ASUS/BENQ LightBoost owners!! Zero motion blur setting!

I think they're equally important in making a difference as far as gaming goes. Although you can't really argue about that, since these variables vary from person to person.
I'll have to agree with that.
Some people hate PWM flicker, but I don't mind. Some people hate the poor color quality of TN over IPS, I prefer the zero motion blur, etc.

However, i have in the past several times have accidently left 3D on and have never noticed the blur reduction, granted i knew it was left on right away since it was stupidly bright and so i just turned it off right away. It's the little things that really make this Lightboost hack shine.
On my Asus VG278H, enabling LightBoost makes the picture dim during 2D mode.
Does enabling LightBoost on your Benq, make it brighter? That'd be surprising, and a telltale clue that Benq must be overdriving their LED's more aggressively, or that longer strobes are used, or both.

--Twitch shooting (Wow!)
--Reading floating 3d text in an FPS.
--Diablo 3 reading item names on the floor while moving. I often would have to stop moving just to read, now i see them instantly.
Agree, it is a big reaction time advantage, and by keeping moving, you're not a sitting duck for snipers. Big advantage for online gamers/competition gamers. It outweighs any 5ms versus 15ms input lag disadvantage for me, at least. You can see everything so clearly while keeping moving, react faster, fire faster, etc. Easily react 100-200 milliseconds quicker, or even more, in many situations!

Last edited:
Well, that's annoying. From the other thread.

You can't do a blind A/B test because the other LCD disadvantages remain (e.g. poor color quality of TN), I never said "it perfectly equalled CRT in every CRT aspect". I only said it has the zero motion blur
Well, no, I don't know how you'd test a CRT against an LCD. That wasn't what I was suggesting. You can, however, test a tweaked LightBoost display against an un-tweaked display of the same model. Assuming they are otherwise indistinguishable, you can successfully perform an A/B test.

Watch for Vega. He owns a Sony FW900 CRT, and has ordered a Benq XL2411T.
I'm not sure how that's going to prove my theory wrong. I'm suggesting that the difference between a tweaked display and a non-tweaked display in terms of ghosting/trailing/blurring is probably indistinguishable in a blind A/B test.

I'm not disputing that the effect doesn't exist, either, and that it doesn't actual do as you say (after all, that can be measured). I just question whether it's visually distinguishable without the influence of conscious or subconscious bias.

I've tried most of the 120hz displays and each have been run alongside a CRT. They all look terrible during fast motion. If the lightboost improvement is only minor, the Benq XL2411t Vega purchased will still look terrible next to the FW900.

I can't wait for this Benq to come in to test. I know exactly what CRT motion is and looks like, it will be very interesting to see these claims for myself. I pride myself on being very objective, I hope it is as good as everyone says.

post your results in the fw900 thread too vega.. I'm curious to see if this strobing can beat the fw900 at lessening motion blur :)

So the impression I have from reading this thread is that as long as the game is running at 120fps motion clarity is virtually as good as CRT, but as framerate drops it becomes progressively blurrier, and once the framerate is down to 60 and below things are as blurry as ever. Am I correct in this assessment? Is there a difference in how the BenQ behaves as framerate varies?

Looking forward to vega's AG removal and review. I'd much rather have glossy personally. If one of these went on sale I'd likely order it though. Would have to sell my samsung 120hz a750d eventually if all went well. Considering I got that for $400 at the time, $500 for the VG278HE isn't too crazy though I suppose. When the 27" 120hz panels were all $600 - $650 it seemed a little ridiculous.

I can't wait for this Benq to come in to test. I know exactly what CRT motion is and looks like, it will be very interesting to see these claims for myself. I pride myself on being very objective, I hope it is as good as everyone says.

Hahaha, once again were all waiting for Vega

Well my BenQ got delayed by it being Christmas time so I'm hoping I'll get it sometime next week. I'm so pumped to try this out see if it even lives up to the hype.

However even if it doesn't I still have a great PC gaming monitor so I'm ok with it just being damn good 120hz monitor.

I've been trying a few more games

These work very nicely with 2D lightboost at 120Hz.
orcs must die
magicka
defense grid
super meat boy
greed corp
guardians of graxia
serious sam hd

These don't, they display double images (when moving) even when running at 120fps.
diablo 3
bit trip bit
hoard

slightly OT, does anyone know if you can debezel that benq and move those buttons? If so three in portrait would be spiffy...

