Batman: Arkham Knight

I hope you guys see why publishers can release broken games. You have people that are misguided and just clamor for the IP. They don't care if the game has to be restarted every hour because of a memory leak. It's all about their beloved IP, and nobody can dispute them on it. From cars to fishing rods, people have been starstruck consumers since the beginning of time. I have met people that will fistfight you over a brand.

Very sad indeed that people get caught up in making a corporation money; like they sponsor them or something.

I hope you guys see why publishers can release broken games. You have people that are misguided and just clamor for the IP. They don't care if the game has to be restarted every hour because of a memory leak. It's all about their beloved IP, and nobody can dispute them on it. From cars to fishing rods, people have been starstruck consumers since the beginning of time. I have met people that will fistfight you over a brand.

Very sad indeed that people get caught up in making a corporation money; like they sponsor them or something.

It's hard to blame people in this case. City had some issues early on but it was still playable and it was fixed in a decent amount of time. Asylum was pretty good. Origins wasn't done by Rocksteady and was very obviously slapped together quickly. This is a rare case where looking back I don't see a lot of big warning signs. The information about the issues Rocksteady was having even making the console versions work didn't come out until after release.

Too early to declare #prereleasegate? :D

I really can't believe that someone is pulling that kind of shenanigan. Breaks a bunch of moral/ethical code IMO. Can't wait for this to get more exposure on the gaming sites.

this is hysterical...they actually fixed the startup splash screen in the game with the newest patch...this is not a joke, it's real...can anyone spot the difference between these 2 pics?...the Before pic is on top and the After pic on the bottom...

I'd love to know what they actually did for the last 2-3 months. Was this just timed to add the DLC and hope that people forgot how jacked the game was?

The improvements are obvious to me.

The biggest issue with the game was the stuttering and textures not loading and it's fixed. At launch it was unplayable the internment patch lowered the stuttering somewhat fixed some of the texture issues but still played bad.

Performance was never a huge deal most of fps drops I've had are caused by the shitworks phsyx effects (no surprise) especially the smoke/fog are not remotely worth it just like most games that use it.

I hope Kyle does a review article of the game as it stands. My buddy who doesn't mind 30 fps gaming thinks it runs fine on the GTX 970 I suggested that he purchase for the game. He says that the Fog setting kills his card though. He's gaming @1080p.

Also did they fix the issues where the PS4 looks better than the PC version? I stopped keeping up and don't have a PS4 to reference.

I think I'm just going to play it...I'm not one of those people that needs 60 fps in order for a game to be playable...60 is ideal but 45-50 is fine...I think my GTX 970, 12 GB System RAM and 6 core Intel CPU will be able to run it with all the Gameworks effects without it going under 30 fps...I am hoping to hear something from Rocksteady or Nvidia about an upcoming driver or patch but as soon as I finish up Uncharted 3 I'll give it a go...I'm tired of waiting and this is my only 2 week window to play before Fallout 4 takes over

I am one of the very few people who had no issues with this game at release on high settings, 1440p, on a i7 950 and non-ti 980. Was smooth and very rarely had slowdowns.

PC Gamer Arkham Knight benchmarking with newest patch...

http://www.pcgamer.com/did-they-fix-batman-arkham-knight/

sounds promising...the performance with this game is all over the place across a wide variety of hardware

Yeah, performance is really all over the place. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for why it works perfectly fine for some people and for others it's unplayable. I have a more powerful system than the one he played it on for the review and yet at the same settings it is unplayable as soon as I get in the Batmobile.

For the people who say they are getting good performance out of the game I would like to know if this is still true for the batmobile parts. Because that seems to be where the framerate drops and stuttering occurs.

Edit: one more question, does it make a difference if the game is installed to ssd? Some of the stuff I've read about the performance problems say the game does a poor job managing streaming assets from hd to ram. Obviously a mechanical hd would be the bottleneck there.

I hope Kyle does a review article of the game as it stands. My buddy who doesn't mind 30 fps gaming thinks it runs fine on the GTX 970 I suggested that he purchase for the game. He says that the Fog setting kills his card though. He's gaming @1080p.

Also did they fix the issues where the PS4 looks better than the PC version? I stopped keeping up and don't have a PS4 to reference.
They added the missing rain shaders and ambient occlusion in the September interim patch. When I played it again at that point I thought it looked better than the PS4 version. They also added 60 and 90 FPS lock options. But in that same patch they severely decreased the amount of PhysX interactive smoke and other particles. Two steps forward and one step back...

so is the 8.5gb update the "patch" or is it the DLC that isnt installed yet?
The 2.4GB update was the patch, while the ~8GB patch was the DLC supposedly. I have the Premium version on Steam, so I got the 2.4GB patch first and a small 8MB patch later added the DLC to my list of installed content.

I would advise that people who had this installed when the patch came out to delete and redownload if you have the bandwidth. I'm sure a lot of people were messing around with the game files to try and fix the game, so it would be a good idea to go back to stock configuration to avoid any potential problems. I have a feeling that some of the pictures and GIFs I've seen around are from people who messed with something in the config files and didn't change it back.

