AoC

Alright, so I might pick the game up tonight. What server should I roll on? What are most of you guys on?

Deathwhisper is where the pvp is at :cool:

I will warn you, however. As I said earlier, this is the server that SA's goons reside. But for me, it just makes it that much better killing them.

I'm on Deathwisper too, and Meh Goons are ez to kill. But I'll also warn you, this server has even bigger morons than barrens chat of WoW, like a guy named Fozz, which is on my KoS list anyways :).

Right now, I'd say the Pros and Cons are about equal.

The loading is bad, the invisible walls are bad, and unresponsiveness of the game is bad too. But PVP is fun, whilst most people go in groups to gank, they suck when trying to fend for themselves.

I'm on Deathwisper too, and Meh Goons are ez to kill. But I'll also warn you, this server has even bigger morons than barrens chat of WoW, like a guy named Fozz, which is on my KoS list anyways :).

Right now, I'd say the Pros and Cons are about equal.

The loading is bad, the invisible walls are bad, and unresponsiveness of the game is bad too. But PVP is fun, whilst most people go in groups to gank, they suck when trying to fend for themselves.

What are you playing? Just got my HoX to 50 today.

But yes.. pvp is extremely fun. The queued battles still havent caught on quite yet (usually only 20 people sitting in the queue) but I suppose that's just because of everyone wanting to level first.

Im on Dagoth right now, its a PvE server, but very mature. Seems like a lot of EQ2 players on there right now as oppossed to a large WoW crowd.

Man, this game looks tempting. I always tend to get suckered in when a game is new and then stop playing after two months though. Wonder if I should give this a shot.

So I'm really interestd in Age of Conan... but I dont know if I want to spend $50 to try to game out for a month to see if I will like it...

I heard there was some sort of "Buddy Pass" system, so people can give out temporary passes to the game, and try it out for a month, without having to buy the software. How does this system work?

I did... installing now then rolling on Deathwhisper.

Bad Idea buddy. That server is overpopulated and filled with noobs.

So I'm really interestd in Age of Conan... but I dont know if I want to spend $50 to try to game out for a month to see if I will like it...

I heard there was some sort of "Buddy Pass" system, so people can give out temporary passes to the game, and try it out for a month, without having to buy the software. How does this system work?
The game comes with a buddy pass that needs to be retrieved via account management page. Funcom has said that they are going to wait awhile before those become available.

From what I heard Deathwhisper happens to be where some of the top PvP'rs from numorous games (including WoW) are currently ATM...For anyone who is anyone in Arena PvP in WoW, deathwhisper = BG9 basically. Should be fun, I might pick this up just to see what all the hype is.

From what I hear the only people calling that server noobish are the ones getting ganked. Everyone knows the answer to that. . .Re-Roll!

you get 30 days free play with the purchase price of the game. If you don't want to try it for over $30, then wait until it's $29.99....your choice....but don't come back whining in 8 months when you finally got the game and tell everyone how bad it is because all the players are already level 60 or 80 and you're just now starting....

Why would I whine about that? I couldn't care less about other players that have already started. It's like you're giving me an ultimatum. Are you upset with my post?

Anyways. I just got out of Tortage on my main character.....

Let me tell ya, my FPS Dropped by 10 on average. I quickly went through every setting and finally found what has been causing it. Landscape HD Draw Distance is what is screwing my game up, if I decrease it, difference is unnoticeable. Besides that, trees look so ugly, grass is sexy now though.

Made this little video when I was fighting stuff.

Video

From what I heard Deathwhisper happens to be where some of the top PvP'rs from numorous games (including WoW) are currently ATM...For anyone who is anyone in Arena PvP in WoW, deathwhisper = BG9 basically. Should be fun, I might pick this up just to see what all the hype is.

From what I hear the only people calling that server noobish are the ones getting ganked. Everyone knows the answer to that. . .Re-Roll!

I have 2 characters on Deathwhisper PvP and Set PvE. Deathwhisper is by far superior in that it has a much higher number of competent players to group with and pvp against. The drawback is the huge following of rejects and immature kiddies that spam gen chat with nonsense but I just turn it off. PVE is super dull but is nice to fall back to if you are in a spawn camp situation. PvE also seems to have the highest number of toolboxes and uptight people around so its a double edged sword lol.

Actually, most of the people on that server are pretty noobish, from what I've seen so far. You don't know unless you actually play on the server.

^^^He is right. I have installed the game on my laptop and OMG, it was awful... I managed to get 40 fps constant, once I got to white sands with a bunch of folk + tortage = lag fest. On my desktop, it's pretty nice, don't really have any major drops.

Can you tell me the specs of your laptop? If I bought this, all I would be able to play it on is my MBP, so if its specs are similar, this game isnt really an option for me :(

Deathwhisper seems to have attracted the a lot of good groups from other games. Unfortunately it also seemed to pick up a bunch of scrubs desperate to join those groups.

It's a bit overcrowded (one of the few servers with consistent login queues), and most of the PvP revolves around spawn camping (which is almost impossible to get around in the game's current state).

In all seriousness, if you aren't already a member of a group that's made their home on Deathwhisper, join a different server.

Deathwhisper seems to have attracted the a lot of good groups from other games. Unfortunately it also seemed to pick up a bunch of scrubs desperate to join those groups.

It's a bit overcrowded (one of the few servers with consistent login queues), and most of the PvP revolves around spawn camping (which is almost impossible to get around in the game's current state).

In all seriousness, if you aren't already a member of a group that's made their home on Deathwhisper, join a different server.

Point taken... damn now which server lol. I installed the game last night and let it update while I slept and later today I will be ready to roll! :)

I got the game, installed it, and played it only for a bit (like 2 hours).
I thought it was pretty good...nice change coming from wow...