If not waiting for the VG248QE might be the way to go...

Last edited:
So the impression I have from reading this thread is that as long as the game is running at 120fps motion clarity is virtually as good as CRT, but as framerate drops it becomes progressively blurrier, and once the framerate is down to 60 and below things are as blurry as ever. Am I correct in this assessment? Is there a difference in how the BenQ behaves as framerate varies?
This is an effect that also happens on a CRT when a CRT starts repeating refreshes. It's called judder -- but at a much higher speed at 120Hz than at 60Hz.
I've tried most of the 120hz displays and each have been run alongside a CRT. They all look terrible during fast motion. If the lightboost improvement is only minor, the Benq XL2411t Vega purchased will still look terrible next to the FW900.
I did some motion tests, and did some professional measurements of motion blur.
I have new motion test software in development; as a software programmer, I'm writing a PixPerAn replacement that I will announce sometime next year.
Here are my benchmarks from my own motion test that I'm programming right now (my old 2008 resume if you need proof of coding skillz):

60Hz ordinary->120Hz ordinary is 50% less blur.
120Hz ordinary->120Hz LightBoost is 70% less blur.
60Hz ordinary->120Hz LightBoost is a shocking 85% less blur

Cross-check verification:
I did a mathematical verification to see if the measurements were correct (proof-check).
It's mathematically correct: A 50% improvement on a 70% improvement is equal to (70% + (100%-70%)x50%) = 85% improvement
That's almost 10 times less motion blur over a common 60Hz LCD monitor! Down to nearly imperceptible levels!

The 70% improvement is consistent with "120Hz LightBoost" being a bigger improvement, than the jump between 60->120Hz, which is only a 50%. I really do see it with my eyes; the jump from 120Hz->120Hz LightBoost'd is a more noticeable jump (during FPS games where I have to keep moving fast) than 60Hz->120Hz. I also suspect that the numbers will probably be different with different LightBoost monitors with different strobe lengths, because a different strobe length leads to a different motion blur. 144Hz will probably have at least a 90% motion blur elimination (one full complete order of magnitude) if strobe lengths are kept proportional to the refresh rate, and the strobe lengths relative to refresh rate are the same on both Asus and Benq.

During fast 960 pixel per second motion (where motion takes 2 second to go from left edge to the right edge), the perceived thickness of blur trail is only ~1 pixel thick where it used to be approximately ~9-10 pixels thick. That's almost imperceptible!!!! Any slower motion than that super-fast speed is crystal clear since the motion blur trail is subpixel!!! Read my lips: The blur trail is less than one pixel thick during most fast motion! That's imperceptible for most things, and not noticeable at all in video games. Fast moving text at 960 pixels per second is perfectly readable!!!! I can see 1-pixel-thick moving white lines and 1-pixel-thick details even while it is zooming fast at 960 pixels per second!!! This is unprecedented in LCD displays. Never before was possible, until LightBoost displays came out. (It also proves the scientific concepts - Science & References and FAQ, which I wrote long before the TechNGaming article.)

Yes, yes, there IS an *artifact* however-- the faint 1% ultra-razor-sharp doubleimage effect chasing behind a strong, perfectly sharp image. No worse than 3D shutter glasses crosstalk. But it's no worse (to my eyes) than phosphor ghosting of a CRT, even though it's a very different artifact, and you do not see it in most games, not even in dark dungeon style FPS games. And yes, TN LCD is worse color quality than a CRT. However, that's not the point. The point is motion blur is now, for all practical purposes, completely gone in normal video gaming to my eyes: zero motion blur like a CRT (aka motion blur is below detectable levels, by my human eyes, during an FPS game)! A very important thing for FPS gaming.

New Blog Post: New BlurBusters.com Motion Test Software Coming Soon!

Last edited:
Fantastic work delving into the details here. Thanks for your continued efforts. I certainly hope your enthusiasm doesn't wane.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but:

What happens if your framerate drops below your refresh while using lightboost in 2D? In my understanding, the backlight would still strobe at 120Hz, and you'd be getting visual information at the wrong time if your FPS is say 90.

Is there a way to dynamically modulate the backlight strobe frequency to maintain synchronization with varying FPS?

I've got both the VG278H and the VG278HE powered by a 560ti.

Just chiming in that I can get this to work on both these monitors but only 1 at a time (whatever the primary windows monitor is). Very nice effect.

