Etherton
Will Bang for Poof
- Joined
- Aug 7, 2006
- Messages
- 6,996
Install an SSD and press any key to continue . . .
I bet you thought that was clever didn't you?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Install an SSD and press any key to continue . . .
Any official updates on server rentals from 3rd parties? Admin abilities? I take it that launch = EA official servers only with zero admin and no votekick/ban?
Waiting for a patch and Black Friday or Xmas sale I guess. First BF game I haven't bought on launch since BF2. Sad but not having real servers is my breaking point.
Anyone else liking Operations?
These matches last for days!
I had a hunch this is part of the reason the RSP was delayed to begin with. Couple months back when they announced no RCon/ProCon, and that's when the public outcries started. Someone important was listening, but with every giant megacorp, things take time.They are WORKING on a kick/ban feature? How fucking hard is that?
Means they never even bothered implementing it until enough people bitched?
With just Fairfight, the game is going to have some blatant, game killing cheaters on occasion. You HAVE to have a live admin or it will just suck.
That is a fundamental rule of online fps. The fact ea just thought they could breeze by it speaks volumes.
Times like this make me glad I am older and more patient. I can now sit back with some popcorn and just watch the scene unfold.
You've got like 30 days to pay it though !I just got a speeding ticket from a DC camera for $100, ugh. Wanted to pick this game up on Friday...
Live and PSN have nothing to do with dedicated servers. They require the same amount of resources and run exactly the same. The only difference in a convar that specifies which platform can connect to the server. They are simply charging PC players a higher price. This is more expensive then any previous battlefield game. They are making it so they are the only people who rent servers to overcharge and control it. Its pretty much a money grab.Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program
So looks like more updates tomorrow, but kick/ban feature won't even be available at launch of rental server program.
Also I guess they are discounting console servers due to Live and PSN?
I'm not really sure how HDR works on PC games yet, is it supposed to be natively on if it works or an option? Because there's no mention of it on the video options in game.Not seeing anything on it via this thread - can anyone confirm/deny that this game supports HDR on the PC? Early reports said it was supposed to be the first to do so, but I haven't seen anything about it in months.
try disableing software and settings. Turn off the origin oer lay, turn off steam, do you have anything else that would overlay on the screen like fraps?Alright, I uninstalled Origin and BF1 - all 47gb of it... thought it might have been a corrupt download
Reinstalled Origin & BF1 on my Samsung 1TB SSD. When I go to launch the game the screen will start flickering and minimize. If I am quick enough I can click where the accept button should be and it'll load. No audio though. The game runs but stutters like dam it! My system, in my signature, should have zero issues with this game. I have tried uninstalling the GPU drivers and reinstalling them too.
Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!
try disableing software and settings. Turn off the origin oer lay, turn off steam, do you have anything else that would overlay on the screen like fraps?
I'm not really sure how HDR works on PC games yet, is it supposed to be natively on if it works or an option? Because there's no mention of it on the video options in game.
Holy shit Operations is fun. They need to add it to the server browser.
It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.What is Operations??
It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.
It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.
So like Rush mode?
I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, but seem to be running into a weird couple of issues. Hopefully I don't need to re-install, but has anyone experienced some weirdness when manning mounted guns or manning vehicles?
I was playing the campaign for a bit, but when I ended up having to man the mounted turret, I couldn't really move around (was choppy, stuttering for some odd reason). I kept playing, up to the part where you drive the tank - and that also got choppy, to the point where it just outright didn't move.
I quit playing the campaign, figured it was just probably another issue, and ended up playing Operations mode (ton of fun!). Everything's all smooth, but anytime I use a mounted gun / pilot a plane / drive a tank, everything is ridiculously choppy and just won't turn.
I have that bug randomly, no idea why but restarting the game client fixes it. Seems to happen more in SP than in MP though. At first I thought it was because of the 360 controller I had attached but that proved not to be the case. I also had an issue where I couldn't use the binos in game except in the areas that absolutely required them. I could bring them up in the hand but not at all use them, didnt really stop me from completing the SP campaign but annoying.
Im playing on a fresh windows 10 install (just installed 2 weeks ago) but I have team viewer running all the time as time as its my main torrent box and htpc server as well so I log into it through out the day at work to add files/manage things. Have you tried using beta drivers for your video card or rolling back to slightly older drivers? Just weird as your system kicks the crap out of mine so I dont understand why your having issue, I run an older i5 2500K and amd 290 and it ran smooth as butter for me at 1080p using the recommended settingsI've read that TeamViewer can mess the game up but I don't have it installed. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 64 so it's pretty clean of bloat. Are you talking about "Origin In-Game", it's been disabled. Removed Norton. I have Malwarebytes running.
ok. yeah, I know what I'm doing with my night tonight!!! gf and kid won't be home tonight, woo!!!It's a progressive mode spanning multiple maps where the team completing the objective wins. It's supposed to feel like fighting a battle and either falling back or moving forward.
try disabling the headphone jack in the windows sound settings?Audio issue resolved (sort of): I have a pair of JBL LSR305 monitors connected to my system. They have horrible static coming through the headphone jack so I had them connected through a optical pass-though adapter, causing the no audio issue in BF1. This has been the only game in the past 2 years that won't recognize audio this way. Connected them back to the system via the headphone jack and BF1 now has sound. Now I am getting the static interference and buzzing sounds... ugh!
UPDATE 1:
What types of features can I expect?
Among many other settings, players renting servers will be able to adjust:
- ticket count
- bullet damage
- modes
- weapons
- maps
enjoying the game, not a big history buff, but anyone think SMGs are way too prevalent in this game? you don't need to know much about history to know that bolt action rifles were THE most prevalent guns at this period.
That's probably what you'll find me playing.Yeah it's a huge liberty. There will be game modes with bolts and irons only so I'm okay with the choice they made.