• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

disabling the Nvidia GameWorks smoke and debris has fixed the crashes...no more crashes after disabling them...the game actually looks better as well for some strange reason...the rain effects are really impressive...now it looks closer to Arkham City from a graphics standpoint...everything seems a bit overly complicated with all those AR challenges littering the map...so those are separate from the 'regular' Riddler trophy challenges?...any point to completing the AR stuff as they seem very Batmobile dependent and annoying

The AR challenges are different than the Riddler thing. The AR challenges give you upgrade points if you beat them, but that's about it. You don't have to do the AR challenges to get the 100% ending.
 
The AR challenges are different than the Riddler thing. The AR challenges give you upgrade points if you beat them, but that's about it. You don't have to do the AR challenges to get the 100% ending.

cool, looks like hunting down all those riddler trophies will be the hardest part of getting to 100% but I usually get them all anyway (looking up any difficult ones on YouTube)
 
cool, looks like hunting down all those riddler trophies will be the hardest part of getting to 100% but I usually get them all anyway (looking up any difficult ones on YouTube)

There are only a couple of these which are truly challenging to get.
 
The game loves to reset my graphics settings for seemingly no reason.
Even though I have a 4K television, I don't run (m)any games at that res. Yet Arkham Knight always seems to think I should start. It changes my resolution and detail settings for 4K mode every 3rd or 4th time I run the game...and because the PhysX setting require you to exit the game every time to enable/disable, that's getting old.
On the plus side, beyond that I'm still doing well performance-wise. No major issues at all, at least beyond dumb things like enemies getting stuck in cars or between buildings.
 
it's not about practicing...I can easily strafe and charge up the missiles etc...the point is that a huge tank-like vehicle shouldn't be able to strafe like that...it's like the car has no weight to it

To me it was no different than those tanks in GitS that do pretty much the same thing.

It didn't fit for Batman imho but it was something I've seen in plenty of anime for even larger vehicles.
 
I'm liking the game more and more now that I've had my first encounter with the Arkham Knight villain...performance is also excellent since I disabled Smoke and Debris--sucks that I have to do that as I loved their implementation in the previous Arkham games...hopefully Nvidia puts out a new set of drivers soon which fixes the GameWorks performance issues...performance still rubber bands when using the Batmobile but driving in it doesn't feel as clunky as before

game looks pretty great now that I've disabled Film Grain...the rain might be a bit overdone at times but it looks great...it also might be the reason the world and textures don't look as crisp (at times) as previous games...the game forces the Batmobile on the player too much...it baffles me how Rocksteady would nerf the one aspect of the previous Arkham games that felt perfect- flying around the city as Batman...those destructible things all around the city can now be broken only with shots from the Batmobile weapon, those endless streams of cars on the road are pretty much telling the player to jump back into the Batmobile, certain missions won't start unless you're in the car etc etc...if Rocksteady had toned down the Batcar this could have been so much better...the restraint they showed in previous games in regards to not over-doing things got thrown out the window here
 
the game forces the Batmobile on the player too much…it baffles me how Rocksteady would nerf the one aspect of the previous Arkham games that felt perfect- flying around the city as Batman...those destructible things all around the city can now be broken only with shots from the Batmobile weapon, those endless streams of cars on the road are pretty much telling the player to jump back into the Batmobile, certain missions won't start unless you're in the car etc etc...if Rocksteady had toned down the Batcar this could have been so much better...the restraint they showed in previous games in regards to not over-doing things got thrown out the window here

And then you play further into the game, and the Batmobile becomes unusable for a good 30% of the story. You're encouraged to use the Batmobile a lot early on because the need to use it tapers off as the game progresses.

You really should play the entire game before commenting on balance.
 
And then you play further into the game, and the Batmobile becomes unusable for a good 30% of the story. You're encouraged to use the Batmobile a lot early on because the need to use it tapers off as the game progresses.

You really should play the entire game before commenting on balance.

I do agree that there are parts where the use of the Batmobile feels forced but there really are occasions where you'll miss it when it isn't available.
 
I'm enjoying the story a lot so far...continuing the story from the previous Arkham games and taking it to another level...I have my theory as to who the Arkham Knight is as they seem to be making it obvious but maybe I'm wrong...I'm enjoying the Batmobile more as well...I still think they force-feed it too much in the early goings but I guess they want you to learn the mechanics...seems to be more puzzle solving as far as figuring out what to do with the Batmobile as well
 
Last edited:
do the Side Missions such as locating the missing firefighters, bomb diffusement, murder mystery clues etc actually show up on the map or do you have to find them on your own (after completing the 1st mission of each type)?
 
do the Side Missions such as locating the missing firefighters, bomb diffusement, murder mystery clues etc actually show up on the map or do you have to find them on your own (after completing the 1st mission of each type)?

