• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix...

finally some honesty coming from WB...what are these issues that cannot be fixed?...I think it's a memory management issue...I think 3GB VRAM is an absolute minimum and even then are there are other underlying issues with the memory
 
What the hell is it about this game that makes it unfixable?

Considering that there are reports that Rocksteady barely managed to make the game work on the PS4 and XB1 I'm wondering if some of the big changes they made to the engine completely fucked the game up to the point where it simply can not be fixed.
 
Considering that there are reports that Rocksteady barely managed to make the game work on the PS4 and XB1 I'm wondering if some of the big changes they made to the engine completely fucked the game up to the point where it simply can not be fixed.

it's still using Unreal Engine 3 so I find it hard to believe that the game suddenly became unplayable...either way I'm curious to hear more from WB as to the issues that can't be fixed
 
it's still using Unreal Engine 3 so I find it hard to believe that the game suddenly became unplayable...either way I'm curious to hear more from WB as to the issues that can't be fixed

I remember hearing a while ago that Rocksteady had to modify UE3 in order for it to do what they wanted for the game. When everything is running right it looks more like what I'd expect from a AAA UE4 game than something running on a nine year old engine.
 
Steam is denying the refunds if you have owned it over 2 weeks or played it over 2h since that is their policy, so the refund post was just PR nonsense.
 
"The game works fine for me that means it must be perfect and work fine for everyone else". That is the most worthless and closed minded argument ever for a PC game.

That's one hell of a straw man you've built.
 
Looks like people not being able to get refunds is an error of some sorts:

For users still running into playtime based refund rejections, we are looking into what is causing those. Please wait to re-submit your refund until we have this resolved. Thank you.
 
"we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix,"

I wish WB would stop issuing these cryptic responses and just come out and put everything on the table...what issues cannot be fixed?...which graphics cards are affected?...are they now going to take another 5 weeks before issuing another statement?...seems like a lot of people with 970's are reporting success while people with 980 Ti's and Titan's are having issues
 
"we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix,"

I wish WB would stop issuing these cryptic responses and just come out and put everything on the table...what issues cannot be fixed?...which graphics cards are affected?...are they now going to take another 5 weeks before issuing another statement?...seems like a lot of people with 970's are reporting success while people with 980 Ti's and Titan's are having issues

That's the problem with big companies like WB. Every word is so tightly controlled and screened through so many PR people and upper management that it get's diluted and turned into some bullshit vague statement. Basically that statement is their PR department trying to put out a few fires by making vague promises that can mean anything and they can spin however they want.
 
I thought Nvidia sent their engineers to RockSteady to assist with developing fixes for the problems. Guess that didn't work. :(
 
http://www.windowscentral.com/batma...yers-offered-refunds-after-continued-problems

Refunds being offered until the end of 2015 regardless of number of hours the game was played.

When they mention "problems that can't be fixed" I suspect they mean from a cost-benefit standpoint. Any problem of this sort can be fixed with enough resources, but that doesn't mean a publisher is willing to spend the money to do so. So perhaps they plan to fix the items that can be done relatively easily (sli?) and forgo the items that would take a massive amount of repgramming and recoding.

Anyway, I think the latest refund offer is the best they can do at this point in terms of remedies. That should satisfy most of the angry fans and help maintain some goodwill going forward.
 
That's too bad. AA and AC are some of my favorite games. I'll avoid WB games in the future.

Another option would be to wait at least a month after WB games releases PC titles. Read the reviews and visit this forum to see the user feedback. Pre-ordering PC games is a big mistake, too risky. Patience and self-control. You never know when this sort of thing might happen again.

Besides, PC games drop in prices rapidly over time.
 
Another option would be to wait at least a month after WB games releases PC titles. Read the reviews and visit this forum to see the user feedback. Pre-ordering PC games is a big mistake, too risky. Patience and self-control. You never know when this sort of thing might happen again.

Besides, PC games drop in prices rapidly over time.

Eh. Pre-ordering is fine. This is one of the few games that had no real obvious warning signs that it would turn out badly. The issue with pre-ordering is people generally not taking the time to pay attention to a game and looking out for warning signs. I can count on one hand the number of times I've messed up on a pre-order. Most of those times were due to me stupidly ignoring obvious warning signs. Most of the time it isn't that hard to know if a game will be good or not prior to release.
 