Nothing spectacular tho, but all is done fairly well...no comlpaints so far...

I rolled a Cimmerian Barbarian...pretty fun...combat system makes the game more interactive (as opposed to auto attack).

That's it for now...

Had so much fun playing this over the weekend, I rolled a PvP server and this seems to fit well with the feel of the game, a real nitty gritty fight for survival. I have several neat stories already due to playing as an Assassin and spending 95% of my time stealthed.

I basically stealth everywhere, i've put max points into stealth and skulk, skulk being the movement speed while stealthed, and now at about 300 skill points I can move almost as fast as unstealthed. So I tend to watch over people like some kind of invisible robin hood, I find people who are being twats and lop off their heads.

Some level 29 was duking it out with a level 21 and it was obvious who'd started the fight, no one attacks people 8-9 levels higher than them. So I wait until the lvl29 is still for a second and *stab*, crit for about 1/2 health and dead.

Got some praise from the other guy, saying it's a rareity to see such kindness, etc, made me feel really good :D

I've got a good one from last night, i will post again after I've picked up my lunch :)

how can you roll a character when there is no dice or chance system? lol... anyways can someone expand on these questions...

i cannot use the forums yet since i do not have a reg game till tonight... can someone test for me if ...

1. throwing knives/daggers... can they be dual wielded?

2. do throwing knives/daggers get the same bonuses/feats as spells/feats that require "daggers"... would these lets say gain the benefits of poisoning... or any other skill that requires a dagger... or can only 1-handed non-throwing daggers get the buffs?

3. if 1 and 2 are false, is there any skills that use thrown weapons?

thanks!

But yes.. pvp is extremely fun. The queued battles still havent caught on quite yet (usually only 20 people sitting in the queue) but I suppose that's just because of everyone wanting to level first.

Wow... level 50 that's insane. I'm nearly 38 and I thought I had put a ton of time into the game.

OK so, I'm steathing around in this area, I don't know the name since I can't remember any of the area names yet, but it's a fairly green area with tall mountains all around it which have snow on the top.

And I fight half way up this mountain doing quests, and arrive at this boss area, stealthed most of the way there expect stopping to kill a few things when no one is looking. And there's these 6 randoms waiting for this boss to spawn all sitting around a campfire. Of course they have no idea I'm there.

So this thing spawns and I'm right next to the spawn so I get the first hit in, just as I un-stealth so do about 3 other assassins around me, so it locks the creature to me, and imediately everyone turns on me, and the assassin next to be kills me quite quickly.

I respawn and get back there as fast as possible, stealthed again so they have no idea i've returned, it seems between them they managed to kill it once. So we wait again and I bide my time...

Eventually the boss spawns again, so I watch as the assassin who killed me un-stealths and goes to work on the boss, I wait until he's about 1/2 health and backstab the guy for revenge and kill him in one hit. Imediately everyone turns to me again, and I know this time that they're going to be pissed. I knew that if I didn't take out their caster I'd just get rooted to the spot, so I hit the sprint key, sprint right up to their caster and do the move "snap kick" right in his face, this sends him flying about 5-6 feet backwards onto his arse. I imediately do a 180 degree turn and leg it towards the edge of the mountain (downhill side) and do a sort of leap of faith off the edge and hit the stealth button mid air and just vanis from sight. Quickly zig zag a bit and hide, and just watch these 5-6 REALLY pissed guys all bundle down the hill running in random directions firing off AoE spells and whatnot trying to find me, I've never laughed so hard. XD

43 now, it's funny because healers are rediculous in this game. My guild is pretty much the ultimate KOS guild on my server, we're also the biggest.

So I'm loading my game and I get in to see this conquerer beating on me. I heal and start doing my thing, Lance of Mitra > Cleansing fire > Rebuke > Repulse, all why continuously healing.

He never gets me below 30% health and runs away when he's about to lose.

Keep questing in Field of the dead. The same guy runs up to me, this time with a barbarian. They start beating on me, Revivification kicks in, I wave of life and repulse them. Then cast Lance of mitra on the conq. I follow that up with cleansing fire/rebuke/wave of life/lance. By this time i use radiance (Big heal 60 second debuff until you can use it again).

After that I repulse again, these 2 guys start running away and i heal up a little. Next thing I know 3 seconds later they're back with a ranger and i finally die.

Group/Raiding leaves a bit to be desired IMO. It feels more like needs 2 pvp to have fun.

So roll on a pvp server if you're gonna play.

I have a few questions.

Do any of you actually play the single player?

When do I engage in some booty?

Actually, that's it. lolz.

The single player is for a nighttime destiny quest. It's interesting story line but I have yet to see the single player mode since the pre-20 quest.

Mouse guy uses his mouse to do skills.

I have nothing relevant to add to this post. :(

Haha, I could never get used to using the number buttons on my keyboard, I am faster with the mouse anyway. I use 1-3 for my directional combat, everything else is my mouse.

Hows your Herald at lvl 50? I just got mine to 25, and hes a powerhouse. He takes damage terribly, but good lord can he dish it out. I killed 2 people attacking me (2 melee characters, an assasin and bard i think) cause i double crit them with a combo that did over 1000 dmg...

I cant seem to log in to the forums. I created a username and password through the account page but whenever i try to log in, it says its invalid. Even waited overnight...

reason i want to get in the forums is because i get artifacting when i use shader model 3.

you get booty when you stop playing AOC.

assassins... can you poison your throwing knives and use them with the same abilities as your non-throwing daggers?

Hey, just got the LE edition from BB, installing now. Still need to pick a server, and a class.

you get booty when you stop playing AOC.

assassins... can you poison your throwing knives and use them with the same abilities as your non-throwing daggers?

I already get enough booty in the rl, now it's my turn to get some booty in a video game. Let the booty extravenganza begin!!

Back