You have to find them. Though if you go by them without realizing it they will show up when you track that side-quest.
 
You have to find them. Though if you go by them without realizing it they will show up when you track that side-quest.

is there a point where you cannot complete any more side missions or can you play them all the way through the game?
 
On a general note, it seems (like in previous games) there are some things that are inaccessible until I get some plot-related upgrades. Things like the remote access hacking tool and such. Is that the case...or am I just overthinking some of the riddler puzzles?
 
On a general note, it seems (like in previous games) there are some things that are inaccessible until I get some plot-related upgrades. Things like the remote access hacking tool and such. Is that the case...or am I just overthinking some of the riddler puzzles?

More like some are hidden in plot-related unlocked areas that you can't access until that part of the game. You can always go back and get it though.
 
this is a fantastic game...I'm having a blast...the side missions are a lot of fun...Batman also uses his Detective powers in very realistic ways compared to previous games (watching video tapes, rewinding/fast forwarding crime scenes etc)...the city also looks and feels better then the previous Arkham games...maybe it's the way they divided the city into 3 islands but it looks amazing with the lighting and beautiful color...seems like Batman can soar higher in the air so the views can be gorgeous from high above...the Batmobile is also much better then I initially gave it credit for

kb/m control requires the use of a lot more buttons this time around...some of the driving/tank commands take some creative remapping of keys...I still haven't mastered that Afterburner move for jumps...it takes me a few tries as I keep missing which is annoying...having Riddler give you tons of Batmobile riddles seems very un-Riddler like and more of a way to shoehorn the Batmobile into as many missions as possible...voice acting is top notch...I don't like that they changed some of the character models from previous games though

if Rocksteady/Nvidia ever get off their ass and fix this game to where GameWorks can provide a consistent 60 fps then this might be the best Arkham game

the first time I encountered that Man-Bat scared the shit out of me...wasn't expecting that sort of jump scare
 
the first time I encountered that Man-Bat scared the shit out of me...wasn't expecting that sort of jump scare

My 11-year old got me good with that one. He's ahead of me, and kept saying there was an awesome side mission I just had to play.
 
the new additions to the game are well implemented- the enemy Medic heals fallen soldiers, Batman's new Fear combo is nice but the best part is the dual-play sections with Catwoman etc...really cool the way you can switch up mid-fight and team-up...it's seamless
 
I ran into an A/R challenge I couldn't seem to clear last night. It was the stealth one with the medic.
It gives one star for not getting hit (no problem), but the 2nd and 3rd star are for doing multiple fear kills and finishing the medic last. Granted, I haven't done 2 multi-fear kills, but I did finish the medic last several times and got nothing for it. Anyone have any tips - is it bugged?
 
The game loves to reset my graphics settings for seemingly no reason.
Even though I have a 4K television, I don't run (m)any games at that res. Yet Arkham Knight always seems to think I should start. It changes my resolution and detail settings for 4K mode every 3rd or 4th time I run the game...and because the PhysX setting require you to exit the game every time to enable/disable, that's getting old.
On the plus side, beyond that I'm still doing well performance-wise. No major issues at all, at least beyond dumb things like enemies getting stuck in cars or between buildings.
With DSR enabled in my drivers the game loves to start at 5K on my machine every once in a while, too. I'd love to run this game in 5K if I could get more than 20 FPS while doing so...
 
I ran into an A/R challenge I couldn't seem to clear last night. It was the stealth one with the medic.
It gives one star for not getting hit (no problem), but the 2nd and 3rd star are for doing multiple fear kills and finishing the medic last. Granted, I haven't done 2 multi-fear kills, but I did finish the medic last several times and got nothing for it. Anyone have any tips - is it bugged?

I remember that one...it's in the train station...you sure it was the Medic that you killed last?...I try and at least get 1 star in those AR challenges but don't kill myself trying to get 3 if it's really annoying/difficult...I only got 1 star for that...I tried getting the 2 Fear kills but it ended up being more trouble then it was worth...I'll try again after I finish the main campaign and Most Wanted stuff
 
I'm 55% through the game and this is my favorite Arkham game...really fun...the little tweaks they made to gameplay and enemies are really good- the medics, the different enemy types, the way enemies can detect you if you use Detective Mode too much (prevents spamming of Detective Mode), the story etc and yes even the Batmobile which got a lot of negative heat but I think it's a great addition...the way all the gameplay elements come together is the best...combat is actually challenging in a lot of places as well
 
this game keeps getting better and better...the Johnny Charisma bomb strap scene was one of the best scenes in the entire Arkham series...fantastic!...reminded me a bit of one of my other all time favorite gaming scenes- Bioshock's Sander Cohen Fort Frolic ending

the gadgets in AK seem to be more creative in how you can use them- the voice synthesizer, remote hacking many more items in the environment etc...it's too bad the game is going to be forever cursed because of the PC performance issues
 
I'm at nearly 100% completion, and have mostly enjoyed the game, hangs around the mid 50's fps for me. Only thing I have not done is the Riddler trophies, but now I see that to get the Knightfall ending I have to collect/complete over 200 trophies/riddles? Thanks, but no thanks....
 