In order to get it work on the VG278HE you have to use the VG278H inf and registry entries (posted on esreality) to bypass the IR set up and enable 3d. I don't have an USB IR emitter - just the built in IR emitter on the VG278H. 3d wont enable at 144hz so you have to use 120hz.

I only play Quakelive and Trackmania 2 so pushing 120 fps for these games on my card is easy. I usually strip out all the graphics in these games running them at bare minimum levels @ 1080p (less clutter on screen). However, with no blur present I think it's necessary to use some sort of anti aliasing since the jagged lines on straight edges are very noticeable (annoying) now. I haven't done any extensive tests yet to see if there is any noticeable differences in input lag.

Nice discovery. I'll continue to experiment at my end. Would be great to see the effect at 144hz.

Benq XL2411T , same one you ordered I believe?

I'll be happy to confirm your results as well , I intend to try it across a vast array of games.

Ah ok. Ya that is the 144 Hz version. Would be nice if we can find a way to get Lightboost working at 144Hz.

What happens if your framerate drops below your refresh while using lightboost in 2D? In my understanding, the backlight would still strobe at 120Hz, and you'd be getting visual information at the wrong time if your FPS is say 90.
It's called judder/stutter. Exactly the same as CRT.
Judder is smoother (e.g. 30fps@60Hz).
Stutter is more random (e.g. erratic framerate jumps up and down)
Exactly the same effect you see when you have lower framerate than refreshrate on CRT and plasma displays.
CRT and plasma are strobe displays too.
You've seen it before, if you ever played video games on a CRT. Haven't you?

Although I must admit there are people growing up today who has never played video games on a CRT before.... There are now teenagers who began gaming on early plasmas and LCD's in the 2000's as a child, and are in the middle of their teens now. It's amazing there are now people who has never seen zero motion blur CRT gaming before. Such people have never seen CRT-style judder/stutter before whenever the framerates drop below the CRT refresh rate. (The effect is exactly the same on LightBoost displays, it's an effect common to all strobe displays including CRT/plasma/LightBoost)

Also, judder at 30fps@60Hz, the moving double-edge flickers on 60Hz CRT (this is not seen on normal LCD), but judder at 60fps@120Hz the moving double-edge is a solid ghost on 120Hz CRT or LightBoost (edge flickers so fast). But both are still double image effect. Likewise, you'll get a triple edge effect at 20fps@60Hz, or 40fps@120Hz. (for either CRT or LightBoost -- same effect)

Modulating the refresh rate is not good, because it will lead to annoying flicker.

Last edited:
In order to get it work on the VG278HE you have to use the VG278H inf and registry entries (posted on esreality) to bypass the IR
Did it work with my reduced registry file, or did you need to use the full sized esreality registry file?

I haven't done any extensive tests yet to see if there is any noticeable differences in input lag.
I think the zero motion blur effect is far more important than degradation of input lag. I'm finding I'm reacting probably a whopping 100-200 milliseconds faster because I can identify far-away enemies without stopping moving first, since enemies are no longer motion-blurred. Since I don't need to stop moving, I'm no longer a sitting duck for snipers. The improved reaction time more than totally blows away any possible tiny (1ms?) input lag degradation by LightBoost. You can now quickly identify tiny enemies that comes into sight before you stop turning.

CRT/LightBoost LCD --- Turn, shoot tiny enemy, turn, shoot tiny enemy (even while still moving and strafing)
Regular LCD --- Turn, pause to identify, shoot tiny enemy, turn, pause to identify, shoot tiny enemy

With zero perceived motion blur, you're reacting hundreds of milliseconds faster. Thats probably two orders of magnitude bigger than any tiny input lag difference (1ms) that LightBoost might be adding. Do you find your reaction time has improved in twitch FPS, especially for identifying and shooting far-away enemies/monsters, especially in wide-open spaces?

However, with no blur present I think it's necessary to use some sort of anti aliasing since the jagged lines on straight edges are very noticeable (annoying) now.
Yes, I see the jaggies on edges very clearly during motion now. That's an attribute that used to be hidden by LCD motion blur. So if you have a powerful enough GPU, then AA is definitely helpful.

Last edited:
I think lately I've noticed my eyes getting tired quickly when using low brightness levels on the Catleap. Not sure if it's because of the PWM slowing down to dim the screen or what. I wonder how fatiguing this Lightboost strobing will be, if any.