So decided to try again and see if I could make the game playable. The answer is hell no. Played again with everything maxed out just to make sure there wasn't some fluke that would go away after the computer had been turned off over night. Gliding around as Batman was still fine but as soon as I got in the Batmobile is was unplayable. Afterburner's OSD wouldn't work in the game with it maxed out so no idea about frame rate. So I thought, maybe it's the settings. I decided to just go the easy route and see what GeForce Experience thought optimal performance should be for my system. GFE said I should run the game with everything maxed except all the Nvidia effects turned off and Trilinear filtering. That seemed weird because on the same system with a 290X I was able to run it maxed out with the two possible Gameworks effects turned on. Still, whatever, I decided to give it a try anyway.

With the Gameworks effects off Afterburner was able to monitor the game so I was able to get numbers. I did some gliding around with Bats for a couple minutes and the frame rate was very very random. It would jump from 59 all the way up to 90fps. It was very distracting. Capping the FPS to 60 would probably solve that annoyance. After having some fun watching the purple numbers I decided to call the Batmobile. All of a sudden it felt like I was back at max settings. When I got into the Batmobile my FPS dropped to around 65-68fps and then jumped up to 75fps....For about three seconds. Then the game froze for a couple seconds and the FPS counter said it was running at 28fps. Then it jumped back up to 75, before the game froze again for a couple seconds and the counter reported 55fps. When I was able to move more than three feet without the gaming hitching up the FPS counter was claiming the game was running in the 70s but it didn't feel like it. The game was stuttering madly. At no point during the two-three minutes I spent in the Batmobile did it feel like the game was smooth or stable. Despite what the counter was saying it felt like the game was randomly losing and regaining 15-20fps at all points. Then it would just freeze for a couple moments, drop to under half of the previous FPS, then shoot back up and continue it's stuttering antics. After a couple minutes of that I just gave up.

On the CPU and RAM usage front things were interesting. CPU wise it looked fine. I don't remember the exact percentage reported but nothing crazy went on with it. RAM was different. Sitting "idle" right now I'm using 5.3GBs or 33% of my RAM. While gliding over the city the usage jumped to around 58-60% or so. When getting into the Batmobile it spiked up to 78% and stayed there.

Correct, still no SLI support. "Working hard with our gpu partners on multi-gpu support" is the last thing they said yesterday.

Anyone have a 2600K and a 290(non x) have any results? Im rebuilding my pc right now and I'd like to know what to expect.

I'm guessing next week Nvidia will release new Game-Ready Black Ops 3 drivers that hopefully will have some Arkham Knight optimizations

What are you guys using to overlay GPU usage for SLI in game?

Possibly the option right in the NV drivers to display it on the side of the screen, assuming its still there. I haven't used that option for ages now myself.

Used to be nvidia control panel, 3d settings on the menu, show SLI visual indicator if its still there in the drivers.

Possibly the option right in the NV drivers to display it on the side of the screen, assuming its still there. I haven't used that option for ages now myself.

Used to be nvidia control panel, 3d settings on the menu, show SLI visual indicator if its still there in the drivers.
It's still there. For those who don't know how it works the bar will expand in green from the vertical center of the screen toward the top and bottom edges. The fuller and more symetrical the bar, the better the SLI scaling.

Game runs fine for me. No issues. Latest nvidia drivers and maxed out game settings at 1440p.
Says the guy with a system in his sig that would be in the top 1%...

But hey, it runs fine on my system at 1440p, too... with a Titan X, GTX 970 for PhysX, i7-4770, and 32GB of RAM :cool:.

it's time!...I'll be jumping into Arkham Knight for my first run today...bought an Nvidia code and was hyped up and ready to go in June during the original launch...but then the performance issues went viral and my enthusiasm (and trust in Rocksteady) bottomed out...I vowed not to touch the game until it was fully patched...well it might not be there yet but I'm tired of waiting and this might be the best the game will ever get (performance wise)...if they couldn't fix it after 4 months then I doubt they can do anything more without completely starting over from the ground up

After the last 2 Huge patches, the game runs pretty much Perfect haha. If you're still having issues. you're the issue.

More of these troll posts? The game runs fine now.

After the last 2 Huge patches, the game runs pretty much Perfect haha. If you're still having issues. you're the issue.

"The game works fine for me that means it must be perfect and work fine for everyone else". That is the most worthless and closed minded argument ever for a PC game.

I mean fucking hell, WB is acknowledging that the game is still broken for a lot of people. They have outright admitted that there are issues that they can not fix that they will talk about. They have actually fucking apologized (twice in the last three days) and said that people can get refunds for the game and season pass all the way until the end of the year, regardless of how long you have had the game and how much you've played it.

Last edited:

Performance Analysis: Batman on PC is still a disappointment

"Even those at the absolute top-end will be left underwhelmed - the GTX 980 Ti exhibits exactly the same sub-60fps stutter as the GTX 970 and GTX 980...To be clear, it's not game-breaking and it is preferable to a locked 30fps across the run of play, but the fact that we are seeing it all with high-level parts demonstrates that there's no way to power past all of this game's issues"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...sed-batman-arkham-knight-performance-analysis

They're offering refunds now to everyone, no matter how many hours you've put into the game.

We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

Back