I'm at nearly 100% completion, and have mostly enjoyed the game, hangs around the mid 50's fps for me. Only thing I have not done is the Riddler trophies, but now I see that to get the Knightfall ending I have to collect/complete over 200 trophies/riddles? Thanks, but no thanks....

I'm enjoying doing all the Most Wanted side missions but those riddler trophies seem more annoying in this game compared to the previous 2...a lot fewer of them show up on the map and you need to interrogate a whole lot more thugs to get their locations to show up (in the previous games you could also locate maps which showed all the trophies in a certain area)...I'm getting 100% completion or plan on getting it for all the other side missions but haven't decided whether or not to hunt down 240+ riddler trophies (even using a YouTube guide it'll be annoying)

the side missions (except for the Watchtowers) are all fun-- Professor Pyg, the serial killer, Firefly, Azriel, Two-Face, Man-Bat etc...
 
I'm at nearly 100% completion, and have mostly enjoyed the game, hangs around the mid 50's fps for me. Only thing I have not done is the Riddler trophies, but now I see that to get the Knightfall ending I have to collect/complete over 200 trophies/riddles? Thanks, but no thanks....

I have seen the real ending by accident when I fired up a Twitch stream and let's just say that it's well worth it to 100% the game. :)
 
I got 100%. It's not terribly difficult to get the trophies if you've played the other games.
 
I have very little patience for going after all of the Riddler trophies/etc. I would've liked an option to out-think the Riddler & take him out unaware of such a plot.
 
I'll probably go for 100%...I'm pretty much done with all of the other side missions and the main story...getting the 'real' ending plus getting to fight the Riddler sounds like fun

I love the way Arkham Knight wraps up most of the stories from the earlier games- Azrael, Hush etc...also love that you can go to the GCPD Lockup and interact with all the criminals you captured...Rocksteady really did an excellent job with this trilogy (performance issues aside)
 
I don't understand something...I just finished the main story and it says to activate Knightfall Protocol I need to apprehend 2 more of Gotham's Most Wanted...as far as the Most Wanted side missions I completed all of them except for the disarming of bombs and the missing firefighters one...also havn't collected all those Riddler trophies...does this mean all I need to complete is 2 out of those 3 remaining side missions and I don't need to finish the riddler trophy stuff to see the Knightfall ending?

 
I also watched the nightfall ending on the tube. Not into riddler crap at all. I barely want to free Catwoman lol.
 
I don't understand something...I just finished the main story and it says to activate Knightfall Protocol I need to apprehend 2 more of Gotham's Most Wanted...as far as the Most Wanted side missions I completed all of them except for the disarming of bombs and the missing firefighters one...also havn't collected all those Riddler trophies...does this mean all I need to complete is 2 out of those 3 remaining side missions and I don't need to finish the riddler trophy stuff to see the Knightfall ending?


You need to do everything. You can activate part of the Knightfall ending before you do everything but to unlock the full ending you need 100%.
 
You need to do everything. You can activate part of the Knightfall ending before you do everything but to unlock the full ending you need 100%.

how do I activate part of Knightfall?...and why does the message say I only need to apprehend 2 Most Wanted when I have 3 MW missions I haven't completed yet?
 
how do I activate part of Knightfall?...and why does the message say I only need to apprehend 2 Most Wanted when I have 3 MW missions I haven't completed yet?

It will eventually tell you you can go to GCPD to activate Knightfall even though you don't have all of the people captured. You will get part of the ending and then it will tell you to finish the missions in order to unlock the rest of the ending.
 
why does the message say I only need to apprehend 2 Most Wanted when I have 3 MW missions I haven't completed yet?

I think the reason it shows up as needing to apprehend 2 of Gotham's Most Wanted (even though I have 3 remaining side missions not at 100%) is because the Riddler and Bomb Disarmament missions both end with fighting a super-villain (Riddler and Deathstroke)...the missing Firemen mission does not have a villain at the end (I already captured Firefly earlier) so it does not consider it the same way even though they all need to be completed to 100% to get the Knightfall ending
 
Back
Top