Does using Lightboost completely eliminate PWM frequency reduction to "dim" the display? Hence why "brightness" controls are locked out while using Lightboost?

I think lately I've noticed my eyes getting tired quickly when using low brightness levels on the Catleap. Not sure if it's because of the PWM slowing down to dim the screen or what. I wonder how fatiguing this Lightboost strobing will be, if any.

Does using Lightboost completely eliminate PWM frequency reduction to "dim" the display? Hence why "brightness" controls are locked out while using Lightboost?

yes that is pwm tiring out your eyes

yes lightboost will make frequency of backlight strobing match pwm frequency match the lcd refresh frequency - like a crt from what ive understood of the discussion so far.

LightBoost is like a special kind of PWM that's optimized for motion blur reduction, at one precisely-controlled strobe per refresh. The PWM is locked to be optimized for 3D and motion blur elimination and the strobes is timed precisely with the LCD pixel refresh. So you can't adjust the PWM, so the Brightness is disabled. However, adjusting Contrast to 92 on an Asus actually brightens the image via greyscale manipulation, it seems, and looks much better.

PWM = Pulse With Modulation = Strobe Length Modulation = Normally multiple strobes per refresh.

Tired eyes may also be the result of insufficient brightness /combined/ with PWM /combined/ with motion blur, since traditional PWM (many strobes per refresh) does not reduce motion blur. So the low-frequency-but-specially-optimized-PWM might 'feel' different.... But it could even be just the PWM itself, and you'll hate LightBoost. Worse comes to worse, there'll probably be buyers for your Benq XL2411T, or you can just turn off LightBoost when you don't use it. But if you're used to CRT (Which you have), then you should be OK with it. It's a tradeoff: Does motion blur make you more tired than the PWM? The reduced motion blur makes it easier for eyes to follow fast motion, which may partially compensate for the tiring effect of PWM. Who knows until you feast your eyes and try?

You're a user of Sony FW900 CRT's. Which flicker too. Does your eyes get tired when you play on a Sony FW900 CRT?
It will be interesting how your eyes react to the LightBoost (special flavour of PWM), since to my eyes, it feels the same as a CRT. CRT's will tire me out after several hours when gaming in the dark especially at lower refreshes (e.g. 75Hz), but CRT's were fine to my eyes at 120Hz.

My eyes are fine using a FW900 at 1920x1200 @ 98 Hz, so I guess I will have to wait for the monitor to see. It should be here tomorrow or Saturday (I think DHL Worlwide delivers on Saturday).

Pixel Persistence Analyzer (PixPerAn) Readability Test Results 120hz: Wow just wow! Speechless.........

-Highest readable tempo without Lightboost (LB) was 7 and even that was blurry and my eyes where straining to read it.

-Highest readable tempo with Lightboost was 30 (Only could read the first 5 letters)

So when i first turned on LB and tried the last failed tempo of 8 again (which was blurry non-sense w/o LB)and was shocked how crystal clear it was. Kept going up until i reached tempo 24 and completed the test successfully. But at this crazy fast tempo my head was hurting at all the right to left motion that my head was doing to keep up with this speed. Next I turned it up to the insane tempo of 30. The speed is so fast my eyes have trouble keeping up with the letters, but when i finally train my eyes to lock on the letters THEY WERE CLEAR! I could only get the first 5 letter out and correct, due to the insane speed of tempo 30. Maybe a trained eye like Vega can get out all the letters, but for me to be able to read 5 letters states that yes this LB hack makes my VG278H monitors have Zero perceivable motion blur.

Anyone that has done the hack must download to see the results. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/PixPerAn.shtml

On one side note there was a minimal ghosting effect with the letters. Similar to the 3d ghosting effect. The test letters are black print, the test background is white, and the ghost behind it was a very light grey/white. The ghosting was not a blur or trailing effect it was a perfect letter, just extremely light and very hard to see. The only ghost letter that was visible was the last in the grouping as im guessing the others ghost into the other black letters. But in no way did the ghosting effect the readability of the extremely fast moving letters.

2d Lightboost has less eye strain than when my LED monitors are in default mode.

Wow you could read a speed of 30? Now I am really excited. Looks like DHL is speedy as always and I get my Benq tomorrow from the UK to test out!

I do hope the graphics card isn't capping itself to 60fps and disregarding either other frame or something silly (would explain the high readability figures). Many people game at ~60fps on their 120hz monitors so wouldn't notice.

