Flogger23m
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2009
- Messages
- 16,935
enjoying the game, not a big history buff, but anyone think SMGs are way too prevalent in this game? you don't need to know much about history to know that bolt action rifles were THE most prevalent guns at this period.
Far too much. There are more SMGs per soldier than there were in WWII, let alone WWI. They were practically non-existent and issued in small numbers at the end of the war. Even in WWII outside of the USSR, SMGs were only given to certain positions which tended to be non-combat units. If you were a German who was using an SMG as an infantryman, you were more likely using a captured Russian weapon than a German. The mass amount of SMGs in WWII is largely a video game (and movie I suppose) myth.
Glad I did not pick this up, seeing the server issues. And as I've said, Battlelog was an excellent browser. I still plan on skipping this entry like I did with Hardline, but if I find myself bored I may pick up the base game.