C4 equivalent but has a timer). The tank drivers and aircraft pilots are also equipped with a repair tool so they can repair both inside and outside the vehicle.

Repairing outside the vehicle is much faster than repairing inside. However, sometimes you don't have a choice due to snipers or the occasional enemy flying around a corner to steal your tank.

It is not just him. Friends of mine from Texas to Canada have experienced this issue. Wait and see I suppose. I am waiting at least a month to buy this game though.
It could still be an internet issue. Level3 Communications, one of the Tier1 major internet backbone providers in North America, has been dealing with major outages and DDOS attacks for a couple weeks. The west coast isn't hit as hard as central and east.

Last edited:
like this
Yeah DDOS makes sense. I did not know it could be coast centric though. COUNT on some dumbasses DDOS attack the launch though. Do not expect to play this weekend. At least not Friday.

Crap like this:

Probably won't be fixed until it gets handed over to DICE LA as the core team moves on to the next title.

Sadly, it was noticed in the beta and before that a lot of bugs that have been fixed in prior releases have returned. DICE doesn't seem to merge branches or known fixes very often.

I'm guessing the time crunch from EA is severe enough that waiting for the post-launch support teams to roll in the fixes is worth it. Even if it means repeating it. There are bugs that were in BF3, fixed, reintroduced in BF4, fixed, and have been reintroduced in BF1.

Last edited:
I was just playing for the past couple of hours fine with no issue, it'll be later tonight when things start getting super busy.

I skipped BF4, haven't played since BF3 which I put a metric f-ton of hours into, and honestly I feel like I totally SUCK compared to how I used to play. Must be getting old, or Conquest maps just aren't for me. I always preferred a slower paced CS-esque style kinda thing personally. 64 man conquest maps are cool and all but I mostly just feel like cannon fodder and being a lone wolf sniper in Conquest is just a waste. I've been trying to run and gun with the infantry sniper rifles with no scopes which I think works better for teamplay and racking points from capping flags, but still, getting my ass handed to me plenty from assault and support guys who just spray like crazy.

What would be REALLY fun is playing with a friend and both going sniper, considering how many 75-80 damage shots you get from long distance so you could finish each others enemies off.

I've been enjoying campaign mode. Playing around, learning the weapons etc. Other than a few little glitchy spots, it's great.

What I've found:
Cut scenes will lag at first, then speed up to catch
Some textures that should have been lined up in areas that are highly visible are out of alignment
One of the campaign missions I started under a wagon, where I'm suppose to lure a guy by throwing a shell. However, I could not move out from under the wagon, and had to wait for someone to throw a grenade at me which blew up the wagon (Somehow I survived), which free'd me, and I carried on with the mission.

like this
Who gives a shit about stats, lol.

and #amd

It was more the fact you would also lose everything you unlocked forcing you to go through the steps necessary to unlock the guns again. In some cases you lost 24+ hours of playtime so you went from level 10+ back to level 1 as if you never played.

I don't know that it is just AMD. There are reports on the forums of Direct x crashes when joining servers.

Looks like NVIDIA is having the crashes.

Last edited:
SLI is not working here, I'm on my current drivers.

Was there an official driver release already or are they waiting for the 21st? I can't remember if I saw it on the nvidia recent update or not.

Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program
Hello Battlefield Community,

We’d like to share a bit more information about the Rental Server program, coming this November.
As you know, Rental Servers for PS4 and Xbox One have gone through EA. Now with Rental Servers going through EA, there’s quite a lot of questions. Let’s answer some now:

How much will it cost?

PC
  • 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99

PLAYSTATION® 4 / XBOX ONE
  • 1 day: $1.99
  • 7 days: $7.99
  • 30 days: $26.99
  • 90 days: $64.99
  • 180 days: $99.99
When will the Rental Server Program Launch?
We’re excited to bring RSP to Battlefield 1 this November.

What types of features can I expect?
The biggest question, of course. We will update this thread tomorrow with some of the features you will have in the RSP.
Note: One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP.

Thank you for your continued patience and stay tuned for more information regarding the Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program.

The Teams at EA/DICE

So looks like more updates tomorrow, but kick/ban feature won't even be available at launch of rental server program.

Also I guess they are discounting console servers due to Live and PSN?

They are WORKING on a kick/ban feature? How fucking hard is that?

Means they never even bothered implementing it until enough people bitched?

With just Fairfight, the game is going to have some blatant, game killing cheaters on occasion. You HAVE to have a live admin or it will just suck.

That is a fundamental rule of online fps. The fact ea just thought they could breeze by it speaks volumes.

Times like this make me glad I am older and more patient. I can now sit back with some popcorn and just watch the scene unfold.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this monitor and thinking about buying it to go with my new graphics card. How do you like it?

I take it you're from Seattle too? Well I'm on the Eastside(Kirkland).

I love the monitor. Can't imagine I'll ever go back to a non-gysync or 60hz monitor. I live in WA but not the Seattle area.

SLI is not working here, I'm on my current drivers.

Working fine here on the latest whql drivers.

i was gonna get this and give ea a chance...guess i'll wait till <$45 for all expansions...

Reactions: klank
like this
All I know is we need to get an [H] squad started because after 10 hours of the trial I'm already sick of scrubs in pubs. No communication, no working together, no one says a word most of the time.

I can't seem to get it to finish installing. My 5TB WD Black sounds like it's going nuts. It started in about 93% and that was a few hours ago. My system (in signature) is literally crawling right now.

Should I just hard reset it?

Back