Ah ok. Ya that is the 144 Hz version. Would be nice if we can find a way to get Lightboost working at 144Hz.

That would be ultimately be the best but I can't seem to find anything other than the basic reg edit file for enabling this. I mean the normal 3D lightboost can run at 144hz , correct? If that's the case then it should be a matter of editing in the right values in reg edit somehow.

No, as far as I know, you could never run 3D at 144 Hz. BTW my Benq arrived from the UK in 2-days. Unreal. Testing now.

I do hope the graphics card isn't capping itself to 60fps and disregarding either other frame or something silly (would explain the high readability figures). Many people game at ~60fps on their 120hz monitors so wouldn't notice.

Why would my GPUs cap at 60fps? I can tell a big difference between 60fps and 120fps when gaming. PrecisionX or FRAPS always reads the high FPS of 120 or above, depending on the game. PerPixAn reads 120fps also.

Edit:
I did try to set my resolution to 60hz in the Nvidia control panel and ran Perpixan and yes the movement was much slower.

-- If you're playing a Geforce 500-series product, or using high detail settings on a single GPU in demanding games such as Cyrsis with maximum AA, you're becoming limited by the GPU performance (obviously) but that is a jumpy framerate, not usually exactly 60fps.
-- The game may be doing the capping, not the GPU. That's the more common case of a steady 60fps@120Hz, you must tell the game to uncap the framerate. (e.g. go to console and do an "fps_max 240" (or bigger) in source engine games).

Wow you could read a speed of 30? Now I am really excited. Looks like DHL is speedy as always and I get my Benq tomorrow from the UK to test out!
I gotta reinstall a Windows XP partition just to rerun PixPerAn. PixPerAn is starting to crap out on me with current drivers under Windows 8. But I'm not surprised 30 is readable. :D

....Hmmm. We need to tell (er, "demand") blogs and magazine reviewers test these monitors properly, both with LightBoost2 on and off. We LightBoost end-users are far ahead of the blogs and magazines right now, and this needs to be fixed. I'm going to create a "LightBoost FAQ" on my blurbusters.com website over the Holidays. (I can use help too, e.g. instructions for fixing specific games' framelimits, additional tweaks)

2d Lightboost has less eye strain than when my LED monitors are in default mode.
I'm not surprised. The lack of motion blur seems sometimes the lesser of evil over traditional PWM. Less motion blur makes eyes less tired, compensating for the effect of PWM tiring your eyes out. It's so easy to track moving objects now, with CRT-style clarity!

However, it really depends if you're more sensitive to motion blur, or if you're more sensitive to PWM. Personally, I'm WAY more sensitive to motion blur. :D

Pixel Persistence Analyzer (PixPerAn) Readability Test Results 120hz: Wow just wow! Speechless.........
-Highest readable tempo without Lightboost (LB) was 7 and even that was blurry and my eyes where straining to read it.
-Highest readable tempo with Lightboost was 30 (Only could read the first 5 letters)
yes this LB hack makes my VG278H monitors have Zero perceivable motion blur.
Whoo hoo! First true confirm of 30.
Welcome to the world of zero motion blur LCD gaming!

It seems, sometimes, apparently, the zero motion blur makes it less tiring (mainly during fast motion, not for everyone, but at least for some)
Also, try turning your head while following the PixPerAn text. Some say that helps! Also, move back a tiny bit from your screen too, if you're too close.

I always knew shutter-glasses-compatible 3D monitors meant zero motion blur LCD's were now technically possible (my weblink: Zero Motion Blur), because I figured out that it was now possible to strobe the backlight on fully-refreshed LCD frames before the next refresh. before this was actually proven here in these forums.... I'm glad nVidia figured it out (Even though they're pimping it mainly for 3D. Let's fix that, and spread the word that it's also good for 2D!)

On one side note there was a minimal ghosting effect with the letters. Similar to the 3d ghosting effect. The test letters are black print, the test background is white, and the ghost behind it was a very light grey/white. The ghosting was not a blur or trailing effect it was a perfect letter, just extremely light and very hard to see. The only ghost letter that was visible was the last in the grouping as im guessing the others ghost into the other black letters. But in no way did the ghosting effect the readability of the extremely fast moving letters.
Yep, this is exactly the artifact I describe -- a faint ultrasharp ghost image chasing a perfectly ultrasharp image.
This will only get better and better in future, with better 3D monitors with less and less crosstalk.
Better 3D monitors with less crosstalk during shutter glass operation will have less of this artifact during 2D zero motion blur mode.