Granted, my hardware is pretty high-end - but I'm doing fine on foot. I turned shadows down to medium from high and am only using 2xAA, but everything else is turned up. I get 59-60fps more or less all of the time on foot, although the benchmark (like the other games) doesn't mean much thanks to the weird hitch between scenes.

My guess is that the Batmobile is unfixable for some hardware setups. It's still hit and miss for me. Sometimes it's great, other times it's a mess. It almost always drops my FPS, but it isn't as bad as it was before the two larger patches. Now It drops to the mid 40's instead of 20's and 30's.
 
Last edited:
I forgot about Arkham: Origins, where WB Montreal gave up and said they weren't going to fix anything else

WB Montreal was forced to stop. WB Games wanted them to work on DLC instead of spending more time on patching the game. WB even had the balls to say that they felt the game was good enough and that WB Montreal was going to focus on DLC instead in the announcement post about it.
 
Works fine and runs beautifully for me. Sucks for those who have problems.

Wish I could roll back a patch and play. If I hit too many cars and stuff in the Batmobile I crash to the desktop. Never did that before. Before it would only drop from say 80 fps to 45 fps when I entered the Batmobile. Not sure how to play and not crash into things.
 
with refunds being offered until Dec 31st regardless of the number of hours played I can see a lot of people playing it numerous times and still getting a refund
 
Locking the FPS to 30 seems to get rid of all the stuttering and freezing issues I had in the Batmobile. At least with all the Gameworks stuff off. I'll see if I can even run any Gameworks features without making the game unplayable at some point.

Ran into a rather weird/funny bug while playing though. Was doing the Firefighter rescue mission and finished it with Bats climbing back into the car. Well the car flew through the air, through the ground, then exploded under the game world.
 
You know, for what its worth, with my old Nahelem rig and my AMD 290X, when AK first released, I had quite playable performance with all the goodies turned on at 1440p (well,aside from the Nvidia proprietary crapload that the game wouldn't allow me to enable. Really wish developers would stop buying into GameWorks and PhysX and instead use card-agnostic and open technologies ). However, people with newer systems and even higher end Nvidia cards ran into significant problems. I suppose it is luck of the draw.

Clearly, they may an abysmal port - Warner Bros needs to devote proper time and assets to PC development. I'm a bit disappointed that all of this overshadowed not only the proper conclusion to the Arkham series, but what was supposed to be a big name AA Linux / SteamOS title. It is being pushed back even further. I have the feeling that if they brought it properly to Linux/Mac from the start, the game wouldn't have these issues. Ah well.
 
Warn-a-brotha

hP9cp3T.png
 
I'm a bit disappointed that all of this overshadowed not only the proper conclusion to the Arkham series, but what was supposed to be a big name AA Linux / SteamOS title. It is being pushed back even further. I have the feeling that if they brought it properly to Linux/Mac from the start, the game wouldn't have these issues. Ah well.

Very good point, but it wouldn't have been Vulkan based anyway. And Vulkan is IMO what will make or break the real revolution on SteamOS, rather than just more OGL and DX9-wrapper titles. The AAA's will come, and Valve's first-party Source2/Vulkan showcase titles will also be there. It'll just take one or two more development cycles for the big third parties to hop the Vulkan train.
 
WB will be joining Ubisoft on my list of "publishers to never buy another game from".

I prefer evaluating games case-by-case despite what happened with AK, since these games are generally created by different studios. A blanket aversion to WB would've meant for example missing out on Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor, both of which were pretty damn good, all things considered.

But I realize that reddit-kneejerk "I hate WB nao" is easier and requires less thinking. Carry on.
 
Fuck this game...so glad I didn't buy it, especially an nVidia code because I wonder if those folks will even get any sort of compensation at all.
 
they need to release a new set of Minimum Requirements:

Video Card: Nvidia 900 series or greater
System RAM: 12GB+
 
they need to release a new set of Minimum Requirements:

Video Card: Nvidia 900 series or greater
System RAM: 12GB+

It's running fine on my ancient GTX 680 2GB 3x SLI setup. Well on one of them as SLI isn't working currently. 12 GB i7-980x at 4 GHz 12 GB Windows 10 at 1080p, low textures, normal settings on the other two, trilinear filtering, other settings on, runs fine, no issues with the Batmobile. I think the key to this game is getting the settings right for the VRAM and performance of the GPU and having more than 8 GB of system RAM.
 
Back
Top