Now that we have CRT-league zero motion blur finally on an LCD!
It is easy to predict that within 2-3 years, the Sony FW900 will FINALLY be dethroned by enthusiast-league strobe backlight LCD displays in nearly all metric (except for black level and maybe single-digit milliseconds lag that becomes less important than the zero motion blur trait). Just wait till we have 3D IPS panels with strobe backlights with high-CRI full spectrum LED's, and improved panels, hopefully within 2-3 years from now!

Last edited:
I just set this:

http://www.marky.com/backlight/files/ForceLightBoostWithoutGlasses.reg

But it doesn't allow me to enable 3D at all times, that bottom box is not there with 310.70. Going to eat dinner. Anyone remember the way to get that option to appear at the bottom of the 3D Control panel to always enable 3D? I'll check back shortly.

TuGuX from TechNGaming appears to have a solution that you could try working from, that tricks a Benq into thinking it's an Asus VG278 using an EDID override.
TuGuX said:
@[member='bojinglebells']

First, you install this .inf via device manager: http://www.file-upload.net/download-6944730/Asus-VG278H-3D-Monitor-EDID-override.inf.html
Then you reboot.

After this, you enable this: http://www.file-upload.net/download-6944739/ForceLightBoostWithoutGlasses.reg.html (note: Mark Rejhon's file)

Make sure windows is set to 120Hz
Goto NVIDIA drivers, check the box to 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D'.
Assuming it has worked, it should now list the 'ASUS VG278H' monitor as the Stereoscopic 3D display type, and not '3D Vision Discover' which is there by default.
In this same section, set the drop down box for stereoscopic 3D to 'Always Run'.

Now start a game, I tested it with CS:GO .. I had 60 FPS and real 3D on (which is not good) AND check your monitor settings (when you go in menu -> picture, there should be something like "Nvidia LightBoost", then it's working)

Next step, just uncheck 'Enable Stereoscopic 3D'. Now you should have more than 120 FPS with LightBoost (depending on your hardware), so everything is nice and working right now.

To turn it off, I guess you have to change the Always Run stuff, or completely deinstall monitor and install normal BenQ Drivers

Last edited:
No, as far as I know, you could never run 3D at 144 Hz. BTW my Benq arrived from the UK in 2-days. Unreal. Testing now.

Well shit. Nice that you got yours , I think mine will arrive the day after Christmas. I'll post my impressions.

I just set this:

But it doesn't allow me to enable 3D at all times, that bottom box is not there with 310.70. Going to eat dinner. Anyone remember the way to get that option to appear at the bottom of the 3D Control panel to always enable 3D? I'll check back shortly.
The "always" box will not appear until you run the 3d wizard setup.

I did not use any registry tweak for my setup. What i did:
checked enable stereoscopic 3d box-> ran Wizard-> ran test stereoscopic 3d in N control panel-> set refresh rate to 120hz & select Apply refresh rate to all games box-> exit test app-> uncheck Enable stereoscopic 3d box-> apply
lb2_zps17169874.png

LB_zpsf35e4984.png

Assuming they are otherwise indistinguishable, you can successfully perform an A/B test.
Although the LightBoost motion blur improvement is so, so, so, so, _BLATANTLY_ obvious during FPS shooting games, window drag tests (assuming high-Hz mouse) and smooth-scrolling text tests...
It's like comparing an 4200RPM HDD to a dual RAID SATA6 SSD, you don't even need to benchmark to notice the difference.
It's like comparing a blurry sports photograph to a sharp sports photograph of the same scene, you don't need a scientific measurement device to tell apart photography blurriness.

...I agree with wonderfield that a proper scientific test is needed. Someone needs to invite a friend to their home. Randomly enable/disable lightboot while the friend is outside the room, and invite the friend back. Show them the usual motion blur stuff (window drag, FPS shoot, smooth scroll text). Ask them if it's blurry or sharp. Repeat the test 14 times to achieve 5-sigma scientific proof in this A/B test. (1 in 16384 chance for bad result) Done. Guaranteed. Just to silence the naysayers. Since I am too biased, I suggest a neutral third party such as Vega the honor of executing thy scientific A/B test, just for completeness' sake. (If Godmachine or someone else wants to step up, be our guest!)

Last edited:
Back